PDA

View Full Version : MLB The Show 09

Thunder Dan
03-12-2009, 10:54 AM
I got the game and the game is pretty cool except for a few things I can't figure out

could someone give me the dummy's guide for baserunning? I played 2 games last night and could only figure out that L1 is the advance a runner, and that L2 is steal, but I can't figure out how to like advance a guy from first to 2nd and hold a guy at 3rd, or like move a guy from 3rd while keeping another on a base

I swear I've tried for about 2 hours and couldn't grasp it. I looked in the book and there are like 3 pages of instructions that all contradict eachother.

Also, a guy I was playing was IMing me during the game on the game's software. It would show up at the bottom of the game screen during the game. How do you do that?

SAtown
03-12-2009, 11:05 AM
As far as baserunning, I'm pretty sure you have to point to the base/baserunner (with the left stick) you want to steal a base, then press L2 or whatever. At least that's how it was in MLB Show 08. (If it didn't help you, go to operationsports.com SCEA MLB the Show 09 section, there's tons of people that can help you)

Besides that, how do you like the game?

Thunder Dan
03-12-2009, 11:06 AM
As far as baserunning, I'm pretty sure you have to point to the base/baserunner (with the left stick) you want to steal a base, then press L2 or whatever. At least that's how it was in MLB Show 08.

Besides that, how do you like the game?

it's pretty good other than when I hit balls the the gaps I only get singles because I can't run the bases haha

Thunder Dan
03-12-2009, 11:12 AM
do you know what I'm talking about though with the instant chat? Is that like speech to text from his headset or something?

SAtown
03-12-2009, 11:15 AM
I wish I did, cuz I'd help you out with it. When I played the Show 08, I didn't have a mic or headset or anything, and only played online a couple of times (since the game has downloadable settings/sliders/rosters, there's no need for me to go online). I'd check for you, but unfortunately I moved out of the country a week and a half ago... :depressed :lol

SAtown
03-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Here's the direct link to the Show forum at OS: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb/

Thunder Dan
03-12-2009, 11:30 AM
cool. no problem. Thanks for the link I'll figure it out

BlackSwordsMan
03-12-2009, 04:37 PM
you can instant message people online by pressing the button in the middle and looking for messages
that's how it works for xbox