PDA

View Full Version : Current West standings

Pelicans78
03-12-2009, 12:22 AM
2. Spurs 43-20 (Staying steady)

3. Rockets 42-24 (Tonight's loss negates win at Denver)

4. Jazz 41-24 (impressive in tough loss at Atlanta. Not joking)

5. Hornets 40-23 (Need to take advantage of favorable schedule)

6. Blazers 40-24 (Disasterous loss at home negates win over LA)

7. Nuggests 41-25 (Similar in standings with and without Iverson)

8. Mavs 40-25 (Impressive back-to-back road wins thanks to Dirk)

9. Suns 34-30 (Shaq is sounding like a front-runner now)

lil_penny
03-12-2009, 12:23 AM
too close for comfort 3-8 its going to the wire

ElNono
03-12-2009, 12:23 AM
I haven't looked at the schedule much, but I think if we beat Houston this week and the Hornets drop another game, we're pretty much a lock for the 1st place in the SW division.

Pelicans78
03-12-2009, 12:26 AM
I haven't looked at the schedule much, but I think if we beat Houston this week and the Hornets drop another game, we're pretty much a lock for the 1st place in the SW division.

We still have two games against the Spurs. Our starters are playing really well, but our bench is giving us nothing. Rumor has it Byron Scott will keep Julian Wright as the starting SF (not a big dropoff in team offense but a huge improvement in team defense) and move Peja as the 6th man to provide more scoring with Posey.

IronMexican
03-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Shit, 3-8 is just crazy.

ElNono
03-12-2009, 12:29 AM
I'd like to add that the Suns are done, barring any major injury from one of the other teams... I think whoever are 3-8 are going to the playoffs...

Ghazi
03-12-2009, 03:55 AM
Nuggets have a lot of cupcakes coming up, I think they'll climb back up if other teams start losing.

I think the Spurs have the 2 seed wrapped up barring a total meltdown or someone else getting really hot. We're talking about a 3 game lead in the loss column with 19 left to play. That ain't easy to overcome.

Beloved Mavs... unfortunately despite our recent 2 road wins I still see us as an 8 seed unless we win some more games that "we're not supposed to" and take care of business against the teams we're supposed to beat.

sribb43
03-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Beloved Mavs... unfortunately despite our recent 2 road wins I still see us as an 8 seed unless we win some more games that "we're not supposed to" and take care of business against the teams we're supposed to beat.

As great as these wins are for the Mavs it still appears with the Mavs schedule that the 8th seed is what they are faced with barring injury to key players on other teams.

21_Blessings
03-12-2009, 07:27 AM
1. Lakers 51-13 (pooping on the rest of the Western Conference)

Girasuck
03-12-2009, 11:21 AM
I look at the standings, then look at our remaining schedule, then say to myself...

FUCK!

At NO, at Dallas, at Denver, at Portland, at SA, at Lakers, at Magic, at Heat, at Suns...SON OF A BITCH!!

dirk4mvp
03-12-2009, 11:52 AM
it's just a batle for the number 8 spot at this point. Mavs vs Suns,let's see who will NOT choke this time.

That was wrapped up a few days ago. Now all that's left is how the order between 3-8 ends.

DPG21920
03-12-2009, 11:56 AM
I want the Blazers and Mavs to trade spots then that would be perfect.

jack sommerset
03-12-2009, 12:02 PM
I thought the Nuggets would choke it away but its looking more and more like the Suns. I know this is Spewland and I know you eat and eat and eat, you fuckers really do eat alot but anyways the Suns line up is a team that should make playoffs. Kerr has really fucked them up

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Mavs vs Suns,let's see who will NOT choke this time.

It's not a matter of choke.....it's a matter of the Mavs having a player in Dirk that is going out to fight for the 8 spot every night and the Suns have a bunch of idiots that are going out every night to have fun and go through the motions.

DPG21920
03-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Dirk has done everything he can to get the Mavs into the playoffs. No J-ho hurts though.

Sportstudi
03-12-2009, 12:58 PM
I look at the standings, then look at our remaining schedule, then say to myself...

FUCK!

At NO, at Dallas, at Denver, at Portland, at SA, at Lakers, at Magic, at Heat, at Suns...SON OF A BITCH!!

That's tough, indeed.

scanry
03-12-2009, 01:48 PM
It's not a matter of choke.....it's a matter of the Mavs having a player in Dirk that is going out to fight for the 8 spot every night and the Suns have a bunch of idiots that are going out every night to have fun and go through the motions.

I agree, the only thing that's keeping Dallas in the playoffs hunt is Dirk. They're probably a Sacramento without Dirk.

BTW the Suns don't have character and Shaq has disrupted that team a lot with his ego this year.

Kai
03-12-2009, 01:59 PM

FUCK!

Damn, that's almost as bad a Houston's schedule.

Girasuck
03-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Damn, that's almost as bad a Houston's schedule.

at Charlotte, at NO, at SA, at Utah, at Phoenix, at Lakers, at Kings, at Warriors, at Mavs.

That closing schedule for Houston doesn't even come close to what the Jazz have to face.