PDA

View Full Version : Teams that could knock off the lakers in the playoffs.

j-money24
03-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Portland Blazers
Charlotte Bobcats
Sacramento Kings

im being serious.

Spursfan092120
03-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Portland Blazers
Charlotte Bobcats
Sacramento Kings

im being serious.
That's scary...scary that you're serious...that you think THOSE are the teams that can beat them.

MarHill
03-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Portland Blazers
Charlotte Bobcats
Sacramento Kings

im being serious.

No you are not!

A seven game series is much different than the regular season. Teams don't play backs-to-backs and teams can focus on their opponents tendencies.

Also, Phil Jackson is one of the best coaches in the NBA and he would make adjustments as a series goes along.

There are only 2 WC teams that could knock off the Lakers in the playoffs: The Spurs and The Jazz. And the Celtics in the EC is the only other team that can do it.

j-money24
03-09-2009, 10:52 PM
If those teams play the lakers in the playoffs, which wont happen obviously except for portland which is possible that we might face them and get beat.
we have lost 5 game out of 6 against against the bobcats.
and the kings play like elites when they play the lakers
and the blazers, enough said, they are worst matchup for us

j-money24
03-09-2009, 10:55 PM
its not about having the best record which therefore your assuming the lakers wont have trouble if they face portland.
Lakers split the season with portland last year 2-2 and the 2 games that the lakers won, they were without brandon roy and another key player from the portland and they were also hard wins, as for the bobcats, they are also a bad matchup for us, they have bigs that can play gasol and they lots of young athletic players. and sacramento for some reason we get beat by them handly.

lefty
03-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Suns

Wait, you said playoffs?

Forget what I wrote

traitoravery
03-09-2009, 10:57 PM
I would say the rockets, Spurs, Portland.

Hemotivo
03-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Charlotte Bobcats

im being serious.

:sleep:wow:lmao:wakeup:downspin::lol:rollin:blah:r olleyes:lol

MarHill
03-09-2009, 11:09 PM
its not about having the best record which therefore your assuming the lakers wont have trouble if they face portland.
Lakers split the season with portland last year 2-2 and the 2 games that the lakers won, they were without brandon roy and another key player from the portland and they were also hard wins, as for the bobcats, they are also a bad matchup for us, they have bigs that can play gasol and they lots of young athletic players. and sacramento for some reason we get beat by them handly.

Again, you are making way too much a deal about regular season records.

I'm not going to mention the Bobcats or Kings....that's not even worth discussing.

Would Blazers give the Lakers a fight in a series....yes of course. But, the Blazers are not a good road team and they wouldn't win any games in L.A. And they are a very good home team...but the Lakers would only have to win one game in Portland and they can do that.

The series would 5 or 6 games...but that's it.

Again, I think they are three teams that can knock the Lakers off in a series: Spurs, Jazz, and Celtics.

Rogue
03-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Portland Blazers
Charlotte Bobcats
Sacramento Kings

im being serious.
suns of all these 3 teams can knock off the fakers.

DaDakota
03-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Any of the WC playoff teams and 3 of the EC ones.

The Lakers are beatable.

DD

sonic21
03-10-2009, 08:23 AM
i would say spurs, bobcats and maybe utah

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 08:28 AM
With Bynum playing the Lakers are unbeatable in the WC.

Without him though, they could lose to just about any playoff team (HOU, POR, UTA, SAS, NOH).

hater
03-10-2009, 08:43 AM
With Bynum playing the Lakers are unbeatable in the WC.

Without him though, they could lose to just about any playoff team (HOU, POR, UTA, SAS, NOH).

Bynum's playoff stats: 3ppg 4rpg :lol

ElNono
03-10-2009, 09:05 AM
On the West:
Spurs
Utah
Hornets

in that order...

A healthy Boston, if they find their groove, cannot be discounted either...

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 09:12 AM
The Spurs are the least threat to the Bynum-less Lakers because they aren't an athletic team.

The teams that worry me, if Bynum doesn't return, are the young athletic teams that can attack the paint relentlessly (POR, UTA, etc.).

DaDakota
03-10-2009, 09:16 AM
The Rockets match up well.

Kobe vs Artest

Kobe is a vastly superior offensive player but Artest is the same on defense a classic matchup.

Ariza vs Battier
Both great role players, that do whatever their team needs to help win the game.

Bynum vs Yao
The Young buck versus the established veteran, but Yao has a clear advantage here.

Gasol vs Scola
Gasol gets bothered by physical play, and Scola is a very physical and smart player - thanks again Spurs.

Fisher vs Brooks
Big shot Fish, versus speed demon Brooks - a contrast in styles.

The Rockets have a good shot at the upset.

DD

cheguevara
03-10-2009, 09:16 AM
any team could beat the Lakers even non-playoff teams like the Suns :lol

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Rockets are a great team and I think they will be a tough out no matter who they play. Especially if Yao is healthy.

DaDakota
03-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Rockets are a great team and I think they will be a tough out no matter who they play. Especially if Yao is healthy.

Not going to say great yet, but they are one of the few teams that is actually IMPROVING right now.

Their chemistry is getting better, they are playing faster, and their PGs are WAY better than Alston.....add in a healthy Yao and a motivated Artest and their defense is outstanding....

The key is sometimes their offense is mixed, still not there chemistry wise, but they have time to get it, and they are winning while they learn.

DD

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Having Artest and Battier on the floor is just a devastating defense punch.

It seems to me their problem right now is like you said offense. They can't always go through Yao and when he sits they seem to have trouble.

ElNono
03-10-2009, 09:27 AM
The Spurs are the least threat to the Bynum-less Lakers because they aren't an athletic team.

The teams that worry me, if Bynum doesn't return, are the young athletic teams that can attack the paint relentlessly (POR, UTA, etc.).

The Spurs are the only team in the entire NBA that does not have a losing record against the Lakers this season... enough said, really.

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 09:32 AM
The Spurs are the only team in the entire NBA that does not have a losing record against the Lakers this season... enough said, really.

They've only played two games and the 1st game was more of a fluke than anything else.

Lakers were playing a b2b and missing 3 rotation players and lost by 1pt.

When both teams were fully healthy and rested the Lakers demolished the Spurs so badly Pop didn't put his starters in the entire 4th quarter.

Next.

You love getting owned don't you?

nkdlunch
03-10-2009, 09:35 AM
so now you don't only need to be healthy, you also need to be rested to beat the Spurs? :lol what's next? you need home court? then? you need refs on your side?

let me remind you laker dumbfucks that SPurs were hurt and tired when they faced lakers in playoffs. They played a tough 7 game series and slept on the plane right before the laker series for christ sakes!

DaDakota
03-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Having Artest and Battier on the floor is just a devastating defense punch.

It seems to me their problem right now is like you said offense. They can't always go through Yao and when he sits they seem to have trouble.

Actually we are better on offense when he sits...the ball moves around and we have 5 scorers on the floor.....

It is defense that is lacking when Yao is out, he has really come into his own as a shot blocker of late.

You are right with Battier and Artest we do not give up much, this team is built for a nice playoff run.

How ironic that it happens with Tmac out....

DD

ElNono
03-10-2009, 09:39 AM
They've only played two games and the 1st game was more of a fluke than anything else. Lakers were playing a b2b and missing 3 rotation players and lost by 1pt.

Sure, when we beat you it was a fluke. :rolleyes
Lakers had their entire core, including Bynum and Ariza, and, if anything, it was early enough in the season where we were not playing defensively that well. We beat your team fair and square. Just be man enough to admit it.

When both teams were fully healthy and rested the Lakers demolished the Spurs so badly Pop didn't put his starters in the entire 4th quarter.

So you beat us in LA to make the season series 1-1. Your team was playing catchup...

Next.
You love getting owned don't you?

Owned by a bandwagon fan? Please. I expect a Boston fan to talk trash to me, not a second fiddle Laker fan. How's Kobe running the show working out for you? Did you have enough with the 2 NBA Finals choke? or was it the 1st round flameouts and the requests to be traded that really did it for you?
:lmao

iggypop123
03-10-2009, 09:41 AM
the blazers cant beat a playoff team on the road in the regular season. what makes you think they can do it in the playoffs

iggypop123
03-10-2009, 09:42 AM
so now you don't only need to be healthy, you also need to be rested to beat the Spurs? :lol what's next? you need home court? then? you need refs on your side?

let me remind you laker dumbfucks that SPurs were hurt and tired when they faced lakers in playoffs. They played a tough 7 game series and slept on the plane right before the laker series for christ sakes!

at leats manu was on the floor. enough of thsi bs that he was hurt. if he was injured dont play! otherwise if you are on the floor no excuses. it couldnt have been that serious if you can run