PDA

View Full Version : Screw Seedings! What Matchups do you Want to Watch?

der Kaiser
03-11-2009, 12:39 AM
There are a lot of series that I want to watch happen but I'll only post the main three that I want to see happen:

San Antonio vs. Utah
Portland vs. LA
LA vs. San Antonio

A Utah vs Spurs series would be what good old fashion slobber knocker and Utah would give the Spurs everything they could handle and I see a series between these two being 50-50. I actually think that the Jazz will eventually reach the second seed.

A Portland vs LA series would be great, there is bad blood already and it could only come to a boil in the playoffs. The Lakers would win but the Blazers would put up a fight in Portland. It would be Lakers v. Kings circa 2000.

SA vs. LA
Nothing needs to be said, other than it would be 2008 all over again. I still enjoy watching the Lakers play in San Antonio.

lil_penny
03-11-2009, 12:41 AM
utah and new orleans- battle for the top point guard

Yorae
03-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Ftl

IronMexican
03-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Lakers vs Clippers. Must watch TV.

Ghazi
03-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Miami/Cleveland-battle between 2 best players in game. Even though one is a wheelchair bitch who dont deserve his fraud crooked ring.

Boston/Cleveland-its gon be WAR
Givin da East some love!

SpursDynasty
03-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Lakers vs Blazers in the first round...Spurs vs. Rockets in the first round

Kai
03-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Rockets vs. Mavs

Blazers vs. Lakers

Utah raping the Hornets

Spurs vs. Suns

iggypop123
03-11-2009, 12:56 AM
how can the spurs face 2 teams in the first round?

The TroutBum
03-11-2009, 12:57 AM
There are a lot of series that I want to watch happen but I'll only post the main two that I want to see happen:

San Antonio vs. Utah
Portland vs. LA
LA vs. San Antonio

A Utah vs Spurs series would be what good old fashion slobber knocker and Utah would give the Spurs everything they could handle and I see a series between these two being 50-50. I actually think that the Jazz will eventually reach the second seed.

A Portland vs LA series would be great, there is bad blood already and it could only come to a boil in the playoffs. The Lakers would win but the Blazers would put up a fight in Portland. It would be Lakers v. Kings circa 2000.

SA vs. LA
Nothing needs to be said, other than it would be 2008 all over again. I still enjoy watching the Lakers play in San Antonio.

Oh man, an SA vs. UT series would be like watching two 90 year old women compete in a sandcastle building contest. No thanks.

I'd love to see the Jazz take on the Hornets. DWill absolutely owns C-Pee-3, and it'd be nice to see Willy get some love.

Then again, I'd love to see the Fakers in the first round too. The championship runs through LA, and we're going to have to face them at some point. Let's knock them out in the first round, and then troll the shit out of their boards...

I'd like to watch Houston play anyone, mostly because I like watching them lose.

As for the East? I could care less. I hope the Magic roll everyone, because I can't stand the thought of Duh-Wayne or LaBoner winning a ring.

Kai
how can the spurs face 2 teams in the first round?

They have 4 rings, faggot.:hat

ElNono
Utah has not won in San Antonio in like forever, and I believe we have a winning record in Utah since Duncan joined the league. They can be a tough, physical team, but we rarely had problems beating them, specially in the playoffs. The only concern for Lakers and Spurs fans is what kind of wear they can put on a team. If they extend a series to 6 or 7 games, it can be detrimental to that team for the next round.

monosylab1k
First round I want to see -

Lakers vs. Blazers
Spurs vs. Mavs
Jazz vs. Hornets
Rockets/Nuggets vs. The First Round

Kai
03-11-2009, 12:58 AM
First round I want to see -

Lakers vs. Blazers
Spurs vs. Mavs
Jazz vs. Hornets

Damn that first round. :lol

der Kaiser
03-11-2009, 01:01 AM
I wasnt really thinking first round matchups I was just thinking matchups in general. San Antonio and Houston would be good too.

dirk4mvp
03-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Oh man, an SA vs. UT series would be like watching two 90 year old women compete in a sandcastle building contest. No thanks.

:rollin

monosylab1k
03-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Lakers/Blazers is the one series I'd be most excited about. Then Lakers/Spurs, and another Rockets/Jazz rematch would be fun. I'd be excited about the Mavs if they actually had a shot at beating anybody, but they don't.

ElNono
03-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Lakers/Blazers is the one series I'd be most excited about. Then Lakers/Spurs, and another Rockets/Jazz rematch would be fun. I'd be excited about the Mavs if they actually had a shot at beating anybody, but they don't.

I'm not so sure the Mavs can't win a series against Denver or Houston... If they come out with a 'we got nothing to lose' mentality, like Golden State did a few years back, I think there might be enough talent there if Kidd and JHo play moderately well. Like the game vs the Spurs has shown, they can show up once in a while.

der Kaiser
03-11-2009, 01:13 AM
I think that the Mavs could take out Denver, Portland and maybe Houston.

der Kaiser
03-11-2009, 01:18 AM
I just took a look at SA schedule and I dont think Utah could catch them. SA will have to drop the LA and Houston game.

Kai
03-11-2009, 01:23 AM
I just took a look at SA schedule and I dont think Utah could catch them. SA will have to drop the LA and Houston game.

If they do that then Houston will catch them.

der Kaiser
03-11-2009, 01:41 AM
I havent seen houstons schedule, do they play the jazz again?

iggypop123
03-11-2009, 01:59 AM
id rather see everything play itself out. second round is when the promising matchups will happen whatever they may be

Kai
03-11-2009, 02:07 AM
I havent seen houstons schedule, do they play the jazz again?

Yep, 3/24 @ Utah. The Rockets probably have the toughest schedule remaining in the west, which I see as both a positive and a negative. Obviously, the tough opponents increases our chances of falling in the standings, but on the other hand, we control our own destiny. If we win our games, it directly correlates to the losses of our rivals (west playoff teams), as opposed to having a cupcake schedule and hoping that the other teams lose on their own. I also think that this better prepares us for the playoffs.

Remaining games for the Rockets:
March
Wed 11 vs LA Lakers
Fri 13 @ Charlotte
Sat 14 vs San Antonio
Mon 16 @ New Orleans
Wed 18 vs Detroit
Fri 20 vs Minnesota
Sun 22 @ San Antonio
Tue 24 @ Utah
Sat 28 vs LA Clippers
April
Wed 01 @ Phoenix
Fri 03 @ LA Lakers
Sun 05 vs Portland
Tue 07 vs Orlando
Thu 09 @ Sacramento
Fri 10 @ Golden State
Mon 13 vs New Orleans
Wed 15 @ Dallas (:p:)

Lars
03-11-2009, 02:22 AM
God our schedule is brutal =(

BWS-1994
03-11-2009, 03:09 AM

:lol

Currently, the Rocket's are in 3rd and the Nuggets are 7th.

Remaining games for the Rockets:
March
Fri 13 @ Charlotte

:wow

portpower_11
03-11-2009, 03:25 AM
Rockets vs. Mavs

Blazers vs. Lakers

Utah raping the Hornets

Spurs vs. Suns

Play Rockets in the first round? Nice, as they always try to lose in round 1

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-11-2009, 03:52 AM
Rockets vs. Jazz
Spurs vs. Lakers
Blazers vs. Lakers
Nuggets vs. Spurs

I'm just looking forward to a playoffs where all my frustration towards the Suns will be gone ahead of time.

layupdrill
03-11-2009, 05:39 AM
Good post.

I personally would like to see these first round, regardless of seedings:
East:
Miami vs. Cleveland
West:
Utah vs. Denver
LA vs. Portland

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-11-2009, 05:55 AM
I'd love to see Miami bust Lebron first round.

Rogue
03-11-2009, 06:14 AM
Rockets vs. Jazz
Spurs vs. Lakers
Blazers vs. Lakers
Nuggets vs. Spurs

I'm just looking forward to a playoffs where all my frustration towards the Suns will be gone ahead of time.
please don't gruel the rockets that hard :lol

djohn2oo8
03-11-2009, 09:44 AM
If it is somehow a rockets/nuggets series, since neither one has gotten out of the first round in a while david stern would somehow declare a draw

Flo-Rida
03-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Miami and Cleveland
Orlando and Detroit
Lakers and Suns
Spurs and Mvas

Flo-Rida
03-11-2009, 10:35 AM
I'd love to see Miami bust Lebron first round.
:toast

Sportstudi
03-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Lakers - Portland
Spurs - Mavs
Utah - Hornets
Houston - Denver

sonic21
03-11-2009, 10:50 AM
spurs/lakers
spurs/mavs
lakers/blazers
hornets/jazz

Darrin
03-11-2009, 10:53 AM
There are a lot of series that I want to watch happen but I'll only post the main three that I want to see happen:

San Antonio vs. Utah
Portland vs. LA
LA vs. San Antonio

SA vs. LA

This is not subject to seed or possibility. I just through the teams in a hopper to give us the best matchups.

LAL vs. Cleveland
Denver vs. LAL
New Orleans vs. Portland
Atlanta vs. New York
Orlando vs. Cleveland

TEAM HOUSTON ELIMINATED FROM SHEAR BOREDOM!

xtremesteven33
03-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Heat vs Cavaliers

Spurs vs Lakers

Spurs vs Mavericks

Lakers vs Blazers

Hornets vs Jazz

Celtics vs Spurs:lobt2:

coldsweat
03-11-2009, 11:10 AM

:lol

1Parker1
03-11-2009, 11:14 AM
--Lakers vs Blazers--Only team in the West playoff race that is as athletic and fast as the Lakers. Also, I think with Oden, they match up surprisingly well against the Lakers.

--Spurs vs Mavs/Rockets (though I personally would not like this matchup as Dirk is always a pain to guard and ditto for Yao and Artest)

--Hornets vs Jazz--obviously for the simple fact of CP3 vs Williams

pauls931
03-11-2009, 11:24 AM
would've like to see suns vs la but since that won't happen so

NO vs Utah
Spurs vs Blazers (preferably with that injured dude playing)

Dex
03-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Spurs v. Lakers.