PDA

View Full Version : obamacould not assure Americans the economy would start growing again later this year

ducks
03-07-2009, 11:54 PM
"My administration is committed to doing all that's necessary to address this crisis and lead us to a better day."

But in an interview with The New York Times published on its website, he said he could not assure Americans the economy would start growing again later this year.

"I don't know that anyone has that kind of crystal ball," Obama was quoted as saying aboard Air Force One on Friday.

The president said in the interview that he expected his administration to "get all the pillars in place for recovery this year" and he urged Americans to keep spending and not "stuff money in their mattress."

"How long it will take before recovery actually translates into stronger job markets and so forth is going to depend on a whole range of factors," Obama said.

Obama's comments were not as positive as the projections underlying the federal budget he recently presented that suggested the economy would start bouncing back in the second half of 2009.

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSN0739620920090307

angrydude
03-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Obama's comments were not as positive as the projections underlying the federal budget he recently presented that suggested the economy would start bouncing back in the second half of 2009.

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSN0739620920090307

lol:lmao

boutons_
03-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Is there some point here?

boutons_
03-08-2009, 09:47 AM
30 years of totally failed conservative principles (tax cuts, deregulation, and drowning govt in a bathtub) can't be corrected in 12 months.

Expecting the Messianic, Miracle-working Magic Negro to fix everything in 1 year is telegraphing the right wing dumbfucks' project, well under way, of trashing MMMN for not working miracles.

Conservatives: all dishonesty and ill will, all the time.

Man of Steel
03-08-2009, 10:10 AM
The man has been in office less than two months.

Sheesh!!!

George Gervin's Afro
03-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Is there some point here?

So I guess his critics want him to lie. With Bushco bending the truth so much during their 8 yrs their nut huggers like to be misled and told how wonderful things are..:rolleyes

ducks
03-08-2009, 10:54 AM
if he is not sure of what he is doing
I thought he knew it all

Creepn
03-08-2009, 10:57 AM
if he is not sure of what he is doing
I thought he knew it all

He never claimed that he did.

boutons_
03-08-2009, 11:12 AM
"I thought he knew it all"

as usual, you think wrong

Yonivore
03-08-2009, 01:47 PM
The man has been in office less than two months.

Sheesh!!!
And look how much he's already fucked up. Sheesh!!!

I hear Geitner is a one-man show, up all night and frayed. That will instill confidence in the Captain at the helm of the Government Economic engine.

Britain says the White House allowed that Obama was a bit overwhelmed, dealing with the crisis and all, to pay closer attention to the protocols associated with receiving a visiting head of state. Overwhelmed? Oh ywah, they said they were worried about whether or not he was getting enough rest.

Hope and change, people; hope and fucking change.

angrydude
03-08-2009, 02:26 PM
30 years of totally failed conservative principles (tax cuts, deregulation, and drowning govt in a bathtub) can't be corrected in 12 months.

Conservatives: all dishonesty and ill will, all the time.

Bill Clinton, 90's, anyone?

If you're going to be partisan about it then you have to renounce the 'good' economy of Clinton as well.

ChumpDumper
03-08-2009, 04:34 PM
:lol If people could accurately predict the economy, we wouldn't be in a deep recession right now.

Ignignokt
03-08-2009, 06:14 PM
he made a bunch of vague campaign promises with no time frames, it's hard to hold him accountable especially in only two months, but you could hold alot of his voters as dupes who basically believed he would make water into wine, and even some of the media who grossly threw their credibility away by making him into some messianic figure and cure all, (obama did have some to do with that too, he's not clean).

Obama not assuring a secure economy is not news, he did claim that a month towards election tuesday. He did start to waterdown his expectations pre election night, so it's not like it's a revelation to him.

It's just that no one was paying attention at the time, because the atmosphere was so heated and so invested in the Palin tabloid news.

So yeah, he's not a terrible president yet, and he can become a great one still, but he definately is not the only awnser, and he's more superficial change so far than real change and definately more of cheap change than hope.

Wild Cobra
03-08-2009, 06:15 PM
:lol If people could accurately predict the economy, we wouldn't be in a deep recession right now.
It was predicted. Democrat control in both houses and the executive branch... Predicted disaster...

ChumpDumper
03-08-2009, 07:07 PM
It was predicted. Democrat control in both houses and the executive branch... Predicted disaster...:lol

Keep hoping it gets worse, WC.

Who said these guys didn't believe in hope?

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2009, 11:02 PM
he should be upfront about it and say what he wants to say

look at aus pm...he just said the economy is in the shits on australian tv....youtube krudd swearing on tv.