PDA

View Full Version : 3 Years in prison for throwing a shoe at....

InK
03-12-2009, 12:13 PM
...a dickhead and missing. Swift justice.

ChumpDumper
03-12-2009, 12:18 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090312/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iraq

Yeah, it was assault, but that seems a little steep. Apparently there is an appeals process.

George Gervin's Afro
03-12-2009, 12:22 PM
...a dickhead and missing. Swift justice.

when's the hanging?

DarrinS
03-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Ha ha.

I thought this was going to be about the man who threw the show at Ahmadinejad.

balli
03-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Meh, I'd have hit him, but I'd take three years for a chance to chuck a shoe at dubya. This guy's going into jail as a symbolic martyr and he'll leave as a proud hero.

Ignignokt
03-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Meh, I'd have hit him, but I'd take three years for a chance to chuck a shoe at dubya. This guy's going into jail as a symbolic martyr and he'll leave as a proud hero.

He's gonna have a huge symbol to thats gonna hurt when he has to take a seat or ride a bike.

I would never chose prison, thats gay. Literaly.

MannyIsGod
03-12-2009, 01:15 PM
You pull a stunt like that against a head of state then you deserve what you get. Even Bush was still a president. Hey, part of having courage to make a statement means that you understand there will be repercussions and you do it anway.

Whisky Dog
03-12-2009, 01:21 PM
That's a ridiculous sentence, shouldn't be any more than 1 year.

MannyIsGod
03-12-2009, 01:25 PM
You throw a fucking shoe at a head of state. Had he put out an eye or something, would he then deserve this kind of time? Fuck that man, it sets a horrible precedent to allow this kind of thing to happen with lax punishment. I'm not even sure 3 years is enough, much less too harsh.

Galileo
03-12-2009, 01:32 PM
That's one and a half years for each shoe! Egads!! My sister threw a shoe at me once, should she be thrown in the pen for 18 months!!!

LnGrrrR
03-12-2009, 01:46 PM
That's one and a half years for each shoe! Egads!! My sister threw a shoe at me once, should she be thrown in the pen for 18 months!!!

Good thing he wasnt' an octopus!

*Ba dum bump*

ChumpDumper
03-12-2009, 01:51 PM
You throw a fucking shoe at a head of state. Had he put out an eye or something, would he then deserve this kind of time? Fuck that man, it sets a horrible precedent to allow this kind of thing to happen with lax punishment. I'm not even sure 3 years is enough, much less too harsh.Apparently that's the minimum there. I wonder what the sentence would be in the US.

Twisted_Dawg
03-12-2009, 08:06 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090312/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iraq

Yeah, it was assault, but that seems a little steep. Apparently there is an appeals process.

Apparently that's the minimum there. I wonder what the sentence would be in the US.

On one end of the Arab justice spectrum is beheading, followed by getting your hands cut off for stealing, nuts cut off for rape.......and then on the other end of the spectrum there is 3 years prison for tossing shoes at a U.S. President. So that 3 years would equate to 30 days of a probated misdemeanor sentence here.

johnsmith
03-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Hank Scorpio: Hey, look at my feet. You like those moccasins? Look in your closet; there's a pair for you. Don't like them? Then neither do I!
[throws them out the door]

Hank Scorpio: Get the hell outta here! Ever see a guy say good-bye to a shoe?

Homer: [chuckles] Yes, once.

Wild Cobra
03-12-2009, 09:19 PM
It's the Iraqi justice system. I'm surprised it isn't more harsh. We must be doing something right over there.

ducks
03-12-2009, 11:24 PM
a bullet would be cheaper

Jacob1983
03-12-2009, 11:56 PM
If he had thrown a shoe at Obama, he would have been sentenced to death.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 01:00 AM
It's the Iraqi justice system. I'm surprised it isn't more harsh. We must be doing something right over there.Just don't ask about women's rights in Afghanistan.

LockBeard
03-13-2009, 09:29 AM

Don't forget to frame the poster of him up on your wall. It makes all the difference.

btw, what happened to the dude that threw a shoe at Ahmadinejad earlier this week?

Jacob1983
03-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Please explain to me how this guy is a hero? How many lives did he save by throwing shoes at Bush? What good came from the shoe throwing? The guy didn't even make contact with Bush when he threw the shoes so it's an epic fail if you ask me.

InK
03-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Please explain to me how this guy is a hero? How many lives did he save by throwing shoes at Bush? What good came from the shoe throwing? The guy didn't even make contact with Bush when he threw the shoes so it's an epic fail if you ask me.

You know, when someone is responsible for hundreds of thousends lives lost becasue he made an error of judgment people tend to get pissed off. The guy is a national hero because he throw a shoe at that other guy, which was more then the culminative effort from the rest of the country. It's not that hard to understand WHY from where im sitting.

angel_luv
03-13-2009, 01:20 PM
I think the sentence was too severe.

The man threw a shoe, not a bomb. The act did not warrent three years imprisonment.
Though the behavior is not acceptable he should have been punished with a fine, loss of credentials, and been forced to make restitution if not to President Bush then to the community through service or a cash donation.

Three years in jail for throwing shoes is crazy!

Yes I realize he threw the shoe at the President of the United States but justice says to punish the offense on the merit of the offensive.
If the reporter had thrown his shoe at a fellow reporter or spectator, the news coverage would have been way less and if charges were pressed, my guess is that the consequences would have been less too.