PDA

View Full Version : Odom is starting to disappear again.....

MarHill
03-10-2009, 03:31 PM
1) 7 pts, 8 rebs vs Portland

2) 2 pts, 5 rebs vs Minnesota

3) 2 pts, 13 rebs vs Memphis

4) 4 pts, 6 rebs vs Phoenix

Those are Lamar Odom's last 4 games. Is he disappearing again? After playing well most of Jan and Feb....is he reverting back to form.

This is the biggest issue with him. I still think he's the most important piece for the Lakers' title hopes even more than Bynum (if and when he comes back).

I know the Lakers fans will spin it and say they haven't needed him in the past 4 games. But, his engimatic reputation proceeds him and without him producing consistently...they won't get out of the Western Conference.

Is this a concern for the Lakers fans or since the West has been handed to the Lakers already...does it matter?

:flag:

IronMexican
03-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I've already welcomed Odumb back.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 03:34 PM
I've already welcomed Odumb back.
Serious honest question, because I respect you as a Laker fan. Do you think this "Odumb" guy you're talking about is going to be an issue if you play the Spurs in the WCF? I mean...The Lakers having the big men is their catalyst against the Spurs. If Lamar is playing this way, and with Gooden being brought in, if he plays well, it could change the Big Men tide.

IronMexican
03-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Serious honest question, because I respect you as a Laker fan. Do you think this "Odumb" guy you're talking about is going to be an issue if you play the Spurs in the WCF? I mean...The Lakers having the big men is their catalyst against the Spurs. If Lamar is playing this way, and with Gooden being brought in, if he plays well, it could change the Big Men tide.

Not if Bynum is here. If LO is clicking, I really don't think anyone can beat the Lakers. If LO plays like Odumb, the Lakers are very beatable.

I still think LA has better bigs, assuming Bynum is there.

MarHill
03-10-2009, 03:37 PM

That's a good question, Spursfan092120.

If Odom begins to disappear in a series with the Spurs or the Jazz that could be difference..even with or without Bynum.

21_Blessings
03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
This is the biggest issue with him. I still think he's the most important piece for the Lakers' title hopes even more than Bynum (if and when he comes back).

:flag:

He's not. All the Lakers need is a healthy KGB and the trophy will be driving down Figueroa this June.

MarHill
03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Not if Bynum is here. If LO is clicking, I really don't think anyone can beat the Lakers. If LO plays like Odumb, the Lakers are very beatable.

Iron Mexican,

I believe Odom is more important than Bynum for the Lakers' title hopes. Because, Odom will go back to the 2nd unit when Bynum comes back and if he doesn't provide any scoring and rebounding with that unit....that will hurt the Lakers. Because Manu and Gooden will be in that 2nd unit and if they can get production.....it can change the course of a game.

Remember, Bynum will be coming back from his 2nd major injury and hasn't played since Jan 31st. How rusty will he be? How will be he mentally?

That's why I think Odom is more important than Bynum if the Lakers are going to win it all.

21_Blessings
03-10-2009, 03:42 PM
That's a good question, Spursfan092120.

If Odom begins to disappear in a series with the Spurs or the Jazz that could be difference..even with or without Bynum.

Odom VANISHED last year against the Spurs. He was on the bench during both comebacks. Who won that series again?

It won't matter though, Bynum is coming this time around.

MarHill
03-10-2009, 03:44 PM
He's not. All the Lakers need is a healthy KGB and the trophy will be driving down Figueroa this June.

Nope, everyone knows Kobe will get his and Gasol will get his points but they can't win the title with those two only.

Odom is so important and is the difference for them. If he disappears...the Lakers will not win the WC.

21_Blessings
03-10-2009, 03:45 PM
If he disappears...the Lakers will not win the WC.

They did it last year without Bynum. They'll easily do it gain this season.

IronMexican
03-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Bynum is way more important than Odumb.

JoeTait75
03-10-2009, 03:48 PM
1)2 pts, 13 rebs vs Memphis

He also had eight assists and six blocks in this game. Other than the scoring, that's a pretty kick-ass line.

MarHill
03-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Odom VANISHED last year against the Spurs. He was on the bench during both comebacks. Who won that series again?

No..because the Spurs can mix and match with their bigs. With the addition of Gooden has changed that in the Spurs favor....especially if he can give rebounding and scoring in the post with the 2nd unit. That means TD can be fresher and it will give the Spurs more balance. His signing will be that important.

Yes, Odom didn't play great in last year's series. But I'm looking at this year and the Spurs have gotten better offensively despite all their injuries. And know they have all the pieces to go after the championship.

Again, I think you are underestimating the importance of Odom and his skill set. He is the key for them winning it all.

IronMexican
03-10-2009, 03:50 PM
I always see every other fan base say "You guys(Laker fans) underrate Odom" When it's far from the truth. Everyone else overrates him.

MarHill
03-10-2009, 03:52 PM
He also had eight assists and six blocks in this game. Other than the scoring, that's a pretty kick-ass line.

JoeTait75,

That's nice...but he will need to score more against the better teams like he did against the Cavs in Cleveland and in Boston.

His offense makes the Lakers a much more balanced team and without it they can beat the Grizzlies or Timberwolves..but not the Spurs, Jazz, Celts, or Cavs.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 03:53 PM

Yeah...but if Gooden is playing...and of course Duncan is playing...and Lamar is playing as he is now, isn't it logical that two good bigs playing well is better than one?

MarHill
03-10-2009, 03:53 PM
They did it last year without Bynum. They'll easily do it gain this season.

No they won't! They will need his scoring and rebounding to get out of the west.

Bartleby
03-10-2009, 03:55 PM

He vanished in the one game the Lakers lost and in Game 1, which the Lakers won by 5. In the other three games he was actually pretty good, averaging 9.6 rebs and 16.3 pts.

So, if Bynum isn't ready to play it looks like the Lakers are really going to need Odom to show up.

JoeTait75
JoeTait75,

That's nice...but he will need to score more against the better teams like he did against the Cavs in Cleveland and in Boston.

His offense makes the Lakers a much more balanced team and without it they can beat the Grizzlies or Timberwolves..but not the Spurs, Jazz, Celts, or Cavs.

Not when Bynum gets back. All he has to do is show up every night, rebound and defend. Lake Show has plenty of scoring when healthy, inside and out.

Now, if Bynum isn't 100 percent, that changes things. But if he is, Odom just needs to provide some glue.

sprrs
JoeTait75,

No worries Laker fans...Pop will just put Finley on Odom and he will proceed to go off.

Spursfan092120

Yes..but so is George Hill, Roger Mason, Drew Gooden, Bonner is a different player this year, and we still have Bowen to aggravate Kobe.

21_Blessings
03-10-2009, 03:56 PM
No..because the Spurs can mix and match with their bigs. With the addition of Gooden has changed that in the Spurs favor....especially if he can give rebounding and scoring in the post with the 2nd unit. That means TD can be fresher and it will give the Spurs more balance. His signing will be that important.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. So Gooden is the key to the Spurs beating the Lakers. Obviously he's more important than Andrew Bynum and Trevor Ariza.

Your little dream falls flat on its face. Bynum guards Tim Duncan much much much better than Gasol does. Which means Gasol is fresher and TP doesn't get as many easy layups. Not only that, but Ariza can also spell Kobe on the defensive end. Fresher Kobe = more ass raping of the Spurs in the 4th

Yes, Odom didn't play great in last year's series. But I'm looking at this year and the Spurs have gotten better offensively despite all their injuries. And know they have all the pieces to go after the championship.

The Lakers have gotten better offensively and defensively despite all their injuries.

Again, I think you are underestimating the importance of Odom and his skill set. He is the key for them winning it all.

No I'm not, you're just overrating him. The key is Bynum. He fixes the Lakers biggest weakness: defense and is a much more reliable 3rd option than Odom. Simple as that.

If you were talking about Boston, you might be right. Maybe. But not SA. They are nowhere near the Lakers level. Worry about getting to the WCF before even thinking about the rare chance of beating the Lakers.

IronMexican
03-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah...but if Gooden is playing...and of course Duncan is playing...and Lamar is playing as he is now, isn't it logical that two good bigs playing well is better than one?

Yeah. But that's why I said this all depends on Bynum. And I do think that Odom is a bad match-up for Gooden on the defensive side of the ball. Odom does well against PF's that aren't quick off their feet(which is why he was great vs the Jazz last season)

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Yeah. But that's why I said this all depends on Bynum. And I do think that Odom is a bad match-up for Gooden on the defensive side of the ball. Odom does well against PF's that aren't quick off their feet(which is why he was great vs the Jazz last season)
Good analogy...we'll have to see what happens.

MarHill
03-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Not when Bynum gets back. All he has to do is show up every night, rebound and defend. Lake Show has plenty of scoring when healthy, inside and out.

Now, if Bynum isn't 100 percent, that changes things. But if he is, Odom just needs to provide some glue.

Again, JoeTait75....

The signing of Gooden has given the Spurs another big to mix and match with now. Also, if Gooden can score and rebounding with the 2nd unit.

Bynum is a good young player...but he wasn't avg 20-10 yet. And if TD gets help a little from Gooden...it will make a difference for the Spurs.

That's why I believe Odom is more important than Bynum even if he comes back. His versatility and skill set can be very effective and makes the Lakers offense that much more powerful and difficult to stop.

MarHill
03-10-2009, 04:04 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA. So Gooden is the key to the Spurs beating the Lakers. Obviously he's more important than Andrew Bynum and Trevor Ariza.

Your little dream falls flat on its face. Bynum guards Tim Duncan much much much better than Gasol does. Which means Gasol is fresher and TP doesn't get as many easy layups. Not only that, but Ariza can also spell Kobe on the defensive end. Fresher Kobe = more ass raping of the Spurs in the 4th

The Lakers have gotten better offensively and defensively despite all their injuries.

No I'm not, you're just overrating him. The key is Bynum. He fixes the Lakers biggest weakness: defense and is a much more reliable 3rd option than Odom. Simple as that.

If you were talking about Boston, you might be right. Maybe. But not SA. They are nowhere near the Lakers level. Worry about getting to the WCF before even thinking about the rare chance of beating the Lakers.

How can you say that...the Spurs are nowhere near the Lakers level. Especially if the Big 3 is healthy and ready to go.

I can respect the debate to say the Lakers are the favorite to come out the west..fine. But, to say the Spurs are nowhere near the Lakers are flat out wrong. They've held the number 2 seed for awhile and without early injuries to Tony and Manu during the first month of the season I believe would have a shot for the 1 seed.

That's just flat out arrogance and not paying attention to your opponents.

JoeTait75
03-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Again, JoeTait75....

The signing of Gooden has given the Spurs another big to mix and match with now. Also, if Gooden can score and rebounding with the 2nd unit.

Bynum is a good young player...but he wasn't avg 20-10 yet. And if TD gets help a little from Gooden...it will make a difference for the Spurs.

That's why I believe Odom is more important than Bynum even if he comes back. His versatility and skill set can be very effective and makes the Lakers offense that much more powerful and difficult to stop.

"If" is the key word when you're talking about Gooden, Mar. You really don't know what you're going to get from him night-in and night-out. He's like Odom in that respect.

MarHill
03-10-2009, 04:08 PM

Also, while Bynum guard TD better than Gasol. He can't stop TD and everyone knows that.

The Gooden signing gives the Spurs more options to mix and match with their bigs. That will be his importance.

Also, Ariza isn't a lockdown defender. Remember the first Lakers-Spurs regular season game...Manu went around Ariza easily. Is Ariza a capable defender...yes. But a lockdown defender...absolutely not!!

Don't forget the Spurs have won three of the last six titles. So getting to WCF isn't the goal...it's winning it all too!!

MarHill
03-10-2009, 04:11 PM
"If" is the key word when you're talking about Gooden, Mar. You really don't know what you're going to get from him night-in and night-out. He's like Odom in that respect.

Maybe so.....

But Gooden is playing for a contract and if he shows up and plays well for the Spurs that will be more money in his pockets in the offseason.

He has good incentive to play well.

Also, he will give the Spurs at least six more fouls and a chance to keep TD fresher down the stretch of the ball games and that could be the biggest difference the Spurs need.

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Odom is not critical to anything the Lakers do.

It's KGB: KOBE - GASOL - BYNUM

Odom will be moved back to the bench where he belongs when Bynum gets back. What he does is icing on the cake.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 04:17 PM

Odom will be moved back to the bench where he belongs when Bynum gets back. What he does is icing on the cake.
It's gonna take more than KGB to beat the Spurs in a 7 game series..

MarHill
03-10-2009, 04:18 PM

Ok then, DrHouse.....

Why was all the analysts (ESPN, SI, FoxSports, and NBA.com) going crazy about Odom's great play in Jan and Feb. Especially on that road trip against Cleveland and Boston.

You can't just dismiss that...and post he doesn't matter.

He does and will be the most important piece for the Lakers' title hopes.

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Also, while Bynum guard TD better than Gasol. He can't stop TD and everyone knows that.

The Gooden signing gives the Spurs more options to mix and match with their bigs. That will be his importance.

Also, Ariza isn't a lockdown defender. Remember the first Lakers-Spurs regular season game...Manu went around Ariza easily. Is Ariza a capable defender...yes. But a lockdown defender...absolutely not!!

Don't forget the Spurs have won three of the last six titles. So getting to WCF isn't the goal...it's winning it all too!!

Actually Bynum did a very good job limiting TD. He will force Duncan away from the rim and make him take tougher shots that he makes with less frequency. In short, he will allow the Lakers to single cover Duncan all game while he's on the floor.

This is what you saw in the last game. Duncan was single covered, which allowed Kobe to play doberman defense on Manu who he completely shut down. And while Parker got off in the 1st half, he was nowhere to be found in the 2nd.

This is the same song/dance that's happened 4 times this decade. Phil Jackson knows how to beat the Spurs. When the talent levels are equal Phil wins every time.

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Ok then, DrHouse.....

Why was all the analysts (ESPN, SI, FoxSports, and NBA.com) going crazy about Odom's great play in Jan and Feb. Especially on that road trip against Cleveland and Boston.

You can't just dismiss that...and post he doesn't matter.

He does and will be the most important piece for the Lakers' title hopes.

I can dismiss that.

When the team is at full strength Odom is not a major piece. He is right now out of necessity because there is nobody else to fill Bynum's rebounding/shotblocking role.

Spursmania
03-10-2009, 04:27 PM
How can you say that...the Spurs are nowhere near the Lakers level. Especially if the Big 3 is healthy and ready to go.

I can respect the debate to say the Lakers are the favorite to come out the west..fine. But, to say the Spurs are nowhere near the Lakers are flat out wrong. They've held the number 2 seed for awhile and without early injuries to Tony and Manu during the first month of the season I believe would have a shot for the 1 seed.

That's just flat out arrogance and not paying attention to your opponents.

Marhill, tyring to talk common sense with blessing 21 is useless. He doesn't want to have a serious and/or informative debate. You're just wasting your time. He'll just curse and say arrogant phrases. In his mind Lakers can do no wrong, and can win the Larry with only 3 players in the line-up. He's a joke...:lmao

MarHill
03-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Actually Bynum did a very good job limiting TD. He will force Duncan away from the rim and make him take tougher shots that he makes with less frequency. In short, he will allow the Lakers to single cover Duncan all game while he's on the floor.

This is what you saw in the last game. Duncan was single covered, which allowed Kobe to play doberman defense on Manu who he completely shut down. And while Parker got off in the 1st half, he was nowhere to be found in the 2nd.

This is the same song/dance that's happened 4 times this decade. Phil Jackson knows how to beat the Spurs. When the talent levels are equal Phil wins every time.

Again, in one regular season game...I can dismiss that Bynum's defense on TD as well. However in a seven game series...where you can make adjustments and Pop does a good job of adjusting in a series...Bynum won't be able to stop TD. Just like Bowen can't stop Kobe.

Again, I respect Kobe's defense but he wasn't playing Manu the entire game and if he did in a series he would get tired and it would affect his offense.

Also, Spurs have more shooters with Mason and Bonner and Finley can still knock down shots.

Moreover, Spurs have beaten the Lakers in the playoffs and of course they didn't play each other in the middle of the decade where the Spurs were clearly the better team...so I don't go crazy about that record. I can see if they played each other every year...then it would mean more.

MarHill
03-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Marhill, tyring to talk common sense with blessing 21 is useless. He doesn't want to have a serious and/or informative debate. You're just wasting your time. He'll just curse and say arrogant phrases. In his mind Lakers can do no wrong, and can win the Larry with only 3 players in the line-up. He's a joke...:lmao

Thanks, Spursmania!

I don't mind a good debate. That's what this forum is for.

But to make crazy comments like this....does nothing for the legitimate debate between the Lakers and the Spurs.

That is like me posting the Lakers don't have the talent to win it all. That's stupid and disrespectful. But as the Spurs can be beaten....so can the Lakers.

:toast

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Again, in one regular season game...I can dismiss that Bynum's defense on TD as well. However in a seven game series...where you can make adjustments and Pop does a good job of adjusting in a series...Bynum won't be able to stop TD. Just like Bowen can't stop Kobe.

Again, I respect Kobe's defense but he wasn't playing Manu the entire game and if he did in a series he would get tired and it would affect his offense.

Also, Spurs have more shooters with Mason and Bonner and Finley can still knock down shots.

Moreover, Spurs have beaten the Lakers in the playoffs and of course they didn't play each other in the middle of the decade where the Spurs were clearly the better team...so I don't go crazy about that record. I can see if they played each other every year...then it would mean more.

No you don't get it. 4-1. Let that sink in.

Phil Jackson OWNS Greg Popovich. He is the only coach in the NBA who can say actually that. He will outwit Greg when it matters every single time so long as the talent levels are equal.

We've seen this song and dance many times. The Spurs will try to beat LAL from outside and they will lose. Let me repeat, no jumpshooting team that plays mediocre defense is going to beat the Lakers in the playoffs. We've seen the blueprint for what it takes to beat LAL in the playoffs.

You need to have the best defense in the league, a solid defensive plan against Kobe, and the ability to stop their other weapons from going off. The Spurs simply don't have what BOS and DET had in those years. And if Bynum is back, FORGET ABOUT IT. You don't have a CHANCE.

MarHill
03-10-2009, 05:46 PM
No you don't get it. 4-1. Let that sink in.

Phil Jackson OWNS Greg Popovich. He is the only coach in the NBA who can say actually that. He will outwit Greg when it matters every single time so long as the talent levels are equal.

We've seen this song and dance many times. The Spurs will try to beat LAL from outside and they will lose. Let me repeat, no jumpshooting team that plays mediocre defense is going to beat the Lakers in the playoffs. We've seen the blueprint for what it takes to beat LAL in the playoffs.

You need to have the best defense in the league, a solid defensive plan against Kobe, and the ability to stop their other weapons from going off. The Spurs simply don't have what BOS and DET had in those years. And if Bynum is back, FORGET ABOUT IT. You don't have a CHANCE.

Again, I know the record......you post it everytime we have one of these arguments.

Again, that record is skewed because the Lakers were not good in 2005-2007 and the Spurs would have beaten them easily in those years because they were the better team.

Now the Lakers are good again and I'm glad for that actually. But, the Spurs have a legit shot to get to the finals this year because they have better pieces around the Big 3 this year offensively.

Even if Bynum comes back, the fact the Spurs signed Gooden (whom the Lakers wanted to keep away from SA) gives them an extra big to mix and match with the Lakers.

If the Spurs are healthy...I like their chances now more than ever...because they have all the pieces to win it all.

We will see....once and for all in late May.

Banzai
03-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Just heard on the radio that Odom is suspended 1 game.

Brazil
03-10-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm going to try a Dr House special.

If the big 3 is healthy LA can already prepare the material for fishing.

Tim is the best big of this serie, no way Odumb or Bynum or Gasol stop him he'll go for his usual 20 10.

TP is going to kill the lakers, he is stronger than last year, his JS is now a consistent weapon. On a 7 serie game, he will go for a 30 10 at least 4 times against LA.

Manu is Manu, if he is hot there's nothing you can do he will go for a Kobewise stat easy. He will come in this serie well rested and he will be hungry.

Kurt is doing a good job since the ASG break, his D will improve again during the POs he will take care of the business.

Gooden will give what the spurs need: rebounding, interior presence.

Besides of that every game in this serie with a tight scoring at the end of the 4th will be for the spurs, the spurs are much more clutch than the lakers, see Money Mason 3's, Manu impossible lay up, Tim maybe the clutchest of all and TP.

No way in hell a healthy spurs team loose a 7 serie against the fakers.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Odom is a rich man's Boris Diaw.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-10-2009, 06:03 PM
In all honestly, I don't see the Spurs getting by LA if Bynum is healthy.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 06:07 PM
In all honestly, I don't see the Spurs getting by LA if Bynum is healthy.
Really? Lakers get Bynum...Spurs get Mason, Hill, Gooden, and Bonner(yes, we had him last year, but this is a different player). We're a HELL of a lot better now. You don't think that will change anything?

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm going to try a Dr House special.

If the big 3 is healthy LA can already prepare the material for fishing.

Tim is the best big of this serie, no way Odumb or Bynum or Gasol stop him he'll go for his usual 20 10.

TP is going to kill the lakers, he is stronger than last year, his JS is now a consistent weapon. On a 7 serie game, he will go for a 30 10 at least 4 times against LA.

Manu is Manu, if he is hot there's nothing you can do he will go for a Kobewise stat easy. He will come in this serie well rested and he will be hungry.

Kurt is doing a good job since the ASG break, his D will improve again during the POs he will take care of the business.

Gooden will give what the spurs need: rebounding, interior presence.

Besides of that every game in this serie with a tight scoring at the end of the 4th will be for the spurs, the spurs are much more clutch than the lakers, see Money Mason 3's, Manu impossible lay up, Tim maybe the clutchest of all and TP.

No way in hell a healthy spurs team loose a 7 serie against the fakers.

The Spurs defense is not capable of slowing down the Laker's offensive juggernaut this season. They didn't come close in either matchup.

The facts just don't back up anything you are trying to say. And we're not even discussing Manu Ginobili, who has a very high probability of re-injuring his ankles and hobbling into the playoffs yet again. If he's not 100% this conversation is useless, the Spurs have no chance.

You rely on faith and hope that the Spurs can beat the Lakers. I look at the facts in front of me and clearly see a decisive advantage in favor of the Lakers should they be lucky enough to have their health. Without Bynum, I'm not nearly as confident and I am willing to concede the Lakers could lose to any number of teams in the WC.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Really? Lakers get Bynum...Spurs get Mason, Hill, Gooden, and Bonner(yes, we had him last year, but this is a different player). We're a HELL of a lot better now. You don't think that will change anything?

Lakeshow also has Ariza and a year of experience for their first time WCF players last year. At the same time, SA will have a 100% Ginobili.

I think SA is a lot better this year, but I just don't see it happening.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Lakeshow also has Ariza and a year of experience for their first time WCF players last year. At the same time, SA will have a 100% Ginobili.

I think SA is a lot better this year, but I just don't see it happening.
Well...we'll have to agree to disagree..I think the Spurs have the right pieces. We were missing another big that can be athletic and tough next to Timmy..we got it in Gooden. Gonna be a good series.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-10-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm sorry but MAYBE Gooden can be considered athletic...

but not tough :nope

mogrovejo
03-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Odom suspended for 1 game.

Brazil
03-10-2009, 10:18 PM
The Spurs defense is not capable of slowing down the Laker's offensive juggernaut this season. They didn't come close in either matchup.

The facts just don't back up anything you are trying to say. And we're not even discussing Manu Ginobili, who has a very high probability of re-injuring his ankles and hobbling into the playoffs yet again. If he's not 100% this conversation is useless, the Spurs have no chance.

You rely on faith and hope that the Spurs can beat the Lakers. I look at the facts in front of me and clearly see a decisive advantage in favor of the Lakers should they be lucky enough to have their health. Without Bynum, I'm not nearly as confident and I am willing to concede the Lakers could lose to any number of teams in the WC.

I'm just stating facts:
-Tim is the best big in this serie, you add a good KT and Gooden and you balance the frontcourt of LA
-TP is much stronger than last year during a 7 serie game he will kill at least 3 or 4 games the lakers with his JS
-You're right on Manu we don't know but we are speaking about if both team 100% healthy, so if healthy, Manu will be a big difference he almost didn't play this year
- Kobe is not 20 years old anymore and he played a long very long regular season
- G Hill is a very good rookie and he is showing some great D on the 4ths he could be the factor x of that serie
- Bonner is no more a liability neither finley
- Mason is money and he is clutch
- You can expect 15 to 20 min of a rested Bruce on Kobe shoulder

I consider that today the spurs have all the ingredients to win a serie against the Lakers.

Yorae
03-11-2009, 02:01 AM
http://images.wikia.com/openserving/sports/images/3/36/KobeBryantLamarOdom.jpg

He just need some kobe loving.

anonoftheinternets
03-11-2009, 04:09 PM
lol trying to reason with laker fans who have suddenly become relevant after last year. Obv they have missed havin a chance to win, so they are going to be blind to all criticism. Pointles to argue, im jus waiting to see them come up with excuses after this PO series. I really hope blazers or jazz dont knock them out, else they will continue to play up 4-1, which is nothing but 3 losses to other teams coz they were not good enuf. :lol