PDA

View Full Version : Duncan on the Bench

raspsa
03-09-2009, 08:43 AM
I must say I enjoyed that particular stretch un the 4thQ with Duncan sitting on the bench. I was convinced that Pop was going to resist the temptation to put him in since the guys were doing OK without him. I really don't foresee this recurring again any time soon though.

As to Pop's reason for benching Timmy, my guess was it showed the guys on the court that he trusted them to get the job done.

Agloco
03-09-2009, 08:47 AM
I must say I enjoyed that particular stretch un the 4thQ with Duncan sitting on the bench. I was convinced that Pop was going to resist the temptation to put him in since the guys were doing OK without him. I really don't foresee this recurring again any time soon though.

As to Pop's reason for benching Timmy, my guess was it showed the guys on the court that he trusted them to get the job done.

I'm just hoping it wasn't something like "My knee feels funny coach....."

Thomas82
03-09-2009, 08:47 AM

Yeah, that and the opportunity to give Tim a little rest.

raspsa
03-09-2009, 09:01 AM
What struck me was Timmy actually seemed to be enjoying his stay on the bench and didn't appear to be asking Pop to put him back in.. speaks volumes about the trust between those two.

ALAMO-DEFENSE
03-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Agloco,,,,your pictures drive me crazy. Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, she is the sexiest girl ive ever seen,,,,,,,,,my GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHhh,,,,i need to run to the bathroom,,you know,,,,,

NFGIII
03-09-2009, 09:44 AM
That was good to see the Spurs getting it done without TD on the court. Of course the Suns had gone small so Pop was just countering that move. That must have been an agonizing situation to be in wondering when to put TD back in. If the Suns cut the lead too much or take the lead then the mo changes for good and TD might not be able to reverse it.

SenorSpur
03-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Anybody notice that Shaq was trying to get back into the game late. When Duncan was finally put in late in the 4th, Gentry responded by trying to get Shaq back in with less than 2 minutes left. However, by the time there was a break in the action, it was less than 50 secs left and he had to drag his fat ass back to the Suns bench.

Spursfan092120
03-09-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm just hoping it wasn't something like "My knee feels funny coach....."
Nah...the guy is not 100% and Pop is sitting him any time he gets a chance. They want to be healthy for the playoffs.

Duncan74
03-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Last nights win was awsome!!

nkdlunch
03-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Nah...the guy is not 100% and Pop is sitting him any time he gets a chance. They want to be healthy for the playoffs.

As far as I know Tim's injury will only fully heal over the summer. So Pop's decision to sit Duncan was purely based on how the game was going and the Suns going ultra small

HarlemHeat37
03-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Well the fact that Duncan looked happy and cheerful on the bench indicates that it wasn't injury-related..well at least that's how it seemed to me..

TDMVPDPOY
03-09-2009, 10:48 AM
with gooden in the team

duncan better expect his minutes decreased to 24 minutes....

xtremesteven33
03-09-2009, 11:10 AM
with gooden in the team

That would be sweet. :tu

tim_duncan94
03-09-2009, 12:02 PM
with gooden in the team

Do you actually think that pop is going to only give Duncan 24 minutes?

Timmy averages 34.5 minutes per game so gooden might take about 5

minutes off Duncan's shoulders but from as long as i been a Tim Duncan

fan and spurs fan dont expect gooden to take 10 minutes away from

Duncan. Gooden will get most of his minutes from thomis and bonner.

:flag::lobt2:

crc21209
03-09-2009, 12:04 PM
In crunch time with no Timmy and still get a W? I loved it! Of course when they trimmed the 10 pt lead to 5 of course I wanted Tim back in there, but he sat a good while in the 4th and the whole team stepped up, most notably Parker and Hill.

Spursmania
03-09-2009, 12:17 PM
As far as I know Tim's injury will only fully heal over the summer. So Pop's decision to sit Duncan was purely based on how the game was going and the Suns going ultra small

True. The tendonosis Timmy has can only heal with rest-months rest, not just spurts here and there. So, Tim will be playing with this injury, and we can just hope he never wakes up one morning during the play-offs and finds the muscle too weak there to jump or respond much like he did that morning during shoot around when he told Pop he couldn't go.

temujin
03-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Duncan had a great first half.
Later, Duncan was benched because he did't play very well in the third and Thomas was doing a much better job.

I also think that if Gooden fullfills the expectations, Duncan's playtime will be lower than 30 mpg until the playoffs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-09-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm tired of the Suns getting completely mind fucked by Popovich every time they play.

Losing while Duncan barely played in the 4th leaving Gentry completely confused as to when to put Shaq back in, is getting mind-fucked to the greatest degree.