PDA

View Full Version : STSA Taylor: "Mad props to Ariza"

S_A_Longhorn
03-10-2009, 04:02 PM
In case you guys missed it...

http://ticket760.com/pages/pp_stsa.html

Scroll down about a quarter of the way:

"Next we offer you STSA's favorite play of the NBA season so far. We all know Rudy Fernandez is a Stage 5 D-Bag. And although we really don't like anything having to do with the Lakers, we must give mad props to Trevor Ariza for taking Fernandez out hardcore."

Since when does someone deserve "mad props" for injuring another player? When you don't like that player?

Well, I now have a concrete reason to never listen to this guy.

cheguevara
03-10-2009, 04:03 PM
his wife probably got gangbanged by a group of spaniards or something

chreph
03-10-2009, 04:05 PM
I normally think their website is funny and am not a "hater" of STSA but that little gem had me baffled. Don't agree with it and think it's a pretty "D-Bag" thing to promote. :nope

EricB
03-10-2009, 04:22 PM
What else would you expect from the douchebag mike taylor.

HillCountrySpursFan
03-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Taylor is doing and saying anything he can to get ratings....if you look at the last 3 ratings books, the ticket is always near dead last in the ratings, in fact in the ratings out on 3-6 they were dead last in the market.

The programming on that station is really, really bad and they're losing market share by the truck load, if it gets any worse, they won't even show up in the ratings...

And as an aside, if you post anything negative about the station or Taylor on another spurs forum, it gets pulled and locked fast....looks like clear channel doesn't really care for expressing their opinions about them....

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 04:30 PM
In case you guys missed it...

http://ticket760.com/pages/pp_stsa.html

Scroll down about a quarter of the way:

"Next we offer you STSA's favorite play of the NBA season so far. We all know Rudy Fernandez is a Stage 5 D-Bag. And although we really don't like anything having to do with the Lakers, we must give mad props to Trevor Ariza for taking Fernandez out hardcore."

Since when does someone deserve "mad props" for injuring another player? When you don't like that player?

Well, I now have a concrete reason to never listen to this guy.
Wow..Mike Taylor is a true d-bag...That's ridiculous. I actually listened to STSA...not anymore..I'm sticking to 1250 The Zone...I usually listen to them anyway.

Spursmania
03-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Wow-must be pretty desperate for ratings. That's pathetic.

MarHill
03-10-2009, 04:33 PM
That's just stupid on his part.

I don't any player to be injured like that whether he plays for the Spurs or not.

That was a dangerous play.

NBAdime
03-10-2009, 04:34 PM
I never heard about Rudy Fernandez being a douche. I wonder if Suns front office wake up in the middle of the night in cold sweat wishing that trading him away was just a dream.

balli
03-10-2009, 04:49 PM
:wakeup

samikeyp
03-10-2009, 04:50 PM

and he's mad because she now prefers that over sex with him. :)

BlackSwordsMan
03-10-2009, 04:54 PM
ratings is all this guy is going for

lefty
03-10-2009, 04:59 PM

:rollin

S_A_Longhorn
03-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Why was this thread moved? Seems more Club chat than Basketball chat.

Are the Ticket's rating really bad these days? Last I read, GoGatos Burning Peter were preaching how they won their times.

CharlieMac
03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
I hate the whole "d-bag" schtick he has.

Sooooo played......

It's just a step above "mad-props".

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 10:00 PM
I listened today and I heard it. I didn't like it but he was saying Rudy was a racist of some sort, don't know the story.

Lately he's been saying things I'am suprised have gone unpunished. Talking about when it's ok to beat a woman up today.. geez lol.
Well if that's the case, I change my stance..if he's a racist, and says it's ok to beat up women..maybe he did need his ass kicked.

Spur-Addict
03-10-2009, 10:10 PM
This Mike Taylor character can go suck a dick sack.

stxspurs
03-10-2009, 11:14 PM
go gatos where are u now??? stick up for your boy sucka

emo serb
03-11-2009, 01:14 AM
So, I saw the replay and the foul really wasn't that bad. Ariza went for the ball, and from what I saw, it looked to me that he only hit the arms, and maybe the top of Rudy's head. Not really a dirty foul. The only dirty part in that play was the fall that Rudy had, and the little skirmish afterward instead of checking on Rudy.

S_A_Longhorn
03-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Well if that's the case, I change my stance..if he's a racist, and says it's ok to beat up women..maybe he did need his ass kicked.

I think Taylor is calling him a racist due to the pic of the Spanish team (including Pau Gasol) making sqinty-eyes prior to the Olympics. A stupid thing to do my the Spanish team, sure, but to call them 'racists'? It sounds more like a guy crying 'wolf' any chance he gets to label someone a d-bag.

Based on the crap Taylor says, I guess it would be OK to give "mad props" to anybody who wants to take out Taylor when he gets off work.

tlongII
03-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Who is this idiot??? Rudy's a great guy. His teammates love him.

I thought STSA was getting great ratings down there? At least that's what I read Peter Burns posting...

rogcl1
03-11-2009, 09:50 AM
So, I saw the replay and the foul really wasn't that bad. Ariza went for the ball, and from what I saw, it looked to me that he only hit the arms, and maybe the top of Rudy's head. Not really a dirty foul. The only dirty part in that play was the fall that Rudy had, and the little skirmish afterward instead of checking on Rudy.

You're kidding, How many times have you been undercut on a driving layup .That was a terrible foul. He may not have intended it to be dirty but it ended up putting Rudy in a terrible position. He was in the air and his balance was totally disrupted and pulled down from behind by the blow to the head and the grab of the arms.Ball? It looks to me like a combination of an undercut and a horse collar tackle.
Either chickenshit move or just poor decision.

rogcl1
03-11-2009, 10:26 AM

After watching this some more what makes me wonder is the fact that even though he is going for the ball that does not give one the license to maim. He basically clubs Rudy from behind and then on blown up slowed down clips you see him actually grab the wrist as Rudy is extended, It is that grab of the arm that creates the awkward landing. that grab makes me wonder.

HillCountrySpursFan
03-11-2009, 11:58 AM
I thought STSA was getting great ratings down there? At least that's what I read Peter Burns posting...

According to the ratings released at www.radioandrecords.com on March 6, 2009, the ticket IS DEAD LAST in the ratings in SA....Now they can try to spin that maybe the morning show is doing ok, but overall that station is in the trash dump....

HillCountrySpursFan
03-11-2009, 04:14 PM
You can't see them because they haven't registered yet on the ratings.....maybe next book they'll start showing up....but nothing so far....

IronMexican
03-11-2009, 04:23 PM
That's a pretty douche move by this guy. It's never cool to wish an injury on anyone, or applaud one.