PDA

View Full Version : Flagrant Fouls

SequSpur
03-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Now, I am not for injuring other teams players, but I got to thinking back to last week when Jason Terry went apeshit on the spurs with a broken hand.

Pop would've made him sit out the rest of the season with that injury if he played for the spurs. Pop makes players sit out with dislocated finger nails.

So, it's time for the spurs to get fukin physical. I am so tired of Lebron, kobe and a bunch of nobodies run fukin layup drills on the spurs without walking away in bandaids.

I just saw the play between portland and the lakers... I hate to see that shit, but LA was gettin blown out and portland was runnin roughshod on their asses and it was time to make a statement...sorry for fernandez, but shit happens...

The Spurs better wake the fuck up, because I have a feeling this year's playoffs are going to get physical again.

And what the fuck is gooden doing sitting on the bench? Suit that dude up and put his ass out there... shit...

and back to timvp's point guard topic...dude, Hill played very well early in the season and he needs to grab his nuts and keep it up.

Pop should waive Vaughn right now. It would make a statement to Hill that he has the confidence in him. Vaughn blows, I mean come on....

Fuck, Vaughn could be waived and Pop could take an extra chick on the plane or something... what a wasted seat.

go spurs.

YoMamaIsCallin
03-09-2009, 11:43 PM
You need to find a different team to be a fan of.

Everything you suggest is not the way the Spurs do it. And that's not going to change, at least with this group in place. So you are going to be continued to be frustrated.

I am afraid you are exactly right that Ariza was trying to "make a statement". There is no place for that thuggery in basketball. I hope he gets suspended at least 5 games.

vander
03-09-2009, 11:45 PM
what happened to fernandez?

SequSpur
03-09-2009, 11:47 PM
ariza took his ass out...

so i guess you are okay with jason terry going jet on the spurs and making a mockery of them while winning the march nba championship...huh?

honestfool84
03-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Now, I am not for injuring other teams players, but I got to thinking back to last week when Jason Terry went apeshit on the spurs with a broken hand.

Pop would've made him sit out the rest of the season with that injury if he played for the spurs. Pop makes players sit out with dislocated finger nails.

dislocated finger nail?
:lol

dude, i've dislocated my shoulder about 12 times. trust me - it's PAINFUL.

And what the fuck is gooden doing sitting on the bench? Suit that dude up and put his ass out there... shit...

Pop plainly said he's waiting for gooden to get in a few practices. just have patience man.

and back to timvp's point guard topic...dude, Hill played very well early in the season and he needs to grab his nuts and keep it up.

Pop should waive Vaughn right now. It would make a statement to Hill that he has the confidence in him. Vaughn blows, I mean come on....

Fuck, Vaughn could be waived and Pop could take an extra chick on the plane or something... what a wasted seat.

im pretty sure vaughn is there as a player/coach. hill needs a veteran to talk with at times.

go spurs.

Pop has been around for a while, and even won it his way. maybe he knows a thing or two?
you act like you think he doesn't know wtf he is doing.

obviously he does.

http://www.nbaloud.com/images/manu-ginoibili-gregg-popovich-tim-duncan-and-tony-1.jpg

toki9
03-09-2009, 11:54 PM
what happened to fernandez?

Ariza fouled him across the head from behind as Fernandez was taking off on a breakaway dunk attempt. Fernandez landed hard on his side and was carried off (wearing a neck brace ) in a stretcher...

Yorae
03-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Oh fuck! How long would ariza's suspension would be? I mean, wow, that could be a broken neck or something.

SequSpur
03-10-2009, 12:03 AM
You need to find a different team to be a fan of.

Everything you suggest is not the way the Spurs do it. And that's not going to change, at least with this group in place. So you are going to be continued to be frustrated.

I am afraid you are exactly right that Ariza was trying to "make a statement". There is no place for that thuggery in basketball. I hope he gets suspended at least 5 games.

oh no, i won't be frustrated...

honestfool84
03-10-2009, 12:04 AM
did ariza even get ejected?

the espn article didn't even mention anything about ariza's punishment. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3966302)

Yorae
03-10-2009, 12:04 AM
espn sucking lakers' dicks again?

honestfool84
03-10-2009, 12:05 AM
espn sucking lakers' dicks again?

no.
licking their pussies again.

GSH
03-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Here is a link to a video of the Ariza foul.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=3770

It was a bullshit, frustration foul. Portland was ahead 83-55, and just generally kicking the Lakers' collective asses. There was .8 seconds left on the clock, and Ariza was dead behind Fernandez - he didn't have an angle, and he wasn't defending. And if you look at the video, you'll notice that the first contact from Ariza's arm was with Rudy's head.

Don't be distracted by anything the asshole biased commentators say. It wasn't "unfortunate". It was an incredibly cheap shot, and it was totally unnecessary. The Lakers weren't going to come back from 30 down in the 4th quarter. Ariza wasn't going to be able to stop Fernandez from scoring, without clubbing him while he was helpless in the air.

Ariza earned a couple of game suspension, but he won't get it. There was an altercation on the floor after the foul, and Lamar Scrotum came off the bench, which is supposed to be an automatic suspension. But he won't get one. Make whatever you want to of that.

vander
03-10-2009, 12:09 AM
vMlF1_BPXWg

found a vid

seems like teams committing hard fouls are usually losing

lefty
03-10-2009, 12:10 AM
That Itouch ad on ESPN.com is fucking annoying

Fuck Apple

lefty
03-10-2009, 12:12 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/de37847f-7173-4621-bef4-7b2c316a91e5.jpg

lefty
03-10-2009, 12:13 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/6681395a-1bd3-428f-a357-c04ea385d500.jpg

lefty
03-10-2009, 12:13 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/265249ec-b938-45fe-91bf-42ead8cee831.jpg

lefty
03-10-2009, 12:14 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/a2dd9a35-be19-4ec0-aaff-fb5818b587bc.jpg

honestfool84
03-10-2009, 12:14 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/6681395a-1bd3-428f-a357-c04ea385d500.jpg

why the heck was brandon roy on the court with the blazers up by so much?

GSH
03-10-2009, 12:15 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/de37847f-7173-4621-bef4-7b2c316a91e5.jpg

That's a great picture. It shows things the way they really happened. There was no play on the fucking ball. It was a play on Fernandez, and the ball just happened to be in the general vicinity. Think about where Rudy's head used to be, before Ariza clubbed it. Check out the look on his face.

Fucking commentators are saying that he was making a play on the ball, and it was an "unfortunate incident". Bullshit.

They are also doing damage control for Lamar Scrotum, talking about how they aren't sure if he came far enough off the bench to warrant a suspension. Collective corporate blowjob.

Yorae
03-10-2009, 12:15 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/a2dd9a35-be19-4ec0-aaff-fb5818b587bc.jpg

You didn't just do that lefty. You just have to pull the Batum card, don't you? :depressed

Yorae
03-10-2009, 12:17 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090310/capt.38a6a1661c98407a95d156c7f85bc6ac.lakers_trail _blazers_basketball_pda104.jpg

:td

So the OP means it's ok to see these things happen to players? :(

lefty
You didn't just do that lefty. You just have to pull the Batum card, don't you? :depressed

sorry :lol

MI21
I got to thinking back to last week when Jason Terry went apeshit on the spurs

It was Josh Howard that went off against the Spurs last week, not Jason Terry.

Austin_Toros
03-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Hmm.. could be the first time Sequ has actually made some sense.
I guess the closest thing we got to flagrants is Bowen's dirty D

50Bestspurever
03-10-2009, 12:20 AM
I hope the spurs do change there style, god knows what they have been doing for years isn't freaking working. :rolleyes

Mugen
03-10-2009, 12:22 AM
honestly, fernandez' fall was a lot worse than ariza's hit.

nba is such bullshit nowadays with these flagrants/suspensions.

i dont want to see anybody hurt but im with sequ with this one, wouldnt mind seeing drew gooden give a hard foul to kobe just to let him know that this aint colorado.

Yorae
03-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Karma's a bitch. Ariza and the Lakers would get fucked up for sure.

Duncanoypi
03-10-2009, 12:37 AM
ariza took his ass out...

so i guess you are okay with jason terry going jet on the spurs and making a mockery of them while winning the march nba championship...huh?

You have Jason Terry and NBA championship in one sentence??? thats 100% failure sir.:toast

lefty
03-10-2009, 12:41 AM

i dont want to see anybody hurt but im with sequ with this one, wouldnt mind seeing drew gooden give a hard foul to kobe just to let him know that this aint colorado.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/TurtleSpartan/motivator334242.jpg

GSH
03-10-2009, 12:56 AM

I'm sorry, but you may be a poster child for what's wrong with our world.

Did you ever see anyone fall off a ladder? People get seriously fucked up falling off of ladders, because they don't get a chance to control their fall. A horizontal fall from 6 feet has a fairly high probability of inflicting serious injuries, if the landing isn't managed. It's enough to kill you if you land on your head.

The shot to Rudy's head wasn't the worst part, because Ariza followed through, and held onto his arm so that he couldn't get his balance on the way down. A player up in the air like that is totally vulnerable. Hell, even the NFL had to put in rules to protect receivers in that situation, and they wear pads and helmets.

Ariza deserves a suspension. And I think any player doing something like that a second time should get a month off to think about it.

No, the Spurs shouldn't play that way. It's a fucking game.

PM5K
03-10-2009, 12:59 AM
it was time to make a statement

What's the statement you're making when you're down by 30?

I can kind of understand the idea of doing it during a close game, I totally understand that statement, and we do have guys and have always had guys that will do that, but what's the statement you're making when you're getting blown the fuck out?

The NBA should institute a rule that gives harsher punishment for flagrant fouls by a player on a team that's loosing by more than 25 points....

Mugen
03-10-2009, 01:06 AM
I'm sorry, but you may be a poster child for what's wrong with our world.

Did you ever see anyone fall off a ladder? People get seriously fucked up falling off of ladders, because they don't get a chance to control their fall. A horizontal fall from 6 feet has a fairly high probability of inflicting serious injuries, if the landing isn't managed. It's enough to kill you if you land on your head.

The shot to Rudy's head wasn't the worst part, because Ariza followed through, and held onto his arm so that he couldn't get his balance on the way down. A player up in the air like that is totally vulnerable. Hell, even the NFL had to put in rules to protect receivers in that situation, and they wear pads and helmets.

Ariza deserves a suspension. And I think any player doing something like that a second time should get a month off to think about it.

No, the Spurs shouldn't play that way. It's a fucking game.

exactly, rudy's fall was a lot worse than ariza's hit. ariza got his arm because he was going for the ball. when you are going that fast, it's pretty hard to retract your arm back when you are trying to swipe at the ball.

was it a hard foul? yes. you could say it was a flagrant 1 but a flagrant 2 and a suspension, thats freaking bs. That foul in the 80s is nothing more than 2 free throws.

the fact of the matter is that the nba is soft nowadays.

ILoveOranges
03-10-2009, 01:20 AM
jUENlW0s0Ow

God damn.

timvp
03-10-2009, 01:22 AM
I expect the NBA to react by allowing Ariza to play an 83rd game.

GSH
03-10-2009, 01:22 AM
was it a hard foul? yes. you could say it was a flagrant 1 but a flagrant 2 and a suspension, thats freaking bs. That foul in the 80s is nothing more than 2 free throws.

the fact of the matter is that the nba is soft nowadays.

That's right, shithead. The laws of physics have changed drastically since the 80's. This new gravity shit has really messed up basketball. And what's the deal with all the players' bones being so soft? If Rudy was a real man, he would have bounced right up from that.

I'd be willing to bet that you don't know shit about how basketball was played in the 80's because you were too busy getting your diapers changed. Fuck... I have to go to bed now. I'm sitting here thinking about how you would react to a nasty fall on a hardwood floor. Not healthy.

Mugen
03-10-2009, 01:25 AM
That's right, shithead. The laws of physics have changed drastically since the 80's. This new gravity shit has really messed up basketball. And what's the deal with all the players' bones being so soft? If Rudy was a real man, he would have bounced right up from that.

I'd be willing to bet that you don't know shit about how basketball was played in the 80's because you were too busy getting your diapers changed. Fuck... I have to go to bed now. I'm sitting here thinking about how you would react to a nasty fall on a hardwood floor. Not healthy.

haha wow man you are taking this thing so personally. rudy is going to be just fine and you are acting like ariza shot him midair.

stick to watching golf if you are going to cry after every player takes a bad fall. goodnight :toast

GSH
03-10-2009, 01:26 AM
jUENlW0s0Ow

God damn.

Check out the 1:46 mark of that video. That's Lamar Scrotum, off the bench and in the middle of the altercation involving players on the floor. It's an automatic suspension. But you watch them weasel their way out of it.

ILoveOranges
03-10-2009, 01:27 AM
If you watch the video at 5:23, it's clear there was a shot at the head. Fernandez just moved his head down before Ariza's arm came slashing over.

Obstructed_View
03-10-2009, 01:40 AM
If Amare didn't get away with leaving the bench for a playoff game that the NBA desperately wanted the Suns to win, then Odom's going to be suspended. Of course, I never in a million years would have thought Bowen would have been suspended, so I'm probably being too logical for the NBA.

And I'm always happy when the fans don't overreact. When Howard took out DA I completely lost my mind.

honestfool84
03-10-2009, 01:52 AM
jUENlW0s0Ow

God damn.

notice the difference in commentators from the ESPN and comcast versions.

gosh, i hate ESPN.

GSH
03-10-2009, 04:01 AM
There is also some history behind the cheap shot on Rudy tonight, and that should be considered in the league's decision. The Blazers own the Lakers in Portland, and the Lakers frustration just keeps escalating. If Fernandez isn't seriously injured, it's just luck. Maybe the league should finally consider sending a message?

A year ago, on the same spot on the floor - the Blazers were kicking the Lakers asses. Gasol and Lamar Scrotum tag team Brandon Roy under the rim. Scrotum got a Flagrant 2, but no suspension.

L8A8fOeh_DQ

One year before that, same deal - the Blazers had beaten the Lakers. Brandon Roy torched them to ice the game, and Lamar Scrotum goes into the Blazers huddle to start shit.

zPDFEQzF3N4

On the play before that one, Scrotum came over to talk shit to another Blazers player. Recognize him?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPDFEQzF3N4

TDMVPDPOY
03-10-2009, 05:27 AM
are the fakers trying to start a rivalry with the blazers? lmao

AussieFanKurt
03-10-2009, 05:35 AM
I'm sick of so many flagrants going un-called
In international basketball rules its called unsportsmanlike, not flagrant, where'd the NBA get this from?

ambchang
03-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Roy will be suspended for going so close to the Laker bench.

hater
03-10-2009, 09:46 AM
:lol Odom is one stupid motherfucker

silverblackfan
03-10-2009, 10:36 AM
All I know is the Lakers DO NOT want to see the Blazers in the playoffs.

dmac
03-10-2009, 01:18 PM
You have Jason Terry and NBA championship in one sentence??? thats 100% failure sir.:toast

"Jason Terry bought a ticket to see the Spurs win another NBA championship"

Now what's wrong with that?

z0sa
03-10-2009, 01:26 PM
"Jason Terry bought a ticket to see the Spurs win another NBA championship"

Now what's wrong with that?

the words jason terry and championship are in the same sentence. he wouldnt be allowed in the building much less the same sentence as another spurs trophy winner.

GSH
03-10-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm sick of so many flagrants going un-called
In international basketball rules its called unsportsmanlike, not flagrant, where'd the NBA get this from?

With respect to the Biggest Spurs Fan in Australia (and I mean that) - the game was invented and first played in Springfield, Massachusetts. There were originally 13 rules, and one of them described fouls. The second foul resulted in disqualification until the next goal was scored - but if there was clear intent to injure the other person, the player would be disqualified for the rest of the game. Whatever it is called, the concept has been around from the very beginning.

The Original Celtics were playing 100+ games per year by about 1918, and the Harlem Globetrotters were founded in 1927. FIBA didn't even exist until 1936. You'll understand if some of us don't feel compelled to consider FIBA's position on basketball rules. Imagine someone creating an international commission for Australian Rules Football in, say, France. Would any self-respecting Aussie give a damn about differences in their rules?

In the immortal words of Tim Duncan, "FIBA sucks."

:lol Odom is one stupid motherfucker

Possibly the most idiotic play in NBA history:

NQtRXQpZHHg

TampaDude
03-10-2009, 02:43 PM
I'd love to see the Blazers get another shot at the Lakers. Payback's a bitch, Faker fans!!!

NBAdime
03-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Hahaha at the Odom dribbling inbounds. Kenny Smith and them killed it on TNT. Oh that was so hilarious!

Back to the Fernandez incident. Ariza is the biggest tool ever, and he was not like this, I guess once you put on that yellow and purple jersey, you automatically become a douche.

He did not go to see him, or make sure he was ok, instead he was too busy talking trash and cursing. He didn't even apologise sincerly, I hope he gets suspended at least 8 games.

Spursmania
03-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Hahaha at the Odom dribbling inbounds. Kenny Smith and them killed it on TNT. Oh that was so hilarious!

Back to the Fernandez incident. Ariza is the biggest tool ever, and he was not like this, I guess once you put on that yellow and purple jersey, you automatically become a douche.

He did not go to see him, or make sure he was ok, instead he was too busy talking trash and cursing. He didn't even apologise sincerly, I hope he gets suspended at least 8 games.

League announced they will not be suspending Ariza, but are still reviewing the Odom situation.

Spursmania
03-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Portland fans you can go ahead and say it to the Lakers...:owned

NBAdime
03-10-2009, 02:53 PM
League announced they will not be suspending Ariza, but are still reviewing the Odom situation.

Wow! People have been suspended for less than that, Odom would not even deserve the suspension if he gets it. I'm willing to start a petition for Ariza to be suspended! Ugh

easjer
03-10-2009, 02:54 PM
And yet, a Robert Horry hip check, which never approached Nash's head, with arms firmly held to his sides, so that it was body to body contact warranted a 2 game suspension (even while a headshot in another series that post-season did not), and yet what is clearly a flagrant 2 at the least and deliberate and dangerous at the worst is not suspension-worthy.

Huh.

Old School 44
03-10-2009, 02:58 PM

I'm surprised. I thought for sure 1 to 2 games for Ariza.

As far as Odom leaving the bench, I can't stand the "leaving the bench" suspension rule, I didn't like it when it favored the Spurs and I don't like it now. I just think there should be more interpretation of player intent by the league.

Rogbok
03-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm surprised. I thought for sure 1 to 2 games for Ariza.

As far as Odom leaving the bench, I can't stand the "leaving the bench" suspension rule, I didn't like it when it favored the Spurs and I don't like it now. I just think there should be more interpretation of player intent by the league.

The problem with Odom "leaving the bench" is that he not only left the bench area, he actually partially participated in the altercation. He did it with his 2 arms out towards Ariza. My only guess is he was either trying to push him into the altercation away from the bench or a half hearted failed attempt at pulling Ariza away. The more damning item though is when he was body to body with Roy and talking crap. It is due to this that he should probably be suspended because he had no business even entering into the altercation and he defintely did until the coach pulled him back.

ducks
03-10-2009, 03:34 PM
odom has to be suspened
and stern did not want ariza and him suspened at the same time
stern wants lakers to have the best record in the nba

Obstructed_View
03-10-2009, 03:55 PM
And yet, a Robert Horry hip check, which never approached Nash's head, with arms firmly held to his sides, so that it was body to body contact warranted a 2 game suspension (even while a headshot in another series that post-season did not), and yet what is clearly a flagrant 2 at the least and deliberate and dangerous at the worst is not suspension-worthy.

Huh.

And by NBA rule, what Nash did was an offensive foul because he attempted to move between a player and the out of bounds line when there wasn't room for him to do so.

Not suspending Ariza is just Stu-pid.

timvp
03-10-2009, 03:57 PM
I expect the NBA to react by allowing Ariza to play an 83rd game.Well at least Ariza got a harsher penalty than I thought :tu

Obstructed_View
03-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Well at least Ariza got a harsher penalty than I thought :tu

Well at least Stu Jackson didn't watch the Ariza foul and decide to suspend Bruce Bowen. ;)

NBAdime
03-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Well at least Stu Jackson didn't watch the Ariza foul and decide to suspend Bruce Bowen. ;)

:lol

GSH
03-10-2009, 04:27 PM
They are "reviewing" the Lamar Odom situation. Bullshit. There is no review to be done. There was an altercation, Odom was on the bench. Odom left the bench area and entered the altercation - he even made physical contact with one of the opposing players involved in the altercation.

His intent is immaterial. The extent of his involvement is immaterial. It is clearly defined that Odom's actions will draw a suspension. The video couldn't be more clear. Nothing to review.

The decision should have come down immediately. So what are they doing? Looking for the way that they can justify not suspending him. Trying to figure out a way that they can word it that will fly. I guarantee it. I'm betting that they justify it by saying that he wasn't "on the floor", and that the area he was in wasn't sufficiently far away from the Lakers' bench.

For those of you who didn't see it, check out this hockey body-check by Lamar Odom on Ray Allen.

WkmzK7zXqpQ

Mugen
03-10-2009, 04:31 PM

:rollin

duncan228
03-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Fernandez doubtful for Wednesday (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/03/10/fernandez.blazers.ap/index.html)

Story Highlights
Rudy Fernandez was hospitalized after being fouled on a break by Trevor Ariza
The Portland guard was expected to be released from the hospital Tuesday
Fernandez suffered a bruised chest and a right hip pointer on the play

GSH
03-10-2009, 04:49 PM
You know, I'm really getting tired of this shit. Bowen got suspended on that bullshit deal in New Orleans. Stern said that part of his decision was based on Bowen's history. (Or reputation, I can't remember which word he used.) Horse... shit.

Like the photo they love to use to "prove" that Bowen is dirty. Why doesn't Kobe Bryant have a reputation for being dirty? Why was this jump-kick to Mo Williams' face not put in his permanent file?

http://thecityline.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/kobe-face-kicking.jpg

If they don't suspend Odom, the NBA might as well start having exhibition games with the WWF. Because their credibility will be completely shot to shit.

Duncan74
03-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Last nights game was crazy! I think the Lakers are a dirty team. When they win its Kobe this and Kobe that blah blah blah. When they don't win they come up with a million reasons why they did, so and so wasn't playing well cause blah blah blah. I think Kobe and some of the other Lakers should have also gotten kicked out of last nights game. But in the end I was happy to see the Lakers get there ass handed to them!!

mabrignani
03-10-2009, 07:43 PM
http://www.nbaloud.com/images/manu-ginoibili-gregg-popovich-tim-duncan-and-tony-1.jpg

are those some J's that pop is wearin?

mabrignani
03-10-2009, 07:44 PM

are those some J's that pop is wearin?
and this shows argentines know how to party hahaha look at manu drenched in champagne

lefty
03-10-2009, 09:41 PM
With respect to the Biggest Spurs Fan in Australia (and I mean that) - the game was invented and first played in Springfield, Massachusetts. There were originally 13 rules, and one of them described fouls. The second foul resulted in disqualification until the next goal was scored - but if there was clear intent to injure the other person, the player would be disqualified for the rest of the game. Whatever it is called, the concept has been around from the very beginning.

The Original Celtics were playing 100+ games per year by about 1918, and the Harlem Globetrotters were founded in 1927. FIBA didn't even exist until 1936. You'll understand if some of us don't feel compelled to consider FIBA's position on basketball rules. Imagine someone creating an international commission for Australian Rules Football in, say, France. Would any self-respecting Aussie give a damn about differences in their rules?

In the immortal words of Tim Duncan, "FIBA sucks."

Possibly the most idiotic play in NBA history:

NQtRXQpZHHg

OMFG Odom :rollin