PDA

View Full Version : Late game lineup...

benefactor
03-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Parker/Hill/Mason/Thomas/Duncan

That was a kick ass lineup. Slashing play maker, deadly three point shooter, solid perimeter defender and great interior defense/scoring. It wouldn't do as well against the Lakers, but it's definitely one to pull out of the hat in certain situations.

completely deck
03-10-2009, 11:06 PM
TD/KT: Twin Towers version 2009?

(Before I get flamed for this post, I am in no way stating that KT compares to The Admiral)

Solid D
03-10-2009, 11:07 PM
So good. Key play was the double-team by Thomas and G-Hill for the strip and score to go up by 3. That set the tone for the rest of the game. No Diaw on the floor helped, though.

timvp
03-10-2009, 11:08 PM
The swarming D lineup of Duncan, Udoka, Bowen, Hill and Parker was fun to watch.

ducks
03-10-2009, 11:09 PM
brown with siting diaw was stupid
that is a big reason spurs won

wildbill2u
03-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Parker/Hill/Mason/Thomas/Duncan

That was a kick ass lineup. Slashing play maker, deadly three point shooter, solid perimeter defender and great interior defense/scoring. It wouldn't do as well against the Lakers, but it's definitely one to pull out of the hat in certain situations.

Yeah, but before that you had Parker, Duncan, Udoka, Hill and Bowen.

Sometimes Pop's creativity with his lineups is remarkable.

Spursmania
03-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Yeah, what happened-I wonder why Diaw sat out?

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Well we're only able to get away with Parker/Hill against certain teams, so we won't see it often for long stretches, but I love it..I was asking for it earlier in the season, so I'm happy Pop started using it a little while ago..

benefactor
03-10-2009, 11:11 PM
So good. Key play was the double-team by Thomas and G-Hill for the strip and score to go up by 3. That set the tone for the rest of the game. No Diaw on the floor helped, though.
Indeed. When teams go smaller this would be an excellent counter. Props to Pop on the adjustment.

Solid D
03-10-2009, 11:19 PM
If the Spurs play the Lakers and the Spurs go with Parker at the PG with Hill and Bowen at the wing positions, then the Lakers might try to exploit with Trevor Ariza going against Hill. That would be interesting to see. I say Bowen because I don't think Mase could defend Kobe very well at all and I'm not sure Hill could either.

timvp
03-10-2009, 11:20 PM
If the Spurs play the Lakers and the Spurs go with Parker at the PG with Hill and Bowen at the wing positions, then the Lakers might try to exploit with Trevor Ariza going against Hill. That would be interesting to see. I say Bowen because I don't think Mase could defend Kobe very well at all and I'm not sure Hill could either.Don't have to worry about Ariza. He's suspended for the game.

timvp
03-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Oh wait I forgot he was on the Lakers :smokin

Ice009
03-11-2009, 12:19 AM
brown with siting diaw was stupid
that is a big reason spurs won

Are you a Boris Diaw fan?