PDA

View Full Version : Regressing toward the mean

Yonivore
03-11-2009, 06:01 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/obama_index_march_11_2009/208248-1-eng-US/obama_index_march_11_2009.jpg
He keeps it up and those lines are liable to cross.

clambake
03-11-2009, 06:45 PM
"Whatevers out there ain't no man"

"We're all gonna die"

CuckingFunt
03-11-2009, 06:49 PM
It's amusing to me that conservatives are somehow more surprised by the fact that Obama's not a superman than are those of us who voted for him.

Creepn
03-11-2009, 06:57 PM
It's amusing to me that conservatives are somehow more surprised by the fact that Obama's not a superman than are those of us who voted for him.

Exactly. I've notice that the conservatives are the only ones calling him the "one" or the "messiah".

Yonivore
03-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Who's surprised?

Yonivore
03-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Exactly. I've notice that the conservatives are the only ones calling him the "one" or the "messiah".
Oprah is a conservative?

Yonivore
03-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Seriously, y'all are going to deny there was an atmosphere of him being the Second Coming of Christ?

Ignignokt
03-11-2009, 07:23 PM
:lol progressives.

clambake
03-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Seriously, y'all are going to deny there was an atmosphere of him being the Second Coming of Christ?

i didn't know you felt that way.

Ignignokt
03-11-2009, 07:32 PM

Did it hurt when you fainted?

clambake
03-11-2009, 07:35 PM

i didn't buy the first story.

you fell for it twice.

Yonivore
03-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Just a witness to freak show...just a witness.

clambake
03-11-2009, 07:36 PM
for you, going to a gas station is a freak show.

Yonivore
03-11-2009, 07:39 PM
for you, going to a gas station is a freak show.
Only when I get threatened for simply being white. What's the matter, you finding it hard to stay on the subject of Obama's falling from grace?

Wild Cobra
03-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Liable too?

I am a solid believer they will cross, and keep going!

clambake
03-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Only when I get threatened for simply being white.
are you jealous of all the other white people that were around?

What's the matter, you finding it hard to stay on the subject of Obama's falling from grace?
you should never have idolized him that way. we didn't.

clambake
03-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Liable too?

I am a solid believer they will cross, and keep going!

are other stalkers "solid believers"?

baseline bum
03-11-2009, 07:54 PM

Created by your side. You guys are great at it, with the way you made Bush into a god-like figure who couldn't be questioned (unless you hated America).

Yonivore
03-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Created by your side. You guys are great at it, with the way you made Bush into a god-like figure who couldn't be questioned (unless you hated America).
Yeah, dream on. We were trying to tell the truth about Obama and couldn't be heard through all the worshipping.

ChumpDumper
03-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Seriously, y'all are going to deny there was an atmosphere of him being the Second Coming of Christ?Why do you hate Jesus?

Yonivore
03-11-2009, 08:16 PM
In Harris Hero Poll, Obama First, Jesus Second (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/michael-m-bates/2009/02/20/harris-hero-poll-obama-first-jesus-second)

ChumpDumper
03-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Not everyone is a Christian, dipshit.

ChumpDumper
03-11-2009, 08:18 PM
I love Yoni's impotent ranting though.

It's not a crime to hate America, so you go, girl!

baseline bum
03-11-2009, 08:18 PM
In Harris Hero Poll, Obama First, Jesus Second (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/michael-m-bates/2009/02/20/harris-hero-poll-obama-first-jesus-second)

Was Santa third? Easter Bunny 4th? Cupid 5th?

Yonivore
03-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Chris Matthews Gushes: "Obama Comes Along, And...This Is The New Testament" (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/06/chris-matthews-gushes-o_n_85265.html)

ChumpDumper
03-11-2009, 08:33 PM
So no one actually thinks he is Jesus.

Yonivore
03-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Sculpture of Obama as Jesus causes stir (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17927102/)

"All of this is a response to what I've been witnessing and hearing, this idea that Barack is sort of a potential savior that might come and absolve the country of all its sins," Cordero said. "In a lot of ways it's about caution in assigning all these inflated expectations on one individual, and expecting them to change something that many hands have shaped."

Yonivore
03-11-2009, 08:36 PM
"I Will Follow Him": Obama As My Personal Jesus (http://www.smithsophian.com/media/storage/paper587/news/2008/09/18/Opinions/i.Will.Follow.Him.Obama.As.My.Personal.Jesus-3440311-page2.shtml)

Yonivore
03-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Obama and the Myth of the Black Messiah (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1858897,00.html)

Cant_Be_Faded
03-11-2009, 08:37 PM

What myopic people like you go out of your way to ignore is that half of that atmosphere was created by haters like you. I'm sure a quick search of each political posters Obama Messiahisms will have you ranked near the top.

ChumpDumper
03-11-2009, 08:39 PM
"I Will Follow Him": Obama As My Personal Jesus (http://www.smithsophian.com/media/storage/paper587/news/2008/09/18/Opinions/i.Will.Follow.Him.Obama.As.My.Personal.Jesus-3440311-page2.shtml):lmao

Maggie Mertens?

Yonivore
03-11-2009, 08:40 PM
What myopic people like you go out of your way to ignore is that half of that atmosphere was created by haters like you. I'm sure a quick search of each political posters Obama Messiahisms will have you ranked near the top.
Go ahead, do the search -- I don't think you will; but, I wasn't even referring to this forum.

Yonivore
03-11-2009, 08:42 PM
I think I was saying stuff like, "There's no way this idiot can live up to the expectations being built by his supporters."

Not that he was doing anything to disabuse them of thier belief in him.

Stuff like that.

balli
03-11-2009, 08:44 PM
He's still my personal lord and savior.

ChumpDumper
03-11-2009, 08:46 PM
I think I was saying stuff like, "There's no way this idiot can live up to the expectations being built by his supporters."

Stuff like that.Did you write this one Yoni?

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/d0/f1/ee5f228348a0f396f1010110.L.jpg

Or will you pretend that you wrote it now that you've seen it?

http://www.amazon.com/Messiah-Chosen-Republican-President-America/dp/B000MK68MM

Cant_Be_Faded
03-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Go ahead, do the search -- I don't think you will; but, I wasn't even referring to this forum.

And I was just using it as an example. The entire backdrop to the obamessiah worshippers were more bull shitters like you who went out of your way and took your time to point out every little instance this guy was being hyped, inevitably inventing and fabricating more bull shit in the process.

And my theory for the reason is people like you, with the gene in their DNA for being a ratfuck neocon, just can't stand it that someone else with a different ideology is being forced down your throat. You're no different than boutons_________ saying W was responsible for Katrina. And you know it.

Yonivore
03-11-2009, 08:53 PM
And I was just using it as an example. The entire backdrop to the obamessiah worshippers were more bull shitters like you who went out of your way and took your time to point out every little instance this guy was being hyped, inevitably inventing and fabricating more bull shit in the process.
He was being hyped on every channel and in every major newspaper. I was hard to fucking avoid.

And my theory for the reason is people like you, with the gene in their DNA for being a ratfuck neocon, just can't stand it that someone else with a different ideology is being forced down your throat. You're no different than boutons_________ saying W was responsible for Katrina. And you know it.
I never said Obama was responsible for the hype..but, it existed. Now, those that hyped him are getting a dose of reality and, in some cases, have a severe case of buyer's remorse.

ChumpDumper
03-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Things aren't as bad as Yoni thinks, but he hopes they will get worse.

Because he hates America.

Bartleby
03-11-2009, 08:57 PM

I never said Obama was responsible for the hype..but, it existed.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Yonivore, noone here with a level head is going to doubt the media was hyping him out the ass. If that was your intent, to dispel the media's obama messiah christening, then maybe you should have clarified in the starting post.

But, it seemed to me, that you meant the nation in general.
If that is the case, then just accept it man, most people who voted for Obama did so for other reasons than him being their black jesus.

MannyIsGod
03-11-2009, 09:52 PM
I guess this past falls poll reading lessons didn't sink in and no matter how many selective polls you pull out of context you can't change the actual sitaution.

http://www.pollster.com/polls/us/jobapproval-obama.php
http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

The last time you guys started posting these type of polls Obama went TV and gave a national address and moved the ratings right back up.

I guess beggar's can't be choosers, though. Its not like you have a lot of good news to pick from. Take your thrills where you can get them, Yoni.

I just have one question. Why do you hate America?

Cant_Be_Faded
03-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Tis odd, is it not, that in these days of the fall of our empire, a boutons____________ and a yonivore are like identical twins?

PixelPusher
03-11-2009, 10:00 PM
I guess this past falls poll reading lessons didn't sink in and no matter how many selective polls you pull out of context you can't change the actual sitaution.

Yeah, but cherrypicking polls can be so much fun.

Obama Preferred Over Reagan -- In Fox News Poll
(http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/03/obama-preferred-over-reagan----in-fox-news-poll.php)
Are we still a center-right nation, as many Republicans continue to insist? And can the GOP revive itself through a return to the spirit of Ronald Reagan, as Rush Limbaugh has said?

Check out this question from the new Fox News poll (http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/030509_Poll.pdf): "What do you think the nation's economy needs more of right now -- the economic policies of Ronald Reagan or the economic policies of Barack Obama?"

The answer: Obama 49%, Reagan 40%.

Late Update: Some other interesting observations about this whole poll, after the jump.

The poll also contains some really interesting questions about taxes, which in total make even clearer a classic rule of polling: It can all depend on how the question is phrased.

Check out this question, clearly intended to get an answer that voters prefer low taxes and smaller government: "Which of the following statements do you agree with more? 1. I'd rather pay higher taxes to support a larger government that provides more services. 2. I'd rather pay lower taxes and have a smaller government that provides fewer services."

The answer: 35% for high taxes and bigger government, and 55% for low taxes and smaller government. But take a close look: The question's message is that you, the respondent hearing this question over the phone, are going to be personally paying higher or lower taxes.

On the other hand, take a look at these two questions about progressive taxation: "Do you support or oppose raising taxes on households earning over $250,000 a year and, at the same time, lowering taxes for most other households?" The answer: Support 66%, Oppose 30%. Even 41% of Republicans like the idea.

And this one -- also noted by Greg Sargent: "Do you think asking the wealthiest Americans to pay more in taxes is a good idea because it levels the economic and social playing field, or a bad idea because it punishes hard work and success?" Good idea 55%, Bad idea 39% -- with 29% support from Republicans.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2009, 02:26 AM
I guess this is the point where board Republicans go back to saying polls are meaningless.

LnGrrrR
03-12-2009, 07:26 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/obama_index_march_11_2009/208248-1-eng-US/obama_index_march_11_2009.jpg

I want to see if he can make it all the way down to 28% approval rating.

RandomGuy
03-12-2009, 07:58 AM

Did it hurt when you posted that thread about Obama saying something that you were told was stupid, but really showed how ignorant you are about Iraq?

101A
03-12-2009, 08:01 AM
Check out this question, clearly intended to get an answer that voters prefer low taxes and smaller government: "Which of the following statements do you agree with more? 1. I'd rather pay higher taxes to support a larger government that provides more services. 2. I'd rather pay lower taxes and have a smaller government that provides fewer services."

The answer: 35% for high taxes and bigger government, and 55% for low taxes and smaller government. But take a close look: The question's message is that you, the respondent hearing this question over the phone, are going to be personally paying higher or lower taxes.

On the other hand, take a look at these two questions about progressive taxation: "Do you support or oppose raising taxes on households earning over $250,000 a year and, at the same time, lowering taxes for most other households?" The answer: Support 66%, Oppose 30%. Even 41% of Republicans like the idea.

And this one -- also noted by Greg Sargent: "Do you think asking the wealthiest Americans to pay more in taxes is a good idea because it levels the economic and social playing field, or a bad idea because it punishes hard work and success?" Good idea 55%, Bad idea 39% -- with 29% support from Republicans.

People want to force others to pay to get us out of this mess?

Big surprise, that.

RandomGuy
03-12-2009, 08:08 AM
Now, those that hyped him are getting a dose of reality and, in some cases, have a severe case of buyer's remorse.

I would agree with this analysis.

The qualifier there that makes it valid: "in some cases".

I haven't talked to anybody in that group yet, but I am sure there are some who had unreasonable expectations.

Here is some of my own analysis:

It suits conservatives' purposes to imply that most, if not all, Obama supporters are niaive, starry-eyed hero worshipers.

I, for one, knew for a fact that I would not 100% approve of everything he would do once elected, and MOST Obama supporters I spoke to about it pretty much acknowledged that, however grudgingly.

What conservatives would have everybody forget, is how sucky the McCain/PALIN ticket was.

Obama WILL make mistakes. Obama WILL do things that I personally won't like.

Obama WILL ALWAYS be a better president than McCain.

I have absolutely no buyers remorse. The only other option in that election sucked ass, and I will never regret my choice.

micca
03-12-2009, 08:43 PM

http://www.pollster.com/polls/us/jobapproval-obama.php
http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

The last time you guys started posting these type of polls Obama went TV and gave a national address and moved the ratings right back up.

I guess beggar's can't be choosers, though. Its not like you have a lot of good news to pick from. Take your thrills where you can get them, Yoni.

I just have one question. Why do you hate America?

You pathetic motherfukers are whisteling past the graveyard, The Obama administration is falling like a house of cards democrat politicians are doing just what alot of Obama supporters are doing looking for ways to distance themselves from him.

word
03-13-2009, 08:59 PM

Way to run from that moniker. Oprah called him, 'The One'. Funny how the liberals are running from Obama. He's all mindless smoke and mirrors. The cult elected him. He's not my president. Us repugs were left with a terrible choice...a rock and hard place. John McCain and Sarah Palin or Obama and the nuttiest dude ever to be a VP. Hell it'll all work out...always does...Dems will get sliced and diced in 2010 and it all balances out.

Creepn
03-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Way to run from that moniker. Oprah called him, 'The One'. Funny how the liberals are running from Obama. He's all mindless smoke and mirrors. The cult elected him. He's not my president. Us repugs were left with a terrible choice...a rock and hard place. John McCain and Sarah Palin or Obama and the nuttiest dude ever to be a VP. Hell it'll all work out...always does...Dems will get sliced and diced in 2010 and it all balances out.

Not running from anything. I don't really pay much attention to Oprah so I never heard her say that. The only time I heard it were from the repubs. I mean, repubs say it soooo damn much that it absolutely dwarfs the liberals ever calling him names like that.

I understand how you have to imagine liberals running away so you can cope with the huge massive fallout of your Republican party. You had a terrible choice and guess what, your party will continue to leave you terrible choices. You're definantly in a hard place.

baseline bum
03-14-2009, 02:23 AM

You watch Oprah?

Ignignokt
03-14-2009, 03:12 AM
You watch Oprah?

Manhood attack in 3...2....1..

RandomGuy
11-11-2016, 01:46 PM

and with that... 8 years pass.

I guess we will get to see how much Trump is worshipped.