PDA

View Full Version : Lakers 102, Rockets 96

SpursDynasty
03-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Good job L.A....I don't like the Lakers but I also hate the Rockets....so good job L.A. for just going out there and doing what you're supposed to do. I'm kind of suspicious of Kobe having to take 23 shots against the Rockets, but they won anyhow. I can tell Houston why they lost this game: Von Wafer was the leading scorer and took the most shots. You have a 7'6" center and you want Von Wafer taking the most shots? This is why Houston can't win a series, the player that is supposed to be the most dominant player in the game can't even be vocal enough to have the offense run through him. Von Wafer? GMAFB. If Houston is happy being a 42-24 team, then hats off to them.

Rogue
03-12-2009, 01:22 AM
Good job L.A....I don't like the Lakers but I also hate the Rockets....so good job L.A. for just going out there and doing what you're supposed to do. I'm kind of suspicious of Kobe having to take 23 shots against the Rockets, but they won anyhow. I can tell Houston why they lost this game: Von Wafer was the leading scorer and took the most shots. You have a 7'6" center and you want Von Wafer taking the most shots? This is why Houston can't win a series, the player that is supposed to be the most dominant player in the game can't even be vocal enough to have the offense run through him. Von Wafer? GMAFB. If Houston is happy being a 42-24 team, then hats off to them.
the 7'6" center you mentioned in your article is simply a crap, so there is no wonder the rockets have to bet that many shots on a mediocre guard who only earns 450,000 this year.

Rogue
03-12-2009, 01:42 AM
From summer to summer the rockets have been trying to find a kidd caliber PG that can mesh up their talented players but they haven't got one by far. Rafer Alston used to do a good job at that spot but his age made him slip significantly year after year and finally forced the rockets to trade him. Now the rockets have to assign that job to Aaron Brooks who is still a 24-year-old sophomore and only averages 3.1 ast/g this season.

Rockets used to have the league's clutchest PG on team but they foolishly traded him in 04 for a brittle vaze, now the rockets team are more than ramshackle to deal with the 23m worth corpse left on that garbage contract. Tmac wouldn't have become such a garbage like stephon Marbury but for the idiotic rockets fans who have been spoiling yao since he joined the league yet keep blaming tmac till that geniuse totally got wasted last month.

BeeGee
03-12-2009, 03:16 AM
Bottom line #1 is the Rockets haven't had any continuity to maximize their potential. One of their big 2 is ALWAYS hurt, and most of the time, they're overachieving IMO. Bottom line #2 is Yao simply isn't a dominant player and never will be. He doesn't possess the necessary combination of footwork and power to be dominant, and any notion that he would eventually dominate the league was and still is (for those who still dare to believe) a pipe dream. The Rockets would serve themselves best to trade Yao (and TBack for that matter) and start from scratch. It's sad, but there's really no other direction for them.

timvp
03-12-2009, 03:34 PM
What's up Ryan?

RAAWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRr

LEONARD
03-12-2009, 04:34 PM
What's up Ryan?

RAAWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRr

My name is Jeff

dirk4mvp
03-12-2009, 04:44 PM
My name is Jeff

yes, it is. Since you are SD.