PDA

View Full Version : Celtics-Cavs Game Thread

crc21209
03-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Game tied 6-6 so far. Celtic fans getting on LeBron after blowing the huge dunk attempt. :lol

iilluzioN
03-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Goo boston!!!

Goooo! Rondo!!!

lefty
03-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Go Lebrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

dickface
03-06-2009, 08:52 PM
I never really noticed because I'm not totally gay, but Kendrick Perkins has got some skinny little white boy lips.

lefty
03-06-2009, 08:55 PM
I never really noticed because I'm not totally gay, but Kendrick Perkins has got some skinny little white boy lips.

Maybe you shouldn't have bought that HDTV

SpursDynasty
03-06-2009, 08:57 PM
LeBron James sucking in a big game, nothing new there. I thought he was the top MVP candidate? I don't know after watching this game so far. He just doesn't have "it". Nothing personal against LeBron, this is more of an attack on the endless media hype that he gets. LeBron tonight is performing the way he usually does and is expected to - subpar....again, I have nothing personal against LeBron James. He's just not that good.

Banzai
03-06-2009, 08:58 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/balloon_toss.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=1832)

hhml
03-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Celtics getting anything they want. Most of their points are coming from inside the paint with ease, while the Cavs are struggling to get a shot off. C's are playing terrific defense denying dribble penetration. This is where the Cavs hurt the most - they have 0 post players.

The difference is C's are able to dump the ball into the post for an easy score, whereas the Cavs are trying to penetrate (and are unable to) because of their lack of post players.

Def Rowe
03-06-2009, 09:35 PM
That was for sure flagrant foul by Davis on Varajoa. Not sure if it was a flagrant 2.

mogrovejo
03-06-2009, 10:22 PM
This game is coming dangerously close of being the worst officiated game I've ever seen in any sport. Truly bizarre decisions from the refs.

Spur-Addict
03-06-2009, 10:32 PM

That's because alot phenotypical features people like to assign as being prevalent among certain "races" (Phenotypical traits), isn't true.

balli
03-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Man, this has just been an abscess of a game. Jazz/Nuggets better not be so shitty.

ducks
03-06-2009, 10:39 PM
james sucked major in this game
he does against good d teams
nothing new here

KidCongo
03-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Cavs can't get a stop, make their FT's, stop Leon Powe, Davis and Perkins and it looks like every loose ball went into a Celtic's hand.

:shootme

KidCongo
03-06-2009, 10:40 PM
james sucked major in this game
he does against good d teams
nothing new here

Ya James dominates shitty teams like the Spurs.

RedsLakers24
03-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Lebron always chokes agaisnt good teams, look what he did against the LAKERS

mogrovejo
03-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Terrible officiating. The flagrant2 should have been a 1, but whatever, it could go both ways. But the way they called the game was alarming. I don't even want to look to the stats and see the points in the paint/fts ratio. Very, very bad decisions from the refs.

DrHouse
03-06-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm not even sure the Cavs beat the Celtics with HCA now...

ducks
03-06-2009, 10:55 PM
cavs have to have wallace back before the go anywhere
they are fucking soft without him

balli
03-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Speaking of bad officiating: make-up calls are just about the worst thing ever. Bill Simmons wrote something this week about how much of a disservice the NBA officiating is to its fans. Especially after all the promises they made as a consequence of Donoughy. It's just a joke.

SpursDynasty
03-07-2009, 01:12 PM
LeBron James sucks against real teams. 5-for-15 from the floor? You know you've had a shitty game when Mo Williams outscores and outshoots you.

LEONARD
03-07-2009, 01:26 PM
LeBron James sucks against real teams. 5-for-15 from the floor? You know you've had a shitty game when Mo Williams outscores and outshoots you.

Clearly a wasted draft pick, and certainly no All-Star...

Thunder Dan
03-07-2009, 01:31 PM

Lebron dominates scub teams, which is why he dominated the Spurs- playing only 3 quarters

mogrovejo
03-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Cleveland doesn't use James properly in some games, I think. He must play off the ball more time.

Also, I have no idea why Brown kept trapping Pierce and Allen yesterday when it was obviously not working.

Signing Joe Smith saved the Cavs season if Wallace doesn't come back. Z, AV and JJ (plus LBJ and WS on limited minutes) wouldn't be enough. A frontcourt too vulnerable, especially on defence. No way they'd win four series. It was essential for them to get Smith.

JoeTait75
03-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Cleveland doesn't use James properly in some games, I think. He must play off the ball more time.

Also, I have no idea why Brown kept trapping Pierce and Allen yesterday when it was obviously not working.

Signing Joe Smith saved the Cavs season if Wallace doesn't come back. Z, AV and JJ (plus LBJ and WS on limited minutes) wouldn't be enough. A frontcourt too vulnerable, especially on defence. No way they'd win four series. It was essential for them to get Smith.

1.) That's on LeBron for not having a post game he can turn to if the lanes are clogged and he's not getting whistles going to the basket. He has no fundamental offensive strength he can turn to in tough games. All he has is his driving ability and his streaky jumper. That's good enough 90 percent of the time. Against defensive teams the caliber of Boston, in their place, it isn't good enough.

2.) A lot of posters on the Cavaliers board are wondering the same thing about MB's defensive strategy, calling it a gimmick defense he employed because KG was out. The Celtics make the extra passes and take advantage of how slow our big men are getting back after they hedge and double. Perkins, Davis and Bowe aren't the most skilled players, but they're strong and they know how to get to the front of the rim and finish. I'd rather see the Cavaliers take their chances playing Pierce and Shuttlesworth straight-up and at least try to take away the easy opportunities for Boston's three-headed frontcourt monster.

3.) Cleveland has had major issues in the frontcourt all season, and those issues will be the killer if they have to play Boston without HCA, or if they have to play L.A. at all. No low-post offense or defense.