PDA

View Full Version : Market loves Obama policies.

RandomGuy
03-11-2009, 08:37 AM
The Dow is up 5% in one day.

This obviously means that he is doing something right, because if he gets all the blame for the down side, he MUST get all the credit for the upside.

In yer face Republicans!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Seriously though and satire aside, pegging the stock market performance to every little thing the President does on a day in day out basis is foolish. If you guys want to jump up and down throwing feces when the market it down, then you are letting cheap political theater run your thinking at the detriment to actually coming up with viable policy alternatives.

ratm1221
03-11-2009, 08:43 AM

This obviously means that he is doing something right, because if he gets all the blame for the down side, he MUST get all the credit for the upside.

In yer face Republicans!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Seriously though and satire aside, pegging the stock market performance to every little thing the President does on a day in day out basis is foolish. If you guys want to jump up and down throwing feces when the market it down, then you are letting cheap political theater run your thinking at the detriment to actually coming up with viable policy alternatives.

Republicans are coming up with viable policy alternatives. Cut taxes, sit back, and let everything work itself out.

RandomGuy
03-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Yee-hah.

The markets are absoutely in love with what Obama is doing. YAY!

Up 500 points in 4 days. It must have been the funding for stem-cell research that did it, I'm sure.

RandomGuy
03-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Republicans are coming up with viable policy alternatives. Cut taxes, sit back, and let everything work itself out.

Not sure that I would call "doing nothing" a viable policy option.

But hey, it would have been fun to have done it 100% the Republican way on this.

That way, if it really went completely to shit, there would be absolutely no doubt how fucktarded Republican economic initiatives are.

Goliadnative
03-13-2009, 11:16 AM
There is some precedence that less is sometimes more.

The Great Depression of 1920 (http://thoolou.tblog.com/post/1970049539)

Extra Stout
03-13-2009, 11:56 AM
There is some precedence that less is sometimes more.

The Great Depression of 1920 (http://thoolou.tblog.com/post/1970049539)
You know, we didn't need massive government spending to come out of the 1946 recession either!

Ah, just the kind of essay I've come to expect from Republicans -- intentionally omitting contextual facts to mislead the ignorant ideological fellow-travelling reader into a false conclusion. The ones who know better are happy to go along with the ruse, while the typical anti-intellectual drone is easily duped because he's too ignorant to grasp how a rather significant world event in the preceding years might affect the economy in 1920-21. The drone also gets to believe that he understands the world better than those ejamacated peoples!

101A
03-13-2009, 12:11 PM
I, as a conservative and registered Republican, am absolutely excited, and cautiously optimistic about the financial news of the last few days.

Just being on record with it; I will never revel in our country's failures, nor will I root for failure; regardless of who benefits politically. I wish more Americans, from all political persuasions, felt the same.

DarrinS
03-13-2009, 12:18 PM
i, as a conservative and registered republican, am absolutely excited, and cautiously optimistic about the financial news of the last few days.

Just being on record with it; i will never revel in our country's failures, nor will i root for failure; regardless of who benefits politically. I wish more americans, from all political persuasions, felt the same.

+1

Goliadnative
03-13-2009, 12:22 PM
You know, we didn't need massive government spending to come out of the 1946 recession either!

Ah, just the kind of essay I've come to expect from Republicans -- intentionally omitting contextual facts to mislead the ignorant ideological fellow-travelling reader into a false conclusion. The ones who know better are happy to go along with the ruse, while the typical anti-intellectual drone is easily duped because he's too ignorant to grasp how a rather significant world event in the preceding years might affect the economy in 1920-21. The drone also gets to believe that he understands the world better than those ejamacated peoples!

Just thought it would be an interesting article to generate discussion. Since I admittedly don't have as strong a grasp of the subject as some on this board, I had heard talk about this event and was just interested as to how it compared to today's.

Budkin
03-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Couldn't agree with you more... it's insane the way the corporate media has been using the Dow as a measuring stick day to day.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 04:33 PM

Ah, just the kind of essay I've come to expect from Republicans -- intentionally omitting contextual facts to mislead the ignorant ideological fellow-travelling reader into a false conclusion. The ones who know better are happy to go along with the ruse, while the typical anti-intellectual drone is easily duped because he's too ignorant to grasp how a rather significant world event in the preceding years might affect the economy in 1920-21. The drone also gets to believe that he understands the world better than those ejamacated peoples!It doesn't look like anyone wanted to take credit for writing that one.

Yonivore
03-13-2009, 06:18 PM
The banks are reporting profits and turning away bailout money.

Notice how the Dow took a dip when Obama opened his mouth this morning? I assure you, this has nothing to do with anything Obama is doing.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 06:40 PM
:lol Why do you think they are reporting profits?
Notice how the Dow took a dip when Obama opened his mouth this morning? I assure you, this has nothing to do with anything Obama is doing.That may not be the stupidest thing you have ever posted, but it's still pretty fucking stupid.

You're an idiot.

word
03-13-2009, 09:31 PM

It means he shut his mouth and stopped doomesdaying the economy. President has to be a cheerleader. You can't preach doom and gloom and expect investors not to flock to cash and PM's.

Obama is now learning that. Not to mention, they are looking at that numbers now, soberly, and they aren't that bad. The market will come back. Always does.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 09:34 PM
:lmao

word
03-13-2009, 09:42 PM

flopping man needs 'context' or a
QUOTE FLOPPING MAN

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Not really. The whole thread is hilarious.

word
03-13-2009, 10:15 PM
So high and mighty aren't we?

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 10:18 PM
I didn't think I was coming off that way, but sure -- even after RG explained his joke, everybody went right back to linking the market directly to the president's every action.

It is hilarious.

word
03-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Presidents words don't affect the market ? What are you, a child ?

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 10:26 PM
"Directly" is the operative word here.

Bush kept saying the economy was strong during the selloff. According to your logic it should have ended the year over 20,000.

word
03-13-2009, 11:19 PM
I saw the word and I knew that was your fall back. What if Bush had said 'we're fucked' during the selloff ? Hmmm..chumpdumper...Oh, as I recall after 911 Bush said..."get out, travel, spend money...' after we all were hunkered down in our basements. Hell, day after 911 I went to a bar in Denver I used to hangout...people in shock....month later...still stunned but the day after...still in shock.

People NOW...think...oh..pffft..911...hahaha...but that aint' what it was like. Your memory sucks if you think that. Bushco said...'live your life...take that vacation..travel..spend...go shopping...etc etc...

You don't think what the prez says counts ?

People are afraid now...well..people that have money so maybe I'm speaking to the wrong person...what the president says, counts.
AND has an affect.

I'm in my fiddy's..I can't go out and run it up again, boy.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 11:21 PM
"Directly" is the operative word here.Read that again. It's not a fallback -- In typed it the first time.
You don't think what the prez says counts ?So the market went up after 9/11 in your world. You really were in shock.

word
03-13-2009, 11:23 PM
No I read it. The first time, son.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Well you just didn't get it then, son.

Not my problem, son.

word
03-13-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm 54. I retired at 42. You get up...go to your little job and move along.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm 54. I retired at 42. You get up...go to your little job and move along.I don't really care how old you are, son.

word
03-13-2009, 11:30 PM
And you shouldn't. But I don't have to go to work on monday.

You do.

For years is my guess.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 11:31 PM
If you call what I do work, son.

Doesn't help your reading comprehension either way, son.

word
03-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Male prostitute ?

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Do you really care, son?

word
03-13-2009, 11:35 PM
No. But apparently you have a job you're proud of. What is your job ?

oh...BOY

word
03-13-2009, 11:37 PM
?

What is your 'job', son ?

Tell me...tell 'us' about all of your 'life experience'.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Who said I was proud of it, son?

You really have trouble with the English language, boy. You might want to spend some of that extra time you have learning it, son.

word
03-13-2009, 11:39 PM
I never had a job I wasn't proud of. I guess that's the difference between you and me.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 11:40 PM
Who said I wasn't proud of it, son?

RIF, son.

word
03-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Who said I was proud of it, son?

You did.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 11:43 PM
No, son. I didn't.

You really suck at this, son.

word
03-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Ouch.

word
03-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Forget all that....what do you actually do ? What fills your day, that you can tell us. Clearly you hold a job, by your own admission...your pride in said job is up for grabs but that is neither here nor there.

What exactly do you do for a living. Me...I'm retired..tech biz...three kids...all grown and college educated for the last one in his freshman year. Lost one child...sad day..but I moved on...

So...about you...what is your 'life experience' ?

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Congratulations, son.

word
03-13-2009, 11:50 PM
I'll put it in for you.

Your life experience=jack shit

son

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 11:51 PM

Thanks for making the thread about me, son.

Sorry I got you so upset, son.

word
03-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Congratulations, son.

Yeah ? Is that so. You lose a child and I'll call out 'congrats' on you.

chumpdumper...at least you named yourself appropriately,

word
03-13-2009, 11:54 PM

Thanks for making the thread about me, son.

Sorry I got you so upset, son.

Who else is here ?

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 11:54 PM
I congratulate you on your good life, son -- but people believe what they want to.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Who else is here ?Don't worry, son. Lots of people want to know about me.

I have no idea why.

word
03-13-2009, 11:57 PM
I congratulate you on your good life, son -- but people believe what they want to.

I guess some of this is in order.

:danceclub:

:downspin:

:toast

:sleep

:hat

:ihit

:blah

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 11:58 PM
If my approval makes you feel good, son, go ahead.

word
03-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Don't worry, son. Lots of people want to know about me.

I have no idea why.

Because you have a nutty amount of posts that would reflect to most sane people that you have no life outside of this forum?

ChumpDumper
03-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Becaue you have a nutty amount of posts that would reflect to most sane people that you have no life outside of this forum?And somehow this is important to you, son -- well, retired folks can use a hobby.

word
03-14-2009, 12:01 AM
Perhaps you are a 'last word' freek.

word
03-14-2009, 12:02 AM
still....:lol

ChumpDumper
03-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Perhaps you are a 'last word' freek.Possibly, son. Seems important for you to know these things about me.

word
03-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Last word last word..nana nana....

Whooot....41 THOUSAND posts.

That's a sick cat.

word
03-14-2009, 12:07 AM
I've been here since...2004 or so and I have...1400..

How in the FUCK did you get over 41,000 posts ?

ChumpDumper
03-14-2009, 12:07 AM
You should see the totals under my other screen names, son.

Again, sorry I got you so upset.

word
03-14-2009, 12:09 AM
So, you're sicker than I imagined. Last word freek..change your name, girl.

word
03-14-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm just here for the last word. I'll check in..for months..years if it takes that....to get the last word on our wittle girl, chumpdump.

ChumpDumper
03-14-2009, 12:13 AM
A good portion of those post is dealing with people who want to know all about me and asking why they went off topic to talk about me.

Go figure.

ChumpDumper
03-14-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm just here for the last word. I'll check in..for months..years if it takes that....to get the last word on our wittle girl, chumpdump.Like I said, everyone needs a hobby.

word
03-14-2009, 12:17 AM
word...last...

ChumpDumper
03-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Is that just for this exchange or for every thread in the forum?

word
03-14-2009, 12:18 AM
bookmarkd under 'last word to an internet nutter:chumpdump'

ChumpDumper
03-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Damn, I'm really that important to you?

I never wanted to know anything about you, and would never bookmark a thread you were in after taking a vow to check in on it for months.

This is great!

word
03-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Is that just for this exchange or for every thread in the forum?

Hell i have no idea how you do this. Mind you I don't memorize members here or come here that much. Over 5 years I have..said post..1400+ and my understanding is this place was started around then, a little before, which makes you...pretty fucked up, so I'll bookmark this thread and now and then put you back in the shrink shop with my 'last word'. Should drive a nutter like you ...more nutters.

word
03-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Damn, I'm really that important to you?

I never wanted to know anything about you, and would never bookmark a thread you were in after taking a vow to check in on it for months.

This is great!

I have no clue about you here there or elsewhere. I just see that you are a nutbar with over 14 THOUSAND posts and that is worth watching. And, according to you, you have other clones here and that's just THIS forum. Hell, for all I know you have tube running down your throat for food and a shitbag on your hip boy.

You're a nutter. I find that entertaining.

ChumpDumper
03-14-2009, 12:25 AM
Hell i have no idea how you do this. Mind you I don't memorize members here or come here that much. Over 5 years I have..said post..1400+ and my understanding is this place was started around then, a little before, which makes you...pretty fucked up, so I'll bookmark this thread and now and then put you back in the shrink shop with my 'last word'. Should drive a nutter like you ...more nutters.Nah, I'll quit posting in this thread soon enough, and you'll wonder why you got so worked up when you see the bookmark in your browser.

word
03-14-2009, 12:28 AM
last word

ChumpDumper
03-14-2009, 12:28 AM
I have no clue about you here there or elsewhere.Exactly, but to make yourself feel better after getting butthurt on the internets, you sure tried to find out and then made some shit up when I didn't tell you.

It's fun for me, but I don't know why other people bother. Get into enough of these conversations, and the post count inflates pretty quickly.

word
03-14-2009, 12:29 AM
standing in line for ....

LAST WORD ....

You gotta sleep sometime motherfucker....

word
03-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Finally, chumpdump had to change the shitbag.

word

CuckingFunt
03-14-2009, 01:05 AM
Maybe I'll take the last word and really throw things off kilter.

Ignignokt
03-14-2009, 01:36 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

NO way, Cuckingfunt is a dude!!!

I knew their post resemble so much!!!

OMG, Chumpdump trolled the hell out of the troll forum making everyone think he's a she.

I get it!!!

Btw, this word guy is pretty good at this.

LnGrrrR
03-16-2009, 10:15 AM
The banks are reporting profits and turning away bailout money.

Notice how the Dow took a dip when Obama opened his mouth this morning? I assure you, this has nothing to do with anything Obama is doing.

In fact, at the exact moment Obama coughed, the Dow dipped two points! If he sneezes, it's sure to drop ten.

RandomGuy
03-16-2009, 10:32 AM
It means he shut his mouth and stopped doomesdaying the economy. President has to be a cheerleader. You can't preach doom and gloom and expect investors not to flock to cash and PM's.

Obama is now learning that. Not to mention, they are looking at that numbers now, soberly, and they aren't that bad. The market will come back. Always does.

God forbid we should have a president that talks to us like grown ups. Because talking down to us like we are 5 year olds, hiding things from us, and making us beleive in the tooth fairy are much more productive, right?

Meh.

The president should not be a cheerleader to the detriment of the truth. That is partly what got us here to begin with.

You might like being lied to, but I don't.