PDA

View Full Version : Portraits

carina_gino20
03-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Hi all,

Some of you might remember me as the poster who made some ambigrams and a few Spurs sketches. Probably only a few know that I draw other subjects as well.

I wanted to share this compilation video I made of some of my other sketches. It features some of the past and current members of this group of boy trebles called Libera, from South London.

Anyway, I am posting it here (as suggested by a good friend) in good faith that you will all be considerate in your comments, seeing as the subjects of these portraits are young children. Genuine criticisms of my artwork and style I can take, but please refrain from saying negative or inappropriate comments about the boys. I know I don't have moderator rights, so I am just asking for everyone's cooperation. :) I hope you all understand.

Here it is. I hope you enjoy it. :toast

Rt-PLFxSw3A

tlongII
03-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Carina,

That is absolutely TERRIFIC! I don't know much about art, but I know what I like and I like that. The music with the slideshow made me feel like I almost knew each of these boys. You are very talented.

tlongII
03-09-2009, 11:22 AM
It made me think of my own youth as well. My parents had some portraits of me and my siblings done at about that age and it brought back memories.

carina_gino20
03-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks, tlongII.

This made me smile:

The music with the slideshow made me feel like I almost knew each of these boys.

They're a wonderful bunch of kids. I believe they'll be having some concerts in the West Coast around April this year.

BruceBowenFan
03-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Nice drawings:tu

2Blonde
03-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Very Nice.

CubanMustGo
03-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Quality portraits.
Quality vocal work.

A great combination - thanks for lightening Monday. :tu

tp2021
03-09-2009, 05:07 PM
I think some of these are on par with, or might be even better than, your Tony sketch, which, idk if you remember, I think happens to be absolutely fucking spot-on.

:tu

Frenzy
03-09-2009, 06:50 PM
question....why so many boys?... and young boys at that.

sonic21
03-09-2009, 06:53 PM
very nice :tu

Pistons < Spurs
03-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Awesome work Carina! You are tremendously talented. I especially appreciate your shading abilities.

Ozzy
03-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Hey Carina, love your work. Always liked your Manu sketches :)

Don't know how much time you have on your hands or if creating portraits for a computer game would interest you... but we are quite short on portrait artists on the project I am working on. Although, luckily, we did have some additions recently.

Well, to explain a little. I am an programmer/world builder in a team working on this: Ultima 6 project (http://www.u6project.com). Basically, it is a 'remake' of a very old game called Ultima 6: The false prophet released in 1990, which was one of the pillars of the RPG (role playing games) genre.

Sadly, as we are remaking an officially licensed game, we are doing it completely for free, so I cannot offer you any money for the work (we do encourage the people that like/will like our work to donate to charity if they feel they ought to make some money compensation). But if you think you would be willing to contribute to the project, you are very welcome. (I can't directly take you on the team as that is not my responsibility, but I will get you in contact with the right people).

carina_gino20
03-09-2009, 07:53 PM
question....why so many boys?... and young boys at that.

I'm a fan of this group because of their music. It's a boys' choir so naturally, they're composed of young kids.

I draw people from other age groups as well, but I enjoy drawing kids because there's something very special about them.

carina_gino20
03-09-2009, 07:57 PM
I think some of these are on par with, or might be even better than, your Tony sketch, which, idk if you remember, I think happens to be absolutely fucking spot-on.

:tu

I remember.:lol Thanks.

Slydragon
03-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Wicked!!!

Fernando TD21
03-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Nice drawings. When are we going to see more Spurs drawings?

duncan228
03-10-2009, 01:38 AM
They're beautiful carina. Thanks for sharing.

carina_gino20
03-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Nice drawings. When are we going to see more Spurs drawings?

Sorry, but probably not in the near future.

Taco
03-10-2009, 08:45 AM
cool

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Wow, that's pretty damn impressive. Very nice!

carina_gino20
03-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Thank you all for your comments. :) And yeah, I'm doing better on the shading...though sometimes, I still use heavy lines.

Ozzy, I'm not sure if I'm the person you want for the job. I mostly draw from pictures.

Ozzy
03-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the answer Carina.

Well, as far as I know, it is ok if you take a portait of a famous person for a basis and build on that (we can afford that being a non-commercial project.) So, if you ever feel that you would like to give it a try, just contact me.

And keep up the good work! :)