PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried

TDfan2007
03-06-2009, 10:55 PM
There is NO WAY we're going anywhere in the playoffs with Tim playing at the level he's played since returning. Does anyone know if it's still a problem? The other day against the Mavs was the slowest I've ever seen Tim and today he finishes with 5 points and 5 rebounds. I'm thinking he's still injured.

bbarry
03-06-2009, 10:55 PM
or more like it was a blowout since midway through the 3rd quarter. we pretty much didn't need him tonight at all, tbqh.

ducks
03-06-2009, 10:56 PM
that is why he should have kepted playing
5 turnovers tonight wtf
I guess tp needs to get him a dunk to get him going early next game

Rynospursfan
03-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Tim is still hurting a bit, no doubt.

But if this team can get healthy, get Tim back to full strength, get Manu feeling good and back on the court, and Gooden gets healthy and integrates into the system we can beat the Lakers and get back to the Finals. You got to feel pretty fuckin good about that.

A lot of ifs but Gooden brings us closer than we have been since that jackass in Memphis gave Pau away to the Lakers.

exstatic
03-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Tim usually looks bored against bad teams, which explains tonight. He also lets Joey take him out of games he refs, which explains Dallas.

It's unfortunate, but Tim just doesn't bring it every night. It has nothing to do with injury.

bdictjames
03-06-2009, 11:01 PM
The team does not have playmakers when Duncan's on the floor, so less easy shots. Team needs Manu.

exstatic
03-06-2009, 11:03 PM
The team does not have playmakers when Duncan's on the floor, so less easy shots. Team needs Manu.

They actually weren't even posting Tim up in the first Q. Not even looking for him. It was just a ton of drive and kick jump shots, which explains why the Wiz kept it close for a bit.

VI_Massive
03-06-2009, 11:04 PM
he's got a nagging injury. keep him rested.

we have no need for him and an early game against a pretty good team on sunday.

completely deck
03-06-2009, 11:09 PM
He's fine.

MarHill
03-06-2009, 11:13 PM
He's fine.

Yep he is!

TD is human and he will be looking to breakout from his last three subpar games.

:flag:

duncan228
03-06-2009, 11:15 PM
I think the tendonosis is an issue, I think it's here to stay. It's going to be a matter of severity on any given night. He just can't get the kind of rest it needs to heal fully during the season.

I do think he'll be able to play through it. And he'll rise when we need him to, he always does. Ankles, PF, he's shown us that nothing will keep him down in April.

HarlemHeat37
03-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Duncan is coming off an injury, that's all you have to know..the injury was knee-related, so it's obviously affecting his lift and movement..he needs a little more time to get back to the level he was playing at before the injury, which was dominance..

the mistakes tonight were all rust-related..

another thing about Duncan is that he has a lot of games where he makes his defender look good, even when he's healthy, by using some of his stupid moves that lead to getting blocked..it's like he gets bored..we've discussed this many times here..

he'll be fine when it matters..

duncan228
03-06-2009, 11:27 PM
On a purely selfish note, I'm so glad I saw the Clippers game. :)

bigdog
03-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Duncan's injury will probably last the rest of the season. He just has to play through it, but don't overplay him, unless it's in the playoffs and you need to give him big minutes. He'll be fine.

completely deck
03-06-2009, 11:34 PM
I think a great test will be on Sunday. He's going to have to go all out. We'll see.

fiona_yin
03-06-2009, 11:39 PM
hope td's ok with his knee

Capt Bringdown
03-06-2009, 11:39 PM
The Spurs are starting to remind me somewhat of Hakeem's Rockets post-championship years. A slow whittling away of ability and constantly pestered by injuries.

alchemist
03-07-2009, 12:01 AM
he's got a nagging injury. keep him rested.

we have no need for him and an early game against a pretty good team on sunday.
you'll wear out Parker if you rest Timmy (and he'll get rusty), these guys are holding on by the slimmest of margins until Ginobili comes back.

Hopefully Manu is back by the Minnesota game :ihit

Ice009
03-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Tim is stealing money from Holt. He is playing with no heart, getting owned by lesser players and hanging his head. He is soft and weak minded! I think when Manu gets back and Gooden gets on the floor it may spark his fire. I hope the spurs get an emotional leader next year like a Mario Ellie. On a team of quite soft spoken guys they need that one head strong, big mouth that goes off every now and then and isnt afraid to get into a ruckus!

Come on man aren't you going a bit overboard here?

lefty
03-07-2009, 12:17 AM
There is NO WAY we're going anywhere in the playoffs with Tim playing at the level he's played since returning. Does anyone know if it's still a problem? The other day against the Mavs was the slowest I've ever seen Tim and today he finishes with 5 points and 5 rebounds. I'm thinking he's still injured.

Panic Mode?

Have you ever compared Duncan's numbers in the playoffs vs his regular season numbers?

Don't worry

He'll average 10 pts and 10 rbds in the playoffs :lol

spurster
03-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Yes, TD was looking sluggish and hesitant on offense. He seemed to have a lot less bounce than usual, which isn't much to begin with.

lefty
03-07-2009, 12:25 AM
He just wasn't motivated to play against a crappy team

Brazil
03-07-2009, 12:48 AM
tim is stealing money from holt. He is playing with no heart, getting owned by lesser players and hanging his head. He is soft and weak minded! I think when manu gets back and gooden gets on the floor it may spark his fire. I hope the spurs get an emotional leader next year like a mario ellie. On a team of quite soft spoken guys they need that one head strong, big mouth that goes off every now and then and isnt afraid to get into a ruckus!

gtfoh

MavTalker
03-07-2009, 12:55 AM
http://www.alright-stuff.co.uk/CHUNKY_WORRY_BEADS.jpg

Taking it to the Hole
03-07-2009, 12:58 AM
For only playing 18 minutes, 5 pts and 5 rebounds isn't horrible. There is nothing wrong with Tim. A game against the Wizards in March isn't nearly as important as a game in May.

Rapper
03-07-2009, 01:01 AM
More Tim Duncan, More Tim Duncan

We all need you Timmy

Ice009
03-07-2009, 01:03 AM
He just wasn't motivated to play against a crappy team

That's the thing probably. I even mentioned in the game thread that I didn't really want to play the Wizards after a tough loss to the Mavericks. I'd rather play a good team. Tim probably didn't give a stuff about playing against these guys.

Thomas82
03-07-2009, 04:20 AM
or more like it was a blowout since midway through the 3rd quarter. we pretty much didn't need him tonight at all, tbqh.

Wasn't he in foul trouble as well?

Thomas82
03-07-2009, 04:24 AM
for only playing 18 minutes, 5 pts and 5 rebounds isn't horrible. There is nothing wrong with tim. A game against the wizards in march isn't nearly as important as a game in may.

+1

Spork KIller
03-07-2009, 04:56 AM
The Tin Man SUCKS!

rayray2k8
03-07-2009, 05:00 AM
The Tin Man SUCKS!

Better than Yao at this level though..
Just for you Louis.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw24MqqXgAs

raspsa
03-07-2009, 08:10 AM
It's not healthy to get unduly worried over things beyond your control. I'm just glad the Spurs made a move and signed Gooden and I'm hoping he helps.. I'm confident manu will be back soon and will be his old self come the playoffs. The team still has more games to work on improving its defense. Call me an optimist but I like this team's chances this year compared to last year's. Just give me a healthy roster that leaves everything out on the floor when they play, win or lose, that's all I ask.

Bruno
03-07-2009, 09:22 AM
The good news is that Duncan wanted to go back on the court late in the game.
Pain is an important part of tendons injury and if he wanted to play meaningless minutes, the pain level is obviously quite low.

ohmwrecker
03-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Tim will be fine. If he was really hurting he wouldn't be joking around on the bench so much. He is always his own harshest critic, he always hangs his head, but he always comes back strong and is a beast come playoff time. He is also, arguably, in the best shape of his career. So, a minor injury is not going to slow him down very long.
I would be more concerned about Manu, at this point. We need Manu on the floor. Our team is much better than it was last year. Gooden is a great pick up and I like our chances. This is no time for panic! Get it together!

Stop bumming me out!

ALAMO-DEFENSE
03-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Timmy real bball skills and I.Q. is illustrated in May & June. "In Pop We Trust" : so DON'T PANIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thomas82
03-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Tim will be fine. If he was really hurting he wouldn't be joking around on the bench so much. He is always his own harshest critic, he always hangs his head, but he always comes back strong and is a beast come playoff time. He is also, arguably, in the best shape of his career. So, a minor injury is not going to slow him down very long.
I would be more concerned about Manu, at this point. We need Manu on the floor. Our team is much better than it was last year. Gooden is a great pick up and I like our chances. This is no time for panic! Get it together!

Stop bumming me out!

+1
This is why I feel good about our chances for #5 this year.

usckk
03-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Duncan! Please be okay! Please! I'm really worried too! :(

Bartleby
03-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Tim is stealing money from Holt . . . . He is soft and weak minded!

That's the stupidest shit I've seen posted all week. Seriously.

On a team of quite soft spoken guys they need that one head strong, big mouth that goes off every now and then and isnt afraid to get into a ruckus!

I'm sure there is still plenty of room on the Garnett bandwagon. You really should get on it because you're an embarrassment to Spurs fans.

TampaDude
03-07-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm not worried.

urunobili
03-07-2009, 11:29 AM
:lol Tim is great... the rest he has been getting will make him be 100% for the playoffs... Tim will be a Monster then...

bigdog
03-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Tim will be fine.

sananspursfan21
03-07-2009, 04:25 PM
don't worry, be happy. spurs will get that championship

tim_duncan94
03-07-2009, 04:36 PM
i dont kno y all of u guys are worried. timmy is gonna be fine i mean come on hes the best power forword in the game for crying out loud. like some of u said u think a little minor injury is gonna slow timmy down.hes the best and he will always be the best so stop worrying about him hes fine just get ready for this ass whoopin we put on those damn suns. nash u suck

NahsIz
03-07-2009, 04:41 PM
he is still injured......hope he is fine with he knee.

Rogue
03-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Better than Yao at this level though..
Just for you Louis.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw24MqqXgAs
it's not yao's fault to get dunked

in fact that was a mis-match: Landry on Deng while Tmac was guarding Gooden, it was tmac's fault to let Gooden get the ball and make the dunk. Yao was focused on Gray who was also playing center and Gray didn't get any chance. Yao did his work well but tmac sucked for a second and let Gooden get the chance to embarrass yao. It's still tmac's fault, just like the cold weather and the finacial crisis. Lets blame tracy, my beloved rockets fans.

easy7
03-10-2009, 08:15 AM
You should be worried about all your worrying...

TDMVPDPOY
03-10-2009, 08:32 AM
dunno what ur worried about fool

duncan played on 2 bumb ankles during the 05 playoff campaign
06 campaign with PF

i see nothing wrong with him even with this knee jerk reaction....

doe718
03-10-2009, 08:52 AM
No need to worry about timmy we should be worried about manu getting healthy everybodt else is fin as long as him and gooden come in and contribute we will give the lakers a run for thir money nobody else stands a chance .

Bartleby
03-10-2009, 10:23 AM
I hope you're just messing around. B/c that is a bunch of B.S.:ihit

Actually, he's not.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3174994#post3174994

Not sure how any Spurs fan can be such a Duncan hater, but there you have it.