PDA

View Full Version : BJ Penn (Officially) Loses His Mind

desflood
03-12-2009, 02:37 PM
B.J. Penn has filed a formal complaint with the Nevada State Athletic Commission, alleging that Georges St. Pierre used illegal means to gain an unfair advantage in their welterweight title bout at UFC 94 in January.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned that the complaint seeks to declare St. Pierre's victory in the Jan. 31 fight a "no contest" and requests that the NSAC suspend the licenses of St. Pierre, trainer Greg Jackson and cornerman Phil Nurse.

In addition, Penn is seeking a $250,000 fine to be levied against the trio.

The complaint states that St. Pierre's body was "highly and unnaturally slippery well beyond that contemplated and experienced by veteran mixed martial arts fighters and, based thereon, Penn alleges that the application of Vaseline/petroleum jelly or some substance to Pierre's (sic) body by his agents, employees or co-conspirators during the bout was not innocent and/or inadvertent act or mistake, but, in fact, a calculated strategy and an intentional act by Pierre to have a substance applied to his body during the bout that would result in his body becoming highly and unnaturally slippery."

"This was one hundred percent intentional and orchestrated," said attorney Raffi Nahabedian, who filed the complaint on behalf of Penn Monday. "B.J. truly believes that if he (St. Pierre) wasn't as slippery, it would have been a vastly different bout."

The complaint also states that Penn is not alone in his accusations against the UFC welterweight champion. Penn contends "other renowned mixed martial arts fighters have openly complained of and expressed statements consistent with Penn's experience during his bout against Pierre, that is, Pierre's body was highly and unnaturally slippery."

Matt Hughes, Sean Sherk and Jason Miller all have raised questions about the slipperiness of St. Pierre in their bouts against the Canadian.

The smoking gun in Penn's case against St. Pierre is the video from the fight that clearly shows Nurse massaging St. Pierre's back after applying petroleum jelly to his hands to rub St. Pierre's face between rounds. The St. Pierre camp contends that the rubbing of his back was part of a breathing technique.

"The breathing technique is a red herring," said Nahabedian in an exclusive interview with MMAjunkie.com. "It's hard to deny that something wasn't going on, and we believe the fact that he was overly slippery calls into question the integrity of the fight."

Allegations from the Penn camp have been supported by UFC President Dana White, who told the Canadian Press last month:

"Do I think that he got greased? Yeah, I do. Absolutely, 100 percent, I think that that guy (Nurse) was rubbing grease on him. Do I think Georges was trying to cheat? Absolutely not at all. But, that corner man was rubbing grease on him. You cannot do that. You put another fighter at a huge disadvantage, which is very dangerous. I think he was. I do. I think he absolutely, positively knew that he was rubbing grease on him. I do. Nobody can tell me different. I watched the tape a million times."

The complaint goes on to state that the slipperiness of St. Pierre's body made it difficult for Penn to mount an offense in the fight and utilize his trademark Brazilian jiu jitsu and grappling skills. The Penn camp also alleges that as a direct result of St. Pierre's "greasing," Penn suffered a concussion in the bout because St. Pierre was "able to readily and easily slip out of Penn's renowned defensive and offensive submission holds and techniques. As such, Penn was unable to fairly and properly defend himself."

The 20-page complaint also draws a direct comparison between "greasing up" to cheat and taking steroids to do the same. Penn asserts that achieving an unsanctioned advantage by applying a slippery substance to the body is "no different than an unarmed combatant using steroids to gain an unfair, illegal and unsanctioned advantage over his opponent."

St. Pierre won by TKO after Penn's corner stopped the bout following the fourth round.

"This complaint was filed to preserve the sanctity and credibility of the sport," said Nahabedian. "That is of paramount importance to B.J."

Penn's camp has requested an NSAC hearing on the matter. A date for a formal hearing has not been scheduled. However, issues surrounding the St. Pierre-Penn fight are due to be discussed at the commission's next meeting on Tuesday.

dbreiden83080
03-12-2009, 04:04 PM
BJ and his nuthugging faithful lost their minds long ago when he got smashed at UFC 94. I also read somewhere in there, BJ accused GSP of ingesting some kind of, pill that made him even more slippery and wants him to submit to a pre-fight shower.. :lmao:lmao

Maybe BJ wants to stand there and make sure GSP gets all the soap off when he gets out..

dbreiden83080
03-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Just saw this posted, maybe Penn should protest the Hughes loss as well..

:lmao

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu122/mindcrime9/Hughes-Greaser.gif

Evan
03-12-2009, 05:36 PM
seriously...stfu

dallaskd
03-12-2009, 06:28 PM
:lmao

polandprzem
03-13-2009, 04:49 AM
Did Penn checked which soap GSP is using?

DarkReign
03-13-2009, 08:15 PM
If Dana White agrees with him, why doesnt he do something about it?

dbreiden83080
03-14-2009, 02:43 PM
seriously...stfu

U talking to me??

Evan
03-14-2009, 03:26 PM

Dana has no problem with GSP, just that trainer and they changed the rules because of this happening.

U talking to me??

lol no dude...just BJ's bitching.

dbreiden83080
03-14-2009, 03:55 PM
lol no dude...just BJ's bitching.

My Bad..

It's fine that he has done something about it and what happened should not have but, asking for a NC, out of this is a bit much. BJ publically actually has pretty much not made any excuses but privately has been making a million of them for the loss.. BJ got beat-down bad because GSP is the better fighter, this greese stuff has been a side-show circus act. As a mega GSP fan it annoys me this has taken so much away from probably the biggest win of his career. But if GSP wants to blame someone, Phil Nurse (The Cornerman) is the guy to blame really. He should have been more careful with what he was doing, handling all that vaseline the way he did.. But BJ 100% did not lose that fight because of anything that happened in GSP's corner..

Evan
03-14-2009, 04:07 PM
My Bad...

No worries :toast

Besides...I have never talked to anyone like that here. :toast

Evan
03-15-2009, 04:21 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/barton5050/2n7kpdl.gif

dbreiden83080
03-15-2009, 06:08 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/barton5050/2n7kpdl.gif

Greese all over that glove before he caved his face in, and in the one in my sig right Evan??

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr77/toropreto/ufc%2094/pierre-vs-penn-1.gif

Evan
03-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeece!