PDA

View Full Version : Stand up, and be counted....

exstatic
03-12-2009, 10:02 AM
NO LIMIT

Many of you don't know what that means. It's about totally going to the wall for your team, no reservations.

Fan is just a shortened version of fanatic. There are too many fucking analysts here and not enough fanatics.

To paraphrase timvp: Who you wit'?

NO LIMIT

Right now, I see this:

http://www.nps.gov/peco/historyculture/images/The-Battle-of-Glorieta-Pass.jpg

Let's make it this:

http://web.mit.edu/kayla/Public/Backgrounds/LOTR%20Helm%27s%20Deep%201.jpg

FTL

xellos88330
03-12-2009, 10:11 AM
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4196/80132276.jpg

exstatic
03-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Xellos, first up the ladder!

NO LIMIT

urunobili
03-12-2009, 10:18 AM
QdJa3_2ieRk

exstatic
03-12-2009, 10:25 AM
uronobili storming the gates!!

Interrohater
03-12-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm in Seattle, I bought the league pass just to watch the Spurs. I wear my authentic Spurs warmup shirt when I watch the game. I hardly ever miss a game, even when I was in Iraq I would sit and refresh the NBA.com play by play just to be a part of the game. I was at the memorial day miracle, I was in Phoenix in '03 playoffs painted black and silver getting assaulted with snacks, I've met most of the Spurs in person. I bleed black, silver and white. Go Spurs Go!

exstatic
03-12-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm in Seattle, I bought the league pass just to watch the Spurs. I wear my authentic Spurs warmup shirt when I watch the game. I hardly ever miss a game, even when I was in Iraq I would sit and refresh the NBA.com play by play just to be a part of the game. I was at the memorial day miracle, I was in Phoenix in '03 playoffs painted black and silver getting assaulted with snacks, I've met most of the Spurs in person. I bleed black, silver and white. Go Spurs Go!

You sound like a fanatic to me...

I was also at the MDM game, section 207.

Phoenix fan threw snacks at you? Lame, but then you expect that from those suffering Suns-stroke.

SAtown
03-12-2009, 10:38 AM

Fuckin a... cheers :toast

Spurs Brazil
03-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Ftl.

Brutalis
03-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I am the ultimate fanatic, in my state for sure.

I've been in 4 fights in 3 years over the Spurs. All of which I got swung at first. See the issue lays very softly on my shoulders in the form of a Duncan jersey. And when you disrespect me in this royal uniform and get upset because I talk shit back and then run you up and down the court doesn't mean you have to get all defensive and start a mess.

My point is this state is about as basketball retarded as a small middle eastern country. We have beautiful scenery in the Ozarks and parks in this state, and the Razorbacks who have millions of followers world wide (probably more than the Spurs do sadly), and me. As much dumb shit people I put up with here they usually have no comebacks for the most winning franchise of this decade stat.

So much of a fanatic that my mom pretty much joined the Church of Manu without even knowing it, stealing my copy of him on the cover of ESPN the mag, and posting it up at work. And even she got into an argument with a Laker fan last year. My MOM people, taking up for the Spurs. Now tell me my fanaticism hasn't bled out onto the people around me! Sheesh.

And this Spur inked on my arm cannot be washed away either.

Hard. Core.

exstatic
03-12-2009, 10:55 AM

I've been in 4 fights in 3 years over the Spurs. All of which I got swung at first. See the issue lays very softly on my shoulders in the form of a Duncan jersey. And when you disrespect me in this royal uniform and get upset because I talk shit back and then run you up and down the court doesn't mean you have to get all defensive and start a mess.

My point is this state is about as basketball retarded as a small middle eastern country. We have beautiful scenery in the Ozarks and parks in this state, and the Razorbacks who have millions of followers world wide (probably more than the Spurs do sadly), and me. As much dumb shit people I put up with here they usually have no comebacks for the most winning franchise of this decade stat.

So much of a fanatic that my mom pretty much joined the Church of Manu without even knowing it, stealing my copy of him on the cover of ESPN the mag, and posting it up at work. And even she got into an argument with a Laker fan last year. My MOM people, taking up for the Spurs. Now tell me my fanaticism hasn't bled out onto the people around me! Sheesh.

Hard. Core.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. This poster doesn't live his life on the sideline.

Doug Collins
03-12-2009, 10:56 AM

Hard. Core.

I'm #1 spurs fan in Northwest Arkansas you can lay claim upon the rest of the state. :toast

I haven't really found anyone out here passionate about the NBA. The people that I've found hating on the spurs, have no team of their own, so I really don't give a shit. When a Razorback gives me shit I just point out their 2-14 conf. record and they stfu.

urunobili
03-12-2009, 10:57 AM

:worthy:

Dude that is inspiring! GO SPURS!!! :flag:

Brutalis
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm #1 spurs fan in Northwest Arkansas you can lay claim upon the rest of the state. :toast

I haven't really found anyone out here passionate about the NBA. The people that I've found hating on the spurs, have no team of their own, so I really don't give a shit. When a Razorback gives me shit I just point out their 2-14 conf. record and they stfu.

Are you from Arkansas? Just curious.

Yeah there are very very few knowledgeable basketball fans in this state. All they care about is beer, the Hogs, and football. The main reason why so many people here hate the Spurs is, from what I gather anyways, because they are "good guys."

2-14 is some shit. After beating OU and UT like we did this was totally unexpected. The Nolan debacle has pretty much buried Arkansas Basketball. Pretty sad, I saw something on ESPN the other day that showed the Hogs as still ranked in the top ten all time in college basketball or something of the sort. Too bad Heath couldn't coach, cause he damn sure could recruit. But football is looking more up than I can ever remember. While I laugh at my quote in your sig, here is another one:

The Hogs will never have a sub .500 season again under Petrino. Book it.

That Nutt is one shady character. Can't believe how much shit he pulled here and is pulling at Ole Miss now.

urunobili
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Hard. Core.

dude that was awesome... :tu

i got into some sort of fight because of the Spurs just once...

I was in Dallas... (where else?) attending to a Dave Matthews band concert at the Smirnoff park... drunk... with my 2007 championship grey T-shirt and :pop: white Spurs Adidas baseball cap... a dude right besides me start calling me faggot and all the classy Mav fan talk etc... and i started to laugh trying to avoid trouble... but he got even angrier because i was completely ignoring him and laughing "ala Duncan vs. joey Crawford" and i couldn't resist (while i was laying in the floor) to accommodate my hat with my four fingers asking for the guy to chill... that took him off.. he kicked me while i was in the floor and the other guy besides got in the middle and made him chill... i didn't react no... didn't need any trouble... so that's my story of bleeding for the Spurs... :flag::flag:

Brutalis
03-12-2009, 11:10 AM
dude that was awesome... :tu

i got into some sort of fight because of the Spurs just once...

I was in Dallas... (where else?) attending to a Dave Matthews band concert at the Smirnoff park... drunk... with my 2007 championship grey T-shirt and :pop: white Spurs Adidas baseball cap... a dude right besides me start calling me faggot and all the classy Mav fan talk etc... and i started to laugh trying to avoid trouble... but he got even angrier because i was completely ignoring him and laughing "ala Duncan vs. joey Crawford" and i couldn't resist (while i was laying in the floor) to accommodate my hat with my four fingers asking for the guy to chill... that took him off.. he kicked me while i was in the floor and the other guy besides got in the middle and made him chill... i didn't react no... didn't need any trouble... so that's my story of bleeding for the Spurs... :flag::flag:

Haha.

The Mavs don't understand. It's a lot like Mississippi schools are to Arkansas. They want to be us, are jealous of us, hate us, but without us would have no point existing.

:tu

Doug Collins
03-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Are you from Arkansas? Just curious.

Yeah there are very very few knowledgeable basketball fans in this state. All they care about is beer, the Hogs, and football. The main reason why so many people here hate the Spurs is, from what I gather anyways, because they are "good guys."

2-14 is some shit. After beating OU and UT like we did this was totally unexpected. The Nolan debacle has pretty much buried Arkansas Basketball. Pretty sad, I saw something on ESPN the other day that showed the Hogs as still ranked in the top ten all time in college basketball or something of the sort. Too bad Heath couldn't coach, cause he damn sure could recruit. But football is looking more up than I can ever remember. While I laugh at my quote in your sig, here is another one:

The Hogs will never have a sub .500 season again under Petrino. Book it.

That Nutt is one shady character. Can't believe how much shit he pulled here and is pulling at Ole Miss now.

I relocated here due to my job. I work with some people from Ohio so I have to hear about Lebron. Getting swept in the finals shuts them up pretty quick.

I'm cool with the hogs fans, they just annoy me with their over the top fanaticism. Their facilities and support are impressive for the size school, having financial support from the Waltons and Tysons doesnt hurt.

silverblackfan
03-12-2009, 11:23 AM

I am also in Seattle, bought league pass to watch every game wearing my Duncan home or Ginobli away jersey. My daughter has a Parker jersey and ends up watch way too much NBA.
As a teenager, I saw them play against the Blazers in the 90s, wearing a spurs shirt and carrying a banner to the game.
Sad thing is, I have not seen them live in San Antonio. And I was stationed there for 3 years!

Morg1411
03-12-2009, 11:28 AM
I am also in Seattle, bought league pass to watch every game wearing my Duncan home or Ginobli away jersey. My daughter has a Parker jersey and ends up watch way too much NBA.
As a teenager, I saw them play against the Blazers in the 90s, wearing a spurs shirt and carrying a banner to the game.
Sad thing is, I have not seen them live in San Antonio. And I was stationed there for 3 years!

Hot shit! I'm in Seattle, too, and my son and I never miss a game online/Nat TV. We've yet to see them live, but we plan on getting down to at least a couple of Playoff games if we can scrape the cash together.

GO SPURS, ALL THE WAY!!!!

Flux451
03-12-2009, 11:45 AM
I live in Albuquerque and there are all kinds of differents fans here, from Laker bandwagoners to Celtic Pride wannabes, Suns immigrants!!! Not too many Spurs fans, if I meet them they are usually from SA. For some reason people hate the Spurs here. Everytime I wear my Duncan jersey people make fun of me, friends especially. During playoffs, I wear the jersey out a lot, almost too much, but I must show support in a city you never see our colors. Spurs till the day I die!!

TD=HOF
03-12-2009, 11:45 AM
i hate going to the games and seeing these so called 'Spurs Fans', who couldn't care less when we lose. like it was said earlier in this thread, i bleed sliver & black!!! most notibly at my job, when we're not doing so well, no ones pays any attention to the Spurs, but once it's down to the conf finals, then every one wants to show their 'Spurs Spirit'

tp2021
03-12-2009, 11:46 AM
x3GlIpe2Acg

They'll never take us alive!

CHARGE!!!

spurspokesman
03-12-2009, 11:53 AM
x3GlIpe2Acg

They'll never take us alive!

CHARGE!!!

I'm with the spurs til I die.lost tons of money betting on em when they just couldn't get over the hump and am recognized as one of the only spur fans in my city(everyone else is la or ny fans or lebron lovers).loyalty never to be questioned. Great post

SAtown
03-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Hot shit! I'm in Seattle, too, and my son and I never miss a game online/Nat TV. We've yet to see them live, but we plan on getting down to at least a couple of Playoff games if we can scrape the cash together.

Hey, check your public profile

DPG21920
03-12-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm in. "Murder the Lakers". Go Spurs on 3.......................Break

http://hollywoodscaracters.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/freddy_vs_jason_vs_michael_myers_promo_5.jpg

m33p0
03-12-2009, 12:05 PM
xyUX6wV1lBQ

benefactor
03-12-2009, 12:09 PM
As one can see from my title...I live in Tyler, TX(AKA little Dallas) where it is basically a sin to root for any team other than the Mavericks. I make 5 hour pilgrimages at least twice a year to Mecca, where my religious duties are fulfilled a the AT&T Temple. This year cost me more than just tickets and a hotel...as I gave up my call weekend at work which will set me back several hundred dollars on my paycheck(I'm already on a limited budget). Since I have had my satellite I have had League Pass every year except one...and that year I got it for after the All-Star break. I DVR every game I am not at home to see and watch it that night regardless of how early I have to get up(I get up at 4am to work a 12hr shift and have been up past midnight many nights watching games). I was there for the 2007 slaying of the Suns in game 6 and proudly marched victoriously out of the AT&T Temple with my brethren.

Money I don't have and time and energy I don't have go into this team and I love every minute of it. If that is not a fanatic I don't know what is.

JP le Requin
03-12-2009, 12:10 PM
i went to nba finals in 2007 from france, i took the plane, saw the game 2 at the nba finals and came back to paris to watch game 3 live at 2 am..a few hous after we landed from san antonio!!

i came back to san antonio in december 07 and met david robinson, the reason i a spursfanatic!! and he signed my robinson jersey and we took a picture!!

since 1993, i woke up in the morning at 2am in order to see the spurs play as soo i can do it (i mean when i dont work the hours after)

koriwhat
03-12-2009, 12:11 PM
i'll be bleeding black & silver till i die!

PuttPutt
03-12-2009, 12:16 PM

I'm on the other side of the Cascades, in the Yakima Valley. I've got league pass & rarely ever miss a game. If I'm traveling, I listen to them on Sirius. I grew up & lived most of my life in SA. My dad had season tickets from 76-98. Then, they just got too costly. I went to so many games. I was sad to see the Sonics go, cause it was 1 of 2 places I could see my team. I didn't mind making the 2 1/2 hour drive. I love the Spurs. Everytime I visit my family in SA I always bring back some Spurs stuff.

TheProfessor
03-12-2009, 12:25 PM
x7-iFDyVb2c
OgaZ85nZuRA

VI_Massive
03-12-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm representing all the Spurs fans from Timmy's home island of St. Croix.

Been bleeding silver and black since he got there and will love SA forever. Never been able to see him live (its a dream) so I make do with league pass broadband and the nationally televised games.

samikeyp
03-12-2009, 12:36 PM
From the frozen tundra of lower Canada...er..uh..I mean Michigan....I represent all things Silver and Black.

TheManFromAcme
03-12-2009, 12:40 PM
FTS :ihit

Should be a decent game though.

Muser
03-12-2009, 12:46 PM
I live in England.

First holiday abroad was to Texas, watched a San Antonio - Chicago game and from then on i've been a fanatic.

Ordered a replica Ginobili top that cost me around £90, Ordered international league pass to watch every spurs game, win or lose.

:flag:

rogcl1
03-12-2009, 12:46 PM
I was at the first game at Hemisfair Arena on Oct. 10, 1973 against the San Diego Conquistadors and have been hooked ever since. Some lean years in between Silas, Gervin, Kenon , and others during that run and the arrival of the Admiral, but loyal to the end.

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2009, 01:00 PM
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2166/300pop.jpg

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8193/bringitpop.jpg

alamo50
03-12-2009, 01:27 PM
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4196/80132276.jpg

But we're playing at home........Throw them ladders!!!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Morg1411
03-12-2009, 01:35 PM

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8193/bringitpop.jpg

That...is the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Morg1411
03-12-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm on the other side of the Cascades, in the Yakima Valley. I've got league pass & rarely ever miss a game. If I'm traveling, I listen to them on Sirius. I grew up & lived most of my life in SA. My dad had season tickets from 76-98. Then, they just got too costly. I went to so many games. I was sad to see the Sonics go, cause it was 1 of 2 places I could see my team. I didn't mind making the 2 1/2 hour drive. I love the Spurs. Everytime I visit my family in SA I always bring back some Spurs stuff.

The thing that people give me crap for is the fact that I have never lived anywhere near San Antonio. I only got into basketball a few years ago. As stupid as it sounds, I did a lot of research into the different teams, watching old games (the downloadable playoff games that NBA.com offered were a great tool), reading through team histories, etc.

It didn't take long to settle on the Spurs as my team of choice. They are a consistent, solid organization that displays class, ability, and discipline. They lack the bullshit attitude of so many other NBA franchises. They accept their losses with dignity and acknowledge their opponent's ability and play, and don't needlessly gloat when they win.

I honestly don't see how I could support any other team.

dirk4mvp
03-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Haha.

The Mavs don't understand. It's a lot like Mississippi schools are to Arkansas. They want to be us, are jealous of us, hate us, but without us would have no point existing.

:tu

Holy fuck, are you kidding? Mississippi schools shit all over Arkansas schools.

There is rumors he is going to Ole Miss. But he won't. He loves Arkansas. He is a Hog and he won't play us.

lmao yeah and how'd that work out?

Pablo Escobar
03-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Lnom0VBG0Mk&feature=related

I Love Me Some Me
03-12-2009, 02:18 PM
There were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.

samikeyp
03-12-2009, 02:45 PM
There were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.

I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

manu_maniac
03-12-2009, 02:47 PM
I was born a Spurs fan. I'm not sure if I can claim to be the biggest one in all of San Antonio, but here in Austin (I'm a sophomore at UT and my attention to Spurs has most likely affected my grades), I don't know anyone that's as big of a fan, and I'm proud to spot a few people donning Spurs apparel when I'm on my way to classes. You can be sure that some of those people feel the same when they see me walking around in my Spurs shirts, jacket, or jersey.

Someone posted how they hate bandwaggoners who don't really care if the Spurs lose, but as long as they're out there going to games, I still don't mind them giving support.

Warlord23
03-12-2009, 02:54 PM
8F_1wgjBUvY

nkdlunch
03-12-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm gonna open his hole like this. Please excuse my French. I'm gonna make him suffer. I'm gonna make his mother wish she never had him - make him into dog meat... He's a nice, a nice kid. He's a pretty kid, too. I mean I don't know, I gotta problem if I should fuck him or fight him.

Old School 44
03-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Before cable and before every Spurs game was broadcast locally, I would listen to Terry Stembridge on WOAI describing an Iceman finger roll like I was there. When I was lucky enough to attend the games back then, I remember the raucous crowds at the Hemisfair Arena. They were truly the loudest fans in the NBA. Nothing like it.

Spurs fan then, now and forever!

urunobili
03-12-2009, 02:57 PM
q1i5mwWCjJE

Spursfan092120
03-12-2009, 03:00 PM
http://www.sethskim.com/Spartans2jpg.jpg
I'm the guy on the right..second row. GO SPURS GO!!

Spursmania
03-12-2009, 03:18 PM

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8193/bringitpop.jpg That is BAD ASS! AWESOME!!!

in2deep
03-12-2009, 03:20 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o282/dembeatz/spurs_win.jpg

exstatic
03-12-2009, 06:30 PM
NICE

We do have some hard core mutha fukkas in the house.:downspin:

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2009, 08:04 PM
got bored...more ps :lmao

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6527/sneakatck.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1010/gameoverkka.jpg

timmo
03-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Been to 60+ games and counting.
Drive from Round Rock for every game.
Spent $$$ on caps, jerseys, shirts, etc...

Spurs fanatic till the day I die! :flag:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/timmodude/Spurs/spurs_tix.jpg