PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Meet & Greet (Johnny Moore)

Taco
03-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Last night they had a (season ticket holders) Spurs Meet & Greet & the AT&T center.
My brother-in-law had got the tickets from his boss.

we got to see Parker, Udoka, Hill, Bonner and Gervin (lines were too long to get pictures with them), We got autographs from Malik Harriston, Ian Mahimini, Mike Gale and Johnny Moore.

Johnny Moore was so cool, real down to earth person, took time to talk to us made sure he shook all of our hands, very, very cool guy! :flag:

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/wp_moore_071227_1200.jpg

robino2001
03-10-2009, 09:27 AM
The upper deck STH event last year was pretty cool. They had Bonner, Horry, Bowen, Udoka, Damon Stoudamire and George Gervin. 200 level doesn't get you access to the big names! Gervin was cool though... he was pretty cold to most of the people and all I had to say was Mr. Gervin and apparently just showing that little amount of respect to him was significant to him and he made sure to take his time talking to us, etc. All I had to do with Bonner was mention New Hampshire and he lit up and talked to us for quite some time too.

I think this years event for us is in the near future.

bigfan
03-10-2009, 10:19 AM
I remember Johnny Moore was just hitting his stride and was near greatness when he got sick with that stuff that damn near killed him. I remember the photo in the paper of him on the ambulance gurney and he looked lifeless. Glad to hear he's doing well; a great Spur, in my top 10.

Spursmania
03-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Last night they had a (season ticket holders) Spurs Meet & Greet & the AT&T center.
My brother-in-law had got the tickets from his boss.

we got to see Parker, Udoka, Hill, Bonner and Gervin (lines were too long to get pictures with them), We got autographs from Malik Harriston, Ian Mahimini, Mike Gale and Johnny Moore.

Johnny Moore was so cool, real down to earth person, took time to talk to us made sure he shook all of our hands, very, very cool guy! :flag:

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/wp_moore_071227_1200.jpg

Cool. I'm out of town all this week and couldn't attend-I was bummed. Sounds like it was pretty good.

Thomas82
03-10-2009, 12:52 PM
I remember Johnny Moore was just hitting his stride and was near greatness when he got sick with that stuff that damn near killed him. I remember the photo in the paper of him on the ambulance gurney and he looked lifeless. Glad to hear he's doing well; a great Spur, in my top 10.

One of the very few Spurs to have his jersey retired.

Taco
03-10-2009, 01:09 PM
One of the very few Spurs to have his jersey retired.

I remember when they announced his number was to be retired, he was in shock and disbelief and very, very grateful that the Spurs would honor him like this.

Class Guy

00 :clap

:flag: