PDA

View Full Version : Shaq wants out of Phoenix

NBAdime
03-11-2009, 06:29 PM
The Los Angeles Times reported that center Shaquille O'Neal "is saying privately he wants out" of Phoenix because the Suns pondered trading him last month and/or because they returned to their up-tempo offense. He declined comment Monday morning.
"That's intangible stuff," guard Steve Nash said. "It's hard to quantify. I hope he's not unhappy. We just want him to be happy, feeling good about himself and ready to play."

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-11-2009, 06:31 PM
I'll believe this when a source other than the LA times reports it.

NBAdime
03-11-2009, 06:33 PM
I'll believe this when a source other than the LA times reports it.

Believe it...(trust me :-) ) He is just being a big kid tho...he has been pissy since after the deadline.

phyzik
03-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Didnt one of the S.A. media ask him if he would consider playing alongside Duncan in the Spurs? I think he kept saying "negative" while the guy was asking the question, then he stop and said something like "If we played together we could finish our career's with the same amount of rings..... I'll have to think about that."

Dont read too much into it, he was probably just joking, but you never know with Shaq. Spurs fans may not like it but Timmy, Pop and Shaq are pretty cool with eachother.

NBAdime
03-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Shaq is letting his pride get the best of him plus...if suns were winning he would not care about them "pondering" about trading him. I just think he wants to be somewhere where the spotlight is.

sook
03-11-2009, 06:57 PM
i don't really...buy it

dallaskd
03-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Should have pulled Stack+Damp+Scrub for Shaq

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Should have pulled Stack+Damp+Scrub for Shaq

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Even Kerr is smart enough to not touch Damp with a 10 foot pole.

NBAdime
03-11-2009, 07:01 PM
I don't know why there were so many rumors about him "being traded to cavs". Suns were going for the blazers, they were not even thinking about the do-no-not-trade-within-conference bull.

Indazone
03-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Shaq on the MAVS would have made them bearable to watch. Would have been fun. :tu

The Franchise
03-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Does it really matter anymore?

IronMexican
03-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Everyone on that team has officially given up. Shaq seemed like one of the few trying on both ends toward the end.

Whisky Dog
03-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Where is he going to go with an albatross contract like that? It's recession time and there's only one Steve Kerr.

If he truly wants out he'll negotiate a buyout with the Suns for way under contract value and then sign for cheap somewhere else. Don't think he wants his freedom from the Sun that badly.

NBAdime
03-11-2009, 07:11 PM
He just wants attention hence the Shaq hate tour plus this childish "hooow daaare theyyy THINK of trading meeeee!!!!!" It's like dude, did you not know you were in the NBA?

crc21209
03-11-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm so sure he only wants out because they used him as trade bait or because of the uptempo style. He wants out because the team sucks, theyre not gonna make the playoffs, and because he probably realizes now he can't lead a team like he used to, he's going to have to hop on a train somewhere from now on.

m33p0
03-11-2009, 07:19 PM
don't be so shocked. he is always the first one to want out when things go sour.

cobbler
03-11-2009, 07:21 PM
This isn't earth shattering news. The Big Egotistical has done this on every team he has played for. It's all good until he feels disrespected. Up next are all the comments how well he's playing and if they would have just given him more touches they would be playoff bound followed by trashing the organization, coaches, and a few cosen players. Been there.... Yawn!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-11-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm still laughing at the Mavs fan who thought the Suns would trade Shaq for the Eric Dampier poo poo platter.

NBAdime
03-11-2009, 07:25 PM
I can't believe ...I'm nostalgic for the days of Marion ....shit even Marcus Banks in the bench seems like such a distant memory.

dallaskd
03-11-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm still laughing at the Mavs fan who thought the Suns would trade Shaq for the Eric Dampier poo poo platter.

I never said the suns would do that... ?

Lakers2009champs
03-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Hopefully shaq will be in a lakers uniform next season.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I never said the suns would do that... ?

K sorry, there's still an element of delusion if you're even thinking of the Mavs being able to deal Damp.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Hopefully shaq will be in a lakers uniform next season.

Kobe and his pet ego will make sure that never happens.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-11-2009, 07:33 PM
The Suns are probably trading him for the next Karl Malone (JJ Hickson) rather than buying him out, still, Shaq and Kobe > Shaq and LeBron.

Lakers2009champs
03-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Cant you guys see that he is trying his damnest to come back to LA. He will ask for a buyout this summer.

Can you blame him LoL? He wants another ring before she calls it quits:toast

Xylus
03-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Shaq, Nash, Amare, JRich

I expect two of these four players to be in different uniforms next season. If I had to guess, I'd say JRich and Shaq are the two most likely to go. JRich has really done nothing in place of Diaw and Bell since he got here, getting arrested twice, and playing really lousy D. Shaq is unhappy, and an unhappy Shaq can be a bad thing.

At this point, it'll be hard to ship Amare out with the nature of his injury, and Nash will probably run out the rest of his contract.

The only two players on the Suns that I consider untradeable are Barbosa and Louis Amundson... two role players.

mabrignani
03-11-2009, 08:48 PM
he is just saying this because pheonix is not gonna make the playoffs, didnt he do the same with miami when they started sucking?

Xylus
03-11-2009, 08:49 PM
That JRich trade really fucked us. Boris Diaw would be so fucking great to have right now.

And now the Bobcats, who were a laughingstock before the trade, are probably going to make the playoffs and the Suns probably won't.

NBAdime
03-11-2009, 08:50 PM
I know they wanted to get rid of Raja Bell but to sacrifice Diaw...I guess it was more about money. Diaw's contract was too extravagant for his on and off court appearances.

Xylus
03-11-2009, 08:52 PM
I know they wanted to get rid of Raja Bell but to sacrifice Diaw...I guess it was more about money. Diaw's contract was too extravagant for his on and off court appearances.
Diaw's contract doesn't look so bad with Amare out. And it looks even better compared to what JRich really brings to this team.

And I know Raja Bell was complaining, but he's Raja Fucking Bell. Dude reached hero status in 2006. Trading him was a shot to the gut.

NBAdime
03-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Diaw's contract doesn't look so bad with Amare out. And it looks even better compared to what JRich really brings to this team.

And I know Raja Bell was complaining, but he's Raja Fucking Bell. Dude reached hero status in 2006. Trading him was a shot to the gut.

Raja was acting way too important...off season talking about he isn't coming back until he gets some serious extension. I guess guarding Kobe really made him think he was in the same calibre.

iggypop123
03-11-2009, 10:38 PM
he will do the buyout since its a 20 mill contract. then mle for a team like the lakers? 2010 concerns so nobody would offer him any decent money

cycoticbeauty
03-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Shaq is gay

RonMexico
03-12-2009, 12:42 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Even Kerr is smart enough to not touch Damp with a 10 foot pole.

Dampier has a lot of upside and length, which you just can't teach. Stack would come in handy to light a fire in case the power goes out.

3rd player could be Barea since he is really just the man-child of Jason Kidd and Steve Nash. (Seriously, think about it - if Nash and Kidd had a baby, it not only would have an overall similar build to JJ, but everyone knows that a famous athlete's son never quite measures up, so JJ is simply a fundamentally sound PG, but won't beat his wife or wear recycled Nike's.)

IronMexican
03-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Dampier has a lot of upside and length, which you just can't teach. Stack would come in handy to light a fire in case the power goes out.

3rd player could be Barea since he is really just the man-child of Jason Kidd and Steve Nash. (Seriously, think about it - if Nash and Kidd had a baby, it not only would have an overall similar build to JJ, but everyone knows that a famous athlete's son never quite measures up, so JJ is simply a fundamentally sound PG, but won't beat his wife or wear recycled Nike's.)

We love our team!

Jeremy
03-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Dampier has a lot of upside and length, which you just can't teach.

Upside? The guy's almost 34 and has been in the league for 13 years.

peskypesky
03-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Where is he going to go with an albatross contract like that? It's recession time and there's only one Steve Kerr.

If Isaiah was still around, he's be on the Knicks in a second.

Spursmania
03-12-2009, 01:02 AM
The Los Angeles Times reported that center Shaquille O'Neal "is saying privately he wants out" of Phoenix because the Suns pondered trading him last month and/or because they returned to their up-tempo offense. He declined comment Monday morning.
"That's intangible stuff," guard Steve Nash said. "It's hard to quantify. I hope he's not unhappy. We just want him to be happy, feeling good about himself and ready to play."

It could be true. I'm sure he's pissed he won't be in the playoffs.

SpuronyourFace
03-12-2009, 01:05 AM
He just wants out because he feels the need to throw more people he's played with or for under the bus. He wants Nash and Amare to taste his ass too.

Classic Shaq.

BeeGee
03-12-2009, 03:26 AM
Same story, different Shaq tour stop. Good luck, big fella. BeeGee still has love.

Rogue
03-12-2009, 06:30 AM
We love our team!
:cheer:cheer:cheer

sincerely I hope it's not only a rumor but a piece of truth. Mavs have the worst in-paint power among the 8 playoff teams in the west, and that's precisely why our team is ranking at 8. Spurs have upgraded their 4/5 by signing gooden and lakers will also have a much more powerful paint for the postseason after bynum comes back. Rockets have yao and scola in the paint and portland also has plenty of decent big guys like aldridge and oden. Mavs only have two guys over 7' in Dirk and Dampier but Dirk doesn't feel comfortable when playing center, so Dampier is the only center on our team but his incompetence always limits his minutes to around 20. Postseason games are generally more physical than regular season games, thus a good center will be more important for a team than he is in the regular season. O'Neal has passed his prime for years but he still can play decently in some big games like all-star game. Our team is really in urgent demand for a center like shaq, hopefully Donnie Nelson will have 1 minute to be smart and sign him right after he gets waived.

In terms of shaq: Although shaq has already got 4 rings, he still has the ambition to get one more to rebuild an advantage over Duncan, after all the number of rings will never get too big for anyone. except mavs, all the other 7 playoff teams each have at least one good center on team so they don't have as much need for him as mavs do. It'll also be a good option for O'Neal to choose Dallas as his team with which he can win his 5th ring.

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp180/killlogan/Diop.jpg?t=1236852147

RonMexico
03-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Upside? The guy's almost 34 and has been in the league for 13 years.

Sarcasm, man...

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-12-2009, 10:20 AM
But when he gets angry he's been known to do things like win championships. If Shaq's not happy that's a good thing for Phoenix!

Summers
03-12-2009, 06:43 PM
I feel sorry for Nash.

Summers
03-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Spurs fans may not like it but Timmy, Pop and Shaq are pretty cool with eachother.

Do you really think so? I've always gotten the impression Tim doesn't really like Shaq much.

BlackSwordsMan
03-12-2009, 06:50 PM
shaq for gooden!

NBAdime
03-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Hell no, I would not want Shaq in the spurs. He is a big baby. Let someone else deal with his ass until he retires.

jack sommerset
03-12-2009, 07:04 PM
I like the big fellow. To bad there is a salary cap in the NBA. Lots of teams would like to have him but he is not worth 20 MIL hit to the cap