PDA

View Full Version : Parker Has tendenitis?

RobinsontoDuncan
03-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Great one more thing, you have got to be fucking kidding me, how can Parker be hurt too, he said just before the all-star game that he felt great, and that his body was feeling very good, no it looks like all of our big three are seriously banged up, this is total Shit.

Tendinitis never goes away either does it? I'm pretty sure once you develop tendinitis it is a life time thing.

ShoogarBear
03-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Michael Jordan had it. Really screwed up his career.

exstatic
03-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Sean Elliott had it, and it DID screw up his career.

bonesinaz
03-10-2005, 09:24 PM
It is just the inflammation of a tendon. Look it up.

exstatic
03-10-2005, 09:27 PM
It worries me a bit that Parker, who did NOT play in the Olympics last summer, and who is only 22 YO, has tendonitis.

ShoogarBear
03-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I was just going for the one-liner.

Lots of people have it. I have it in my knee. It can be chronic, but it can also be alleviated by good physical therapy. Things that can cause it include inadequate stretching, unbalanced muscle development, or unequal limb lengths.

In a 22-year old, it's probably unlikely to be a big problem now, but it might be in 10 years.

exstatic
03-10-2005, 09:29 PM
True. Technically, he IS still a growing boy. Do your stretching, Tony.

bonesinaz
03-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Overuse is probably the number one reason for injuries in the NBA. TP played in back to backs, he is feeling it today.

I wouldn't read too much into this unless Pop puts him on IR for it.

ShoogarBear
03-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Plus, I wonder if Tony has truly been diagnosed with tendinitis, or if he's just using the word imprecisely to mean sore muscles, or if there was an imperfect translation.

bonesinaz
03-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Good point about the translation.

boutons
03-10-2005, 09:44 PM
"truly been diagnosed with tendinitis"

Not a very tough diagnosis. He's got top-level trainers and sports medicine doctors around him, and almost everybody gets it somewhere sometime. I know the difference from my elbow/knee tendonitis pain and sore muscle pain.

milkyway21
03-10-2005, 09:45 PM
i noticed that Parker was limping in the 1st qtr in the game vs. Suns. And i was scared he'd join the IL, but turned to have 34 pts. in the game & looked alright.

but, tendenitis? oh no! :depressed

SequSpur
03-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Ex, how is your vaginitis? Are you still able to run?

:lol

PM5K
03-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Jordan had tendenitis but only because he rushed back after having not played for years, he had some minor surgery done and played fine his second season back (he played all 82 games at forty years old)

exstatic
03-10-2005, 09:56 PM
You're confusing me with Vince Carter, Sequ. BTW, have you stopped beating your wife yet? ;)
:fro

RobinsontoDuncan
03-10-2005, 10:01 PM
It is just the inflammation of a tendon. Look it up.

Arthritits is just the inflammation of the joints, look it up, does that mean it isnt that big a deal because it can be summed up in two words.

Sequ if we ever meet i would love to introduce your tiny head to my fist, but that's another day's work. (oh you were talking to ex, well never mind then, he critized me for being pissed Rose got traded)

The big plus to Tony has been his youth, if he has tendenitis at his age, three or four years from now his career could begin to actually go down hill.

Rummpd
03-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Tendonitis is like any other body injury and is actually fairly common in young athletes, and properly treated (time, "relative" rest, meds/other modalities as indicated) should most likely heal at his age and most likely is not symptomatic of a degenerative situation - unless something else comes out on this.

Based on what I have seen of our three points (Beno and Wilks) - Parker going down to 25-30 minutes probably not a bad trade off until playoffs.

Maybe this is why Pop brought up Wilks?

NCaliSpurs
03-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Tendinitis is no joke.

Seriously, it can be chronically painful and something no one wants in their life.

SequSpur
03-11-2005, 12:44 AM
How bout you go play hide and go screw yourself?

Zarzamora and Military Drive, HEB parking lot. Bring it.

T Park
03-11-2005, 12:52 AM
you wont even leave your house you little chicken shit.

Doesn't pretty much EVER nba player have it?!?!?

I mean come on.

SequSpur
03-11-2005, 12:57 AM
you wont even leave your house you little chicken shit.

Doesn't pretty much EVER nba player have it?!?!?

I mean come on.

Why don't you come along? Bring your ticket booth for the event.

Cracka ass.

ata
03-11-2005, 01:35 AM
You're confusing me with Vince Carter, Sequ. BTW, have you stopped beating your wife yet? ;)
:fro

????
Last time I've heard, she was beating him.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-11-2005, 05:36 PM
How bout you go play hide and go screw yourself?

Zarzamora and Military Drive, HEB parking lot. Bring it.

:lol

That's funny.

Seeing pics of both I'd have to make EX a 20-1 favorite in this one.

exstatic
03-11-2005, 05:44 PM
EHJ, I think he was yakkin' at TPark.

Sequ's bark is definitley the high end of his weapons cache.

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I was just going for the one-liner.

Lots of people have it. I have it in my knee. It can be chronic, but it can also be alleviated by good physical therapy. Things that can cause it include inadequate stretching, unbalanced muscle development, or unequal limb lengths.

In a 22-year old, it's probably unlikely to be a big problem now, but it might be in 10 years.

Oh know might be a problem in 10yrs.where are all the PARKER haters,.trade him,should have signed JKidd,or VCarter,signed big contract and now has tendenitis.where are all the PARKER HATERS. :elephant :elephant :elephant :smokin :drunk

bigzak25
03-11-2005, 06:05 PM
as long as he's ready for the playoffs....that's where he'll prove his worth.

more minutes for barry at pg please. times almost up. lets see if he's gonna work or if he needs to be our ball boy.

Man In Black
03-11-2005, 06:11 PM
tendinitis is only problematic if left untreated, like Sequ's chronic foot-in-mouth disease or Duck's penchant for making shit up.

It just means that whatever structure is used to help alleviate pressure...does not alleviate pressure like it's supposed...so it hurts but with ice and anti-inflamms, plus regimented stretches. He should be fine.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-11-2005, 06:17 PM
EHJ, I think he was yakkin' at TPark.

Sequ's bark is definitley the high end of his weapons cache.

Oh he was? My bad, EX.

I'd have to withhold my odds on a TPark-Sequspur battle until I knew the dimensions of the ring. Sequ could probably stick and move and win strictly based on scoring punches, but I'd suspect that if T gets ahold of Sequ we'd be looking at a Sequ-pancake.

Too close to call.

RobinsontoDuncan
03-11-2005, 06:36 PM
No he was talking to me because he probably looked at my profile and saw i live in virginia

T Park
03-11-2005, 06:56 PM
if T gets ahold of Sequ we'd be looking at a Sequ-pancake.

you damn right

SequSpur
03-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Blow me.

Kori Ellis
03-12-2005, 01:07 AM
To address the original topic, Parker having tendonitis was only in that poorly translated French interview, right?

I wouldn't put much stock in it.

boutons
03-12-2005, 01:15 AM
"I wouldn't put much stock in it."

Why would the article lie about Tony saying he has tendonitis?

tendonitis is not neceesarily fatal or career destroying. it comes and goes.

Tim had tendonitis last season where his knee quit working, but he came back fairly quickly.

We see playing icing their knees freuently, that's tendonitis.

no need to freak out about tendonitis.

Kori Ellis
03-12-2005, 01:17 AM
I'm not freaking out about it. I'm saying that the translation could be poor and out of context. Just like "crutches" wasn't right. Tony could have merely be saying that his knees are bother him and it feels like tendonitis.

I know what tendonitis is. And I see which players ice a lot after games. I've never seen Tony icing.

Frenchise player
03-12-2005, 01:39 AM
Kori, I don't think that there is any other translation of "tendinites" in french than "tendonitis", and Parker says in this interview that he has tedonites.

Je ne suis pas très bien physiquement. J’ai des tendinites aux genoux et j’ai pris des béquilles sur les derniers matchs

He doesn't say something like: "Je sens comme si j'avais des tendinites".
Maybee, Parker said this not knowing exactly what he has, but if you stick to the text, he exactly says that he has tendonites.