PDA

View Full Version : Hill making a ton of mistakes

DMX7
03-12-2009, 09:25 PM
He's making bad fouls and stupid turnovers. Looks like a rookie which is what he is, I guess.

galvatron3000
03-12-2009, 09:33 PM
he was in the game too long and playing taller and stronger guys.

DMX7
03-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Hill guarding Kobe was so stupid. He made him look like a complete scrub.

lefty
03-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Blame Pop for putting Hill on Kobe

fraga
03-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Why in the f*ck would you even put Hill on Kobe in the last minute of the game....I mean that's just plain f*ckin stupid...

rayray2k8
03-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Hmm pretty typical of a rookie, eh?
Of course Kobe would put Hill in the grinder later in the quarter..
The spurs miss Manu THAT much.
But we can't go saying that because the lakers dont have Bynam.

lefty
03-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Why in the f*ck would you even put Hill on Kobe in the last minute of the game....I mean that's just plain f*ckin stupid...

I hope Pop went CIA tonight

He can't be that dumb

usckk
03-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Hill didn't do bad...? But I agree. I would have wanted to see Bowen.

Josepatches_
03-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Well,Kobe against Hill was 2-4 FG and he missed the last JS in the final minute.
Yes,he made that 3 but C'mon he's Kobe.

Hill is a very good player for us and he's a rookie.
I can't understand why you have to blame on him

Creation88
03-12-2009, 09:46 PM
he fucked up bad today

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2009, 09:48 PM
mason didnt do well on kobe either

bowen dunno whats wrong with hiim, looks like his fukn regressed

ghill took the job...expect the haters

so why didnt parker guard kobe?

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2009, 09:48 PM
mason didnt do well on kobe either

bowen dunno whats wrong with hiim, looks like his fukn regressed

ghill took the job...expect the haters

so why didnt parker guard kobe?

NRHector
03-12-2009, 09:49 PM
he fucked up bad todaywhat about tim and Tony at the 1st half?

xellos88330
03-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Hill I think did a decent job on Kobe in crunch time. He contested that killer three pretty well. He also forced Kobe to miss a few shots. Kobe against the Spurs lately has made every shot he put up on the last 3 mins. Be thankful that Hill did enough to turn Kobe into a passer and not a shooter.

fyatuk

Hill played Kobe better than anyone else tonight. He kept Kobe out of the lane and contested his jump shops. The one bad mistake was when he didn't recover from a screen quick enough and Kobe brought Thomas out to half court. Hill on Walton was a HORRID decision though.

The little bit of time Bowen was on Kobe sucked. He was giving Kobe way too much space.

He BLEW on offense though. Him and Udoka screwing up several possessions in a row after that first run was aggravating.

gilmor
CIA Pop.. Don't lose hearts guys..

Pop will never play Gooden on Lakers till it's Playoffs time

Playing Hill on Kobe makes a lot of sense for now

Jayem3
why was he guarding kobe down the stretch??? :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
03-12-2009, 09:51 PM
That 3 Kobe hit over Hill was great defense by Hill.

It was just better offense by Kobe.

NRHector
03-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Blame Pop for putting Hill on KobeHill is just getting battle tested for the playoffs and bruce is resting

G-Nob
03-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I think hill did a great job considering the competition

The_Worlds_finest
Come on guys you really think Pop is going to put hill on bryant in the playoffs in crunch time!?!?!?! Hill looked pretty good imo

lefty
Hill is just getting battle tested for the playoffs and bruce is resting

Yep, I think Pop was either experimenting or going CIA

He wouldn't have put Hill on Kobe in the playoffs

lefty
03-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Come on guys you really think Pop is going to put hill on bryant in the playoffs in crunch time!?!?!?! Hill looked pretty good imo

you beat me to it

Spurs Brazil
03-12-2009, 09:54 PM

Agree, Kobe made a great shot

fyatuk
03-12-2009, 09:55 PM

I don't think we would have seen that Oberto, Thomas, Udoka, Bowen, Mason lineup if Pop was taking the game too terribly seriously.

ManuTP9
03-12-2009, 09:56 PM
when we got it to 2 late in the 4th on that run hill turned it over and that lead to a gasol dunk....

Capt Bringdown
03-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Kobe elevates so high on his jumpers it looks like he's shooting down into the rim. His eyes lit up when Pop stuck a rook on him. Too bad, Hill shouldn't watch TV for the next few days, that clip's going to be all over the place.

loveforthegame
I thought he made a lot of mistakes in the first half but was much better down the stretch. At least he got a hand up when Kobe was shooting which is more than Mason was doing.

ploto
If you don't think Pop would put Hill on Kobe in the play-offs then who do you expect Pop to put on him? Surely does not appear to be Bowen, and Mason can't play the whole game. Would you rather have Udoka?

lefty
I don't think we would have seen that Oberto, Thomas, Udoka, Bowen, Mason lineup if Pop was taking the game too terribly seriously.

yup

jmard5
I think Hill did a decent job against Kobe. That Kobe 3 was well contested.

SaTownFan
03-12-2009, 10:01 PM
I actually like the move to put Hill on Kobe. He is the only one on the team that has the athleticism to keep up with Kobe. Yea Kobe is gonna hit shots over him but damn guys Kobe is the best player in the league. Look what he did to Battier and Artest.

SequSpur
03-12-2009, 10:02 PM
hill can't guard kobe...

next

lefty
03-12-2009, 10:03 PM
hill can't guard kobe...

next

:tu

I agree with Pinky

MarHill
03-12-2009, 10:04 PM

Exactly!

Hill is going to make mistakes. The only thing I didn't like is that Pop put Hill on Walton. Walton has too much size to overcome for him.

SaTownFan
03-12-2009, 10:06 PM
hill can't guard kobe...

next

Who can guard Kobe one on one genius??? Hill did as good a job as anyone we got.

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2009, 10:07 PM
in the last quarter

Hill fuckd up 3 straight plays on defense and offense..... :( blew up the lead again

then finley and parker rains in a few shots

the possession duncan was stuck in traffic, didnt get bailed out....

Hill on kobe makes alot of sense...this is just a regular season game....

only thing to do now is wait for ginoboli to return, and gooden to fit into the system...

VI_Massive
03-12-2009, 10:08 PM
hill did ok on bryant considering. no way bowen isn't on kobe in that game ending situation if it comes in the playoffs. i think pop put hill on him because hill had done an ok job on kobe thus far and had hit a few threes himself that night, so if the spurs got the ball back, he would have a hot shooter out there.

Spursfan092120
03-12-2009, 10:08 PM
hill can't guard kobe...

next
Ub0lpshqfxo

mazerrackham
03-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Nobody can guard Kobe. For all the hate that Pop and Hill are getting for Hill guarding Kobe in crunch time, Hill did a good job contesting the crunch time baskets. Kobe was shooting long jumpers with hands right in his grill. Can't ask for much more, and if the shot had missed, everyone would be talking about how great his defense was...

As a side note, I'm kind of sick of national television announcer's who think Kobe has magical powers. He's an amazing player that can score like very few people on this planet can, but I'm not buying the Kobe senses that his team needs a basket, so he shoots a fade away contested long 2 point shot, and because it goes in, he gets the announcer's gushing over him. I mean, if this guy wasn't so good at what he does, he would get bashed for bad shot selection on many of his "great" scoring nights.

Chomag
03-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Why do some of you guys want to bash Hill so much for that Kobe Shot? Hill guarded it the best anyone could. Kobe was just being Kobe there. As much as I hate him I respect his clutchness.

Even if that was bowen out there Kobe still would have made that.

Josepatches_
03-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Why do some of you guys want to bash Hill so much for that Kobe Shot? Hill guarded it the best anyone could. Kobe was just being Kobe there. As much as I hate him I respect his clutchness.

Even if that was bowen out there Kobe still would have made that.

End of thread

J_Paco
03-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Nobody can guard Kobe. For all the hate that Pop and Hill are getting for Hill guarding Kobe in crunch time, Hill did a good job contesting the crunch time baskets. Kobe was shooting long jumpers with hands right in his grill. Can't ask for much more, and if the shot had missed, everyone would be talking about how great his defense was...

As a side note, I'm kind of sick of national television announcer's who think Kobe has magical powers. He's an amazing player that can score like very few people on this planet can, but I'm not buying the Kobe senses that his team needs a basket, so he shoots a fade away contested long 2 point shot, and because it goes in, he gets the announcer's gushing over him. I mean, if this guy wasn't so good at what he does, he would get bashed for bad shot selection on many of his "great" scoring nights.

So, I'm not the only one who tires of hearing Doug Collins constantly slurping Kobe's "magical" fourth quarter powers? Damn, didn't this guy coach Jordan at one point?

fiona_yin
03-12-2009, 10:19 PM
hill will get better and better
believe

imagevo
03-12-2009, 10:43 PM
I think the Kobe 3 over Hill was a good learning experience for the rookie, and I actually thought Hill did a good job on defense.

Did anybody see the Kobe wink after he made that shot? Cocky SOB

Fabbs
03-12-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm sure putting Hill on Kobme and Walton was just CIA Pop doing his thing again. So we lost a game in the Home Court Advantage race in the super close West.

CIA Pop. He's won 4 titles you know.

crc21209
03-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Hill on AI and Nash is one thing, but Kobe? Come on now...clearly an experiment.

AFBlue
03-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Hill on Walton was FAR worse than Hill on Kobe. I thought some of the earlier sequences with Hill on Kobe were better than the later ones....but there's not much you can do about Kobe in crunch time.

All in all, Hill looks like he has the ability to guard the 1 and 2 pretty effectively with his length and quickness. As far as his overall play, I can think of two supposedly major contributors that did worse.

crc21209
03-12-2009, 10:48 PM
So, I'm not the only one who tires of hearing Doug Collins constantly slurping Kobe's "magical" fourth quarter powers? Damn, didn't this guy coach Jordan at one point?

He's all over his jock so much it's not even funny. MUTE button please.

Agloco
He's making bad fouls and stupid turnovers. Looks like a rookie which is what he is, I guess.

Thanks for the insight Captain Obvious.......

What exactly is the point of this thread? To complain about his minutes? Perhaps to remark on how far he's come and how far he has to go? Or is it simply pointless, as your own words would lead one to believe?

lefty
hill on ai and nash is one thing, but kobe? Come on now...clearly an experiment.

+1000000000

Agloco
03-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Hill on Walton was FAR worse than Hill on Kobe. I thought some of the earlier sequences with Hill on Kobe were better than the later ones....but there's not much you can do about Kobe in crunch time.

All in all, Hill looks like he has the ability to guard the 1 and 2 pretty effectively with his length and quickness. As far as his overall play, I can think of two supposedly major contributors that did worse.

I'm glad someone noticed this......

Hill did a good job on Kobe. Kobe hit a shot that only he can make. No defense can stop that.

Hill being put on Walton was just wrong...... plain wrong.

crc21209
03-12-2009, 10:51 PM

Agreed. I kept yelling at the damn TV over and over again. I mean at one point we had Ime on Powell (who is too damn tall and big for him) and Hill on Walton (who outweighs him as well). All of this and Hill on Kobe and throwing a lineup of Mason, Udoka, Bowen, Thomas, and Oberto proves to me that Pop was expermenting ALOT. No way we see ANY of that in the Playoffs at all.

alchemist
03-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Hill did a great job on Kobe, denied him a couple times but that 3 was just better offense. He made the same shot over Mason in January and will make them over anyone you throw at him any fuckin' time he's on.

What Hill does need to be bitched at was he fouled Sasha when the Spurs got within four and with Kobe on the bench. I thought that was such a crucial point.

Agloco
03-12-2009, 10:53 PM
in the last quarter

Hill fuckd up 3 straight plays on defense and offense..... :( blew up the lead again

then finley and parker rains in a few shots

the possession duncan was stuck in traffic, didnt get bailed out....

Hill on kobe makes alot of sense...this is just a regular season game....

only thing to do now is wait for ginoboli to return, and gooden to fit into the system...

You left out......

In the first quarter, Tim and Tony resembled piles of dogshit......

Spurs spot Lakers 18 point lead......

Trevor Ariza hitting shots he never hits......

Agloco
03-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Agreed. I kept yelling at the damn TV over and over again. I mean at one point we had Ime on Powell (who is too damn tall and big for him) and Hill on Walton (who outweighs him as well). All of this and Hill on Kobe and throwing a lineup of Mason, Udoka, Bowen, Thomas, and Oberto proves to me that Pop was expermenting ALOT. No way we see ANY of that in the Playoffs at all.

Thought that was really funky, but they did get the lead down to 4.
The Bonner issue needs resolving though. His role on this team during the playoffs needs to be cemented soon either way.

SenorSpur
03-12-2009, 10:58 PM

WHat the fuck was that about? He doesn't trust the rookie to run backup point, but he puts him on Kobe? Are you kidding me? I would've rather seen Pop have Hairston active and given him a crack a Kobe. After all, Hairston stood his ground against LeBron. It wouldn't have made much difference, but having Hill check Kobe was pointless.

Spursmania
03-12-2009, 11:01 PM

He wouldn't have put Hill on Kobe in the playoffs

I hope you guys are right. I mean Pop hasn't won 4 rings by playing stupid rotations. But he's scaring the crap out of me with the rotations he's playing with now. :hat