PDA

View Full Version : Wade: "Kobe shouldn't have won MVP"

RedsLakers24
03-06-2009, 06:20 PM
''Not taking away nothing from Kobe -- I thought he was unbelievable,'' Wade said. ``I thought he should have won MVP some previous years. [But] I thought Chris Paul was the most valuable player, from the way he played and what he meant to that team. That's my interpretation of what a MVP is.''

i lost alot of respect for wade :ihit

jonnybravo
03-06-2009, 06:21 PM
What for?

You could have made a great argument for Paul last year and he conceded that Kobe should have won a few the previous years (*cough* Nash *cough*).

Ghazi
03-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Paul had his chance and blew it.

BRHornet45
03-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Wade speaking the truth and everyone knows it. Kobe won the lifetime achievement award last season. period.

GuerillaBlack
03-06-2009, 06:28 PM
No respect lost for what Wade said.

Chieflion
03-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Wade just said what he should have said. Nothing suprising there.

Allanon
03-06-2009, 07:00 PM
If CP3 had beaten Kobe in that game at the end of the year, he would have won MVP.

Instead, he folded, and lost his MVP.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Where exactly does Wade say, "Kobe shouldn't have won MVP"?

I know a lot of Laker fans think everything said about the NBA that isn't completely on Kobe's cock is said to hate on Kobe, but could this possibly be Wade showing respect to Paul and not saying anything negative about Kobe? Maybe?

JamStone
03-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Where exactly does Wade say, "Kobe shouldn't have won MVP"?

Wade said Paul should have won the MVP last year. Kobe won the MVP last year. If Wade thinks Paul should have won the MVP last year, the obvious deduction is that Wade believes that Kobe shouldn't have won the MVP last year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Wade said Paul should have won the MVP last year. Kobe won the MVP last year. If Wade thinks Paul should have won the MVP last year, the obvious deduction is that Wade believes that Kobe shouldn't have won the MVP last year.

True, but when you stick quotes around the phrase you imply he specifically spoke out against Kobe, when in reality all he did was speak out in favor of Paul.

Ghazi
03-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Wade speaking the truth and everyone knows it. Kobe won the lifetime achievement award last season. period.

No, not everyone knows it. Only sissy cuckold homer bitches like yourself.

Paul had his chance last year. Staples Center, #1 seed on line basically, Hornets v Lakers. What does he do? Play like shit as the Hornets fall behind by 30.

Well, it IS a regular season award. And the Lakers DID have a better record than the Hornets.

Although the Celtics did have the best record, they were too much of a balanced triumvirate to really give out the MVP.

That was his chance, blew it. Statement game. Didn't convert.

Besides, does the league really want its "MVP" deferring to JANNERO mutha fuckin PARGO in the 4th quarter of a crucial game 7?

Holmes_Fans
03-06-2009, 07:08 PM
As much as I hate Wade, where did he ever say "Kobe shouldn't have won MVP"?

balli
03-06-2009, 07:09 PM
I'll never call a pg MVP until they average either a triple double or 20 assists. The very nature of the pg position lends itself to team success, thereby diminishing pg contributions in comparison to MVP caliber seasons from other positions.

SpursDynasty
03-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Chris Paul had a fluke year last year. He's not even in the MVP race this year. Pathetic.

The Franchise
03-06-2009, 07:12 PM

For being right?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-06-2009, 07:14 PM
As much as I hate Wade, where did he ever say "Kobe shouldn't have won MVP"?

He didn't, it's just a Laker fan victimizing Kobe and trying to make everything about Kobe. Nothing special or anything.

Banzai
03-06-2009, 07:19 PM
um who cares?

balli
03-06-2009, 07:21 PM
um who cares?

People who like the NBA enough to post in an online NBA forum.

Banzai
03-06-2009, 07:31 PM
People who like the NBA enough to post in an online NBA forum.

:hat

lefty
03-06-2009, 07:55 PM

I have a lot of respect for Wade :king

TheMACHINE
03-06-2009, 08:01 PM

Paul had his chance last year. Staples Center, #1 seed on line basically, Hornets v Lakers. What does he do? Play like shit as the Hornets fall behind by 30.

Well, it IS a regular season award. And the Lakers DID have a better record than the Hornets.

Although the Celtics did have the best record, they were too much of a balanced triumvirate to really give out the MVP.

Besides, does the league really want its "MVP" deferring to JANNERO mutha fuckin PARGO in the 4th quarter of a crucial game 7?

Ghazi speaks teh truth. DOnt blame Kobe..blame Paul for sucking against his MVP competition.

BRHornet45
03-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Chris Paul had a fluke year last year. He's not even in the MVP race this year. Pathetic.

LMAO at you son. are you serious? have you not looked at his stats this season? Paul is having a better year this season than he did last year! .... he is averaging more points per game, more steals, his field goal and free throw percentage is higher than it was last year, etc. The only thing that is slightly down is his assist per game, but he is still EASILY leading the league in that category. not to mention he is easily leading the league in steals, leading the league in triple doubles, and 4th in the league in double doubles. he will average at least 21 points per game and 11 assist per game again this season.

son I am all for hating on players if you don't like them .... but how can you take away his game? you truly are a complete jackass if you believe that Paul was a fluke last season lol.

Red Hawk #21
03-06-2009, 08:10 PM
I Hate Chris Paul, that being said he should have been MVP last season

Banzai
03-06-2009, 08:13 PM
LMAO at you son. are you serious? have you not looked at his stats this season? Paul is having a better year this season than he did last year! .... he is averaging more points per game, more steals, his field goal and free throw percentage is higher than it was last year, etc. The only thing that is slightly down is his assist per game, but he is still EASILY leading the league in that category. not to mention he is easily leading the league in steals, leading the league in triple doubles, and 4th in the league in double doubles. he will average at least 21 points per game and 11 assist per game again this season.

son I am all for hating on players if you don't like them .... but how can you take away his game? you truly are a complete jackass if you believe that Paul was a fluke last season lol.
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/stanley2.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3103)

Austin_Toros
03-06-2009, 08:18 PM
When did Wade say this, anyway?
Besides, Chris Paul arguably more deserving of MVP

GuerillaBlack
03-06-2009, 08:19 PM

May I remind you that you are responding to SpursDynasty.

BRHornet45
03-06-2009, 08:23 PM

true son. my bads

TheProfessor
03-06-2009, 08:29 PM
If CP3 had beaten Kobe in that game at the end of the year, he would have won MVP.

The MVP should never come down to a single game, that's just easier for the talking heads to digest. You could easily argue that Paul lacked the weapons Bryant had, but still managed to take an inferior squad to the second seed, and nearly the first. Why people feel the need to denigrate Paul's accomplishments to prop up Kobe's is beyond me.

iilluzioN
03-06-2009, 08:39 PM
one thing people dont really know is that Wade and Kobe don't really like each other...

lefty
03-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Wade is killing the Raptors right now

Ok, it doesn't count :lol

DAF86
03-06-2009, 09:09 PM
''Not taking away nothing from Kobe -- I thought he was unbelievable,'' Wade said. ``I thought he should have won MVP some previous years. [But] I thought Chris Paul was the most valuable player, from the way he played and what he meant to that team. That's my interpretation of what a MVP is.''

Wade and I are on the same page here. Kobe IMO should have won the MVP the year he averaged 35 for the whole season and took a bunch of scrubs to the WC playoffs but last year Paul should have won it.

DAF86
03-06-2009, 09:22 PM

Ghazi speaks teh truth. DOnt blame Kobe..blame Paul for sucking against his MVP competition.

Let's change the award name from "Most Valuable Player" to "Best player of the best or second best team in the regular season" then.

Besides if Kobe and Paul would have changed team-mates and homecourt adventage I'm pretty sure the winner of that matchup would have been CP3.

Spur-Addict
03-06-2009, 10:05 PM
This isn't even much of a debate. CP3 was the MVP last year, no hate intended. One game does not a resume make. That is an explanation the league gave you, what you watched and how they told you it was decided. There is zero doubt who the better player is, or at the time which team was better, but that isn't what we're talking about.

Absurd

manufor3
03-06-2009, 11:03 PM

:lol

TheMACHINE
03-07-2009, 01:11 AM
This isn't even much of a debate. CP3 was the MVP last year, no hate intended. One game does not a resume make. That is an explanation the league gave you, what you watched and how they told you it was decided. There is zero doubt who the better player is, or at the time which team was better, but that isn't what we're talking about.

Absurd

what? I read ur post like 5 times and i still dont understand it. :(

TheMACHINE
03-07-2009, 01:12 AM
Let's change the award name from "Most Valuable Player" to "Best player of the best or second best team in the regular season" then.

Besides if Kobe and Paul would have changed team-mates and homecourt adventage I'm pretty sure the winner of that matchup would have been CP3.

Still dont see your point.

Brazil
03-07-2009, 01:18 AM
I Hate Chris Paul, that being said he should have been MVP last season

Pelicans78
03-07-2009, 03:57 PM

You'll see how much of a fluke he is when you guys come down on the 29th.

Lars
03-07-2009, 06:10 PM
By my defenition, Chris Paul is my MVP. Simply put, the Hornets are trash without him. They are a lottery team without him. Cavs and Lakers still make the playoffs without thier respective superstars. Kobe and Lebron are better players, but Paul is most valuable.

wireonfire
03-07-2009, 06:23 PM
A little more respect for Wade for telling the truth.

sonic21
03-07-2009, 06:26 PM
wade just said what everyone else was thinking.

it should have been:
2005 shaq
2006 kobe
2007 dirk
2008 cp3

Rogue
03-07-2009, 06:28 PM
By my defenition, Chris Paul is my MVP. Simply put, the Hornets are trash without him. They are a lottery team without him. Cavs and Lakers still make the playoffs without thier respective superstars. Kobe and Lebron are better players, but Paul is most valuable.
agreed, Chris is really the most valuable player in NBA nowadays. I'm not sure if CP3 is really more valuable than Lebron or Kobe but he is bound to be more valuable than tmac, at least the rockets team are not a trash without tmac.

balli
03-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Cavs and Lakers still make the playoffs without thier respective superstars.
I don't think that's a foregone conclusion.

Though I agree entirely that the Hornets go nowhere without Paul.

Ghazi
03-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Lakers would win around 40-45 without Kobe. IMO

Cavs could possibly squeak into the playoffs w/o Lebron since the East is shit , but even that I doubt.

DAF86
03-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Still dont see your point.

My point is that Paul was the MVP last season 'cause he took a team that without him can't win 30 games in the eastern conference to the 2nd seed in the west and besides that he had better all-around numbers than Kobe. The MVP is an individual award, the fact that a team ends up the regular season with a better record than other shouldn't be taken into consideration.

Sportstudi
03-08-2009, 07:13 AM
wade just said what everyone else was thinking.

it should have been:
2005 shaq
2006 kobe
2007 dirk
2008 cp3

Agreed

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Lakers would win around 40-45 without Kobe. IMO

Cavs could possibly squeak into the playoffs w/o Lebron since the East is shit , but even that I doubt.

i remember gasol led memphis team would usually crack 50wins.....and the lakers is more deeper than that memphis team....