PDA

View Full Version : Need a prayer for my grandmother

David Bowie
03-10-2009, 10:37 PM
My grandmother (88 years old) has very recently been stricken by pnemonia. She worked through and survived WWII in Russia (also being Jewish), the St. Petersburg blokade, 10 heart attacks, kidney cancer, diabetes, and constant high blood pressure. However, the pnemonia has really got to her and the outlook seems very bad. I am supposed to meet with a councelor and her doctor tommorw. I have been very close with my grandmother. I visited her every week in high school. I got sick after graduating from college, and she was very supportive throughout my own illness, which I greatly appriciate. In general, I have been extremly close to her over the last 2 years. She never judged me and I always had great fun talking to her on the phone or vsiting her for dinner or staying at her place. She was a doctor before she retired and helped out a lot of people. I would really hate what could happen. She is very sound of mind, and has been able to do some cooking for herself and some other things up untill recently. I'm not particularly religious, but I feel like there is a God out there and that God has heard me once before. If you could, please say a prayer for my grandma.

Thank you.

Veronica

ashbeeigh
03-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Your whole family is in my prayers. She sounds like an amazing grandma, Veronica.

Summers
03-10-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm sorry she's not doing well. I lost my granny about 6 years ago. Best wishes for yours.

Bigzax
03-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Godbless. I'll say a prayer for her.

Slydragon
03-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Hope things work out for you

marini martini
03-10-2009, 11:44 PM
You and Grandma will be in my thoughts & prayers.

BlackSwordsMan
03-11-2009, 12:32 AM
jeez 10 heart attacks

timvp
03-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Godbless.

SpursFanFirst
03-11-2009, 12:41 AM
Wow, really sorry to hear that, Veronica.

My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you and your grandma.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2009, 02:29 AM
I am sorry and I truly feel badly for you. Your grandmother is a strong woman, she has gone through more than most of us will in our lifetime. Remember that death is a horrible thing to have to witness, so try to forget thinking about negative things like that. Nature will run it's course and there is nothing you or I can do about it. I truly hope everything turns out well for her, and I hope you can find the strength within yourself to be able to cope with this problem, whatever the outcome. Be strong, I hope you are better.

mavs>spurs2
03-11-2009, 03:26 AM
I am sorry and I truly feel badly for you. Your grandmother is a strong woman, she has gone through more than most of us will in our lifetime. Remember that death is a horrible thing to have to witness, so try to forget thinking about negative things like that. Nature will run it's course and there is nothing you or I can do about it. I truly hope everything turns out well for her, and I hope you can find the strength within yourself to be able to cope with this problem, whatever the outcome. Be strong, I hope you are better.

You douchebag, the man simply asked for our prayers, and you come in here spewing your anti God bs. Telling the man there's "nothing you or I can do about it" is like a slap in the face, because he obviously believes in the power of prayer and thinks we can help do something about it, or he wouldn't have asked. That type of attitude has no place in a thread like this. No one is forcing you to believe, but this thread is titled "Need a prayer."

mavs>spurs2
03-11-2009, 03:28 AM
My apologies to the OP, I will definately say a prayer for your grandmother, she sounds like a wonderful woman, be strong.

ploto
03-11-2009, 09:13 AM
You are all in my prayers. Grandparents are a special blessing.

Summers
03-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Veronica, despite what Miami Heat says, if and when you have to let your grandmother go, it needn't be a "horrible" thing to witness. I'm sorry he said that to you; I assume he meant well. I watched 2 of my grandparents die very peaceful deaths, surrounded by their huge family, being told how much they were loved, having their hands held. In a way, it's a peaceful feeling, like closing a great book with a nice ending. I realize you're not there yet, and this is not the kind of advice you were looking for, but in case that's the next step you have to take, just know you can be there for her.

sonic21
03-11-2009, 09:42 AM
really sorry to hear that, i lost my granmother 2 weeks ago. You and your granmother are in my prayers.

angel_luv
03-11-2009, 11:38 AM
I prayed for your grandma and you, Veronica.

:)

JudynTX
03-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Prayers being sent your way.

MiamiHeat
03-11-2009, 11:47 AM
time to grow up people. nothing wrong with what i said.

mogrovejo
03-11-2009, 12:50 PM
She sounds like an amazing grandma, Veronica.

True.

Here's hoping everything works out for you and your grandmother.

Red Hawk #21
03-11-2009, 12:52 PM
She'll be in my prayers...

florige
03-11-2009, 01:08 PM
She has them. :toast

Taco
03-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Thoughts and Prayers sent out to you!!!

David Bowie
03-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Thank you all so much for your thoughts. The doctor said that it was a miricale that she lived through last night (she started going into heart failure.) He said that he was 100% sure that she was going to pass away. However, I was able to talk to her today and she even joked around and now there is some hope. So, thank you.

PakiDan
03-11-2009, 07:54 PM
You and your grandma are in my prayers. Don't take this wrong, but your grandma gives me hope!

2Blonde
03-11-2009, 08:38 PM
My prayers are with you.

Grandma's are awesome! My grandma taught me how to cook & when I was a high school senior, I went over to her house every afternoon to work on a quilt I wanted to make for my boyfriend. She was so patient in teaching me to quilt and I I had so much fun spending time with her. In fact, I named my daughter after her.

Xylus
03-11-2009, 08:42 PM
time to grow up people. nothing wrong with what i said.

I agree.

I hope your grandmother gets well, DB. I've never really had to deal with what you're going through, but I can only imagine how hard it must be.

ploto
03-11-2009, 09:34 PM
The doctor said that it was a miricale that she lived through last night (she started going into heart failure.) He said that he was 100% sure that she was going to pass away. However, I was able to talk to her today and she even joked around and now there is some hope. So, thank you.

One Christmas Eve, the doctors told us my grandma would not live to see Christmas Day. She lived to see two more of them. Hope it turns out as well for you.

2Blonde
03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
One Christmas Eve, the doctors told us my grandma would not live to see Christmas Day. She lived to see two more of them. Hope it turns out as well for you.

Alright, who said Ploto never posts anything nice?:toast