PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker today

Creation88
03-08-2009, 04:57 PM
absolutely ridiculous today. i love that "dagger in their heart" mentality. the kid is sick handling the ball.

26 years old. :downspin:

bdictjames
03-08-2009, 04:58 PM
26 years young.

Im tired of hearing the Spurs being old.

sa_butta
03-08-2009, 05:04 PM
What is colder than ice??

completely deck
03-08-2009, 05:05 PM
He did an incredible job today, as did the rest of the team, don't forget them! :toast

mookie2001
03-08-2009, 05:07 PM
hes clearly a much better player than manu

BlackSwordsMan
manu would have done the same today. He decided to let the rookie take over

lefty
I don't know if TP misread his agenda on his Iphone today, but there was no practice scheduled today

Spurs1234
03-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Tony Parker truely is a great player now....to me, ever since the beginning of the 2005-2006 season, he has been a top 5-7 point guard. In the 2007 playoffs, he rose to top 3 easily. I still think he is the best pg, but not the best pure pg. the media favors the true pg, so parker once again doesnt get the credit.

jag
03-08-2009, 05:10 PM

uh oh

Mugen
03-08-2009, 05:12 PM
http://streetknowledge.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/dave-chapelle-as-rick-james.jpghe's cold bloooooooooded

porscha
03-08-2009, 05:13 PM
this could be a nice thread...but u have to do this:jack

Austin_Toros
03-08-2009, 05:15 PM

Let's not start this argument...

anonoftheinternets
03-08-2009, 05:16 PM

trolling on ur own team, what a chump.

ducks
03-09-2009, 12:25 AM

no shit

raspsa
03-09-2009, 04:32 AM
We've seen Parker dominate before. The challenge for him now is to prove he can perform consistently at this level. Sometime his great performances seem to take a little too much out of him and he can have major letdowns the next time around. Its been mentioned that perhaps he's finally healthy so maybe we'll see more consistency from Le blur.

Pauleta14
03-09-2009, 06:08 AM
:nope:lol

He is a DIFFERENT kind of player !!!
Let just not (re)start comparing them, they play in the same team, complement each other...

This would b a useless thread!!!:jack

kace
03-09-2009, 06:12 AM
We've seen Parker dominate before. The challenge for him now is to prove he can perform consistently at this level. Sometime his great performances seem to take a little too much out of him and he can have major letdowns the next time around. Its been mentioned that perhaps he's finally healthy so maybe we'll see more consistency from Le blur.

that's what averages are made for. and his ppg, apg and FG % are pretty good, that shows consistency. the only area where he's been not consistent is his defense. and as usual, we know it will be there when most needed, in big games and in PO.

i'm not saying that he can average 30 and 10 at 60 % every game, but if he could, he would be the best player of the NBA modern era.

but 21 and 6.6 at 50 % is rather consistent IMO.

romain.star
03-09-2009, 06:44 AM
that's what averages are made for. and his ppg, apg and FG % are pretty good, that shows consistency. the only area where he's been not consistent is his defense. and as usual, we know it will be there when most needed, in big games and in PO.

i'm not saying that he can average 30 and 10 at 60 % every game, but if he could, he would be the best player of the NBA modern era.

but 21 and 6.6 at 50 % is rather consistent IMO.

It depends.... what you expect out of him

As an allstar, he is showing some consistency but as an MVP contender, he is not.

stéphane
03-09-2009, 08:11 AM
I think a lot of team would take a PG who gives them 15 and 5 on 45% shooting on bad nights.

Agloco
03-09-2009, 08:13 AM
What is colder than ice??

Tony's jumper at times.....

He just too damn inconsistent. For every three to four good games, he comes out and gives you a steaming pile of shit on the next. Give us some more consistency Tony. :toast

kace
03-09-2009, 01:37 PM
It depends.... what you expect out of him

As an allstar, he is showing some consistency but as an MVP contender, he is not.

yes, and as a MJ heir, he's a little light too, that's for sure

Tony's jumper at times.....

He just too damn inconsistent. For every three to four good games, he comes out and gives you a steaming pile of shit on the next. Give us some more consistency Tony. :toast

being at his best level 75 % of the games, knowing that the other 25 % aren't so bad, is what i call consistency.

Fingaroll44
03-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't know if TP misread his agenda on his Iphone today, but there was no practice scheduled today

LOL as Sean Elliott would say....TP was going around defenders like pylons out there.

tonylongoriafan
03-09-2009, 02:12 PM
seriously...tp9 has grown so much as a player over the last 4 years...dude was making plays in the 4th quarter without manu or timmy...bigger than his jumper (which he couldn't even hit 2 years ago) is his decision making, especially on the pick and roll. dude is the future of what we're doing

IronMexican
03-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Tony>Manu

honestfool84
03-09-2009, 02:19 PM
no shit

i love your (obvious) hatred for manu.

tony wouldn't be as good as he is without manu.

WalterBenitez
03-09-2009, 02:26 PM
absolutely ridiculous today. i love that "dagger in their heart" mentality. the kid is sick handling the ball.

26 years old. :downspin:

wait and see, "the kid" will only improve when he were 29/30. Spurs only need to replace Manu and TD, okey it will be hard (probably impossible), but about giving TP a two All Star caliber boy to play next to him when TD and Manu retire??

kace
03-09-2009, 02:45 PM
i love your (obvious) hatred for manu.

tony wouldn't be as good as he is without manu.

tony would be as good as he is without manu. the spurs wouldn't.

oh and, tony would be as good as he is without TD and manu would be as good as he is without TD and TP.

we can even argue that manu and tony would be better on another team where they could be the main man. but they would surely be some rings less.

roycrikside
03-09-2009, 05:27 PM
no shit

Healthier does not = better. The team is like 12-10 without Manu this year. Barely above .500. They're 29-9 with him. That's like .750.

Last year the Spurs missed Tony the whole RRT and did pretty well without him. And they didn't even Hill or Mason or Bonner playing a lot. Pretty much just Manu and Tim.

I think Tim is a top five player and the other two are top twenty players. This is why the Spurs will always seriously contend as long as all three are healthy. Without all of them at 100% though, they don't have much of a chance.

lefty
03-09-2009, 05:29 PM
The title of this thread is irrelevant

TDMVPDPOY
03-09-2009, 05:41 PM
i must admit it wasnt parker.....

steve fuckn nash go cash in your b2b mvps fool

Spursmania
03-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Just giving Props to Tony. Refuse to engage in the Tony v. Manu show. We need them both to win a championship. The goal is not individual glory. You sound like La when you start trying to tear down one player versus the other or glorify one at the expense of the other.

Get well Manu. Our team needs you and TP and TD healthy.:toast:flag:

Whisky Dog
03-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Chris Paul is by far the best PG in basketball and may be the best ever to play by the time he is done. He just makes his team so much better.

TP I think has risen to top 3, maybe the 2nd spot, especially when he's putting some effort on defense.

concken
03-09-2009, 05:55 PM
he can single handedly carry our team

ducks
03-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Healthier does not = better. The team is like 12-10 without Manu this year. Barely above .500. They're 29-9 with him. That's like .750.

Last year the Spurs missed Tony the whole RRT and did pretty well without him. And they didn't even Hill or Mason or Bonner playing a lot. Pretty much just Manu and Tim.

I think Tim is a top five player and the other two are top twenty players. This is why the Spurs will always seriously contend as long as all three are healthy. Without all of them at 100% though, they don't have much of a chance.
tony is better this year then last year

Ice009
03-09-2009, 09:54 PM

Does anyone remember how awesome Manu was last season before his injuries towards the playoffs? Manu finished in the top 10 in MVP voting. He carried us when Tony was out.

Both Manu and Tony are awesome and both are inconsistent. Tony Parker can be so good and that's why I get on him when he has a subpar defensive game or shooting game.

roycrikside
03-10-2009, 01:33 PM
tony is better this year then last year

I just don't understand why you always have to trash Manu. I don't understand where the hate comes from and you've never explained it. Can't you just appreciate both guys?

CoM people might tease Tony now and then and call him selfish or an attention-hog, but nobody ever says "Oh we don't need Tony to be good."

Parker himself states over and over again how important Manu is the team, yet you continue to bash the guy, you say he should be traded, that he's not worth the money he's making (when almost everyone agrees he's vastly underpaid), etc.

Why the hate?

NBAdime
03-10-2009, 03:03 PM

I respectfully disagree. Manu is just the most entertainer player in the league, and is better than TP.

ducks
03-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I respectfully disagree. Manu is just the most entertainer player in the league, and is better than TP.

if a person is a better enterainer does that make them a better nba basketball player
no

manu dunks more
he better he is taller

ofcourse I think he manu is overpaid
look at the nba players that get paid what he gets and see how many minutes they play

roycrikside
03-11-2009, 01:01 AM
if a person is a better enterainer does that make them a better nba basketball player
no

manu dunks more
he better he is taller

ofcourse I think he manu is overpaid
look at the nba players that get paid what he gets and see how many minutes they play

Who cares how many minutes he plays or they play? He outproduces and does more things that contribute to wins than 99% of the NBA. Who makes what Manu makes that's actually a better player than him? Seriously, give me a name.

timmehMVP
03-11-2009, 06:58 AM
it's TONY:lol