PDA

View Full Version : FYI, Roger Mason on Jim Rome radio show today

Blake
03-11-2009, 11:11 AM
he said sometime after the Spurs finish practice

Taco
03-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Sometime during the lunch hour 12:00 (cst)

http://ticket760.com/cc-common/streaming_new/launchpage.html

timvp
03-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Keep us updated when it's coming on. :tu

tmtcsc
03-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Jim Rome's a prick. I'm sure he'll spin it like he's a huge fan, always been a fan, say all the right things and as soon as RMJr is off the line, he'll go back and say something like....but they don't have enough to get by the Lakers.

I can hear it now..."That was RMJr, what a great guy and a great situation for him...he's gotta look back at the Wizards and say "man, that could have been me". Still, I don't see them having enough to get by the Lakers, even with Gooden..but they'll be competitive, they always are.."

Pfffttt...We got scoreboard and jewelry over everyone in the last 10 years.

Blake
03-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Jim Rome's a prick. I'm sure he'll spin it like he's a huge fan, always been a fan, say all the right things and as soon as RMJr is off the line, he'll go back and say something like....but they don't have enough to get by the Lakers.

I can hear it now..."That was RMJr, what a great guy and a great situation for him...he's gotta look back at the Wizards and say "man, that could have been me". Still, I don't see them having enough to get by the Lakers, even with Gooden..but they'll be competitive, they always are.."

Pfffttt...We got scoreboard and jewelry over everyone in the last 10 years.

Spurs fan hears what he wants to hear

:lol

urunobili
03-11-2009, 11:36 AM
can't wait to hear him on it... thanks Blake :tu

Taking it to the Hole
03-11-2009, 11:36 AM

:lmao :lmao:lmao That is so like Rome....the ultimate two-face.

completely deck
03-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Spurs fan hears what he wants to hear

No, really. Rome is like that.

Blake
03-11-2009, 11:45 AM
No, really. Rome is like that.

No, he's really not. I've been listening for 10 years.

He said in 2004 when the Spurs went up 2-0 that the Lakers did not have enough to win 4 out of the remaining 5 against the Spurs.

Spurs fan hears what he wants to hear.

dirk4mvp
03-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Jim Rome is the shit. If you don't like the jungle, you're a homo.

tmtcsc
03-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Jim Rome is the shit. If you don't like the jungle, you're a homo.

Spoken like a true jungle fag. Mindless fucking moron that needs to hear Jim Rome to know what you're own opinion will be.

dirk4mvp
03-11-2009, 11:49 AM
:cry

tmtcsc
03-11-2009, 11:49 AM
No, he's really not. I've been listening for 10 years.

He said in 2004 when the Spurs went up 2-0 that the Lakers did not have enough to win 4 out of the remaining 5 against the Spurs.

Spurs fan hears what he wants to hear.

Bullshit. He is like that. He's a frontrunner. Spurs lost that series and I'm sure he was sucking Kobe off afterwards. What did he say next ? That the Hall Of Fame team of Kobe, Shaq and Malone would be too much for the Pistons ?

tmtcsc
03-11-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm a Mavs fan. :depressed :hang.

dirk4mvp
03-11-2009, 11:53 AM
I have as many rings as you do.

duncan228
03-11-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm going to miss it, if someone could post a recap I'd appreciate it. :)

dirk4mvp
03-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Exactly Troll. Memphis Mavs fan.:wakeup Go away. You are the worst poster in this forum. Get a job or a hobby or something. Are you retarded? Or a homo?

Why do you keep quoting and following me?

stxspurs
03-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Will do

Blake
03-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Bullshit. He is like that. He's a frontrunner. Spurs lost that series and I'm sure he was sucking Kobe off afterwards. What did he say next ? That the Hall Of Fame team of Kobe, Shaq and Malone would be too much for the Pistons ?

he's like that because you say so?

please provide transcripts of where he is anti Spur.

I guess having Roger Mason on is just a smokescreen for his Spur hate.

:lol moron.

IronMexican
03-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Rome is the shit.

urunobili
03-11-2009, 12:08 PM
how long till he shows up?

Blake
03-11-2009, 12:10 PM
how long till he shows up?

there's no exact time. my guess is about 30 minutes from now.

he's got "Rex #20" on right now.......20 straight days of interviewing someone named "Rex"......

tmtcsc
03-11-2009, 12:13 PM
he's like that because you say so?

please provide transcripts of where he is anti Spur.

I guess having Roger Mason on is just a smokescreen for his Spur hate.

:lol moron.

No, he's like that because he says so. When did I say he was anti-Spur ? He pumps everyone who is winning and doing well but the next chance he gets, he throws them under the bus.

Have you not heard him do that before ? He'll have Spurs on. Why wouldn't he ? Like it or not, they are always relevant and have continually been one of the top 4 or 5 teams in the league.

He'll do the interviews and then the moment the Spurs slip or lose, he'll pile on with the tired 'Spurs are old' nonsense or something else.

You're the one who's too blind or moronic to see that. Apparently you hear what you want to hear.:rolleyes

crc21209
03-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Classic Jim Rome clip:

9HNgqQVHI_8

urunobili
03-11-2009, 12:19 PM
this Astronaut guy made the job sound kinda cool :tu

Blake
03-11-2009, 12:20 PM
No, he's like that because he says so. When did I say he was anti-Spur ? He pumps everyone who is winning and doing well but the next chance he gets, he throws them under the bus.

Have you not heard him do that before ? He'll have Spurs on. Why wouldn't he ? Like it or not, they are always relevant and have continually been one of the top 4 or 5 teams in the league.

He'll do the interviews and then the moment the Spurs slip or lose, he'll pile on with the tired 'Spurs are old' nonsense or something else.

You're the one who's too blind or moronic to see that. Apparently you hear what you want to hear.:rolleyes

ok, who has he thrown under the bus?

what exactly has he said that wasn't true or that he didn't preface with an "IMO"?

if you can't provide proof either you are lying or are too blind or moronic to use the internet to find it.

Blake
03-11-2009, 12:21 PM
this Astronaut guy made the job sound kinda cool :tu

great interview as usual.

hater
03-11-2009, 12:22 PM
fuck Rome

urunobili
03-11-2009, 12:25 PM
fuck Rome

don't be a hater, hater :wtf

Taco
03-11-2009, 12:30 PM
fuck Rome

THINK MASON IS UP NEXT

urunobili
03-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Mase next!!!!

hater

fuck that bastard. I remember clearly he talked so much shit about Pop when he critizized the Laker's steal of Gasol.

He pretty much said fuck Pop and the measly old finished Spurs. Fuck Rome!

crc21209
Roger Mason on next after the commercial break.

tmtcsc
03-11-2009, 12:39 PM
ok, who has he thrown under the bus?

what exactly has he said that wasn't true or that he didn't preface with an "IMO"?

if you can't provide proof either you are lying or are too blind or moronic to use the internet to find it.

LOL@ saying I'm lying... As if I need to make up lies to back up my feeling that Jim Rome's an asshole.

Hey doofus,

Why don't you find me proof on the internet that he's not a prick. Someone already posted a clip of him getting busted in the mouth by Jim Everett.

Most of what he says is his opinion, so he doesn't start off saying "In my opinion.." he just says it. It's not necessarily true or false.

I distinctly remember him saying how great and practically unbeatable the Lakers were when they picked up Gary Payton and Karl Malone. "NO ONE IS GOING TO BEAT THAT TEAM".

The Spurs then exposed the Laker's D in games 1 and 2 of the playoffs that year. He then goes off and says the series is over and the dynasty is over.

The Lakers responded, shut down Tony and beat us 4-2. Guess who the new, old darlings were ?

" Next up, DFish will be on to talk to us about that incredible shot with .4 secs left"

He also rode the Spurs jocks and said how great they were when they won games 1 and 2 against the Pistons in the Finals. The Spurs dropped the next 2 games by an average of almost 25 pts and he dogged the Spurs and Tim Duncan hard. Chokers, collapsing..can Tim win without David bullshit ? Can he carry a team by himself ? What will a series loss against the Pistons mean to Duncan's legacy ?

"Next up, Robert Horry to talk to us about that amazing game 5 !". Just frontrunning crap. Stick with an opinion. At least JT the Brick sticks with his opinion and doesn't flip flop all over the place.

:rollin dumbass Rome worshipper

urunobili
03-11-2009, 12:41 PM
come on Rome just fucking start it... :pctoss

benefactor
03-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Someone is actually defending Rome?

timvp
03-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Damn, that Rex interview must have been damn awesome . . ..

benefactor
come on Rome just fucking start it... :pctoss
For real...what the hell is he talking about?

spurs_2108
Alright, I didn't listen to the whole interview, but was it that FUCKING great to rant about it for 26 minutes already?

benefactor
03-11-2009, 12:44 PM
I can't take much more of this...

brettn
03-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Damn, that Rex interview must have been damn awesome . . ..

Yea, no shit. I only caught the tail end of it, but he won't shut up about it. Must've been good.

spurs_2108
03-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex

Blake
03-11-2009, 12:46 PM
LOL@ saying I'm lying... As if I need to make up lies to back up my feeling that Jim Rome's an asshole.

no, you need proof to prove that he throws guys under the bus.

your feeling that he's an a-hole is just your opinion.

Hey doofus,

Why don't you find me proof on the internet that he's not a prick. Someone already posted a clip of him getting busted in the mouth by Jim Everett.

Hey doofus, being a prick isn't the issue. You said he throws guys like the Spurs under the bus after he interviews them.

How has he thrown Spurs under the bus right after he's interviewed them?

Proof please.

Most of what he says is his opinion, so he doesn't start off saying "In my opinion.." he just says it. It's not necessarily true or false.

I distinctly remember him saying how great and practically unbeatable the Lakers were when they picked up Gary Payton and Karl Malone. "NO ONE IS GOING TO BEAT THAT TEAM".

The Spurs then exposed the Laker's D in games 1 and 2 of the playoffs that year. He then goes off and says the series is over and the dynasty is over.

The Lakers responded, shut down Tony and beat us 4-2. Guess who the new, old darlings were ?

" Next up, DFish will be on to talk to us about that incredible shot with .4 secs left"

He also rode the Spurs jocks and said how great they were when they won games 1 and 2 against the Pistons in the Finals. The Spurs dropped the next 2 games by an average of almost 25 pts and he dogged the Spurs and Tim Duncan hard. Chokers, collapsing..can Tim win without David bullshit ? Can he carry a team by himself ? What will a series loss against the Pistons mean to Duncan's legacy ?

"Next up, Robert Horry to talk to us about that amazing game 5 !". Just frontrunning crap. Stick with an opinion. At least JT the Brick sticks with his opinion and doesn't flip flop all over the place.

:rollin dumbass Rome worshipper

so when/how did he throw the Spurs under the bus right after he interviewed them?

I'll be sure to listen when he does just what you are saying he does to Roger Mason.

crc21209
03-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Seriously, can we fucking have the Roger Mason interview already. Rex this Rex that...wtf?!?!?! Even my gf was like...what the hell are you listening to? lol.

timvp
03-11-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm guessing Spurs practice isn't over and Rome is filling time.

At least that's what I hope.

brettn
03-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex Rex

LMAO. I really think that's all ive heard from him the last 20 minutes. I'm wondering if he's gonna get Mason's take on how good the Rex interview was.

benefactor
03-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Great...more commercials. I just wasted 15 minutes on Rome. I feel dirty.

spurs_2108
03-11-2009, 12:48 PM
^^^ No. Jim just interviewed his 20th guy name Rex in a row. I didn't listen to it all, but apparently it was his best interview ever. So hes going on and on and on about Rex Rex Rex Rex.

urunobili
03-11-2009, 12:52 PM
^^^ No. Jim just interviewed his 20th guy name Rex in a row. I didn't listen to it all, but apparently it was his best interview ever. So hes going on and on and on about Rex Rex Rex Rex.

he was actually the 14th Rex out of the goal they have of 20... from there they are discussing if he should keep interviewing more Rex's as after that one no one will be better than that...

The Astronaut was VERY cool... the interview kicked ass...

spurs_2108
03-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Actually he was the 20th. #14 Was Rex Grossman.

http://www.jimrome.com/home/calendar/thewhiteboard.html

tmtcsc
03-11-2009, 12:57 PM
How has he thrown Spurs under the bus right after he's interviewed them?

Proof please.

so when/how did he throw the Spurs under the bus right after he interviewed them?

I'll be sure to listen when he does just what you are saying he does to Roger Mason.

Rome loves him some Bruce Bowen because he played his college ball in California and because he has a great story.
He once interviewed him and sang his praises and of course took the obligatory 5 calls saying how great an interview it was and blah blah blah.

Just a few days later, he's asking Rip Hamilton about Bruce being a dirty player.

Another example:

He talked to Horry about his legacy and his Championships and weeks later he's talking about Horry throwing a cheap shot at Nash.

I already gave you examples of him singing the Spurs praises, interviewing the guys and how great they are and then calling them chokers when they stumble.

I know you'll be listening...it'll show up something like this: He'll interview Mason, talk about his story and his success. How he's fit in so well and it came after a career of really battling and trying to prove himself. He'll talk about how Mason has been able to provide good minutes in the wake of Manu's injury AND played some time at the point. He might even talk about his time with the Wizards and how it was his home town team and that it must have been hard leaving but that he couldn't have gone to a better team. He'll then ask about the Drew Gooden signing and that will be that.

THEN

In a few weeks, when you are feeling all the warm fuzzies about Rome being such a nice guy, the Spurs will stumble...maybe lose a game or two and may be in jeapordy of losing the # 2 seed. Then Rome will make some kind of remark about how the Spurs are fighting an uphill battle with the injury to Manu, soreness in Tim's knees and that they don't have enough to beat the Lakers. Hell, he'll start talking about the Spurs being in for a dogfight against the Jazz or some other crap and that the Jazz are primed to beat the Lakers.

urunobili
03-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Mase moved :pctoss

benefactor
03-11-2009, 12:58 PM
What a dick. He moved Mason twice already.

urunobili
Blake Griffin next

completely deck
RMJr at 1:20 PM

Spursfan092120
WTF? They're putting Griffin before Mase Dog?

crc21209
Fuck this bullshit I dont wanna listen to this asshole anymore this is taking too long! Now Blake Griffin is 1st THEN Roger Mason.

hater
u guys r funny

spurs_2108
At 1:20 Roger Mason will be on. He was moved again. Blake Griffin at 1:00.

Jim did say if he should chase #21 Rex, so this astronaut was #20

benefactor
03-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Someone will have to update me on what Mason says. I can't listen to this douche have his fans stroke his member through emails any longer.

Blackjack
03-11-2009, 01:00 PM
RMJr at 1:20 PM

:bang

:hungry:

completely deck
03-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Off subject, but did you get my PM, timvp?

Buddy Holly
03-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Off subject, but did you get my PM, timvp?

Maybe.

crc21209
03-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Finally Roger Mason after the break!

completely deck
He's on next

Samr
He said RMJ is on next.

urunobili
03-11-2009, 01:22 PM
u better make it happen Rome...

Keepin' it real
03-11-2009, 01:22 PM
I used to listen to rome a lot. But after a while, his anti-spur bias was evident. After huge, exciting spurs playoff wins...or losses, instead of talking spurs, he'll talk baseball or about other nba teams. C'mon man. When a perennial power makes the headlines, quit ignoring them.

I'm not asking anyone to agree with my opinion. That's the way I see it. He dogs the spurs by ignoring them. And when it's spurs vs. lakers, he always, always focuses on the lakers. I thought this was a national show, not lakers radio?

All that said, he has talent. Too bad he disses the spurs.

Taco
03-11-2009, 01:25 PM
On now

urunobili
03-11-2009, 01:33 PM
WHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT??????????????? wtf is this local shit ass commercial while mase is talking? :pctoss

4down
03-11-2009, 01:34 PM
:ihit
WHAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT??????????????? wtf is this local shit ass commercial while mase is talking? :pctoss

Yeah, this is WHACK!

sa_kid20
03-11-2009, 01:34 PM
WTF is this shit!

crc21209
03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
What the fuck just happened?!?!?!?!?

lakerhtrkev
03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
what a joke!wait around and that shit happens

completely deck
03-11-2009, 01:36 PM
I think its a problem on Rome's side. I switched to the Houston broadcast and they're at commercials as well.

timvp
03-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Nice going UT.

lakerhtrkev
03-11-2009, 01:37 PM
rome will go from ass kisser to backstabber in a couple weeks for sure!!!

completely deck
03-11-2009, 01:41 PM
"We know how important every game is"

"It's truly a blessing (to play with San Antonio)."

On going to Europe: "It put the ball back in my hands"

Took a gamble on either accepting $1+million to play in Europe or $45,000 (minimum $700k) to play for Washington. Chose to take the gamble because "it was more about basketball" and not money.

Spursfan092120
03-11-2009, 01:43 PM
"We know how important every game is"

"It's truly a blessing (to play with San Antonio)."

On going to Europe: "It put the ball back in my hands"

Took a gamble on either accepting $1+million to play in Europe or $45,000 (minimum $700k) to play for Washington. Chose to take the gamble because "it was more about basketball" and not money.
Mason is a monster.

Spursmania
03-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Guys got guts. Good for him.

lakerhtrkev
03-11-2009, 01:52 PM
mason is exactly what the spurs represent!

Chomag
03-11-2009, 02:04 PM
I was pretty excited when we signed him this summer and was hoping to see what all he could give our team.

The more I see this guy play this season the more I love his game,and his character. Even though he seems to be a really great guy he has veins of ice. I still get chills when I think about that shot he made to win against the fakers and doing that mock of Kobe's big ball dance.:lol

IMO he is our best free agent signing thus far in franchise history.

MarHill
03-11-2009, 02:06 PM
He definitely is a true Spur and I hope he retires here.

+1

I caught the end of the interview while I was driving and he took a calculated risk to play for the Wizards.

It's nice to see someone take advantage of a good opportunity. I hope it continues to work out for him here in SA.

benefactor
03-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Chose to take the gamble because "it was more about basketball" and not money.
Hmm. A little bit of double talk here. He stated in an article on MySA that the reason he signed a short deal was so he could be in the 2010 bidding. Hopefully we get a ring in the next 2 years because I feel like someone will overpay him in 2010.

Blake
03-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Rome loves him some Bruce Bowen because he played his college ball in California and because he has a great story.
He once interviewed him and sang his praises and of course took the obligatory 5 calls saying how great an interview it was and blah blah blah.

Just a few days later, he's asking Rip Hamilton about Bruce being a dirty player.

Another example:

He talked to Horry about his legacy and his Championships and weeks later he's talking about Horry throwing a cheap shot at Nash.

I already gave you examples of him singing the Spurs praises, interviewing the guys and how great they are and then calling them chokers when they stumble.

I know you'll be listening...it'll show up something like this: He'll interview Mason, talk about his story and his success. How he's fit in so well and it came after a career of really battling and trying to prove himself. He'll talk about how Mason has been able to provide good minutes in the wake of Manu's injury AND played some time at the point. He might even talk about his time with the Wizards and how it was his home town team and that it must have been hard leaving but that he couldn't have gone to a better team. He'll then ask about the Drew Gooden signing and that will be that.

THEN

In a few weeks, when you are feeling all the warm fuzzies about Rome being such a nice guy, the Spurs will stumble...maybe lose a game or two and may be in jeapordy of losing the # 2 seed. Then Rome will make some kind of remark about how the Spurs are fighting an uphill battle with the injury to Manu, soreness in Tim's knees and that they don't have enough to beat the Lakers. Hell, he'll start talking about the Spurs being in for a dogfight against the Jazz or some other crap and that the Jazz are primed to beat the Lakers.

Spur fan hears what he wants to hear.

transcripts please.

Unless you are blind or stupid, it shouldn't be too hard to pull them up.

3rd request.

stxspurs
03-11-2009, 02:20 PM
jungle karma!!

benefactor
03-11-2009, 02:21 PM

transcripts please.

3rd request.
You are still defending this douche after he moved Mason back twice to get lubed up by his loyal fans and to talk to Blake Griffin?

Fail.

dirk4mvp
03-11-2009, 02:27 PM
You are still defending this douche after he moved Mason back twice to get lubed up by his loyal fans and to talk to Blake Griffin?

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure most people would rather hear an interview with the best player in college basketball over an average nba role player.

tmtcsc
03-11-2009, 02:28 PM

transcripts please.

3rd request.

Dude, get lost. I'm not hunting down shit and that doesn't make me stupid, it makes me smart and you lazy.

Request away..I really don't care if you believe me or not. I've already wasted enough time even giving you the examples of him being an asshole.

Maybe one of the other posters in this thread who agree with me will humor you and search the internet for fucking transcripts or soundbytes.

Spur fan knows his shit and has heard enough from Rome to do his interview for him. See my earlier post, I'm pretty on target to what that dude is all about.

Blake
03-11-2009, 02:28 PM

Fail.

I'm not defending anyone.

tmthsjdkfc is saying that Rome throws Spurs under the bus. I'm asking for proof.

Rome was the one that called the Spurs to ask for an interview. They gave him Mason. Rome gave props to Mason for getting moved back.

why are you listening to Rome if you don't like him?

Blake
03-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Dude, get lost. I'm not hunting down shit and that doesn't make me stupid, it makes me smart and you lazy.

:lol why are you in this thread if you don't like Rome?

you are definitely lazy.

Request away..I really don't care if you believe me or not. I've already wasted enough time even giving you the examples of him being an asshole.

I'm not sure if you have problems reading, so let me make this as simple as possible:

you saying asshole = opinion
you saying throwing spurs under bus = needs reference

Maybe one of the other posters in this thread who agree with me will humor you and search the internet for fucking transcripts or soundbytes.

Spur fan knows his shit and has heard enough from Rome to do his interview for him. See my earlier post, I'm pretty on target to what that dude is all about.

Still waiting for Rome to throw Mason under bus.

Still waiting for source.

If it is so obvious that someone blind and stupid could see it, then it should be really easy for someone smart like you to find it.

4th request, however I'm sure it will ultimately be another fail.

Blake
03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure most people would rather hear an interview with the best player in college basketball over an average nba role player.

spur fan is not most people.

if the world doesn't kneel down before all Spurs, then the world is an asshole.

hater
03-11-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm not defending anyone.

tmthsjdkfc is saying that Rome throws Spurs under the bus. I'm asking for proof.

Rome was the one that called the Spurs to ask for an interview. They gave him Mason. Rome gave props to Mason for getting moved back.

why are you listening to Rome if you don't like him?

You are not a true spur fan.

Jim Rome called Pop a whiner that should shut the fuck up because he critizized the Gasol trade. and no I am not showing you proof. YOu probably a closet laker fan like your idol Jim Rome

LockBeard
03-11-2009, 02:50 PM
jungle karma!!

no.

Manu was on rome just days before this last injury.

Brutalis
03-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Every time I hear "Jim Rome" I think about that little pussy running from Mr. Everett.

tmtcsc
03-11-2009, 02:54 PM

Jim Rome called Pop a whiner that should shut the fuck up because he critizized the Gasol trade. and no I am not showing you proof. YOu probably a closet laker fan like your idol Jim Rome

He's a lazy Laker fan and a Jim Rome fan that is completely oblivious to the fact that Jim Rome stabs people and teams in the back. He's a 2 faced prick. One second he's propping up Bruce Bowen as a great defender and the next he's asking Rip Hamilton about Bruce's reputation as a dirty player.

YOU FAIL Blakey

kdaltcu
03-11-2009, 02:57 PM
You people take life too seriously, The Jim Rome Show is awesome!

Trimble87
03-11-2009, 03:01 PM

You people do take life too seriously... and the Jim Rome Show is garbage. I dont watch it because I think hes an idiot and the show isnt interesting. But I dont hate the guy or people who like him...

on a side note. PTI ftw.

AA2120
03-11-2009, 03:03 PM
hook em!!

Blake
03-11-2009, 03:04 PM

sure I am. I have a Spurs T-shirt and watch the games.

Rome never said that. No you do not have proof. Would not be surprised if you are probably mouse who is still pissed because Rome never let him on the air.

urunobili
03-11-2009, 03:06 PM

welcome to the forum! :toast

urunobili
03-11-2009, 03:06 PM
hater's issue with Rome is similar to mine with Mark Jackson :lol

tmtcsc
03-11-2009, 03:09 PM

I don't know about that. There was a time when he was the only thing on the Sports talk radio. I listened to him out of lack of choice. He gets good people to interview and does a decent job of doing his homework but the rest of him is just annoying.

The long stories that go on and on (that aren't funny), the backstabbing, the More of Me and Less of You attitude and the god awful pauses and rehashing of crap that goes on and on is just tired. That and his made up venacular are just tired. He's not as bad as the Sports Pig was and never could be. She was awful. She was the absolute worst thing on radio. She used to call herself the Sports Babe....please.

http://www.radioyears.com/photos/staff/WFNS_Nanci_Donnellan_bio2.jpg

Agree to disagree on Rome.

Blake
03-11-2009, 03:09 PM
He's a lazy Laker fan and a Jim Rome fan that is completely oblivious to the fact that Jim Rome stabs people and teams in the back. He's a 2 faced prick. One second he's propping up Bruce Bowen as a great defender and the next he's asking Rip Hamilton about Bruce's reputation as a dirty player.

YOU FAIL Blakey

I don't think you know when someone is failing or not.

5th request for a transcript of this or any interview.

hater
03-11-2009, 03:13 PM
sure I am. I have a Spurs T-shirt and watch the games.

sure you are :rolleyes

Rome never said that. No you do not have proof. Would not be surprised if you are probably mouse who is still pissed because Rome never let him on the air.

yes he did say that. I don't need proof. Why do you feel like you are entitled to proof? you either beleive us or move on. Stop asking for proof like you are a judge. I would not be surprised if you are Jim Rome's boyfriend defending him.

urunobili
03-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Stop asking for proof like you are a judge.

:owned

tmtcsc
03-11-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't think you know when someone is failing or not.

5th request for a transcript of this or any interview.

You are failing miserably. You want people to give you proof that Jim Rome said this or that. Now you're saying that he didn't go off on Pop when Pop criticized the Gasol trade ?

Do you even listen to Rome ? I want proof !!!!!!!!!!!

No one is going to give you shit. If you need proof, you go find it. Rome wants you to pay for his streaming archive so you can listen to his greatness. Go look it up on his site and go away.

FINAL REQUEST

Blake
03-11-2009, 03:22 PM
sure you are :rolleyes

what's it to you if I am or not? nothing to do with this thread.

yes he did say that. I don't need proof. Why do you feel like you are entitled to proof? you either beleive us or move on. Stop asking for proof like you are a judge. I would not be surprised if you are Jim Rome's boyfriend defending him.

I'm just pointing out that you are talking out of your ass if you have nothing to back up what you are saying.

knowing you, mouse, I would not surprised if you wasted countless hours on hold, thinking you were going to get on the air, just to be cut off at the last minute.

hater
03-11-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm just pointing out that you are talking out of your ass if you have nothing to back up what you are saying.

proof that disproves what I am saying please. :rolleyes

knowing you, mouse, I would not surprised if you wasted countless hours on hold, thinking you were going to get on the air, just to be cut off at the last minute.

and BTW what is your beef with mouse? he's 10x the poster you are or will ever be :lol

GoGatos
03-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Here's a link to where you can listen to the podcast...

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE PODCAST (http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/SANANTONIO-TX/KTKR-AM/ROGER%20MASON%20ON%20ROME%203-11-09.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=SANANTONIO-TX&NG_FORMAT=sportstalk&SITE_ID=694&STATION_ID=KTKR-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=SportsTalk_San_Antonio&PCAST_CAT=Sports&PCAST_TITLE=KTKR-AM_Podcast)

Blake
03-11-2009, 03:28 PM
You are failing miserably. You want people to give you proof that Jim Rome said this or that. Now you're saying that he didn't go off on Pop when Pop criticized the Gasol trade ?

again, you don't know what failing means.

apparently you cant read either.

Even if I didn't listen, I an pretty much guess that Rome didn't tell Pop to shut the fock up.

but if you have a link, I'll be glad to look at it.

Do you even listen to Rome ? I want proof !!!!!!!!!!!

I started this thread, dumbass.

No one is going to give you shit. If you need proof, you go find it. Rome wants you to pay for his streaming archive so you can listen to his greatness. Go look it up on his site and go away.

FINAL REQUEST

I'm not making any claims. You are. I don't need to look up anything because there is nothing to look up.

I'm not sure what part of this you don't understand.

Just because you keep yelling "fail" in big red letters doesn't make it so.

Request #6.

Blake
03-11-2009, 03:30 PM
and BTW what is your beef with mouse? he's 10x the poster you are or will ever be :lol

if we are talking quantity, that's probably true, mouse.......or chalupa.....or whichever one of you trolls it is today.

CubanMustGo
03-11-2009, 03:30 PM

apparently you cant read either.

Even if I didn't listen, I an pretty much guess that Rome didn't tell Pop to shut the fock up.

but if you have a link, I'll be glad to look at it.

I started this thread, dumbass.

I'm not making any claims. You are. I don't need to look up anything because there is nothing to look up.

Request #6.

Quit being such an argumentative, repetitious prick.

Request # 908798789728767862.

hater
03-11-2009, 03:32 PM
if we are talking quantity, that's probably true, mouse.......or chalupa.....or whichever one of you trolls it is today.

proof that I am mouse? see, who's talking out of his ass now?

Blake
03-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Quit being such an argumentative, repetitious prick.

Request # 908798789728767862.

quit being wrong all the time.

request #1

Blake
03-11-2009, 03:42 PM
proof that I am mouse? see, who's talking out of his ass now?

sorry, I don't have any proof.

you must not be mouse, mouse.

tmtcsc
03-11-2009, 03:43 PM

Request #6.

I can't believe I even bothered with this. You FAIL !!! :lol

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/61/l_aab3d9c315164c6da83a627124a96fa4.jpg

http://www.jimrome.com/home/audio_archive_list/basketball.html?f=8

You go pay money for this shit. I told you what I heard and here are the links to his interviews. Better yet, just go away Laker Troll.

Just because you started this thread doesn't mean you listen to Rome. That was just as stupid as all the other stuff you've been posting.

More than 1 person has given you examples of the shit Rome has said and you keep crying for proof. Just go away.

hater
03-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Blake, you've been owned.

Go work on your next gay Exercise Bike Blog Update :lol

Blake
03-11-2009, 04:17 PM
I can't believe I even bothered with this. You FAIL !!! :lol

I can't believe you bothered with it either since you don't know it means.

But at least you can spell it and put it in big red letters. Congrats for that.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/61/l_aab3d9c315164c6da83a627124a96fa4.jpg

http://www.jimrome.com/home/audio_archive_list/basketball.html?f=8

You go pay money for this shit. I told you what I heard and here are the links to his interviews. Better yet, just go away Laker Troll.

I'm not sure what part is hard for you to understand.

You made the claim that Rome throws Spurs under the bus after he interviews them. I have made no claims about anything. Therefore unless you say, "IMO", then it is on you to provide proof. Otherwise you are just talking out of your ass.

You are an idiot. I have proof.

Just because you started this thread doesn't mean you listen to Rome. That was just as stupid as all the other stuff you've been posting.

no it doesn't mean I listen to rome.

It also does nothing for you in showing that he throws Spurs under the bus.

More than 1 person has given you examples of the shit Rome has said and you keep crying for proof. Just go away.

Nobody has given anything other than their own opinion.

If you want to say "I was just talking out of my ass and it really is my own opinion that he throws Spurs under the bus" then great, we are done. If not, show proof.

I've lost count of how many requests. 7?

You are an idiot.

Hooks
03-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Anyone seen this? Cracks me up lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8BZjcP3qU

IDK how to embed it on here...

Blake
03-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Blake, you've been owned.

Go work on your next gay Exercise Bike Blog Update :lol

so you read all the threads I start.

Keep following me around, loser.

nkdlunch
03-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Blake, you either not too bright or highly stubborn individual

you fail to see there are numerous valid reasons why a wide number of spur fans hate Jim Rome. He has talked shit about Pop, talked shit about Spurs especially Bowen being dirty. Those are facts, you can ask for all the proof you want, noone is gonna bother to cater your dumb demands.

But I will be nice and give you this link. But I am sure you have seen that already and dismissed it all as false infomation :rolleyes

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67568&highlight=rome+popovich

Whisky Dog
03-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Sifting through all the whiny sissy slap fight bullshit to actually get to something useful within threads seems to be getting harder and harder these days.

JoshO501
03-11-2009, 05:02 PM
i cant stand jim rome or colin cowherd

Spursfan092120
03-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Anyone seen this? Cracks me up lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8BZjcP3qU

IDK how to embed it on here...
Here's the help

3s8BZjcP3qU

in2deep
03-11-2009, 05:11 PM
I agree about him being a broken record, and yes, he is a flaming Laker fan. Hate his ass too

vander
03-11-2009, 05:23 PM

you fail to see there are numerous valid reasons why a wide number of spur fans hate Jim Rome. He has talked shit about Pop, talked shit about Spurs especially Bowen being dirty. Those are facts, you can ask for all the proof you want, noone is gonna bother to cater your dumb demands.

But I will be nice and give you this link. But I am sure you have seen that already and dismissed it all as false infomation :rolleyes

+1 :toast

Blake seems aggravatingly incapable of accepting new information

Blake
03-11-2009, 05:36 PM

Thanks for the link. Here are several posts from the link you provided:

..... isn't bowen one of his (Rome's) favorites?

Yes. He scoffs at people who call Bowen dirty and has Bowen on his show all the time.

He sure as hell didn't yesterday, saying that the Spurs are not dirty, that they are winning machine, and even said that Bowen is a good guy and does his job well, which is to defend hard.

And a month ago he had Manu Ginobili on and worshipped him, saying that anybody who is not down with Manu has not a clue. He admires the hell out of the Spurs, Jim Rome does.

I'll listen to today's podcast later to see how full of shite you are. But even if he did rip on the Spurs, which I know he didn't, so what? :rolleyes

If you or anyone else need some more ownage, let me know.

:lol what a bunch of dumbasses.

Spursmania
03-11-2009, 05:38 PM

:tu

Sorry, Blake, dude but you're being pretty hard-headed. Many of us have heard his shit about the Spurs. You should just accept it an go on. By the way you just got :owned

benefactor
03-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I guess we will just have to accept that Rome and Blake were made for each other...since the name Blake is synonomous with being a douche.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110616&page=2

Blake
03-11-2009, 05:59 PM
:tu

Sorry, Blake, dude but you're being pretty hard-headed. Many of us have heard his shit about the Spurs. You should just accept it an go on. By the way you just got :owned

thanks mouse, or chalupa or whatever troll this is

Spursmania
03-11-2009, 06:04 PM
thanks mouse, or chalupa or whatever troll this is

Do you sir have proof of that?:lol
Lighten up, jeez...

GSH
03-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Nice. I want to hear, but I am at work. Dad gummit! Did he say around what time?

The ever-increasing length of your sig is a pain in the ass. I use the scroll wheel on my mouse to move down the page. Every time I run into one of your posts, I have to scroll... and scroll... and scroll to get the page moving again.

Not that there is any reason why you should care what annoys me. Just thought I'd mention it.

benefactor
03-11-2009, 10:25 PM
The ever-increasing length of your sig is a pain in the ass. I use the scroll wheel on my mouse to move down the page. Every time I run into one of your posts, I have to scroll... and scroll... and scroll to get the page moving again.

Not that there is any reason why you should care what annoys me. Just thought I'd mention it.
I disabled them all together because of this. It makes navigating the forums much less stressful.

tmtcsc
03-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Blake, there are countless examples of you being a totally clueless ass wipe. GO AWAY already. You are hopeless. You want a link ?

www.lakersground.net

Go play in your own sandbox. Jim Rome is a douche. You have been Owned..You Fail...all that stuff.

Dumbass

Blake
03-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Blake, there are countless examples of you being a totally clueless ass wipe. GO AWAY already. You are hopeless. You want a link ?

www.lakersground.net

Go play in your own sandbox. Jim Rome is a douche. You have been Owned..You Fail...all that stuff.

Dumbass

:td

weak

you are an idiot