PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes (Wizards Game)

duncan228
03-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Post Game Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_090306.html)

Head Coach Gregg Popovich

“We played pretty good defense the entire game, of course they were undermanned and that made it really difficult for the Wizards. We didn’t let up; we played hard and got the win.”

On the Spurs bench playing more minutes to help rest the starters - “Well at this time of year when you get a game like this; when every once and a while your starters can rest it’s usually a good thing. So that worked out for us.”

On Ime Udoka and the bench players and the playing time they get - “Well I think everyone on the bench has done a great job; Ime included obviously. Even Jacque (Vaughn) who has gotten fewer minutes then anyone; you’ll find them all in the gym before practice, after practice and just being really professional. They’re earning their pay, not sulking, it’s a real joy to be around people like that.”

Roger Mason

On the win - “We’re still disappointed in the way we played last game. We wanted to come out strong and get the win.”

On the play of the bench - “I think they were great. It was good that everyone got a chance to play and to get back in rhythm. We’re going to need everyone for this last stretch coming, so it’s good to see.”

On the upcoming game against Phoenix - “They had a coaching change and they’re playing well. Every game in the West is tough now with the standings so close. It’ll be a tough game for us but hopefully we’ll come out and be ready.”

Ime Udoka

On the play of the bench - “We were just trying to keep the score up when we can come out there and contribute. We wanted to keep the lead up and actually push it up and that’s something we talked about when we were going in, to be able to take a little pressure off the guys and get ready for an early game Sunday.”

On the starters resting the entire fourth quarter - “Like I said, we have an early game Sunday and a hard game. Just coming in a doing our job, we had a 25 point lead and we talked about getting it to 30 and giving the rest of the guys the night off.”

On the defense - “Pop (Gregg Popovich) broke it (the Dallas game) down and really got after us about all the mistakes we made and losing a close game like that. It’s something we need to focus on from here on out and I think we started with a good job tonight.”

Head Coach Ed Tapscott

Tonight’s match-up - “Not enough… not enough. In addition to the Spurs being relatively healthy other than Manu Ginobili they are also playing at a higher level than us right now. The point I made to our guys tonight is, some things we can control which are mental and physical toughness. We got a lesson in mental and physical toughness from the Spurs tonight. The Spurs play at a high level and sustain that level throughout the game. Hopefully we can learn from this match-up tonight.”

On Tony Parker - “Tony treated our defense like Swiss cheese tonight by putting holes all over the place. He had about 4 or 5 lay-ups tonight which wee did not defend at all. We have to be tougher on the court both physically and mentally. We need to challenge and close down the lane defensively so guys like Tony don’t get the easy points.”

Darius Songaila

On the game - Our effort has to get better. We played hard in the beginning of the first half but the ball just didn’t bounce our way tonight. In the second half of the game, the Spurs came out with lots of fast break shots, layups and a lot of easy baskets. It just slipped away from us.

Antawn Jamison

On the game - The Spurs are an elite team and it is always difficult to play them. They are a team that doesn’t go out and take games but a team that makes you give the game to them. There defense was terrific and they were able to move the ball and get open shots. Tony Parker in the third quarter was finding the basket so easily and getting easy shots.

We need to play better. It’s difficult because every team we are playing is playing for something. Some are playing for playoff positioning and just to play in the postseason. Every game we have to be prepared and definitely play better than we did tonight.

kace
03-07-2009, 04:39 AM
fortunately, there are still the opponent to give Tony his due. The last games, they have been full of praise about tony's game.

Which is well deserved, since we're playing without Manu and Tim (even since he came back, the real Tim is still not here) for 7 games and thanks to him and a good overall defensive team work, we were still winning this 7 games streak.

Nowitzki : "He got whatever he wanted.''

"Tony Parker was a super stud again, and generated the offense again,'' Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His leadership on the floor was exceptional.''

"He was like a roadrunner blowing by us,'' McMillan said.

Portland guard Steve Blake said facing the Spurs without Duncan and Ginobili doesn't make it as easy as one might think.
"It's tougher, because every play is pretty much for him,'' Blake said. "Otherwise it's post-ups and getting some play for Ginobili. But now it's pick-and-rolls and isos pretty much every play, and he's so good that he's taking advantage of it.''

Ed Tapscott : "Tony treated our defense like Swiss cheese tonight by putting holes all over the place."

"The fact is they can go with the Tony Parker show," said Dunleavy. "OK, you set picks for Tony and then roll to the basket. If he finds you great, if not rebound."

Last seven games without manu and tim, despite a poor game against the cavs: 26.2 ppg / 7.4 apg / 51.4 % FG.

some of his opponent should come to post on ST, it would give a more balanced view of Tony.
Hopefully, he will have some rest until the PO to be at this level there. we'll see if the spurs PO rank is secured soon enough to allow this.

Spork KIller
03-07-2009, 04:51 AM
Quit creaming your panties on a victory against an undermanned team

bitches!!

You will see a real team this Sunday...

romain.star
03-07-2009, 05:34 AM
fortunately, there are still the opponent to give Tony his due. The last games, they have been full of praise about tony's game.

Which is well deserved, since we're playing without Manu and Tim (even since he came back, the real Tim is still not here) for 7 games and thanks to him and a good overall defensive team work, we were still winning this 7 games streak.

"Tony Parker was a super stud again, and generated the offense again,'' Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His leadership on the floor was exceptional.''

Portland guard Steve Blake said facing the Spurs without Duncan and Ginobili doesn't make it as easy as one might think.
"It's tougher, because every play is pretty much for him,'' Blake said. "Otherwise it's post-ups and getting some play for Ginobili. But now it's pick-and-rolls and isos pretty much every play, and he's so good that he's taking advantage of it.''

Ed Tapscott : "Tony treated our defense like Swiss cheese tonight by putting holes all over the place."

"The fact is they can go with the Tony Parker show," said Dunleavy. "OK, you set picks for Tony and then roll to the basket. If he finds you great, if not rebound."

Last seven games without manu and tim, despite a poor game against the cavs: 26.2 ppg / 7.4 apg / 51.4 % FG.

some of his opponent should come to post on ST, it would give a more balanced view of Tony.
Hopefully, he will have some rest until the PO to be at this level there. we'll see if the spurs PO rank is secured soon enough to allow this.

Yeah kace, you're right about TP being underestimated on ST but is that really important?

I mean...why don't you just enjoy watching him and stop wondering what other posters think about him and his game?

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2009, 05:40 AM

bitches!!

so where was this team ur talkin about when played against teh rockets yesterday?

kace
03-07-2009, 05:48 AM
Yeah kace, you're right about TP being underestimated on ST but is that really important?

I mean...why don't you just enjoy watching him and stop wondering what other posters think about him and his game?

you're right.

but it doesn't prevent me to give his due, which i did in my previous post.

and it's a forum. i don't need forums to watch TP and spurs games.

the point of a forum is to talk about the team. and after such a streak of games, i find it amazing that Tony is almost forgotten and when you see the opponent, coachs or players, talking about him during this streak, it's even more amazing.

anyway, how did you find him during this strecht where he was the main man ?

romain.star
03-07-2009, 07:06 AM
Well... before this strecht, i was not sure about TP being the franchise player of a successfull NBA team.

He just made a case for himself.
I'm now pretty sure this guy can score 35 pts or dishes 15 assists on a regular basis, just like CP3, IF he was the main man

But let me tell you something: i'd rather have him score 18 pts and dish 5 assists and get the ring at the end of the season.

Rogue
03-07-2009, 07:10 AM

bitches!!

stfu, your suns sucked even worse than the wizards did last night.

kace
03-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Well... before this strecht, i was not sure about TP being the franchise player of a successfull NBA team.

He just made a case for himself.
I'm now pretty sure this guy can score 35 pts or dishes 15 assists on a regular basis, just like CP3, IF he was the main man

But let me tell you something: i'd rather have him score 18 pts and dish 5 assists and get the ring at the end of the season.

i have never thought TP could be the franchise player of this team and still don't. As i already said, from the active players, i only see LBJ and Shaq at his prime to put on the same category as Tim when it comes to winning franchise player.

but he can be the leader of this team and still win if he's well surrounded which is yet a great accomplishment.

Tim is in a different level since his presence alone make a contender of any team.

but once again, the praises he received from opponents say a lot. When people talk about the Tony's show or about the spurs without tim and manu being not necesseraly weaker since tony has more responsability on the offense (even if it's not true, especially on the long term), i think it says a lot of TP level.

romain.star
03-07-2009, 08:16 AM
i have never thought TP could be the franchise player of this team and still don't. As i already said, from the active players, i only see LBJ and Shaq at his prime to put on the same category as Tim when it comes to winning franchise player.

but he can be the leader of this team and still win if he's well surrounded which is yet a great accomplishment.

Tim is in a different level since his presence alone make a contender of any team.

but once again, the praises he received from opponents say a lot. When people talk about the Tony's show or about the spurs without tim and manu being not necesseraly weaker since tony has more responsability on the offense (even if it's not true, especially on the long term), i think it says a lot of TP level.

TP can be and will be the franchise player of the spurs in a couple of years.

With aging but healthy Hall of famers (TD and Manu) + good role players (ala Mason, Hill, Bonner and Gooden), i see the spurs remaining a force in this league for a few more years

jdev82
03-07-2009, 09:47 AM

bitches!!

merry x-mas and a happy new year

Summers
03-07-2009, 11:21 AM

bitches!!

Speaking of bitch behavior, if the Spurs beat the Suns, are you going to disappear for 3 days again like a pussy?

ducks
03-08-2009, 12:30 AM

I agree tp should get more praised he has been unreal during this stretch