PDA

View Full Version : Note to Spurs & Bowen Tonight: Do Not Talk Trash to Kobe

bugoy
03-12-2009, 10:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chmJTDwqQoM

good thing Bowens not known for trash talking and just handling business

xellos88330
03-12-2009, 10:06 AM
LOL!!! Trash talk is so much fun in the heat of competition. Especially at video game tournaments. Nothing more fun than making teenagers learn the value of experience, patience and pwnage.

bigfan
03-12-2009, 10:21 AM
The Spurs dont talk trash, they kick ass on the court.

z0sa
03-12-2009, 10:23 AM
bowen will kick him in his face

Duncan74
03-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Go Spurs!

SenorSpur
03-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Bowen never trash talks anyone.

polandprzem
03-12-2009, 10:38 AM

Yaa

in da baq of his face

Brutalis
03-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm using this thread to say I just noticed the Carver Academy logos. Shows how much I pay attention- no telling how long it's been there.

Doug Collins
03-12-2009, 10:59 AM
I would love to see Kobe "step into the octagon" with Artest. Artest would maul his ass.

ElNono
03-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Better tell Kobe not to celebrate too early... like the first game of the season against us...

lefty
03-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Speaking of trash talking, did you see Mason Jr last Sunday, thalking trash to Aldmunson after hitting a 3?

That was badass

Loose Cannon
03-12-2009, 11:54 AM
LOL!!! Trash talk is so much fun in the heat of competition. Especially at video game tournaments. Nothing more fun than making teenagers learn the value of experience, patience and pwnage.

LMAO - are you serious?

hater
03-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Speaking of trash talking, did you see Mason Jr last Sunday, thalking trash to Aldmunson after hitting a 3?

That was badass

yup. Lakers better not come in talking trash too. Spurs have a few players that respond not with words, but with their game

VI_Massive
03-12-2009, 01:00 PM
I thought Kobe was hilariously diplomatic after the game, saying that yeah he kicked Artest's ass tonight but Ron's gotten the better of him sometimes, etc.

Way to say "I owned you" without looking like a complete asshole.

Cane
03-12-2009, 01:03 PM
The trash talk between a prime Jordan and Kobe would be epic.

anonoftheinternets
03-12-2009, 01:14 PM
The trash talk between a prime Jordan and Kobe would be epic.

no Jordan comparisons please :bang, leagues better than kobe. He won championships being the primary option on a team. Which is something Hakeem, Tim, Shaq etc. have done. I do believe Kobe has a chance to do the same this year, and maybe for the next two though. Once that happens, begin the comparisons.

HarlemHeat37
03-12-2009, 01:35 PM
The comparisons don't begin there though..Jordan did it 6 times..Kobe has played poorly in every NBA finals he's been in, including blowing 2004 for the Lakers by trying to steal the show, and allowing his team to lose a 24-point lead last year..no comparison..

I don't mind trash talking to Kobe..if you guys watched the game last night, Artest was the one fucking up..his gamble on Kobe's 3 with 4 seconds left on the shot clock was pure stupidity and changed the game for Houston..if Kobe wants to be a ballhog and try to beat us all by himself, he can feel free, that's a good strategy for me..

manu_maniac
03-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Cane wasn't even comparing Kobe & Jordan. He was just trying to picture how intense trash talk between the two in their prime might be like.

AussieFanKurt
03-12-2009, 04:04 PM
haha thats actually a pretty funny video
trash talking kobe, is like trash talking lebron
he'll just fuck you up really at will

unless your brucey

21_Blessings
03-12-2009, 04:07 PM
no Jordan comparisons please :bang, leagues better than kobe. He won championships being the primary option on a team. Which is something Hakeem, Tim, Shaq etc. have done. I do believe Kobe has a chance to do the same this year, and maybe for the next two though. Once that happens, begin the comparisons.

Kobe won 3 championships as the primary closer. And in 01/02 him and Shaq traded games as the primary option. You're pretty dumb.

Oh and he's not done yet.

Spursmania
03-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Better tell Kobe not to celebrate too early... like the first game of the season against us...

I was at that game. I remember watching Kobe's ball dance and the Lakers celebrating early. And then Mason just schooled them. And, Kobe's face said it all, he was disgusted.:lol

Spursmania
03-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Bowen doesn't trash talk. I think he knows better than to trash talk with Kobe.

HarlemHeat37
03-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Kobe won 3 championships as the primary closer. And in 01/02 him and Shaq traded games as the primary option. You're pretty dumb.

of course he was the primary closer, he's the swingman..

Shaq was always the #1 option in the playoffs, please don't use selective memory..any non-Kobe homer will tell you Shaq was always getting doubled and even tripled, while Kobe saw mostly single coverage..the Pistons series is the only one I remember where Shaq was consistently played in single coverage while Kobe was hounded, and you saw what happened..

Kobe has ZERO titles as a #1 option..Z-E-R-O..he has a few more years to do it though, so we'll see how he responds..it hasn't been good from what we've seen though..see: 2004, 2008

anonoftheinternets
03-12-2009, 04:22 PM

lol "primary closer" is that what the folks at bspn call it these days? :lol, you are either the primary option or you are not. Simple. No excuses.

But that being said, I agree that he is not done. I look to him to win atleast 1 or maybe even 2 championships as primary option before he retires.

AussieFanKurt
03-12-2009, 04:27 PM
I was at that game. I remember watching Kobe's ball dance and the Lakers celebrating early. And then Mason just schooled them. And, Kobe's face said it all, he was disgusted.:lol

that moment was gold :lmao

MrChug
03-12-2009, 05:02 PM

:lol

mytespurs
03-12-2009, 05:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chmJTDwqQoM

good thing Bowens not known for trash talking and just handling business

I agree and I doubt that's his style or any of the Spurs for that matter. That's why I love the Spurs; they may be boring to some as all get up but they are competitive, they win, and they do it with class. :toast

DrHouse
03-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Eh it's hard to get too excited over a game against the Spurs anymore. They just don't strike the same fear they once used to, their defense is probably the worst it has ever been at any point in this decade.

It's unfortunate that all the big games against the Cavs and Celtics are already over.

mytespurs
03-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Eh it's hard to get too excited over a game against the Spurs anymore. They just don't strike the same fear they once used to, their defense is probably the worst it has ever been at any point in this decade.

It's unfortunate that all the big games against the Cavs and Celtics are already over.

Then I guess you won't be wasting your time watching this game eh? :hat

Ignignokt
03-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Jordan had better charisma, and more ref help than kobe.

usckk
03-12-2009, 06:41 PM

haha. And then Mason mocked him.

SA210
03-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Bowen should be starting.