PDA

View Full Version : Hairston deserves more minutes....

Amuseddaysleeper
03-08-2009, 07:02 PM
...I would much rather him play over Udoka any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Granted, Udoka had a nice game today, but I really believe Hairston can have a bigger impact for the Spurs come playoff time than George Hill. While I don't think either player will be getting big minutes come April/May, I do think Hairston's defense and athleticism will continue to be a nice boost for this team.

I'm a little dissapointed that he didn't get any minutes in today's game.

yavozerb
03-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Enough already!! Hairston will get more minutes, next year...Udoka pisses me off probably just as much but the guy knows the system very well and gives the spurs a much better chance to win this year..

Amuseddaysleeper
03-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Enough already!! Hairston will get more minutes, next year...Udoka pisses me off probably just as much but the guy knows the system very well and gives the spurs a much better chance to win this year..

No way.

Udoka has played well the past few games but he's definitely on the wrong side of 30.

While Hairston may not know the system as well as Udoka he brings so many more intangibles than Ime. I hope Udoka can keep up the inspired play, and while I don't expect Hairston to get major minutes anyway, I do think he deserves far more playing time than he's getting now.

Pistons < Spurs
03-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Not having seen many Spur games this season, I was really hoping to see a little of him in today's game. So much for that!!! I think the kid's going to turn out to being a damn good draft pick.

ChumpDumper
03-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Hairston is going to be great for the playoff run.

for the Toros.

Texas_Ranger
03-08-2009, 07:23 PM
But its Udoka time!!

Galileo
03-08-2009, 07:24 PM
...I would much rather him play over Udoka any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Granted, Udoka had a nice game today, but I really believe Hairston can have a bigger impact for the Spurs come playoff time than George Hill. While I don't think either player will be getting big minutes come April/May, I do think Hairston's defense and athleticism will continue to be a nice boost for this team.

I'm a little dissapointed that he didn't get any minutes in today's game.

Udoka is waiting to elevate his game in the playoffs.

EVAY
03-08-2009, 07:26 PM
no, he really doesn't.

loveforthegame
03-08-2009, 07:35 PM
I think Hairston deservers some more minutes but I know Pop will give Udoka the nod down the stretch and into the playoffs. He'll trust his experience over the rookie.

AFBlue
03-08-2009, 07:40 PM
It's really a moot point because when the rotation shortens for the playoffs neither will get off the bench.

03-08-2009, 07:42 PM
when ginobili comes back, there will be no minutes for either udoka or hairston in the playoffs. mason, bowen, and finley will fill in the wings. if there is a need, udoka will be the one to come off the bench before hairston. right now, popovich is trying very hard to get udoka back into rhythm just in case.

EricB
03-08-2009, 07:43 PM
If Hairston is playing in the playoffs, that means the Spurs are screwed....

ILoveOranges
03-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Hairston is a rookie, and rookies rarely play many minutes during the playoffs. Teams do not want mistakes, so they go with veterans. Therefore, Hairston will not play very many minutes during the playoffs, save for garbage time. That said, during the few minutes he got, he looked like a great pick. On a side note, I thought Udoka did pretty well tonight. Then again, he was playing the Suns.

exstatic
03-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Hairston has been blowing defensive assignments, a fatal flaw against a team like PHO.

CubanSucks
03-08-2009, 07:55 PM
What the fuck are you people baseing this shit on?!?! The guy hasn't done a fucking thing. It was only like last year when everyone on here thought Udoka was gonna be the next best thing for the Spurs. Remember? There were even retarded threads talking about him like this one is for Hairston. Let me make a prediction, everyone on here jizzing in their pants over Hairston, a player they have hardly a clue about, will once get their hopes up just like they obviously have for Udoka already.

Whisky Dog
03-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Hairston has done a great job considering where he came from and he's a rookie. Best not to push him too far, he needs to watch and learn down the strtch and into the playoffs. I doubt even Hill gets many minutes except for some spot defensive 1 on 1 assignents against PGs like today. He did great at first but struggled in a few possessions.

Trimble87
03-08-2009, 08:18 PM
where does all this hate for Udoka come from? He isnt a great player, but he works hard can knock down the open shot plays good defense and knows our system. He isnt a game changer, but no one expected him to be. IMO for what his role is he has done exactly what we picked him up to do...

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2009, 08:21 PM
you lack hatred man, if you wanna hate on udoka

cause he will go africa on you round 2.

weebo
03-08-2009, 08:22 PM
No way.

Udoka has played well the past few games but he's definitely on the wrong side of 30.

While Hairston may not know the system as well as Udoka he brings so many more intangibles than Ime. I hope Udoka can keep up the inspired play, and while I don't expect Hairston to get major minutes anyway, I do think he deserves far more playing time than he's getting now.

Hairston still blows too many defensive assignments. He does bring good energy while he' s on the court. He is the one player that will benefit most playing with Manu on the second team.

He won't see much time in the PO but only to spell a guy who's in foul trouble.

TwelveGs210
03-08-2009, 08:25 PM
where does all this hate for Udoka come from? He isnt a great player, but he works hard can knock down the open shot plays good defense and knows our system. He isnt a game changer, but no one expected him to be. IMO for what his role is he has done exactly what we picked him up to do...

"but he works hard can knock down the open shot "

- yeah you must have only paid attention to the last few games..

"plays good defense"

- at one time last year, he was actually trustworthy on Kobe for some minutes to spell bowen, this year he seems like he lost his drive for defense

"IMO for what his role is he has done exactly what we picked him up to do"

- yeah, if his role was to sit on the bench with zoned-out stares, then yeah, he's a GREAT piece to this championship run.

Brazil
03-08-2009, 09:38 PM
No not really

coyotes_geek
03-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Hairston's a nice prospect, but come on. He's not part of this year's playoff picture.

The Truth #6
03-08-2009, 09:49 PM
I can see how people want Hairston to get more minutes. Pop is showing his hand now with his current rotations. Hairston most likely won't be a part of it much. Even if Udoka falls back into a slump I bet Pop will still stick with him. For the moment Ime is hitting his shots, so let's just be happy with that.

Obstructed_View
03-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Hairston's not a good enough three point shooter to get away with missing a defensive rotation ever. I wouldn't have a problem with Udoka getting all his minutes if he were bringing up the ball and running the point instead of Mason, who's just awful.

ducks
03-08-2009, 11:07 PM
no rookies in playoffs usually for spurs

bringbackmario
03-08-2009, 11:13 PM
When Manu gets back, I would like to see a lineup of Tim Manu Tony Hill and Bonner. Hill is a rook but he is a great lock down defender and he is only getting better. Thats going to leave little time for Malik, you know pop will give the minutes to fin and ime over a rookie

CubanSucks
03-08-2009, 11:38 PM
everyone in here's a fuckin amateur coach

bigdog
03-08-2009, 11:41 PM
I wouldn't doubt if Malik gets sent down to the Toros for the postseason. At this point, no matter how shitty Ime can be at times, he would still contribute more to this team than Hairston.

As for Hill, I think his defense is what will earn him minutes in the playoffs. He looked pretty good defending Nash today late in the game.

Spurs9
03-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Hariston Jabber right? :lmao:lmao

Austin_Toros
03-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Come playoff time Udoka will probably come before Hairston. Especially when you consider the way Udoka has been playing lately.

AussieFanKurt
03-09-2009, 01:48 AM
I think Hill is a better clutch player by far than Hairston
which doesnt mean Hairston doesnt deserve minutes
but come playoff time i'd say that Hill will get many more minutes
dont get me wrong i love to watch the rookies play so watching hairston is great.

Spur|n|Austin
03-09-2009, 01:50 AM
Hairston will most likely not see a minute come playoff time.

AussieFanKurt
03-09-2009, 01:52 AM
Hairston will most likely not see a minute come playoff time.

i think he'll get some time, just not a lot
if Pop wants to develope him, he needs practice in the big games