PDA

View Full Version : Yea so the Lakers aren't playing very good basketball right now

DrHouse
03-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Something is definitely wrong. The offense has completely fallen apart. The defense is non-existent. The effort and hustle also appears to be gone.

From what I can tell they look tired and worn out. Out of gas would be the best way to describe it. Definitely not what you want to see this late into the season.

If the Lakers don't turn it around soon they might find themselves fishing early in the playoffs.

resistanze
03-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I don't know why Kobe and Gasol play for more than 33 minutes a game. They should go the Celtics route (last year), no one's catching them in the West.

anonoftheinternets
03-11-2009, 08:35 PM
imo this is the true lakers, they were jus playing out of their minds initially. But props to them for keeping it up almost throughout the regular season. Tex Winter was right.

DrHouse
03-11-2009, 08:42 PM
imo this is the true lakers, they were jus playing out of their minds initially. But props to them for keeping it up almost throughout the regular season. Tex Winter was right.

You wish that to be the case but they were playing at a much higher level than this last season going into the playoffs with mostly the same roster. That argument doesn't hold weight.

They're in a slump, yes. Can they get out of it? Most likely they will, but if they don't they could get bounced pretty early in the playoffs.

picnroll
03-11-2009, 08:42 PM
DrHouse goes from Lakers' NBA champs to Lakers' first round fodder in less than 24 hours.

Xylus
03-11-2009, 08:43 PM
The "true" Lakers are somewhere in between this current version, and the version that started out the season. They're still a Top-4 contender.

anonoftheinternets
03-11-2009, 08:46 PM
at a much higher level than this last season going into the playoffs with mostly the same roster.

yup tell that to hornets(2008), dallas(2006), and every other 1 and done team. I cant wait for the playoffs tho. This year is much better than last year where Boston and LA were clear favs.

DrHouse
03-11-2009, 08:48 PM
yup tell that to hornets(2008), dallas(2006), and every other 1 and done team. I cant wait for the playoffs tho. This year is much better than last year where Boston and LA were clear favs.

I'm just reflecting on how they are playing at this moment in time. I've seen enough basketball to know that there are ups and downs to every season.

DrHouse
03-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Nobody really knows what the "true" Lakers are gonna look like in the playoffs because Bynum is not even back yet.

MarHill
03-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Something is definitely wrong. The offense has completely fallen apart. The defense is non-existent. The effort and hustle also appears to be gone.

From what I can tell they look tired and worn out. Out of gas would be the best way to describe it. Definitely not what you want to see this late into the season.

If the Lakers don't turn it around soon they might find themselves fishing early in the playoffs.

An honest, objective admission by DrHouse!! :wow

I wondered why it rained and was cold in San Antonio today!! :lmao

I guess rare things can happen once in awhile.

If the Lakers lose tonight.....though tomorrow night's game will be very interesting indeed.

:flag:

The Franchise
03-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Excuse thread!!! :lmao

DrHouse
03-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Reverse-jinx!

21_Blessings
03-11-2009, 09:58 PM
DrHouse goes from Lakers' NBA champs to Lakers' first round fodder in less than 24 hours.

It was an obvious reverse-jinx thread. Pity you actually fell for it.

I'm so over the regular season. It literally does not matter to the Lakers. As long as KGB is ready come playoff time the LOB will be riding down Figueroa in June.

cycoticbeauty
03-11-2009, 11:22 PM
doesnt they will win!