PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes (Bobcats Game)

duncan228
03-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Post Game Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_090310.html)

Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich

On the game - “It was a very good win against a heck of a team that had won six in a row. Coach Brown has them playing as good as anyone in the league. It was a wonderful win. Tony (Parker) continues to be aggressive and play as the All-Star he is. A lot of people joined him tonight and we played good solid defense against a team that averages over 100 points a game. Now we gear up for another game. They’re going to keep coming. The challenge continues.”

On George Hill - “He’s doing a great job. He’s playing fantastic defense. He hits the boards and is aggressive on the offensive end. The last two games he’s been on the floor at the end of the game, so that should tell you something.”

On the run at the end of the game - “We knew it would be a grind it out game. Neither team could get the best of the other. I think the turning point was when we got the turnover on the double team off the pick and roll. Then we made a couple of shots and the game turned our way.”

On Charlotte Head Coach Larry Brown - “It’s always special (to see him on the opposite bench). I missed him while he was out. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for him, so it’s always special to see him.”

George Hill

On what made the difference in the fourth quarter - “I think defense. We were making stops and we got in a rhythm on the defensive end. Coach got on us a little bit about turning the ball over and playing defense and I think we buckled down.”

On playing the whole fourth quarter again - “That’s just what they need at the time and I guess that gives me the opportunity. I take it one step at a time and try to make my chances the best I can.”

On if his defense gets him playing time - “That’s one thing that Pop (Gregg Popovich) loves about players is if they can play defense then they’re going to be out there, no matter offense or anything like that. That’s one thing that I try to bring to the table every time even if my offense isn’t there. I try to do a good job on defense.”

Tony Parker

On what he expected from the Charlotte Bobcats - “They’ve been playing very good basketball. Playing very hard and very physical, very typical of a Larry Brown team. They’re adding pieces and going in the right direction and they showed tonight that they can compete and they played good basketball.”

On Roger Mason, Jr.’s play - “I think he’s doing a great job. I think it helps him to get in rhythm to get his shots off because he likes to shoot off pick-and-rolls. Then in transition like that the more comfortable he gets the more his confidence going so I think”

On George Hill’s play - “George did a great job again on defense. He was physical and got some steals, rebounds, rotation, he did a little bit of everything covering for everybody. He’s a young Bruce Bowen. He’s doing a great job and on offense he made a huge shot to go up top and give us a cushion. So he did a good job and gave us good minutes.”

Bobcats Head Coach Larry Brown

On the game - "I just thought they really turned up the heat on us. They turned up the intensity defensively and made shots at the end of the game. That and we really got killed on the boards. I mean they really murdered us on the backboards and I think that was the difference in the game.”
“For three quarters we had a great chance, but then in the 4th they made three 3’s in a row and we turned it over too many times. We not only turned it over but those turnovers led to 20 points the other way.”

“We had a heck of a streak. For three quarters we played well enough to win. But the Spurs are championship caliber team and got contributions late from a lot of different sources. They have a lot of contributors on that team, not just Tim Duncan and Tony Parker.”

Raja Bell

On the game - "I think they executed down the stretch and we didn’t. We made a lot of mistakes…defensive coverages…and they made us pay.

On their first three quarters - "I thought we had been doing a good job…at least serviceable…enough to keep us in the ballgame. You can’t play a flawless game, but I thought we played well enough to give ourselves a chance, and in the fourth quarter we didn’t take advantage.”

After winning six straight, does this get you down at all? - "Yeah. We felt like we had them at our house and we let it slip away. And through three quarters here tonight we were putting ourselves in a position to come away with the win, and we let it slip. It sucks, but we got more games to play so we gotta get back and get ready for the next game.”

DeSagana Diop

On the game - "They were a little tougher than us. They came out hard. We settled for a lot of jumpers instead of going to the hoop. Mason got hot, too, and that hurt us in the fourth.”

On the turnovers - "Yeah, that hurt us a lot. You can’t turn the ball over to a team like this. They have Tony Parker who can really push the ball, and they just made shots in the fourth and we settled for jumpers that we didn’t make.”

You must have been pleased with your defense on Duncan - "Yeah, but it doesn’t matter right now. We were hoping to get the win. I think we did a good job on him…if you hold Duncan to 7 of 18, you did pretty good, but it would have been better if we got the job done.”

On the atmosphere in the locker room at half after hanging tight with the Spurs - "It was good throughout the whole game. Even in the fourth when they made that run, we still had the confidence that we were going to come back and make a run, but we were just unable to do it. You’re always confident going out there winning six in a row, and we just gotta start a new streak.”

Spursmania
03-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Nice read. Thanks:toast
Spurs played exceptionally well in the 4th. I hope Tim gets some rest for Thursday's game. He's going to get banged around a lot.

spursdotcom
03-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Don't forget postgame videos - http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/090310.html

:toast

Spursmania
03-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Don't forget postgame videos - http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/090310.html

:toast

Thank you :toast

Thomas82
03-11-2009, 05:20 AM
I honestly had no clue Desanga Diop could speak english.

I didn't either, until I met him a few years ago when was still playing for the Cavs.

urunobili
03-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Guys the post game Brett Brown interview with Bill Schoening is AWESOME... HIGHLY recommended...

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/20090310_brown.mp3