PDA

View Full Version : Lakers have no chance in playoffs v spurs

The_Worlds_finest
03-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Save this to the thread, im calling it now. Spurs in 5, at most 6. The guys looked damn good tonight, Manu would have closed this game. Gooden is going to be a hungry monster come playoff time.

xellos88330
03-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Save this to the thread, im calling it now. Spurs in 5, at most 6. The guys looked damn good tonight, Manu would have closed this game. Gooden is going to be a hungry monster come playoff time.

AMEN!!! I see you see things the way I do. With Gooden in there the Lakers second chance opportunities will dwindle. Manu will be Manu... nuff said about that.

boutons_
03-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Spurs will have to get a split in LA to have chance.

Coming back to SA 0-2 will be fatal.

timvp
03-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Lakers have no chance in playoffs v spurs:lol

Josepatches_
03-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Agree.But I would like to face him in the first round.They would be at home in April.

And Pau could have enough rest to play with Spain in the Eurobasket

crc21209
03-12-2009, 10:13 PM
A Spurs-Lakers series will go to 6 or 7 games no doubt. We'd just have to steal Game 1 or 2 in L.A., which wouldnt be impossible.

The_Worlds_finest
03-12-2009, 10:36 PM
after tonight i can see Spurs getting game one, they were getting CRUSHED and took it to the wire!

new_N_town
03-12-2009, 10:41 PM
come on, where is all the team spirit? spurs DO have a fighting chance i think duncan should spend xxtra hrs in practice, he averaged +20 pts b4 his 'injury' owells he wont let us down. GO SPURS GO

Horse
03-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah think about it how many of those games in last years WCF were we up early by double digits, game 5 I believe we were up 17. Manu is our closer like kobe is theres and when he's healthy we can count on him to put it away. Also so obvious tonight how they hurt us on the board and Gooden is just what the doctor ordered.

Ness
03-12-2009, 10:59 PM
The Lakers are 2-1 against the Spurs this season. The Spurs only won one game because RMJ got lucky at the end of the game. See you guys in the WCF.

Lakers vs. Spurs: Lakers in 6 games.

Spursfan092120
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM
The Lakers are 2-1 against the Spurs this season. The Spurs only won one game because RMJ got lucky at the end of the game. See you guys in the WCF.

Wow...what a noob. Got lucky? They killed you guys the whole game..till the end. And then we pulled it off. We played tonight without Manu, and the guy who's going to be our big man equalizer played 3 minutes. Oh..and got 4 rebounds and 2 points. Timmy's knee is still getting better, also. Yeah..we will see you there. Oh..and ask the Clippers, Phoenix, and Boston if RMJ got lucky...

milkshakeballa
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM

6 hahah,,,.I will give them the games in SA will be within 12 pts but it will be a sweep. They will not be able to stop Gasol in the post with Drew back and the paint will be shut down with Drew roaming.

Question - How will the Spurs score in the fourth quarters??

Drew on Duncan and roaming the paint

Ariza on TP with Drew behind him

Kobe on Manu

Spursfan092120
03-12-2009, 11:05 PM
6 hahah,,,.I will give them the games in SA will be within 12 pts but it will be a sweep. They will not be able to stop Gasol in the post with Drew back and the paint will be shut down with Drew roaming.

Kobe on Manu
Hey douchey nube...we outscored you in the 4th, while we played a lineup of Hill, Udoka, Bowen, Thomas, and Oberto. Please..you're making the Lakers fans look bad...

oRvOEvjTSTI

J Zone
03-12-2009, 11:06 PM
the Lakers beat your team(on the second night of a b2b) and this somehow proves to you that LA has no chance??

im mean, i'm not the type to talk shit but,.. how in the fuck??

milkshakeballa
Hey douchey nube...we outscored you in the 4th, while we played a lineup of Hill, Udoka, Bowen, Thomas, and Oberto. Please..you're making the Lakers fans look bad...

oRvOEvjTSTI

Fucking retard read what I wrote

TwinTowers
It was a good effort from SA after putting themselves in a hole in the first half. Come playoff time the star players (Duncan, Parker, Manu) can't afford to start the game the way they did tonight; don't expect Finley to score 20+ per game in a playoff series.

This game was meaningless, both teams have a lot to improve. I was nice to see the Lakers bench didn't panic and held their ground when the Spurs gained momentum. It was nice to get the W against an always tough rival.

Go Lakers!

iggypop123
03-12-2009, 11:07 PM
i saw finley play out of his mind. he isnt manu so i wont expect to happen again. spurs still live and die by the 3 and that will always determine their fate

Spursfan092120
03-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Fucking retard read what I wrote
I read what you wrote, retard noob. The fact remains that we had scrubs in and still outscored you. With a healthy Manu, Gooden, Duncan, Parker, and Mason in the game, if you think we're not going to score in the 4th, you're stupider than I thought.

Spursmania
03-12-2009, 11:08 PM

Kobe on Manu

Hey TROLL MILKSHAKE. You're bacckkk! You say the same thing over and over. I thought you were at the parade celebrating the trophy you think you've won tonight? Why aren't you hanging out in the TROLL thread you started where you diss the SPURS in the Spurs Forum???

Spursfan092120
03-12-2009, 11:09 PM
the Lakers beat your team(on the second night of a b2b) and this somehow proves to you that LA has no chance??

Lakers definitely have a shot..in fact...it's going to be one hell of a series. I don't agree with the OP, just for the record.

Spursfan092120
03-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Hey TROLL MILKSHAKE. You're bacckkk! You say the same thing over and over. I thought you were at the parade celebrating the trophy you think you've won tonight? Why aren't you hanging out in the TROLL thread you started dissing the SPURS in the Spurs Forum???
Because he's hiding out from everyone shutting him down. He doesn't realize he is making the Lakers fans look bad.

dav4463
03-12-2009, 11:11 PM
I like the Spurs chances with Manu back in the lineup. Spurs need to just hang on that #2 spot. If Mavs grow some balls and upset the Lakers, then we don't even have to worry about it!..........won't happen though!

Spursfan092120
03-12-2009, 11:12 PM
I like the Spurs chances with Manu back in the lineup. Spurs need to just hang on that #2 spot. If Mavs grow some balls and upset the Lakers, then we don't even have to worry about it!..........won't happen though!
Nope...the road to the Finals goes through LA, period...we'll have to beat them to get there.

Allanon
03-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Manu coming back healthy would be a shot in the arm for the Spurs, but I wouldn't go as far as to say the Lakers stand NO chance against a healthy Spurs team.

Ness
03-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Wow...what a noob. Got lucky? They killed you guys the whole game..till the end. And then we pulled it off. We played tonight without Manu, and the guy who's going to be our big man equalizer played 3 minutes. Oh..and got 4 rebounds and 2 points. Timmy's knee is still getting better, also. Yeah..we will see you there. Oh..and ask the Clippers, Phoenix, and Boston if RMJ got lucky...
Gooden? LOL!

Bynum is coming back before the playoffs start. The Spurs can't guard the Lakers front court and nobody on your team can stop Kobe.

I respect the Spurs and Duncan, but I just don't think the Spurs can beat a healthy Laker team, even if you guys have a healthy Manu.

J Zone
03-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Lakers definitely have a shot..in fact...it's going to be one hell of a series. I don't agree with the OP, just for the record.

oh I agree with you there, it's going to be a great series. it's just funny when I read that somehow LA has no chance now.

Spursmania
03-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Manu coming back healthy would be a shot in the arm for the Spurs, but I wouldn't go as far as to say the Lakers stand NO chance against a healthy Spurs team.

True, if Bynum is back it will be a very tough series for us. But I seem to think if Manu is healthy and Gooden can get us some of those offensive rebounds that Lakers usually dominate the boards on, we would have a hell of a series.:toast

Spursfan092120
03-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Gooden? LOL!

Bynum is coming back before the playoffs start. The Spurs can't guard the Lakers front court and nobody on your team can stop Kobe.

I respect the Spurs and Duncan, but I just don't think the Spurs can beat a healthy Laker team, even if you guys have a healthy Manu.
Yes...Gooden..the guy who got 2 points and 4 rebounds in 3 minutes tonight, while guarding Lamar Odom. Oh, and by the way..we don't know for sure that Bynum will be back before the playoffs...his return date keeps changing. Oh, and by the way, because that's your opinion, it doesn't make it fact.

milkshakeballa
03-12-2009, 11:18 PM
I read what you wrote, retard noob. The fact remains that we had scrubs in and still outscored you. With a healthy Manu, Gooden, Duncan, Parker, and Mason in the game, if you think we're not going to score in the 4th, you're stupider than I thought.

Your going to outscore a Ariza Kobe LO Gasol Bynum lineup in the fourth...

With

Ariza on TP
Kobe on Manu
LO on Mason
Gasol on Gooden
Drew on Duncan

Ye...your really going to outscore that lineup....you guys wont score more than 17-18 pts in the fourth if you play 8 minutes against those matchups...

milkshakeballa
03-12-2009, 11:19 PM
NO ONE has RESPONDED WITH A BASKETBALL FACT....OR OPINION even...except the guy i just responded too...its all gtfo out of here troll....everyone here is saying you guys will beat the lakers because.....you just will!!! its fucking retarded....give me some fucking reasons....Im not trollin...im laying out the reasons why everybody in the fucking nba agrees with me....how about you guys give me somethign other than some run around bullshit??

iggypop123
True, if Bynum is back it will be a very tough series for us. But I seem to think if Manu is healthy and Gooden can get us some of those offensive rebounds that Lakers usually dominate the boards on, we would have a hell of a series.:toast

yeah but you will lose that 3 point advantage that basically was the only reason the games were kept close. so its basically hope that finley and parker shoot lights out 3's again to win

Agloco
A Spurs-Lakers series will go to 6 or 7 games no doubt. We'd just have to steal Game 1 or 2 in L.A., which wouldnt be impossible.

You mean not blow another 20 point lead like last year.....

Getting legitimate calls at the end of games would help as well.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR4m0ZThDYY&feature=related

Spursfan092120
03-12-2009, 11:20 PM

With

Ariza on TP
Kobe on Manu
LO on Mason
Gasol on Gooden
Drew on Duncan

Ye...your really going to outscore that lineup....you guys wont score more than 17-18 pts in the fourth if you play 8 minutes against those matchups...
If you put Trevor Ariza on Tony Parker, you will be owned. Kobe can't guard Manu...even he says Manu is his favorite player to watch. And Odom on Mason? Are you serious? please...

Spursfan092120
03-12-2009, 11:21 PM
NO ONE has RESPONDED WITH A BASKETBALL FACT....OR OPINION even...except the guy i just responded too...its all gtfo out of here troll....everyone here is saying you guys will beat the lakers because.....you just will!!! its fucking retarded....give me some fucking reasons....Im not trollin...im laying out the reasons why everybody in the fucking nba agrees with me....how about you guys give me somethign other than some run around bullshit??
It's statements like this that make them not respond. And also the fact that you come in here and act like you actually believe the Lakers are going to sweep the team with the biggest heart in the NBA. The Spurs don't give up..you saw that tonight.

Allanon
03-12-2009, 11:24 PM

I would love a competitive series. I want the Lakers to win but blowout series are boring as hell.

Hope Manu comes back 110%. :toast

milkshakeballa
03-12-2009, 11:24 PM
If you put Trevor Ariza on Tony Parker, you will be owned. Kobe can't guard Manu...even he says Manu is his favorite player to watch. And Odom on Mason? Are you serious? please...

Ha...Ariza gave TP FITS earlier this year...TP didn't know what to do....read the Spurs game thread...even your own were saying they have never seen a player guard TP like that...so yeh....nice try....ESPECIALLY WITH DREW right behind Ariza DARING TP to drive it in the paint hahaha please man....its basketball knowledge...with a good man defender and a defensive anchor behind him...what can TP do....he doesn't have a consistant enough outside jumper....combined with Arizas closeout ability....he won't get shit...

Kobe can't guard Manu lol....but he can shut down lebron??? :lol:lol:lol

Kobe loves to watch Manu....how in the fuck does that mean he can't stop him??? And he doesn't even need to stop him...just don't let him go off nuts and the Lakers are fine...even if he puts up 30....the Lakers are FINE...

odom is a top 5 closeout defender in the NBA with his length and speed...disagree?

DeadlyDynasty
03-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Kobe can't guard Manu? put the crackpipe down son

milkshakeballa
03-12-2009, 11:26 PM
It's statements like this that make them not respond. And also the fact that you come in here and act like you actually believe the Lakers are going to sweep the team with the biggest heart in the NBA. The Spurs don't give up..you saw that tonight.

LOL because I'm calling people out for speaking bullshit? For not providing evidence as to why they think the Spurs can beat the Lakers???

Great reason to ignore me because THERE ARE NO REASONS AS TO WHY YOU GUYS CAN WIN...

Coach Pop's teams always have heart...never give up....but there is only so much heart can do...and do you really think the Lakers don't have heart...think they don't remember last year....its just the Lakers year...they aren't going to win 65 games + for no reason...

rayray2k8
03-12-2009, 11:29 PM
i saw finley play out of his mind. he isnt manu so i wont expect to happen again. spurs still live and die by the 3 and that will always determine their fate

That is true..
The spurs take a lot of 3's in order for them to be successful.
Surprised some Laker fans aren't bothered by this thread title
since they hit some big shots down the stretch.
At this point, if Manu doesn't get healthy soon and Gooden is a bust,
the lakers and spurs WCF won't go more than 5 games.

TheMACHINE
03-12-2009, 11:58 PM
Really? NO CHANCE?

Showtime24 LAKERS
03-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Kobe can't guard Manu? what kinda shit you've been smoking...:lol

Yorae
03-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Oh this is simple. it's an odd year.

ThaiFanofSpurs
03-13-2009, 01:50 AM
Ha...Ariza gave TP FITS earlier this year...TP didn't know what to do....read the Spurs game thread...even your own were saying they have never seen a player guard TP like that...so yeh....nice try....ESPECIALLY WITH DREW right behind Ariza DARING TP to drive it in the paint hahaha please man....its basketball knowledge...with a good man defender and a defensive anchor behind him...what can TP do....he doesn't have a consistant enough outside jumper....combined with Arizas closeout ability....he won't get shit...

Kobe can't guard Manu lol....but he can shut down lebron??? :lol:lol:lol

Kobe loves to watch Manu....how in the fuck does that mean he can't stop him??? And he doesn't even need to stop him...just don't let him go off nuts and the Lakers are fine...even if he puts up 30....the Lakers are FINE...

odom is a top 5 closeout defender in the NBA with his length and speed...disagree?

For the Spurs, regular season is a learning in process. If you think Ariza on TP worked well in the first game, hopefully, PJ will do it again in the playoffs. Don't you think the Spurs will do something if they think they have experienced that problem. By the way, after seeing Tony today, I have a good feeling about my team. Tim, Tony, Manu, plus the other Spurs really make me believe more today. In the playoffs, Spurs' hearts always grow bigger. The Spurs take it more serious in the playoffs.

Hopefully, LA will make it to the WCF. We will play you again. It's gonna be hard but I still believe the Spurs will win it all this year.

PS: I like Allanoon and TwoTowers (Laker's fans) in here. They are polite and know how to behave when they come to visit their rival's home.

Man In Black
03-13-2009, 02:13 AM
I'm just saying this...THE LAST 2 TIMES EVERYBODY IN THE FUCKING NBA THOUGHT LIKE YOU, THE LAKERS MANAGED TO GET THEIR ASSES KICKED BOTH TIMES GOING HOME RINGLESS.

Recognize. This regular season doesn't mean shit except to build up for the real season. I eagerly await to see how time treats the missing players. Using my past expertise as a college-lever trainer, it's highly likely that both Gooden and Ginobili will be able to heal and contribute more to their team's success than Bynum. No matter how much you LAL fans think that the guy is all of sudden going to be this force that he was for all of 2 weeks(before that he just showed glimpses and then mediocrity) then none of you really know crap about tears in any articulating joints or support structure. He might be able to play, but why you guys think that he'll be a force is beyond comprehension. The guy has never made an ALL-NBA team, he's never been able to complete a season, and should he even make the climb back to some semblance of health, will it really be that easy to integrate him back to the lineup? For Ginobili, it won't be hard at all. For Gooden, there is still lots of work needed but the difference here is that...he's already out on the court and learning now.

BeeGee
03-13-2009, 02:27 AM
Save this to the thread, im calling it now. Spurs in 5, at most 6. The guys looked damn good tonight, Manu would have closed this game. Gooden is going to be a hungry monster come playoff time.Damn, and I thought the Laker fanbase had some seriously delusional muhfuggaz. You make some of my comrades seem perfectly sane! I don't care if Manu is perfectly healthy, you cats won't beat us in a 7 game series. Not anymore, man. Funny thread.

DrHouse
03-13-2009, 02:30 AM
I still have yet to see one Spur fan man up and admit his team lost tonight.

No excuses, no rationalizations.

Both teams wanted to win this game, don't be stupid. This whole CIA Pop thing you got going on is ridiculous.

ThaiFanofSpurs
03-13-2009, 03:12 AM

Both teams wanted to win this game, don't be stupid. This whole CIA Pop thing you got going on is ridiculous.

Yes, Lakers won and Spurs lost today. I hope that makes your life better since you really want to hear it. But let's see who can go further in the playoffs. I myself don't think it's over yet even though you seem to think so.

ThaiFanofSpurs
03-13-2009, 03:13 AM
Damn, and I thought the Laker fanbase had some seriously delusional muhfuggaz. You make some of my comrades seem perfectly sane! I don't care if Manu is perfectly healthy, you cats won't beat us in a 7 game series. Not anymore, man. Funny thread.

It's also funny you think you can see the future.

Baseline
03-13-2009, 03:29 AM

The Spurs lost tonight to a team that played great, shot extremely well, and was clicking on all cylinders.

The Spurs dug themselves an 18-point grave early on, yet with a minute or so left, it was a one possession game.

So after playing a great game, you barely beat a depleted Spurs team with no closer and Duncan playing on one leg.

Now, does that make you feel warm and fuzzy? Is your team really so dominant? If you must believe that in order to live your life, then so be it.

ThaiFanofSpurs
03-13-2009, 03:35 AM
The Spurs lost tonight to a team that played great, shot extremely well, and was clicking on all cylinders.

The Spurs dug themselves an 18-point grave early on, yet with a minute or so left, it was a one possession game.

So after playing a great game, you barely beat a depleted Spurs team with no closer and Duncan playing on one leg.

Now, does that make you feel warm and fuzzy? Is your team really so dominant? If you must believe that in order to live your life, then so be it.

I love it. This kind of post really shows that we are not worried about them... not at all.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-13-2009, 03:39 AM
Jeez! Are we turning into laker fans?

Of course they have a chance against us, in fact the bigger one, but we're still there, we have a chance and we'll compete. Don't be so insecure.

Ghazi
03-13-2009, 03:50 AM
This was a pretty big statement from the Lakers.

They were on a back to back, without their starting center, and came into San Antonio and won for the 2nd time in the last 3 visits, and it easily could've been 3 for 3. Whereas SA in this same span hasn't won a game at Staples, hasn't won a game at Staples in it's last 6 tries in fact.

They dominated the paint whereas the Spurs resorted to three point shots, shot them at a flukish clip, and the Spurs still lost. Duncan looked very human, just as he did in the playoffs last year.

Their bench made a bunch of big shots.

Finley had the game of his LIFE and the Spurs still lost.

Not saying the Spurs don't have a shot, but the Lakers have now won 7 of the last 9 meetings and clearly their A game is superior to the Spurs A game.

NewJerSpur
03-13-2009, 03:57 AM
The Spurs had to depend on Finley for their offense for crucial stretches of the game and also missed a key element to their team....still the Lakers couldn't dispense of them as easily as the 1st quarter led many to believe they could. Interesting statement.

Spursarethebest
03-13-2009, 04:07 AM
A win is a win and we have to accept defeat. I hate it when we say..We came back but....we fell short. What does that tell you? Thats right! we can be beaten barely. Is that good enough?

In my book. NO. We need to be better then them..not just barely. that would only get us 1 win in the playoffs. Our game has to be virtually flawless. Finely played the game of his career and we shot 65% from the 3 and still lost. If i told you that before the game you guys would've thought.. yea we got this game in the bag. But the fact of the matter is we got out played. We need to acknowledge our flaws and mistakes and hope that they will change come playoff time. cuz right now Lakers are looking like the nba champions..as much as i hate to say that ...thats just the truth.

mountainballer
03-13-2009, 05:04 AM
http://www.anecdotage.com/pics/comicalali.jpg

Spurs have beat Lakers in play offs 2009.
like they did in play offs 2008.
whoever says something different is a SOB and a bad Spurs fan.

raspsa
03-13-2009, 06:00 AM
Actually, if the Spurs and Lakers do eventually meet in the playoffs. I like the idea of the first 2 games being in LA. I think it puts less pressure on the Spurs and they have a better chance of stealing a win(s) on the road.

new_N_town
03-13-2009, 07:20 AM
whatever how bout the pats? wernt they lyk 3343-0 and what happend in the superbowl? i dont care in the playoffs- teams play diffrent incl. spurs. hawks damn near put celtics away remember?? , go spurs go

angelbelow
03-13-2009, 07:44 AM
a little too cocky, perhaps.

LakeShow
03-13-2009, 12:12 PM

http://i44.tinypic.com/25q57ht.gif

Nice Signature. :toast btw, what were they looking at?

xellos88330
03-13-2009, 12:35 PM

With

Ariza on TP
Kobe on Manu
LO on Mason
Gasol on Gooden
Drew on Duncan

Let's see here. Basically you are running a team without a point guard, and forcing Kobe to be the main ball handler. You just made the Lakers highly predictable in their offensive sets.

The lineups from a fantasy standpoint seem to make sense to me, but in a real game, Phil Jackson would have you tested for drugs.

2Cleva
03-13-2009, 12:38 PM

Replay of Shannon Brown's block a couple weeks back.

xellos88330
03-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Tony Parker also always makes opposing defenses switch who is guarding him.

LakeShow
03-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Replay of Shannon Brown's block a couple weeks back.

Thanks. :toast

The Franchise
03-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Another cry for help thread. :depressed

Supergirl
03-13-2009, 12:49 PM
save this to the thread, im calling it now. Spurs in 5, at most 6. The guys looked damn good tonight, manu would have closed this game. Gooden is going to be a hungry monster come playoff time.

+1

Man In Black
03-13-2009, 12:56 PM
I give you LAL biatches a couple of good reasons and what do I get back for a response? CRICKETS...You're scared of what could happen should AB not get to full strength and I see a tear in your eye. :pop:

MoSpur
03-13-2009, 01:05 PM
I love fans who are all gung ho about their teams. Especially the Spurs. I love me some Spurs, but we have to be honest here. The Spurs are not better than the Lakers right now. I don't know if they will be better come playoff time. I'd like to hope so, but the Lakers provide matchup problems for our Spurs.

Manu and Gooden, if both are 100% will make a big difference. I don't know if that will be enough to take out the Lakers in a series. I have faith that it will be enough, but no way will it be easy. The Lakers are good. Kobe is the best closer in the game right now and can kill any team.

Tim Duncan seems to be hurting in some way. The dude was wearing Sean Elliott's old knee braces. He needs to be close to 100% for the Spurs to have a fighter's chance. I think if the Spurs get a Manu at 100% or near and Drew Gooden at 100% or near and a Tim Duncan at 100% or near, the Spurs can and might take out the Lakers in seven games.

4everSpurFan
03-13-2009, 01:24 PM
It's funny how some spurs fans are ignorant when they start threads like this.. I rarely post on here but I visit every so often..

I'm a TRUE spurs fan and always wil bel!!!

The lakers are a better team overall but I "think" the spurs have a good shot beating them in the WCF if they meet. Spurs needed gino20 last night and can't wait till he gets healthy. One major problem the spurs have with the lakers is the rebounding advantage. That is where LA pulls away from us and why they are the no. 1 team in the league right now.

Hopefully gooden is the answer we need to be a better inside team and hit the boards harder. -- I personally don't think he will make a big difference/

jag
03-13-2009, 01:53 PM

I was at a bar watching that sorry display of basketball the Spurs were putting on out there.

We basically got molested for 48 min while Finley hit a bunch of shots that didn't matter.

gg Lakeshow

Pop's gonna have to pull something creative out of his ass for this thing to be competitive.

NFGIII
03-13-2009, 02:04 PM
It was a good effort from SA after putting themselves in a hole in the first half. Come playoff time the star players (Duncan, Parker, Manu) can't afford to start the game the way they did tonight; don't expect Finley to score 20+ per game in a playoff series.

This game was meaningless, both teams have a lot to improve. I was nice to see the Lakers bench didn't panic and held their ground when the Spurs gained momentum. It was nice to get the W against an always tough rival.

Go Lakers!

Agreed. Spotting the Lakers 18 points after the 1st Q was over is a recipe for losing. The Lakers are the team to beat in the West. Both teams have room to improve so which one does a better job at it remains to be seen. Manu/TD's heatlh are concerns for me as well as how we can get Gooden aclimated to our system. I believe that if both the health of this team improves and Gooden contributes to the level most here think he can - points and rebounds - then we have a good shot at taking the Lakers out in the POs. It will be a tough battle but if the Spurs can limit LA frontline's offensive rebounds and make them work for points rather get easy looks, which I see them getting all the time thanks to the presence of Kobe and the D set against him, then it will be a very competitive series.

But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Utah is coming on strong and I really don't want to play them at this point. I think we win it but it may turn out like the NO series of last year. The Spurs win a hard fought series and are drained by it and then go to face a rested Lakers team. That would not be a good scenario for the Spurs.

There is no way that I see Finley playing like that in the playoffs. That is consistently. That was one of the best games that I have ever seen him play while in a Spurs uniform.

And you are right about the 3 pointers. The Spurs have to make a good % or they will be coming up on the short end more often than not.

The OP I think was trying to :stirpot: or was :drunk which Timvp reponded by :lol

Oh, Gee!!
03-13-2009, 02:10 PM
they have a chance

Muser
03-13-2009, 02:30 PM
The Spurs have a chance, anything can happen in the Playoffs.

IronMexican
03-13-2009, 02:32 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/25q57ht.gif

That was the Shannon Brown block on I forgot who.

sananspursfan21
03-13-2009, 02:34 PM
i think "lakers have no chance..." is a little strong but i think the spurs will be ready to take them on. lakers have a hard fall from the top!