PDA

View Full Version : Would you guys just Die already?

LakeShow
03-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Damn! I must admit that I thought the Spurs would be done this season. I expected them to be fighting for a 6th or 7th seed. I was wrong. The Spurs made some nice pickups and are doing well. I'm going to give you props for that. :toast

That said, :stirpot: I still have all the confidence in the world that the Lakers would beat the Spurs in the playoffs. Pop is no match for Phil in a 7 game series. He seems to go brain dead when he faces the Lakers and Phil Jackson. Jackson will make adjustments in a 7 game series that will throw pop in a loop and get him making dumb adjustments to counter Jackson's adjustments.

Tonights game is just another game, win or lose it doesnt tell the story of what these teams will do in the playoffs. In the playoffs, the Spurs bring out the best in the Lakers and I expect them to be at their best again when it matters.

nkdlunch
03-12-2009, 02:46 PM
no

samikeyp
03-12-2009, 02:47 PM
What fun would that be? :)

LakeShow
03-12-2009, 02:47 PM
no

:pctoss :lol

Red Hawk #21
03-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Very classy thread title

LakeShow
03-12-2009, 02:49 PM
What fun would that be? :)

Well it's fun for us but the rest of league has to be sick of it! :lol

HORNSWOGGLE
03-12-2009, 02:49 PM
you sound like spork killer, except he doesnt ask, he demands that we die:lol

rayray2k8
03-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Misleading thread, almost felt like a troll but yeah, even I wasn't
sure how the spurs would fair out this season with just a woeful start.

CubanMustGo
03-12-2009, 02:58 PM
you sound like spork killer, except he doesnt ask, he demands that we die:lol

Naw, Lakeshow brings some decent takes from time to time. Spork is a butthurt Rox fan pretending to be a Suns fan.

101A
03-12-2009, 03:04 PM
He's got a point about Phil, however.

Only two coaches have beaten Pop this century; one used to play for him - the other is Phil; and he's done it 4 times! Phil makes series and game adjustments that Pop has problems matching; takes the Spurs out of their comfort zone.

arodz
03-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Pop is no match for Phil in a 7 game series. He seems to go brain dead when he faces the Lakers and Phil Jackson. Jackson will make adjustments in a 7 game series that will throw pop in a loop and get him making dumb adjustments to counter Jackson's adjustments.

That statement alone give you NO credability. :lol :lol :lol :lol

101A
03-12-2009, 03:08 PM
That statement alone give you NO credability. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Phil: 4
Pop: 1

Don't judge him too quickly.

Beaverfuzz
03-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Damn! I must admit that I thought the Spurs would be done this season. I expected them to be fighting for a 6th or 7th seed. I was wrong. The Spurs made some nice pickups and are doing well. I'm going to give you props for that. :toast

That said, :stirpot: I still have all the confidence in the world that the Lakers would beat the Spurs in the playoffs. Pop is no match for Phil in a 7 game series. He seems to go brain dead when he faces the Lakers and Phil Jackson. Jackson will make adjustments in a 7 game series that will throw pop in a loop and get him making dumb adjustments to counter Jackson's adjustments.

Tonights game is just another game, win or lose it doesnt tell the story of what these teams will do in the playoffs. In the playoffs, the Spurs bring out the best in the Lakers and I expect them to be at their best again when it matters.

Not without Bynum...LA is dead in the water.

honestfool84
03-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Not without Bynum...LA is dead in the water.

the same could be said about manu.

scanry
03-12-2009, 03:16 PM
I agree with the OP about Phil owning Pop.

Phil makes better adjustments than any coach in the NBA. Pop always seems intimidated by Phil.

in2deep
03-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Phil: 4
Pop: 1

Don't judge him too quickly.

Phil had Shaq + Kobe, it was not really his strategic genius that beat Pop the first 3 times.

I say they are even but yeah, it is ridiculous to say Pop is no match for Phil

Rummpd
03-12-2009, 03:24 PM

why would you have that confidence?

Last year a hurt Manu and a stupid no call hurt the Spurs and while you got the big Bynum coming back there is no reason to not FEAR the Spurs. Spurs big three have 10 championships between them and except for Kobe and Fisher the Lakers have proven squat in proving they DONT CHOKE under the biggest stage.

Bring on the Lakers.

lefty
03-12-2009, 03:29 PM

Look at the Spurs part in that pic; there is your answer

http://lh3.google.com/garbagetimeallstars/R_1XqCNBHII/AAAAAAAAAOQ/uzPamRMcvtM/040708_thewest02_color2-1.jpg

urunobili
03-12-2009, 03:30 PM
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/1188096596016.gif

Borosai
03-12-2009, 03:37 PM
http://www.imagehut.net/images/zwo41h5a9k0r8eulp4h.gif

urunobili
03-12-2009, 03:40 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

samikeyp
03-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Well it's fun for us but the rest of league has to be sick of it! :lol

Yeah but we are all that matter! :lol :toast

samikeyp
03-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Naw, Lakeshow brings some decent takes from time to time. Spork is a butthurt Rox fan pretending to be a Suns fan.

+1

LakeShow is good people.

lefty
03-12-2009, 03:51 PM

:rollin

Morg1411
03-12-2009, 04:08 PM

Thanks for the classy smack talk. It's refreshing. Allow me to return the sentiment: the Lakers have had a phenomenal season, and if we do wind up going head to head with them in the Playoffs (which is likely), we have our work cut out for us.

That being said, I do look forward to watching Kobe storm off of the court like a spoiled 8-year-old tonight after the Lakers lose. That's always fun.

Solid D
03-12-2009, 04:45 PM
There's a game tonight? Hmmm.

Yeah, getting Kobe the ball in the 4th quarter is always a great in-game adjustment. Phil just always seems to know the right things to do. Stuff like, get Kobe the ball and make sure Kobe is rested in the 4th so that Kobe can get the ball, n stuff like that in-game.

Spursmania
03-12-2009, 05:05 PM
http://www.imagehut.net/images/zwo41h5a9k0r8eulp4h.gifThanks for making me laugh so damn hard!!:lol

Creation88
03-12-2009, 05:07 PM
we're still the #1 team no one wants to play in the Playoffs.

Spursfan092120
03-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Is there a "laugh so hard you pee your pants" emoticon?

Transporter
03-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Rule #33 never post at ST after they lose to the Lakers.

LakeShow
03-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Sorry about starting something and not finishing. I'm at work. Don't tell anybody. :lol

There's a game tonight? Hmmm.

Yeah, getting Kobe the ball in the 4th quarter is always a great in-game adjustment. Phil just always seems to know the right things to do. Stuff like, get Kobe the ball and make sure Kobe is rested in the 4th so that Kobe can get the ball, n stuff like that in-game.

Now I'm surprised seeing this from a long time poster. Phil has made plenty of adjustments to the spurs. Maybe not so much last season because the Lakers were just flat out better than the spurs. I remember in 2004 when Parker was killing Payton and Phil made the decision to take Parker out of the game and concentrating the defense on him. That was with Kobe and Shaq on the team and It worked, the spurs never adjusted and they took parker out the game. In other playoffs, Phil made adjustments to the spurs 3 point shooters that were having a field day because of the attention that was paid to Duncan. It worked and the Spurs never made a counter adjustment. He's also made adjustments the other way in previous playoffs matchups. I think there is an adjustment made by Phil every time the two teams meet up.

TheDarkSide.
03-12-2009, 06:33 PM
In 2012 maybe the spurs dominance will end, leading to the end of the world

thispego
03-12-2009, 06:42 PM

lol, oh my god :lol shut the fuck up

fucking delusional lakers fans still persist.

yours is the team that should be dead in the water right now.

The Spurs are right where they should be, they've been fiscally responsible, picked and developed late 1st and 2nd round draft picks, and have signed decent FA's without pying too much.

The only reason the lakers are where they are now is because they (and the league) cheated to give you gasol for nothing. Honestly, it is to a point where it can not be denied, you are legitimately retarded if you feel otherwise. And really it's not the spurs that have been fucked the most... it's the poor jazz, rockets, nuggets, hornets, mavs, etc. that have also tried to become contenders the legit way only to be slapped in the face by the bullshit gasol trade which catapulted the lakers back to the top when really they should be a middle of the pack-lottery team. Haha, stupid lakers fans, when this sham comes to an end and Lakers actually are not in contention, the la fan base with decline by at least 75%. You watch.

Frenzy
03-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Phill Jackson's adjustments in a 7 games series:

With the Bulls: Give the ball to MJ
With the Fakers: Give the ball to Kobe

Jackson was just a lucky son of a bitch. Just put him on a regular team with no future hall of famers and that team won't even make the playoffs.Period.
:tu

whottt
03-12-2009, 06:44 PM
You tell em' pego :tu

LakeShow
03-12-2009, 07:17 PM
lol, oh my god :lol shut the fuck up

fucking delusional lakers fans still persist.

yours is the team that should be dead in the water right now.

The Spurs are right where they should be, they've been fiscally responsible, picked and developed late 1st and 2nd round draft picks, and have signed decent FA's without pying too much.

The only reason the lakers are where they are now is because they (and the league) cheated to give you gasol for nothing. Honestly, it is to a point where it can not be denied, you are legitimately retarded if you feel otherwise. And really it's not the spurs that have been fucked the most... it's the poor jazz, rockets, nuggets, hornets, mavs, etc. that have also tried to become contenders the legit way only to be slapped in the face by the bullshit gasol trade which catapulted the lakers back to the top when really they should be a middle of the pack-lottery team. Haha, stupid lakers fans, when this sham comes to an end and Lakers actually are not in contention, the la fan base with decline by at least 75%. You watch.

Damn, sometimes it is just impossible to have a civil conversation with some of you damn spurs fans. If you were paying attention you would know that the lakers were a damn good team without Gasol. The Gasol trade was nothing more than icing on the cake. The Lakers were kicking ass without Gasol you dumb fuck! The lakers did not get Gasol for nothing. They gave up the right to Marc Gasol who turned out to be a very good player in this league. Dumb ass bitch!

hater
03-12-2009, 07:18 PM
you would know that the lakers were a damn good team without Gasol. The Gasol trade was nothing more than icing on the cake.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Is that why Kobe was crying like a little pussy to be traded??????

u are fucking delusional

thispego
03-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Damn, sometimes it is just impossible to have a civil conversation with some of you damn spurs fans. If you were paying attention you would know that the lakers were a damn good team without Gasol. The Gasol trade was nothing more than icing on the cake. The Lakers were kicking ass without Gasol you dumb fuck! The lakers did not get Gasol for nothing. They gave up the right to Marc Gasol who turned out to be a very good player in this league. Dumb ass bitch!

The Lakers were kicking ass without Gasol?!?!?!?! LOLOLOLOLOL - yeah until shaq left.

sorry but your team is a Fake team. ironically the Fakers moniker finally fits.

DizzG.
03-12-2009, 07:34 PM
rule #34 laker fan: always brush your teeths before blowing me.

:lol

Laker Lanny
03-12-2009, 07:35 PM

+1 :tu

LakeShow
03-12-2009, 08:03 PM
The Lakers were kicking ass without Gasol?!?!?!?! LOLOLOLOLOL - yeah until shaq left.

sorry but your team is a Fake team. ironically the Fakers moniker finally fits.

The Lakers were in first place when they got Gasol, Bitch!

thispego
03-12-2009, 08:19 PM
cause bynum was playing well. too bad he gets injured all the time

thispego
03-12-2009, 08:30 PM
honestly though, your team is a joke. it's impossible to feel bad about a loss to the lakers. Even last year, the wcf series was over before it began because the lakers were a predetermined finals team. Gasol for kwame and gasols kid brother :rolleyes. who gives a shit if he "turned out to be" an ok nba player, he was a complete roll of the dice back then. Lakers were gifted a franchise bigman Gasol for basically nothing... i mean, do the lakers always have to be title contenders for the nba to be popular or what?

Solid D
03-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Sorry about starting something and not finishing. I'm at work. Don't tell anybody. :lol

Now I'm surprised seeing this from a long time poster. Phil has made plenty of adjustments to the spurs. Maybe not so much last season because the Lakers were just flat out better than the spurs. I remember in 2004 when Parker was killing Payton and Phil made the decision to take Parker out of the game and concentrating the defense on him. That was with Kobe and Shaq on the team and It worked, the spurs never adjusted and they took parker out the game. In other playoffs, Phil made adjustments to the spurs 3 point shooters that were having a field day because of the attention that was paid to Duncan. It worked and the Spurs never made a counter adjustment. He's also made adjustments the other way in previous playoffs matchups. I think there is an adjustment made by Phil every time the two teams meet up.

Re-read my post and compare with my serious posts. I'm sure you will be able to tell the difference in them.

LakeShow
03-12-2009, 09:40 PM
honestly though, your team is a joke. it's impossible to feel bad about a loss to the lakers. Even last year, the wcf series was over before it began because the lakers were a predetermined finals team. Gasol for kwame and gasols kid brother :rolleyes. who gives a shit if he "turned out to be" an ok nba player, he was a complete roll of the dice back then. Lakers were gifted a franchise bigman Gasol for basically nothing... i mean, do the lakers always have to be title contenders for the nba to be popular or what?

If my team is a joke, what does that make your team?

LakeShow
03-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Re-read my post and compare with my serious posts. I'm sure you will be able to tell the difference in them.

My bad, I should have known better.

thispego
03-12-2009, 09:48 PM
If my team is a joke, what does that make your team?

you only responded to the first sentence of my post so that tells me we are in agreement that the rest is true. :tu

whottt
03-13-2009, 03:01 AM
Thispego ruled some serious Laker ass in this here thread.

m33p0
03-13-2009, 06:53 AM
POST OF THE YEAR!
:lol:lol:lol

LakeShow
03-13-2009, 12:16 PM
you only responded to the first sentence of my post so that tells me we are in agreement that the rest is true. :tu

No, its all just an opinion. Everybody has one, come with some facts and I'll respond.

dirk4mvp
03-13-2009, 12:17 PM
lmao at lakeshow being a rocket fan posing as a laker fan to talk shit.

LakeShow
03-13-2009, 12:19 PM
lmao at lakeshow being a rocket fan posing as a laker fan to talk shit.

:lol @ Dirk4mvp being a faggot posting as a mavs fan.

dirk4mvp
03-13-2009, 12:20 PM
How's the goodyears holding up on that bandwagon? Yao Ming misses you.

DarrinS
03-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Pop is no match for Phil in a 7 game series.

And it has nothing to do with Phil having the best player in the world and having a team that is absolutely stacked.

LakeShow
03-13-2009, 12:21 PM
How's the goodyears holding up on that bandwagon? Yao Ming misses you.

How's Dirk holding up to you draining his Dick every night?

dirk4mvp
03-13-2009, 12:22 PM
idk why you're getting so defensive. Is it because you know you're a rocketfan?

LakeShow
03-13-2009, 12:25 PM
idk why you're getting so defensive. Is it because you know you're a rocketfan?

Just answer the question. Do you swallow too?

dirk4mvp
03-13-2009, 12:26 PM
still defensive. lmao rockets.

LakeShow
03-13-2009, 12:28 PM
still defensive. lmao rockets.

Don't kiss and tell, huh? :lol @ mavsfan

dirk4mvp
03-13-2009, 12:29 PM
at least I don't have to pretend to be a fan of another team to talk shit to spurfan.

LakeShow
03-13-2009, 12:31 PM
at least I don't have to pretend to be a fan of another team to talk shit to spurfan.

You need to find a team, that group you pull for is hardly a team.

dirk4mvp
03-13-2009, 12:33 PM
They own your actual team. I'm tempted to make another account rooting for the Celtics so I can be just like lakeshow.

LakeShow
03-13-2009, 12:34 PM
They own your actual team. I'm tempted to make another account rooting for the Celtics so I can be just like lakeshow.

Smart move. That's the only way you'll be relevent.

Laker Lanny
03-14-2009, 06:17 AM
:rolleyes
Thispego ruled some serious Laker ass in this here thread.

wijayas
03-14-2009, 09:39 AM

Only two coaches have beaten Pop this century; one used to play for him - the other is Phil; and he's done it 4 times! Phil makes series and game adjustments that Pop has problems matching; takes the Spurs out of their comfort zone.

Phil always has the luxury of having proven talents. Tons of it. He has the luxury to create mismatches. This does not prove he has the intellect of Pops!

Give him the Suns' crew and see what he can do with it. His Zen is probably worth nothing against the Spurs.

poop
03-14-2009, 03:13 PM
http://copland.udel.edu/~steveck/cat_fail.jpg

lmfao!!!!!

mingus
03-14-2009, 04:15 PM

How is not being able to guard Bryant all these years pops fault?

And last year it was odom and bryant.

The Spurs have no one to guard these players. They're missing a long SF to guard Odom and God to guard Bryant.