PDA

View Full Version : My belief in "True Love" came crashing down!!

2Blonde
03-12-2009, 01:08 PM
I mean, who could have ever seen this coming!?!?!

"Nothing personal, I just want to be able to tell people I'm single" (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/770378/palins-daughter-fiance-break-up)

I thought they would surely last. :rolleyes

BacktoBasics
03-12-2009, 01:13 PM
She's a joke, her moms a joke and McCain along will all his followers are a joke for expecting us to take them all seriously.

This is what America has boiled down to. A fucking circus show.

balli
03-12-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm almost incapable of talking about that woman, her family and her supporters without feeling violent and angry, but of course, the tabloids were the first news outlets to report this. The Spears family of American politics everybody.

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2009, 01:18 PM
does she qualify as a MILF?

Viva Las Espuelas
03-12-2009, 01:27 PM
just think that obama's mom held on to her baby's daddy for about a year and a half more than this girls'. that mere year and a half cast out any stigma and inevitable end result that teenage pregnancies normal have. :rolleyes

PM5K
03-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Damn I was hoping 2Blondes husband had dumped her, what a selfish prick I am...

ploto
03-12-2009, 01:38 PM
I always believed that the claims they were getting married were for political reasons only. They had to say that to conservative Republican voters.

mrsmaalox
03-12-2009, 01:39 PM
just think that obama's mom held on to her baby's daddy for about a year and a half more than this girls'. that mere year and a half cast out any stigma and inevitable end result that teenage pregnancies normal have. :rolleyes

Not only that year and a half. Obama's mom wasn't paraded around as beacon of hope to all Americans that a teenage pregnancy could have a fairy tale ending; it only has to last as long as the grandmother is able to exploit it for political gain!!

balli
03-12-2009, 01:41 PM
And Obama picked himself up, went to Harvard, excelled and became POTUS. What's this girl or her kid ever going to do besides live off mommy's book deal. If she's lucky she'll end up getting a job a Taco Bell someday, but probably even that would be setting her sights too high.

BacktoBasics
03-12-2009, 01:44 PM
I was definitely prepared to ask for nudes as I entered this thread.

mrsmaalox
03-12-2009, 01:45 PM

Poor B2B, things just never go his way!! :)

Viva Las Espuelas
03-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Not only that year and a half. Obama's mom wasn't paraded around as beacon of hope to all Americans that a teenage pregnancy could have a fairy tale ending; it only has to last as long as the grandmother is able to exploit it for political gain!!
i'm sure granny called everyone to bring their cameras. :rolleyes

Viva Las Espuelas
03-12-2009, 01:49 PM
And Obama picked himself up, went to Harvard, excelled and became POTUS. What's this girl or her kid ever going to do besides live off mommy's book deal. If she's lucky she'll end up getting a job a Taco Bell someday, but probably even that would be setting her sights too high.
i see everyone is adhering to change now

Strike
I think that family should do the baby a favor and let that baby be adopted by a nice family of polar bears. Probably give the kid a better chance, anyway.

mrsmaalox
i'm sure granny called everyone to bring their cameras. :rolleyes

Well we are sure of one granny who did!!!

Bigzax
03-12-2009, 02:03 PM
pssst, elections over, you can let it go now.

whottt
03-12-2009, 02:17 PM
So do ya'll hate all women and their daughters who get pregnant and elect to have the babies? Or just the ones that get offered the VP nomination and accept it?

whottt
03-12-2009, 02:19 PM
I think that family should do the baby a favor and let that baby be adopted by a nice family of polar bears. Probably give the kid a better chance, anyway.

I think some day you should come home and get shot in the head and die...I think you'd be better off that way. :lmao

You're so...liberal.

balli
03-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Or just the ones that get offered the VP nomination and accept it?
That. Especially the unqualified ones who preach abstinence only.

And this isn't the reason anybody hates Palin. She hate-able enough without taking her daughter's pregnancy into consideration.

Sarah Palin
03-12-2009, 02:21 PM
So do ya'll hate all women and their daughters who get pregnant and elect to have the babies? Or just the ones that get offered the VP nomination and accept it?

The Real America understands how it is. You betcha!!

Sarah Palin
03-12-2009, 02:22 PM
pssst, elections over, you can let it go now.

Hang on for 2012!!!

whottt
03-12-2009, 02:25 PM

She wasn't selling fairy tales, people like her because she's got the same problems everybody else does.

Which fairytale was she selling?

The only I thing I see her selling is that she's not the type that takes the easy way out and says one thing and then does another.

This only makes me like her more.

I got a niece in the same situation as her daughter...only she's got two kids.

Life happens.

But go ahead and keep judging if it makes you feel superior.

I. Hustle
03-12-2009, 02:27 PM

As was I

whottt
03-12-2009, 02:28 PM
That. Especially the unqualified ones who preach abstinence only.

Oh I see...you're upset because you can't tolerate anyone with a different view than yourself. I get it now :tu

You're a good lib balla.

And this isn't the reason anybody hates Palin. She hate-able enough without taking her daughter's pregnancy into consideration.

Well it's good to see you're in touch with your hate...like a good liberal should be.

whottt
03-12-2009, 02:30 PM
I think I'm starting to get the difference...

Republicans - hate terrorists
Democrats - hate women who have preganant daughters and the audacity to accept a VP nomination while having a different view than liberals.

Got it...it makes so much sense now.

whottt
03-12-2009, 02:32 PM
The Real America understands how it is. You betcha!!

The real Sarah Palin would have accepted my friendship request. You just don't get it do you?

Viva Las Espuelas
03-12-2009, 02:39 PM
this should get good.

mrsmaalox
03-12-2009, 02:47 PM
She wasn't selling fairy tales, people like her because she's got the same problems everybody else does.

Which fairytale was she selling?

The only I thing I see her selling is that she's not the type that takes the easy way out and says one thing and then does another.

This only makes me like her more.

I got a niece in the same situation as her daughter...only she's got two kids.

Life happens.

But go ahead and keep judging if it makes you feel superior.
It doesn't make me feel superior. It makes me very sad for Bristol Palin. I think we all know girls who have been in that situation. I had a good friend in HS that went thru that and it wasn't all peachy, smiles, and camera ops. It was tough. And she had a loving supportive family who took care of her and her baby as long as they needed it. But not on an international stage. As far as Sarah Palin being virtuous for supporting her and going thru with the candidacy I could'nt disagree more. Maybe your niece thought having 2 kids out of wedlock was the greatest thing since canned beer, but it's not like that for most teenaged girls. And as a mother I believe that no loving, caring mother would put her own daughter on that kind of public display. She didn't know that her own daughter would be scrutinized, made jokes of on television, and be held as an example? Give me a break!! Sarah Palin is the most selfish kind of mother there is. She willingly allowed her daughter, who she is supposed to protect with all her life, to go thru this humiliation on a public stage, for her own benefit!!!

2Blonde
03-12-2009, 02:53 PM

As was I

It's not my problem you didn't save the bravatar pics. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
03-12-2009, 02:57 PM
It doesn't make me feel superior. It makes me very sad for Bristol Palin. I think we all know girls who have been in that situation. I had a good friend in HS that went thru that and it wasn't all peachy, smiles, and camera ops. It was tough. And she had a loving supportive family who took care of her and her baby as long as they needed it. But not on an international stage. As far as Sarah Palin being virtuous for supporting her and going thru with the candidacy I could'nt disagree more. Maybe your niece thought having 2 kids out of wedlock was the greatest thing since canned beer, but it's not like that for most teenaged girls. And as a mother I believe that no loving, caring mother would put her own daughter on that kind of public display. She didn't know that her own daughter would be scrutinized, made jokes of on television, and be held as an example? Give me a break!! Sarah Palin is the most selfish kind of mother there is. She willingly allowed her daughter, who she is supposed to protect with all her life, to go thru this humiliation on a public stage, for her own benefit!!!

okaaaayyy

whottt
03-12-2009, 03:01 PM
I don't know what most teenage girls think all I know is that my niece wanted to have her kids. So I don't think you can automatically attribute her daughter's decision as one imposed on her.

Palin has the personal view that life begins at conception...but there is not a shred of evidence anywhere in her political career that she would govern from the right. There is a difference between a personal view and a political view....

And for the thousandth time, ROE V WADE will never be overturned.

Roe herself tried to get it overturned you see.

And BTW, Palin doesn't believe in abstinence only.

As for her daughter, maybe she doesn't think her daughter has anything to be ashamed of...

And I understand why you could be angry that she doesn't hide her daughter from people like you eviscerating her....and let's be clear about this, what ever trauma her daughter is undergoing, it's because of you and people like you, not Sarah Palin.

She's probably as shocked that a woman like you would go after daughter as you are that Sarah refuses to be a coward or advocate that for her child.

...but maybe she's not the type to run away and doesn't want to teach her daughter to be that way either.

CosmicCowboy
03-12-2009, 03:05 PM

:lol

I didn't need to. That glorious picture is permanently branded in my cortex.

*wiping the drool off the corner of my moustache from just being reminded*

whottt
03-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Just so we're clear on this Mrs. Maalox:

I'm almost incapable of talking about that woman, her family and her supporters without feeling violent and angry, but of course, the tabloids were the first news outlets to report this. The Spears family of American politics everybody.

She's a joke, her moms a joke and McCain along will all his followers are a joke for expecting us to take them all seriously.

"Nothing personal, I just want to be able to tell people I'm single" (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/770378/palins-daughter-fiance-break-up)

These are the people that go after teenage girls...all because they disgree with her mother and want to hurt the mother...the daughter is just fodder to them to be used to justify their dislike of the mother. Then they blame the mother for their own actions.

It's not Sarah Palin doing that...I don't think I've ever heard her go after any teenage girls. Not even the ones that have abortions.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-12-2009, 03:27 PM
WfukfbfjIL4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfukfbfjIL4

mrsmaalox
03-12-2009, 03:28 PM
okaaaayyy I don't expect any man to understand a mother's point of view.

I don't know what most teenage girls think all I know is that my niece wanted to have her kids. So I don't think you can automatically attribute her daughter's decision as one imposed on her.

Palin has the personal view that life begins at conception...but there is not a shred of evidence anywhere in her political career that she would govern from the right. There is a difference between a personal view and a political view....

And for the thousandth time, ROE V WADE will never be overturned.

Roe herself tried to get it overturned you see.

And BTW, Palin doesn't believe in abstinence only.

As for her daughter, maybe she doesn't think her daughter has anything to be ashamed of...

And I understand why you could be angry that she doesn't hide her daughter from people like you eviscerating her....and let's be clear about this, what ever trauma her daughter is undergoing, it's because of you and people like you, not Sarah Palin.

She's probably as shocked that a woman like you would go after daughter as you are that Sarah refuses to be a coward or advocate that for her child.

...but maybe she's not the type to run away and doesn't want to teach her daughter to be that way either.
I'm not arguing about abstinence or Roe vs Wade or whatever so I don't know why you'd bring that up. Where did I imply Bristol was being forced to keep the child? I think she has every right to. As she has every right to do it in the privacy and security of her loving family. Did I say Sarah or Bristol Palin had anything to be ashamed of?? And why do you think you can accuse me of "eviscerating" Bristol Palin? Where did I do that? My problem is with her mother choosing to let her live out this drama in the public eye. You want to make this a political argument and I have absolutely no interest in that. I'm sorry, but I think that if any of them is suffering it's because of people like you. People who can't see beyond their own noses or put themselves in the shoes of an unwed,pregnant teenager.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Aunt Flow must be in town.

whottt
03-12-2009, 03:35 PM
My problem is with her mother choosing to let her live out this drama in the public eye.

You mean the drama created by the public...the public that disagrees with Sarah Palin or supported Obama.

That's who you mean right?

You want to make this a political argument and I have absolutely no interest in that. I'm sorry, but I think that if any of them is suffering it's because of people like you. People who can't see beyond their own noses or put themselves in the shoes of an unwed,pregnant teenager.

She not suffering because of me...she's not suffering because of the baby. If she's suffering it's because her boyfriend and her just split up and because people are using that, and her, to go after he mother.

I don't really think you speak for Bristol Palin...she probably loves her mother and is proud of her and wouldn't to do anything to hurt her. You on the other hand...hate her Mother. I imagine you two couldn't be further apart on this issue if you tried.

PM5K
03-12-2009, 03:42 PM

Who said I didn't?

Who said that sometimes I don't go out at night and hold that scooter you sold me close to my body and think of the time that I was just a few feet away from you..........

:lol

mrsmaalox
03-12-2009, 03:45 PM
You mean the drama created by the public...the public that disagrees with Sarah Palin or supported Obama.

That's who you mean right?

She not suffering because of me...she's not suffering because of the baby. If she's suffering it's because her boyfriend and her just split up and because people are using that, and her, to go after he mother.

No I mean the drama created by the public when Sarah Palin decided that her daughter should be open to the scrutiny that all family members of candidates are.

I know she's not suffering because of you. I just said that because it was as asinine as you saying she was suffering because me and my nonexistant "evisceration"! :)

2Blonde
03-12-2009, 03:59 PM

Just so we're clear on this Mrs. Maalox:

These are the people that go after teenage girls...all because they disgree with her mother and want to hurt the mother...the daughter is just fodder to them to be used to justify their dislike of the mother. Then they blame the mother for their own actions.

It's not Sarah Palin doing that...I don't think I've ever heard her go after any teenage girls. Not even the ones that have abortions.
Just so we're clear... I did not go after Sarah Palin through her daughter. I made no political statements at all and never even mentioned her name until now.

My thread was about teenagers thinking that their love will "last forever". How many times have you heard teens spouting "...but we love each other!" or the writing "Jack + Jill = 4Ever & Mrs. Jack Doe" all over their notebooks?

The chances a (any) teen marriage making it til' 4EVER are almost nil. How many on this board have been married for longer than, say 15 years,to the guy/girl they were dating at 16? Teens who end up marrying in high school overwhelmingly don't make a successful go of it in the long run.

My purpose for this thread was simply an adult perspective in teen thought processes. Lighten up!!!:toast

whottt
03-12-2009, 04:05 PM
No I mean the drama created by the public

Why do you call it the public? Why don't you just call them who they are...Pro-Choicers with a knee jerk reaction to Palin's pro-life stance, and Obama supporters.

when Sarah Palin decided that her daughter should be open to the scrutiny that all family members of candidates are.

Any candidate who runs for political office opens their family up to the scruitiny of the public...Sarah Palin isn't the first, and she won't be the last.

Why the doublestandard?

I know she's not suffering because of you. I just said that because it was as asinine as you saying she was suffering because me and my nonexistant "evisceration"! :)

But you are...you're attacking the mother through the daughter. That's exactly what you're doing. You are the one exploiting her...

And the election is long since over...so exactly how is Sarah doing anything now?

mrsmaalox
03-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Just to be clear: I don't hate Sarah Palin or give a rat's ass about her politics; I dislike vehemently any woman who wouldn't do whatever it took (including refusing the VP candidacy) to protect her daughter and give her a chance at some semblance of normalcy. That's just me.
But if you truly feel that Bristol Palin's life has been made better by this circus then I won't argue that with you. I just don't think her life has been made better and I think iher mother could have done something about it.

whottt
03-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Just to be clear: I don't hate Sarah Palin or give a rat's ass about her politics; I dislike vehemently any woman who wouldn't do whatever it took (including refusing the VP candidacy) to protect her daughter and give her a chance at some semblance of normalcy. That's just me.

So why aren't we having this dicussion about Michelle Obama?

I mean she put her daughters right there in front of the same camera...and they're younger than Bristol Palin is.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-12-2009, 04:13 PM
sometimes you just gotta break free of the tit. sorry. i didn't pop out a child out of my vagina, so i may not know what i'm talking about or have a certain point of view, but you gotta let your kids develop a backbone. we don't need another wave of sobbing millennials to roam this earth.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-12-2009, 04:14 PM

I mean she put her daughters right there in front of the same camera...and they're younger than Bristol Palin is.
she must be fascinated with her toned arms instead

mrsmaalox
03-12-2009, 04:15 PM

I mean she put her daughters right there in front of the same camera...

Because as stupid as the public/media may be they have always had a bit more mercy on children. Remember, Chelsea Clinton got a free pass until she became a teenager.

And as far as any politician goes, I think it takes a certain "type" to be able to put so many, many things ahead of their families. Just one of the reasons I dislike/distrust them so!

mrsmaalox
03-12-2009, 04:18 PM
sometimes you just gotta break free of the tit. sorry. i didn't pop out a child out of my vagina, so i may not know what i'm talking about or have a certain point of view, but you gotta let your kids develop a backbone. we don't need another wave of sobbing millennials to roam this earth.

Wow that was too rude for me to even respond.

Sarah Palin
03-12-2009, 04:23 PM

You ain't heard me after a few shots and a few pints. :toast

whottt
03-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Just so we're clear... I did not go after Sarah Palin through her daughter. I made no political statements at all and never even mentioned her name until now.

My thread was about teenagers thinking that their love will "last forever". How many times have you heard teens spouting "...but we love each other!" or the writing "Jack + Jill = 4Ever & Mrs. Jack Doe" all over their notebooks?

The chances a (any) teen marriage making it til' 4EVER are almost nil. How many on this board have been married for longer than, say 15 years,to the guy/girl they were dating at 16? Teens who end up marrying in high school overwhelmingly don't make a successful go of it in the long run.

My purpose for this thread was simply an adult perspective in teen thought processes. Lighten up!!!:toast

Nice try, but I remember your stance from the last time we had this dicussion...I'm funny like that. So maybe that is all you were trying to do but I already know the way you interpret her Pro-life stance into a threat to a woman's right to choose.

And I'm always light on this board. What you interpret as heaviness I prefer to call going against the grain.

Sarah Palin
03-12-2009, 04:26 PM
she must be fascinated with her toned arms instead

As am I. That girl is toned!!

whottt
03-12-2009, 04:28 PM
You ain't heard me after a few shots and a few pints. :toast

I'll have respect for you as a troll when you accept my friendship request and not until then...in the absence of that, you are just cluelessly flailing about and ending posts with "you betcha".

clambake
03-12-2009, 04:28 PM
loving this thread.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Wow that was too rude for me to even respond.
rude?

MannyIsGod
03-12-2009, 04:36 PM
this should get good.

Meh - we won. I could care less about how much Whottt loves her now that she's never going to be in the White House.

JoeChalupa
03-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Sarah knows the political games and she made her own decision and sadly it was to go ahead and accept the nomination knowing full well that her life, family and everything that goes with it would be under scrutiny.
I don't think candidate's children are fair game but when they become, fairly or not, part of your platform for choosing pro-life, which I am, and marriage and so forth and then this comes out she, or anyone else, shouldn't be surprised that it becomes news.
It is what it is.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Meh - we won.
we?

Whottt loves her now that she's never going to be in the White House.
funny. that's what they said about a black man. :wakeup

whottt
03-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Actually it's going to be simple to take Obama down...we simply go after his kids and all the people going after Palin now will vote against him on the basis that he is selfish and putting his family behind his career.

Right Manny?

clambake
we?

yeah, we. you do understand our participation is what made the victory possible, don't you?

those are the guys that lost.

JoeChalupa
Oh, Sarah will be back....you betcha!!!

whottt
03-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Meh - we won. I could care less about how much Whottt loves her now that she's never going to be in the White House.

Just how much less could you care?

whottt
03-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Oh, Sarah will be back....you betcha!!!

Do the right thing!

MannyIsGod
03-12-2009, 04:47 PM
we?

Yes we.

Oh - well then obviously she'll be elected in 2012.

MannyIsGod
03-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Actually it's going to be simple to take Obama down...we simply go after his kids and all the people going after Palin now will vote against him on the basis that he is selfish and putting his family behind his career.

Right Manny?

Hey - if you think thats whats going to work for you knock yourself out.

MannyIsGod
03-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Just how much less could you care?

Good catch, but the scoreboard still reads the same. :toast

JoeChalupa
03-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Do the right thing!

I did. :tu The time has come, the time is.....my bad,....flashback.

whottt
03-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Hey - if you think thats whats going to work for you knock yourself out.

I think the women will come around.

You know how they like it to be their decision :smokin

They didn't like Palin because she was a man's choice and they viewed her a pretty transparent attempt to pander and she wasn't actually at the top of the ticket.

I personally think McCain would have been completely smeared in this election if she hadn't been on the ticket...I wouldn't have voted for him.

You guys just didn't focus on the one heartbeat away thing enough. Dammit.

In 2012 it'll be a much different story, Hillary gave Obama all he could handle, and Palin's got a lot more charisma than Hillary does, better diplomat too.

After the next 4 years of attacks and proving she won't back down or crumble...she's going to be a lot more popular than she is now.

whottt
03-12-2009, 04:55 PM
I did. :tu The time has come, the time is.....my bad,....flashback.

I owe you :tu

2Blonde
03-12-2009, 05:02 PM

Nice try, but I remember your stance from the last time we had this dicussion...I'm funny like that. So maybe that is all you were trying to do but I already know the way you interpret her Pro-life stance into a threat to a woman's right to choose.

And I'm always light on this board. What you interpret as heaviness I prefer to call going against the grain.

We've had a discussion about teens thinking they will get married in high school and their love/marriage will last forever??? You obviously have a better memory than me.

I looked back at this thread to be sure about what I posted today (after I'm old & the memory is going) & I couldn't find anyplace where I brought up the subject of teen mom's, Pro-Choice, Sarah Palin or politics. My views on any of those things are irrelevant.

Once again, my post was about the durability of teen relationships. And since I am the mother of a daughter, who will be 17 in 4 days, I am have a little bit of experience in the teen relationship arena. Oh yeah, once, a very, very long time ago, I was a teenage girl who thought my boyfriend and I would be together forever.:p:

MannyIsGod
03-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Arguing with Whottt on this subject is pretty damn fruitless, 2blonde. Check the political forum threads from this fall. Dude loves what he loves.

PakiDan
03-12-2009, 05:13 PM
DAMN! For a moment there I thought this was my in....

MiamiHeat
03-12-2009, 05:20 PM
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9566/feedingfrenzy1.jpg

James Earl Ray
03-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Actually it's going to be simple to take Obama down...

yup.

whottt
03-12-2009, 05:28 PM
We've had a discussion about teens thinking they will get married in high school and their love/marriage will last forever??? You obviously have a better memory than me.

I looked back at this thread to be sure about what I posted today (after I'm old & the memory is going) & I couldn't find anyplace where I brought up the subject of teen mom's, Pro-Choice, Sarah Palin or politics. My views on any of those things are irrelevant.

Once again, my post was about the durability of teen relationships. And since I am the mother of a daughter, who will be 17 in 4 days, I am have a little bit of experience in the teen relationship arena. Oh yeah, once, a very, very long time ago, I was a teenage girl who thought my boyfriend and I would be together forever.:p:

Ok fine. Teen love usually ends in disappointment...not exactly Earth Shattering news. Not for one second do I believe your political views didn't have something to with your selection of Bristol Palin to make this point.

whottt
03-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Arguing with Whottt on this subject is pretty damn fruitless, 2blonde. Check the political forum threads from this fall. Dude loves what he loves.

Totally different situations. This fall was about you guys thinking you had a free ride and cakewalk. IF I hadn't been in there it would have been a 24/7 non-stop Obama suckfest...and someone had to protect the integrity of the political forum bearing the ST brand. Someone had to represent diversity..and it damn sure wasn't you guys that were going to do it.

whottt
03-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Sarah Palin
Believe.

Team: Portland Trailblazers
SpursTalk Cash: $3750
Friends: 1

:elephant :spin :elephant

:king :smokin

2Blonde
03-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Ok fine. Teen love usually ends in disappointment...not exactly Earth Shattering news. Not for one second do I believe your political views didn't have something to with your selection of Bristol Palin to make this point.

Whatever.:rolleyes The only thing that caused me to post that article was because I happened to see it at the bottom of a page that someone else linked to. In fact, Here's what I was looking at... http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=665847 But if it makes you feel better to think I actually spend my time searching for negative stuff about people who are not relevant to my day-to-day life, then by all means knock yourself out.:lol

whottt
03-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Darlin you're hot and all but that's no excuse for a weak excuse. Are you attempting to claim the fact she is Sarah Palin's daughter had nothing to do with you posting this article? Are you seriously attempting to make that claim?

It's true you have not mentioned Palin and you have not said anything about teen pregnancy, but did you seriously believe this topic was going to lead to a discussion about how teen love seldom works out?

BS.

CuckingFunt
03-12-2009, 06:42 PM
I think the women will come around.

Who are the women? And to what, exactly, will they come around?

whottt
03-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Who are the women? And to what, exactly, will they come around?

#1. The women who want to see a woman President just for the sake of seeing a woman President that weren't quite ready to jump parties because they were scared by the Roe V Wade leash the Democrats keep women on.

#2. The moderate women that didn't like Obama but voted for him because he was the known quantity, because they felt betrayed by Bush and were distrustful of McCain's intentions in selecting Palin.

#3. The conservative women that voted for Bush that voted against McCain expressly because he put a woman on the ballot.

In short...the women that voted for Bush that didn't vote for McCain, and then some.

And what they'll come around to is the realization that Palin is a non-politician, non lawyer, typical American, who governed as a centrist, not a conservative, and who was the most honest populist candidate on either ballot in this election and was smeared by the media.

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2009, 06:58 PM
#1. The women who want to see a woman President just for the sake of seeing a woman President that weren't quite ready to jump parties because they were scared by the Roe V Wade leash the Democrats keep women on.

#2. The moderate women that didn't like Obama but voted for him because he was the known quantity, because they felt betrayed by Bush and were distrustful of McCain's intentions in selecting Palin.

#3. The conservative women that voted for Bush that voted against McCain expressly because he put a woman on the ballot.

In short...the women that voted for Bush that didn't vote for McCain, and then some.

And what they'll come around to is the realization that Palin is a non-politician, non lawyer, typical American, who governed as a centrist, not a conservative, and who was the most honest populist candidate on either ballot in this election and was smeared by the media.

Theres a reason why every election i dont usually vote for the popular party or opposition cause they usually have shit candidates, then you got the independents and smaller party's; voting for these clowns who have no affect on the election is just a waste of vote....since i rarely care who runs the country/state/councils....if theres a hot chick on the ballot sheet...she gets my preference vote; she wont win anyway.

clambake
03-12-2009, 07:04 PM

or maybe its because her stupidity and schtick scared the shit out of everyone.

whottt
03-12-2009, 07:17 PM

Not at all...while those that think as the media tells them to are a powerful force(as mindless people always are when in large numbers), they weren't enough to swing the election by themselves, if they were Kerry would have won in 2004.

Palin was an overwhelming positive for the McCain campaign. Would not have been close without her.

PS: Shouldn't you be running along now? I hear Katie and Charles are about to announce some new thinking orders.

PSS: Do you sleep better with a President whose primary concern in life is which restaurant he is going to eat and be seen at tonight?

clambake
03-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Not at all...while those that think as the media tells them to are a powerful force(as mindless people always are when in large numbers), they weren't enough to swing the election by themselves, if they were Kerry would have won in 2004.
i saw her televised interviews. big mistake. i saw every pep rally.

i just hope she was deliberately dumbing down.

Palin was an overwhelming positive for the McCain campaign. Would not have been close without her.
for bush fans. you never had a chance.

PS: Shouldn't you be running along now? I hear Katie and Charles are about to announce some new thinking orders.
i have no idea what this means.

p.s. i have no problem at all if you want to throw yourself on palin.

PSS: Do you sleep better with a President whose primary concern in life is which restaurant he is going to eat and be seen at tonight?
you're better than this, whottt.

pkbpkb81
03-13-2009, 01:09 AM

where is obamas brother he would kill for some taco bell right now

LockBeard
03-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Obama's mom was white trash.

Shit happens.

I guarantee you all this kid will have a better life than 92% of all the children born under loser moms in this country. But keep feeling better about yourselves and your role in the Democrat puppet army.

JoeChalupa
03-13-2009, 11:20 AM

+1 She needs to shoulder much of the blame herself.

angel_luv
03-13-2009, 11:27 AM

I'm sorry they broke up in that I am sure it was not an easy or pain free decision to make, even if it was the right one.

Best of luck to them both.

LockBeard
03-13-2009, 11:30 AM
2Blonde would love for her daughter to be in the public spot light with losers like Bali and Clam bashing them at every chance to puff out their chests. And 40yr old women to get on internet boards and talk shit about a 18 yr old girl :lmao

SpursWoman
03-13-2009, 11:30 AM
I dislike vehemently any woman who wouldn't do whatever it took (including refusing the VP candidacy) to protect her daughter and give her a chance at some semblance of normalcy. That's just me.

So no mother should ever run for public office, or become any type of celebrity (actress, singer, etc.), because their children might not have a normal life and face your vehement dislike?

Seems like that kind of ideology sets the women's movement back a few years to me. Should we all quit our jobs and put our aprons back on? :lol

ploto
03-13-2009, 11:37 AM
She knew her daughter was pregnant and unmarried and chose to put her in this international spotlight as the candidate for VP. That is a far cry from the general exposure of having a mother as a celebrity and all the hypotheticals that could occur. Palin was already governor of a state and that was going to make it hard enough for the daughter as it was. Add on the mother's stance on sex education, and Sarah knew what she was setting her daughter up for- and did it anyway.

2Blonde
03-13-2009, 11:47 AM
2Blonde would love for her daughter to be in the public spot light with losers like Bali and Clam bashing them at every chance to puff out their chests. And 40yr old women to get on internet boards and talk shit about a 18 yr old girl :lmao

Oh, No!... my master plan has been divulged.:rolleyes

peewee's lovechild
03-13-2009, 12:24 PM

Don't worry, I still have true love for you.

peewee's lovechild
03-13-2009, 12:26 PM
The only reason there was talk of marriage was because of the election. There was no way that dude was ever going to marry that chick.

Ignignokt
03-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Wow, I gained respect for Spurswoman. THat was the most clearly levelheaded take on this board by far.

SpursWoman
03-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Wow, I gained respect for Spurswoman. THat was the most clearly levelheaded take on this board by far.

hahaha

I'd be perfectly content being a housewife and stay-at-home mom, but I make too much to be able to afford that luxury. I like buying shit.:depressed

And IMO, celebrity is celebrity, whether garnered by musical talent or political acumen, in the sense that people are judgemental assholes and if you put it out there, they are going to tear it up. I really fail to see the difference. A bigger stage? Does it really matter?

A lot of people apparently dislike Sarah Palin for whatever reason, and by association will crucify her daughter. That was going to happen whether she got knocked up, videotaped a threesome and broadcast it on the internet, or got drunk underage at a frat party with her friends. She wasn't going to be safe from all of the barracudas regardless. And whether or not Sarah Palin preached abstinence-only, that's on Sarah ... obviously Bristol doesn't share in her mother's philosophy. I wasn't aware that children were required to think exactly like their parents.

It's unfortunate that they broke up ... I hope he remains active in the child's life. Fortunately for her, it's unlikely she'll end up on food stamps.

PM5K
03-13-2009, 03:05 PM
. Should we all quit our jobs and put our aprons back on?

yes.....

SpursWoman
03-13-2009, 03:06 PM
You picking up the tab for all of my frivilous spending? I'm in. :)

AmericanWoman
03-13-2009, 03:09 PM
I used to make a hefty salary until I realized there was more to life than money. Every woman has to make her own decisions and live by them and the consequences even if it is a few slaps and punches to the face.

MiamiHeat
03-13-2009, 03:39 PM
lol ...

Ignignokt
03-13-2009, 04:09 PM
if there's any denial that america is in midst of a huge cultural battle, then this thread obliterates it all.

Richard Cranium
03-13-2009, 04:14 PM
if there's any denial that america is in midst of a huge cultural battle, then this thread obliterates it all.

The cultural battle has been an ongoing battle since the beginning of time or at least since man has been around. And women.

mrsmaalox
03-13-2009, 04:54 PM
So no mother should ever run for public office, or become any type of celebrity (actress, singer, etc.), because their children might not have a normal life and face your vehement dislike?

Seems like that kind of ideology sets the women's movement back a few years to me. Should we all quit our jobs and put our aprons back on? :lol

I didn't say that. And I certainly don't expect anyone to care whether I vehemently dislike them or not. I'm referring to this one situation. I don't think it does anything to the women's movement at all. I just feel sorry for this girl to have to live out this drama in the public eye. If her mother thinks it's okay for her daughter to be the butt of jokes on Letterman and the Daily Show as well as the internet, then by all means she should go for it. To me it all comes down to one question, "Is the kid's life better because of this?" and in most circumtances the kids lives are better for their mother's hard work. Being 18 is not easy. Being pregnant is not easy. Breaking up with your boyfriend, whom has been paraded around the national stage can definitely not be easy. But if her mother thinks it's all good....

mrsmaalox
03-13-2009, 05:05 PM

Wow you don't read very well do you? No where in this thread has any woman talked shit about an 18 yr old girl. It's all been aimed at the mother of the 18 yr old girl. Unless you mean this, the ONLY place in this thread that the 18 yr old has been talked shit about:

That was posted by a man. And I have no idea how old he is!!

SpursWoman
03-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Regardless of what she might say in public, I doubt very seriously Sarah Palin thinks it's "all good". She might be happy that her daughter didn't abort the baby, but I'd bet a whole lot of money there've been some pretty *lively* conversations in the privacy of their own home. You betcha I do. :lol

JoeChalupa
03-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Regardless of what she might say in public, I doubt very seriously Sarah Palin thinks it's "all good". She might be happy that her daughter didn't abort the baby, but I'd bet a whole lot of money there've been some pretty *lively* conversations in the privacy of their own home. You betcha I do. :lol

:lmao I remember my parents putting up a nice front for the guests but their eyes clearly told me "chancladas" were in store for me later.

SpursWoman
03-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Oh, man ... this woman is chosen to run for Vice President of the United States and her 17 year old daughter turns up pregnant? Are you kidding me? You know that woman, just like any of us would, hit the fucking roof. :wow :lol