PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Rambis disses Ariza

mogrovejo
03-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Talking about what he calls the unwritten rules of playing phycical basketball:

Speaking of that, are there unwritten rules of that kind of stuff?

Yes. There are things that you are not supposed to do. In the heat of the moment, those things do happen anyway, sometimes. You get your competitive fires going. I don't know why it happens, exactly, but players do things they would erase, if they could go back in time.

But you are not supposed to do, for instance, what Kevin McHale did to me when I was in the air. You are supposed to make a play on the ball. There are so many leapers in this league, so many basket attackers. Usually when the defense attacks, they attack the ball, and there might be body contact, but not just body contact.

Also, players at this level understand that elbows can be dangerous weapons, and most know not to swing them.

But they do all the time!

You do see it. But, for instance, if someone has his elbows up at his head, and someone's coming from behind, you're not supposed to swing them into the guy's head. If you hit him in the shoulder, OK, that's another thing.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-29-63/The-Playbook--Laker-Assistant-Kurt-Rambis.html

Here's hoping Ariza learns his lesson: if you're going to take a guy in mid-air down, don't do with a swinging motion on his head. Unfortunately, knowing this Laker team, I doubt this will happen, I can't see them ending the season without ending someone's career.

j.dizzle
03-10-2009, 05:23 PM
screw Kurt Rambis..I cant wait till Dr. Buss fires his sorry ass..Stevie Wonder would be a better defensive coach then that geek

j.dizzle
03-10-2009, 05:25 PM
http://aguyonearth.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/kurt_rambis_ass_sorcerer.jpg

revenge of the motha fuckin nerds

Ghazi
03-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Ahhhh too many Ariza threads.

As if Ariza is the 1st person this year to commit a hard foul.

But of course he is a Laker, hence the abundance of threads. :toast

mogrovejo
03-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Ahhhh too many Ariza threads.

As if Ariza is the 1st person this year to commit a hard foul.

But of course he is a Laker, hence the abundance of threads. :toast

I only opened this one to allow Lakers fans here to know what was wrong with Ariza's foul - and the difference between Ariza's foul and other hard fouls where the defenders grabbed the players shoulders and were classified flagrant 1s. Hopefully they'll respect the explanation of their own coach and stop pretending there was nothing wrong with the foul. Normally, I wouldn't care, as I didnt' care with Bynum's foul. It has nothing to do with the fact that Ariza is a Lakers.