PDA

View Full Version : Bynum out until April at the earliest

tlongII
03-10-2009, 04:41 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi10-2009mar10,0,6435119.story

Bynum update, sort of

The original timetable for Bynum's projected return was between late March and late April, but it now appears the "late March" part of it won't be happening.

"For us, we're just allowing this part of his body to heal and come back at an appropriate time," said Lakers Coach Phil Jackson, who has grown tired of fielding so many questions about Bynum.

"I think I said last week, 'Don't ask me again until April,' so the next time you ask me, I'm going to say, 'I'm not going to talk about it until April,' OK? There's nothing going to go on here until April, and then we'll know something and what's going on there."

When Bynum returns, will he come off the bench or, less likely, jump back into the starting lineup?

"We'll talk about that in April," Jackson said.

Times staff writer Mike Bresnahan contributed to this report.

I probably shouldn't do this, but......:lmao

hater
03-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Karma is a bitch faker bitches

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 04:43 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi10-2009mar10,0,6435119.story

I probably shouldn't do this, but......:lmao
Aww...tlong...lol...that's just wrong..you shouldn't laugh at an injury, no matter how much you hate the team.

JoeTait75
03-10-2009, 04:45 PM
If Portland knew how injury-prone Bynum was going to be, they would have drafted him.

SpursDynasty
03-10-2009, 04:47 PM
The Lakers can thank Kobe for showboating in a meaningless game against the Memphis Grizzlies and doing some bullshit falling down layup and slamming into Bynum's knee as a result. It's stupid shit like that gets teams in trouble. Ex. Jameer Nelson ending his season over grabbing a rebound away from Erick Dampier.

Mugen
03-10-2009, 04:47 PM
no need to laugh at an injury especially when you got mr. glass oden on your team.

IronMexican
03-10-2009, 04:50 PM
That sucks.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 04:52 PM
That sucks.
yeah..I know..I hope this isn't chronic and keeps him out of the playoffs. Get well, Drew.

Spursmania
03-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Bynum will be back, he just won't be as effective. We just need our guys to be healthy and we're good.

j.dizzle
03-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Why is this guy schlong trying to talk shit about bynum when you have sam bowie i mean greg oden on your team..That fool cant even walk outside the door without tripping over a rock & spraining his knee..I hope you enjoy him cuz he's 10 times more fragile then bynum..He bumped into someones knee & chipped his bone..Thats the definition of a PUSSY

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 05:01 PM
This isn't news.

Bynum's projected recovery has always been 8-12 weeks.

He's on track to be back in 10 weeks.

Resume your Laker-hating orgy.

lefty
03-10-2009, 05:02 PM
If Portland knew how injury-prone Bynum was going to be, they would have drafted him.

:lol

lil_penny
03-10-2009, 05:05 PM
no room to talk tlong when we have a guy just as fragile as bynum on our team.. i swear both these guys should have a 1 on 1 wheel chair basketball game during halftime of the next blazer laker game lol

nice sig photo lefty:toast

lefty
03-10-2009, 05:08 PM
no room to talk tlong when we have a guy just as fragile as bynum on our team.. i swear both these guys should have a 1 on 1 wheel chair basketball game during halftime of the next blazer laker game lol

nice sig photo lefty:toast

Thanks

I'm a big Rudy fan

Spanish Manu!!!!

and :lol at the 1 on 1 idea

lil_penny
03-10-2009, 05:11 PM
same here:toast RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 05:24 PM
This isn't news.

Not everyone cares about the Lakers, d-bag...truth of it is, a lot of people hate Laker FANS a lot more than the Lakers..I have nothing against the Lakers...I hate David Stern for always giving them the benefit of the doubt and letting them get away with everything, and I dislike a LOT (not all) of Laker fans for that think they're above everyone, and always whine and complain when Kobe gets away with fouling people constantly, and then goes down and gets a foul called in his favor, even when no one touches him...it's crap.

TheManFromAcme
03-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Not everyone cares about the Lakers, d-bag...truth of it is, a lot of people hate Laker FANS a lot more than the Lakers..I have nothing against the Lakers...I hate David Stern for always giving them the benefit of the doubt and letting them get away with everything, and I dislike a LOT (not all) of Laker fans for that think they're above everyone, and always whine and complain when Kobe gets away with fouling people constantly, and then goes down and gets a foul called in his favor, even when no one touches him...it's crap.

^Yet you've resumed the Laker hating orgy.:blah:blah

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-10-2009, 05:36 PM
I wonder if tlong made fun of Ralph Sampson in the mid-late 80's even though Sam Bowie was having a bust of a career in Portland at the time :lol

As DrHouse said this isn't really news yet.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 05:37 PM
^Yet you've resumed the Laker hating orgy.:blah:blah
Nope...just stating a fact..I don't hate the Lakers...I have no reason to hate them...In the last 10 years, we've got a better record and more titles than you, while paying less money and doing it the right way, with a team, and not with a bunch of all stars. But people like you, who come up with terms like "Laker hating orgy" and people like House, who think that teams are obsessed with the Lakers...those are the people that irritate me, and that's why all these Laker threads show up. We like to see the arrogance of Laker fans on display.

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Nope...just stating a fact..I don't hate the Lakers...I have no reason to hate them...In the last 10 years, we've got a better record and more titles than you, while paying less money and doing it the right way, with a team, and not with a bunch of all stars. But people like you, who come up with terms like "Laker hating orgy" and people like House, who think that teams are obsessed with the Lakers...those are the people that irritate me, and that's why all these Laker threads show up. We like to see the arrogance of Laker fans on display.

You hate the Lakers.

We can all see right through you son.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 05:40 PM
You hate the Lakers.

We can all see right through you son.
Don't call me son, bitch..my father has ALS and is twice the man you are. And no..I don't hate the Lakers...I hate people who are arrogant enough to think everyone hates the Lakers...prick.

tlongII
03-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Isn't news my ass. Just about every Laker fan on this board has been projecting Bynum's comeback as the end of March...

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Don't call me son, bitch..my father has ALS and is twice the man you are. And no..I don't hate the Lakers...I hate people who are arrogant enough to think everyone hates the Lakers...prick.

Calm down son.

God bless.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Calm down son.

God bless.
Arrogant douchebag...

xtremesteven33
03-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Wow....doesnt this give you dejavu.....

picnroll
Even if he comes back this season he'll be doggy poo. After the last injury he sucked donkey balls on the court for three months. But least it'll give the Lakers' fans an excuse until next year.

Spursfan092120
Isn't news my ass. Just about every Laker fan on this board has been projecting Bynum's comeback as the end of March...
House is an asshole who thinks that nothing bad can ever happen to his Lakers..that they're perfect, and when bad news comes out, it's not news at all..I'd hate to see him if they don't win the title..wow...he'll go insane.

xtremesteven33
03-10-2009, 05:53 PM
DrHouse is a douchebag

lil_penny
03-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Dr. House is a troll

21_Blessings
03-10-2009, 06:20 PM

I've been saying before the playoffs. That's all that matters.

Meanwhile Oden's status is 'unknown' and Bynum is right on schedule to return within 8-12 weeks.

tlongII
03-10-2009, 06:24 PM
All I can say is that if we have Oden in the playoffs (and I think we will) and we play the Lakers...we will TAKE THEM OUT!

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Bynum looks to be finished for the season.

Maybe he'll comeback for the WCF, but I'm sure the injury is worse than the Lakers are letting on.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Bynum looks to be finished for the season.

Maybe he'll comeback for the WCF, but I'm sure the injury is worse than the Lakers are letting on.
I was starting to wonder that myself. The timetable keeps changing, but Laker fans, like House, keep saying "he's on schedule." Hell no he isn't on schedule...it's been extended twice now.

Muser
03-10-2009, 06:48 PM
What people fail to see is that Bynum doesn't need to come back until the playoffs, which i'm pretty sure he will.

BUMP
03-10-2009, 06:49 PM
The Lakers can thank Kobe for showboating in a meaningless game against the Memphis Grizzlies and doing some bullshit falling down layup and slamming into Bynum's knee as a result. It's stupid shit like that gets teams in trouble. Ex. Jameer Nelson ending his season over grabbing a rebound away from Erick Dampier.

:lol

although ive been getting tired of SD, this one was pretty funny

TheNextGen
03-10-2009, 06:50 PM
I was starting to wonder that myself. The timetable keeps changing, but Laker fans, like House, keep saying "he's on schedule." Hell no he isn't on schedule...it's been extended twice now.

i dont think it'll make a diff till the finals. They hit the Finals last year without him...why are we so fixated about him anyways.

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 07:01 PM
The timetable never changed.

The original prediction was 8-12 weeks.

He's scheduled to come back in early April (~10 weeks).

You people fail at reading.

crc21209
03-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Uh oh here we again. This same thing happened last yr when they kept pushing back his return date until it was finally determined he was done for the year.

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Uh oh here we again. This same thing happened last yr when they kept pushing back his return date until it was finally determined he was done for the year.

No last year he had debris floating around in his knee that was misdiagnosed for months until his personal doctor in NY re-examined the MRI's and found them. By then it was determined he needed surgery to clear all of that out. If he had gotten the surgery right away he could have been back for the playoffs. Last season's injury was far more complicated than an MCL tear.

BUMP
03-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Timetable wont change

Supposed to play in April

You guys failed to read

i edited your post, and now its a haiku

crc21209
03-10-2009, 07:09 PM
No last year he had debris floating around in his knee that was misdiagnosed for months until his personal doctor in NY re-examined the MRI's and found them. By then it was determined he needed surgery to clear all of that out. If he had gotten the surgery right away he could have been back for the playoffs. Last season's injury was far more complicated than an MCL tear.

:sleep

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 07:13 PM
:sleep

Yes the truth can be boring sometimes.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 07:14 PM
i dont think it'll make a diff till the finals. They hit the Finals last year without him...why are we so fixated about him anyways.
I'm not really fixated on him, but without him, LA has no chance against us. Their bigs are the only thing that make them a little above us, but with Odom playing as bad as he's playing, and without Bynum...LA will be in trouble.

IronMexican
03-10-2009, 07:17 PM
This means nothing to Spur fans. According to them, Bynum sucked.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 07:21 PM
This means nothing to Spur fans. According to them, Bynum sucked.
Nah..Bynum is tough, athletic, and a good defender...matter of fact, without him, I think the Lakers are in trouble.

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 07:23 PM
You can't have it both ways.

Either Bynum is a scrub or he is a difference maker. Make up your mind.

And the Lakers don't NEED Bynum to beat the Spurs. They already did it without him last season 4-1. They've proven they can even beat BOS and CLE without Bynum. What Bynum does is practically guarantee the Lakers a trip to the Finals IMHO.

IronMexican
03-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Nah..Bynum is tough, athletic, and a good defender...matter of fact, without him, I think the Lakers are in trouble.

Well a lot of Spur fans called Bynum a scrub and a couple other things, but the moment he went down, I saw this posted a lot "this makes the Lakers beatable"

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 07:25 PM

And the Lakers don't NEED Bynum to beat the Spurs. They already did it without him last season 4-1. They've proven they can even beat BOS and CLE without Bynum. What Bynum does is practically guarantee the Lakers a trip to the Finals IMHO.
I never said Bynum was a scrub. I've always said he was good...once again, you can't put all Spurs fans in one hat and say they're the same. This year's Spurs team is MUCH better than last years...Without our injuries, we're the top seed this year...bank on it. With Mason, Hill, Bonner being a different player, Gooden (who we're hoping can help), and everybody pitching in, and a healthy Manu, this will be a different series, House..and if you don't think it will, you're more of a homer than I thought.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Well a lot of Spur fans called Bynum a scrub and a couple other things, but the moment he went down, I saw this posted a lot "this makes the Lakers beatable"
Well...then that makes them flip floppers...but I always said Bynum was good. Not so much on the scoring side, but the defensive side..and he's really athletic.

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 07:31 PM
It's practically a lock he'll be back IMHO.

The reason why I am confident in saying this is because the Lakers made no serious moves at the trade deadline to pickup a FA bigman. If Bynum was out for the year they would have at least signed someone.

jmanu20
03-10-2009, 07:32 PM

No team, in the East OR West, is guaranteed ANYTHING in the playoffs. I'm a firm believer in the "anything can happen" philosophy. If the friggin' Arizona Cardinals can make the Super Bowl, and the Rays can go from 100+ losses in 1 season to making the World Series, why can't an NBA team that no one even gives a second thought to make the Finals?

In addition, no one player is a ticket to the championship in ANY sport, especially a 21 year old with bad knees who is being paid 58 million BASED ON POTENTIAL.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 07:32 PM

The reason why I am confident in saying this is because the Lakers made no serious moves at the trade deadline to pickup a FA bigman. If Bynum was out for the year they would have at least signed someone.
Agreed...but it's possible that this becoming a possible chronic injury was something they weren't expecting..that's what's happening with Oden...Bynum's had knee injuries before. Different knee, mind you, but maybe he's just got bad knees.

crc21209
03-10-2009, 07:38 PM

Nothing, And I mean absolutely NOTHING is guaranteed in the world of Sports these days. That is why they play the games. You're only setting yourself up for dissapoint calling things a "lock."

Amuseddaysleeper
03-10-2009, 07:39 PM
dr house, check pm's

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Agreed...but it's possible that this becoming a possible chronic injury was something they weren't expecting..that's what's happening with Oden...Bynum's had knee injuries before. Different knee, mind you, but maybe he's just got bad knees.

Bynum will never stay healthy for the rest of his career. His knees are fucked and the Lakers knew this when they signed him.

I don't care really. As long as he stays healthy enough to deliver in the playoffs for the next 3-4 years is all that matters.

When Kobe retires the team is fucked anyways.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Bynum will never stay healthy for the rest of his career. His knees are fucked and the Lakers knew this when they signed him.

I don't care really. As long as he stays healthy enough to deliver in the playoffs for the next 3-4 years is all that matters.

When Kobe retires the team is fucked anyways.
I can agree with that...problem is, when your knees are fucked, and you're a big man, you end up on the bench with ice packs on your knees.

picnroll
03-10-2009, 08:26 PM

Lakers tried to sign Gooden.

j-money24
03-10-2009, 08:35 PM
unlike the blazers, the lakers didnt have to use the number one pick in the draft to get an injury prone player which tthey might have missed another jordan, not saying another jordan obviously but a possible hall of famer in KEVIN DURANTT.
I'd take bynum with the #10 pick anytime.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 09:59 PM
unlike the blazers, the lakers didnt have to use the number one pick in the draft to get an injury prone player which tthey might have missed another jordan, not saying another jordan obviously but a possible hall of famer in KEVIN DURANTT.
I'd take bynum with the #10 pick anytime.
Um...Bynum is injury prone, dude..

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 10:08 PM

So is Ginobili......dude.

Def Rowe
03-10-2009, 10:09 PM

That's debatable. Both injuries to Bynum so far have been kinda freak events. Odom stepping on his foot while moving, and Kobe falling headlong right into his knee. He didn't initiate the contact on either occasion. He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

cobbler
03-10-2009, 10:17 PM

Yeah.... anyone not prone to injury could have eaisly taken 220+ lbs falling on an extended knee and popped right back up. :bang

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 10:35 PM
So is Ginobili......dude.
Aware...but he was saying he'd much rather have Bynum than a guy who's injury prone..I was just stating that Bynum is injury prone also.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 10:36 PM
That's debatable. Both injuries to Bynum so far have been kinda freak events. Odom stepping on his foot while moving, and Kobe falling headlong right into his knee. He didn't initiate the contact on either occasion. He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
True true...but incidents like that can CAUSE someone to be injury prone.

Spursmania
03-10-2009, 10:37 PM
This isn't news.

OK:lol

Spursmania
03-10-2009, 10:47 PM

On the contrary, LA tried to pick up Gooden. Offered him more money than the Spurs. So, they were trying to pick up somebody. See Marc Stein's article and Gooden himself said the Lakers tried to pick him up. :nope

Spursmania
03-10-2009, 10:53 PM
I do believe LA needs Bynum to get past the Western Conference THIS year. I hope he comes back as does Manu and Gooden, so there are no excuses. Let the best team in the West go on and win it all! I, of course, am rooting for the SPURS.

DrHouse
03-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Stop lying Spur fan. You do not wish Bynum comes back. You saw exactly what would happen if he was back in the last matchup. It wasn't even close. The Lakers flat out decimated the Spurs so badly Pop didn't even bother playing his starters in the 4th.

The bottom line is if Bonner is on the floor he will get abused by Pau or Bynum. If you take him out and insert Gooden you now lose the ability to spread the floor and a great 3pt shooter. You sacrifice offense for defense and it ultimately becomes a wash. The Spurs depend on the 3pt shot more than ever this season. I will always put my money on the team that is generating high percentage looks around the basket than the team that has to hit long range outside shots. The Spurs will basically need to shoot > 50% for 4 games. Very unlikely IMHO.

Spursfan092120
03-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Stop lying Spur fan. You do not wish Bynum comes back. You saw exactly what would happen if he was back in the last matchup. It wasn't even close. The Lakers flat out decimated the Spurs so badly Pop didn't even bother playing his starters in the 4th.

The bottom line is if Bonner is on the floor he will get abused by Pau or Bynum. If you take him out and insert Gooden you now lose the ability to spread the floor and a great 3pt shooter. You sacrifice offense for defense and it ultimately becomes a wash. The Spurs depend on the 3pt shot more than ever this season. I will always put my money on the team that is generating high percentage looks around the basket than the team that has to hit long range outside shots. The Spurs will basically need to shoot > 50% for 4 games. Very unlikely IMHO.
Settle down, House...truth is, we are not going to lose in 5 games if we play this year. This series will be a hell of a matchup..we have some good players that we didn't have last year..some good roleplayers, which is exactly what we were missing last year...we'll be ready..trust me.

DrHouse
03-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Settle down, House...truth is, we are not going to lose in 5 games if we play this year. This series will be a hell of a matchup..we have some good players that we didn't have last year..some good roleplayers, which is exactly what we were missing last year...we'll be ready..trust me.

No the series will play out much like it did last season.

The Spurs will be able to shoot > 50% for at least a game or two and they will win those games. In the rest of the games the Lakers will simply pull away when the Spurs start clanking.

It's basic logic. The team that is getting open layups, dunks, and points in the paint will have an easier time scoring than the team that is bombing away from 3pt land. In the playoffs this gets magnified even further as the game slows down more and halfcourt offense is utilized more.

Nobody has convincingly argued to me how the Spurs can win 4 games in a series when they are giving up so many points in the paint to the Laker's front line.

j-money24
03-11-2009, 12:17 AM
yes thats not what i meant though, i meant that id rather pick the injury waiting to happen bynum with the 10th pick than waste a number one pick on oden..

ElNono
03-11-2009, 12:51 AM
What's the over/under for Phil saying 'Ask me in May' in April?

03-11-2009, 02:40 AM
Timetable wont change

Supposed to play in April

You guys failed to read
i edited your post, and now its a haiku

:lmao