PDA

View Full Version : this game didn't do anything to make me think we can't beat LA

HarlemHeat37
03-12-2009, 10:03 PM
We managed to get the game down to the last possession, despite being down nearly 20..the reason being that the Lakers were making ridiculous shots in the 1st quarter..every team has quarters like that, LA had one today..the only open shots we allowed in the quarter were mid-range Js to Ariza, and that's exactly how you should play an inconsistent shooter..

the D looked bad on paper, but it really wasn't all that bad..most of the shots were contested, they were making tough shots..and I don't mean Kobe, I mean their worse players like Walton, Vujacic, Mbenga, Powell..

we missed a ton of FTs..we didn't make 2 out of 2 at the line until the 4th quarter..

Duncan and Parker played some of the worst basketball I've seen from them in a while in the 1st half..Duncan's still rusty/injured..

Pop coached a horrible game..he also played the CIA role though..Gooden clearly made an impact in his only minute playing, but Pop sat him down..you don't show your hand in a meaningless game..

Gooden is clearly an upgrade over Bonner..Bonner has been playing bad D recently, so it's a wash defensively..Gooden is just much better at getting points closer to the basket, and he's a huge upgrade on the boards, which is something we struggle with..

SequSpur
03-12-2009, 10:04 PM
pop is a dufus and i get pinked...wtf?

Allanon
03-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Great comeback by the Spurs, they just didn't go away.

The Lakers were playing on a second night of a B2B, so I'll cut them some slack for their poor second half performance. Luckily they had enough left to close out the fourth with some decent defense.

Spursfan092120
03-12-2009, 10:06 PM
We managed to get the game down to the last possession, despite being down nearly 20..the reason being that the Lakers were making ridiculous shots in the 1st quarter..every team has quarters like that, LA had one today..the only open shots we allowed in the quarter were mid-range Js to Ariza, and that's exactly how you should play an inconsistent shooter..

the D looked bad on paper, but it really wasn't all that bad..most of the shots were contested, they were making tough shots..and I don't mean Kobe, I mean their worse players like Walton, Vujacic, Mbenga, Powell..

we missed a ton of FTs..we didn't make 2 out of 2 at the line until the 4th quarter..

Duncan and Parker played some of the worst basketball I've seen from them in a while in the 1st half..Duncan's still rusty/injured..

Pop coached a horrible game..he also played the CIA role though..Gooden clearly made an impact in his only minute playing, but Pop sat him down..you don't show your hand in a meaningless game..

Gooden is clearly an upgrade over Bonner..Bonner has been playing bad D recently, so it's a wash defensively..Gooden is just much better at getting points closer to the basket, and he's a huge upgrade on the boards, which is something we struggle with..
:tu Great post Harlem Heat.

Quiet Strength
03-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Great comeback by the Spurs, they just didn't go away.

The Lakers were playing on a second night of a B2B, so I'll cut them some slack for their poor second half performance. Luckily they had enough left to close out the fourth with some decent defense.

Finley played amazing against yall... lakers defense must really suck :lol

J_Paco
03-12-2009, 10:07 PM
If they can figure out how to eliminate Los Angeles' advantage on the offensive glass, then San Antonio can definitely beat them in the playoffs.

boutons_
03-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Lakers are by far the better team, with a great season, and HCA throughout the playoffs.

Allanon
03-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Finley played amazing against yall... lakers defense must really suck :lol

Yeah, Finley killed 'em good, gotta give props to Findog for bringing it from tipoff.

Lakers999
its the three point shooting hat kept the spurs in the game.... you guys just lucky that all those threes sank in

loveforthegame
The 2nd half performance made me feel better about beating the Lakers but we almost have to play a perfect game to do so. Gooden will help and I kept screaming for Pop to put him in there though I understand why he held him out.

Too many turnovers and not getting enough rebounds killed us tonight.

It doesn't help if Bonner and Mason are going to continue to lay eggs against this team.

tp2021
If they can figure out how to eliminate Los Angeles' advantage on the offensive glass, then San Antonio can definitely beat them in the playoffs.

Is there something to make a team's arms grow by a foot?

NBAdime
03-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Spurs plus Manu can and will handle the Lakers. I was happy with this game because it made me realize what an asset Tony Parker is.

Quiet Strength
03-12-2009, 10:09 PM
its the three point shooting hat kept the spurs in the game.... you guys just lucky that all those threes sank in

The spurs are I think the second best 3 point shooting team... Has nothing to do with luck

Capt Bringdown
03-12-2009, 10:12 PM
We've had plenty of close games against the Lakers. I've had well enough of the moral "victories" against the Lakers.

Winning is the only medicine to ease the deep pain and disappointment the Lakers have caused us over the years.

benefactor
03-12-2009, 10:12 PM
I agree completely. There are many positives to take from this and with Manu back healthy and Gooden experienced in the system we should have a great shot at beating them.

HarlemHeat37
03-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Actually, we managed to keep the game close, even though we were STILL making unforced stupid mistakes in the 2nd half..we had a number of offensive fouls OFF the ball in the 4th quarter that changed the momentum too..

the Lakers are favored, but I have confidence we'll beat them..I'm actually gonna put money on it when the series comes, it should be heavy odds against the Spurs..

You also have to remember that Duncan's playing at about 80% right now if you consider his clear rust..

VI_Massive
03-12-2009, 10:13 PM

Drew Gooden, hopefully.

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2009, 10:15 PM
lakers might have won the battle

but the war doesnt start till april....

spurs still preparing....

Avitus1
03-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I totally agree. Just hope both we each team wasn't to CIA tonight.

benefactor
03-12-2009, 10:17 PM
lakers might have won the battle

but the war doesnt start till april....

spurs still preparing....
SPAM...there is no escaping it.

imagevo
03-12-2009, 10:18 PM
The 2nd half performance made me feel better about beating the Lakers but we almost have to play a perfect game to do so. Gooden will help and I kept screaming for Pop to put him in there though I understand why he held him out.

Too many turnovers and not getting enough rebounds killed us tonight.

It doesn't help if Bonner and Mason are going to continue to lay eggs against this team.

Considering that we only lost the game by 7, we missed 8 FT's, and we didn't have Ginobili, I really don't see how we even have to play a perfect game to beat the lakers.. they are tough but right now we aren't even close to what we WILL be in the playoffs

whottt
03-12-2009, 10:20 PM
I agree with this thread.

I don't see how anyone can come away with anything but positives from this game...

I mean :wtf, the best players outside of Duncan and Parker were Udoka, Thomas and Finley?

If that's not a freaking positive I don't know what is...

There's no way LA will beat us if even those guys play well against them.

Pop didn't pull out of all the stops in this game..whereas we pretty much saw everything LA is going to throw at us.

Oh and mega props to the Spurs were giving LA a taste of their own medicine with the ballswiping in the fourth...let's keep that part of the gameplan against them.

Quiet Strength
03-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Considering that we only lost the game by 7, we missed 8 FT's, and we didn't have Ginobili, I really don't see how we even have to play a perfect game to beat the lakers.. they are tough but right now we aren't even close to what we WILL be in the playoffs

Yeah but its not like the lakers are close either. I think if the spurs meet them in the playoffs it will be a much more exciting series than last year.

crc21209
03-12-2009, 10:21 PM

That and the fact that the Lakers were getting O-Rebounds like crazy, Mason shot like shit, Bonner played HORRIBLE. Almost everything that could have gone wrong in the 1st half, did.

Capt Bringdown
03-12-2009, 10:22 PM
If Finley didn't shoot way over his head, we lose by a lot more than 7.

crc21209
Hill on Kobe at the end of the game should prove to everyone here that Pop was clearly expermenting with shit the whole night.

Avitus1
Plus Hill on Kobe was just awful and I dont think we'll see that during the WCF.

Kobe™
03-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Face it you guys are outmatched.

Quiet Strength
03-12-2009, 10:23 PM

:lmao ur funny

imagevo
03-12-2009, 10:24 PM

Pop encourages Mason to take a lot of shots because Mason can make them, but today Mason only shot 33%. Put Gooden in the game and we will be able to recover from a lot of those missed shots if he adds a lot of physical presence and can get the offensive rebounds. Offensive rebounds = more firepower for the Spurs and if Gooden can supply the rebounds we win 5 this year.

crc21209
03-12-2009, 10:24 PM

Face it the Lakers havent won the whole thing since 2002.

Agloco
03-12-2009, 10:26 PM

http://www.rotorob.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/Drew_Gooden.jpg

Capt Bringdown
I agree, unfortunately.
Take an honest look at the matchups.

The Spurs can play the Lakers close, that's about it, as recent and past history has shown us time and time again.

Spork KIller

Kill yourself mother fucker.

timaios
03-12-2009, 10:27 PM
I don't understand the meltdown after this game.

We all know the Spurs can't win the title without Manu...
Tim Duncan is not himself right now.
And Drew Gooden played 3'32 and had 4reb + 2pts.
The Lakers couldn't miss in the first quarter.

And the Spurs made it a 1 possession game in the last 2 min.

The Lakers are the favorite to win the West.
But with a healthy Manu, a healthy Duncan and the addition of a good Drew Gooden, i like our chances.

It will be difficult, but it is possible.
That's all i want.

:flag::flag::flag:

HarlemHeat37
03-12-2009, 10:27 PM
another thing to be considered..

what difference does Bynum make? you have to remember, this isn't going to be the dominant Bynum during the stretch we caught him in..it's going to be Bynum coming back from an injury..the Bynum we saw for the first 40 games of the season..

so I don't really see how he makes a significantly bigger impact than Powell and Mbenga made tonight..

Ginobili's impact is much superior..our depth for Manu isn't as good as their depth for Bynum..they replaced Bynum with 2 guys that produced at least as good as a recovering Bynum would..we replaced Manu's minutes with Ime fucking Udoka..

Spork KIller
03-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Plus Hill on Kobe was just awful and I dont think we'll see that during the WCF.

The spurms won't even make the WCF

imagevo
Yeah but its not like the lakers are close either. I think if the spurs meet them in the playoffs it will be a much more exciting series than last year.

True the lakers will be tougher than tonight's game and they will probably be more serious considering we will have Ginobili. On the other hand, the lakers have, in my opinion, their core squad, Kobe and Pau (i don't count Bynum he doesn't play basketball he just gets injured), and we don't have one of our all-star players.

Quiet Strength
Kill yourself mother fucker.

Kill yourself first! Record it though and have someone upload it on youtube or something so we can all have a laugh.

Spork KIller
03-12-2009, 10:29 PM

But with a healthy Manu, a healthy Duncan and the addition of a good Drew Gooden, i like our chances.

That's all i want.

what a dumbass

Capt Bringdown
03-12-2009, 10:29 PM

what difference does Bynum make? you have to remember, this isn't going to be the dominant Bynum during the stretch we caught him in..it's going to be Bynum coming back from an injury..the Bynum we saw for the first 40 games of the season..

so I don't really see how he makes a significantly bigger impact than Powell and Mbenga made tonight..

Ginobili's impact is much superior...

Isn't Manu going to be coming back from an injury as well?

milkshakeballa
03-12-2009, 10:31 PM

Ginobili's impact is much superior..our depth for Manu isn't as good as their depth for Bynum..they replaced Bynum with 2 guys that produced at least as good as a recovering Bynum would..we replaced Manu's minutes with Ime fucking Udoka..

Are you kidding me???

BYNUM ANCHORS THE FUCKING TITANTIC.

All those TP layups in the third quarter with Bynum????? :lol:lol:lol:lol

Sorry but...

A true defensive anchor > a good wing player line Manu ESPECIALLY IN THE PLAYOFFS

I don't get it....who is going to guard Gasol when Drew is back????

Don't forget the first game when Ariza was on TP....you can bet you will see that in the WCF. There is NO SHAME in losing to the better team...its the Lakers year this year...they aren't going to win 65+ games for no reason...

HarlemHeat37
03-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Did you not watch Bynum before his great stretch? Laker fans were all complaining about his poor D..he isn't going to have the same mobility, he's also a lazy defender when his offense isn't there..

Ginobili's injury is also much easier to come back from than Bynum's, and it's much more difficult for a big man to get back in form than it is for a swingman..

Capt Bringdown
03-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Spurs are holding down the fort while Manu's out, they should be proud of that.

Meanwhile, Lakers are racing out to the best record in the league, nobody in the Western conference is even close to catching them, and this is without their starting center. There's the (most likely insurmountable) difference.

Spursmania
03-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Are you kidding me???

Sorry but...

A true defensive anchor > a good wing player line Manu ESPECIALLY IN THE PLAYOFFS

Don't forget the first game when Ariza was on TP....you can bet you will see that in the WCF. There is NO SHAME in losing to the better team...its the Lakers year this year...they aren't going to win 65+ games for no reason...

HEY NOOBIE:troll , you're trolling another thread! You trolled in the game blog with Spurs insults and your idiocy. You trolled by starting a thread dissing on the Spurs in the Spur Forum. Now you're' here trying to troll again. If you don't get it, GTFO. :blah

LakeShow
03-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Man, you guys are delusional if this win doesn't impress you. The Lakers were on a back to back, on the road and they beat a rested Spurs team.

Getting Gooden and Gino back will help you but getting Bynum back will give the advantage back to the Lakers. You don't match up well with the lakers. Gooden hasn't played a game and he will need time to learn your system, problem is, he's not one of the smartest players in the league. Even at that the lakers can go to the triple towers and really do damage against the Spurs. Manu will do what he does against the lakers. Have one good game out of 3. Manu does not worry us. No disrespect but beating the Spurs is not a concern of mine and every Lakers fan that I know. You can call it cocky but we call it confidence. I feel like the Lakers will beat the Spurs no matter who's playing but Im a history guy.

HarlemHeat37
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Laker fans are free to have any opinions they want, I have no problem with that...you guys have a great team, the favorite to win the West..

Spursmania
03-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Man, you guys are delusional if this win doesn't impress you. The Lakers were on a back to back, on the road and they beat a rested Spurs team.

Getting Gooden and Gino back will help you but getting Bynum back will give the advantage back to the Lakers. You don't match up well with the lakers. Gooden hasn't played a game and he will need time to learn your system, problem is, he's not one of the smartest players in the league. Even at that the lakers can go to the triple towers and really do damage against the Spurs. Manu will do what he does against the lakers. Have one good game out of 3. Manu does not worry us. No disrespect but beating the Spurs is not a concern of mine and every Lakers fan that I know. You can call it cocky but we call it confidence. I feel like the Lakers will beat the Spurs no matter who's playing but Im a history guy.

Well at least you're not trolling and starting Troll threads like the MILKSHAKE TROLL. Props for a good game played by LA tonight.
:toast

LakeShow
03-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Laker fans are free to have any opinions they want, I have no problem with that...you guys have a great team, the favorite to win the West..

Well at least you're not trolling and starting Troll threads like the MILKSHAKE TROLL. Props for a good game played by LA tonight.

Great game as usual. We roll like that! :toast

Don't get me wrong, no one thinks it will be easy and we know we'll have to come with it. We just think that the lakers will bring it. I said earlier, the Spurs bring out the best in the Lakers.

milkshakeballa
03-12-2009, 11:10 PM

Sorry I just get upset when I read that the Lakers have no shot against you fucks in the playoffs..gimme a break

Dunc n Dave
03-12-2009, 11:10 PM

Here's a little history for you... Last 5 years... Spurs 2, Lakers 0, Spurs 2-0 in Finals, Lakers 0-2 in Finals

And don't come in here and act like Laker fans aren't worried about the Spurs. That's not what all your buddies over at LG were saying when Gooden signed with SA instead of LA. They were definitely worried about the Spurs.

Horse
03-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Why are the lakers not close? Cause of no bynum, how overrated is this guy I'd much rather he start then odom he's a matchup nitemare. And just think of the unforced mistakes. Not to mention waltons face attacking Ime's elbow and it's offensive, the weird out of bounds screen call, In my 20 years watching the nba never heard of that one. And ofcourse the greatest PF of all-time can't get a call to save his life. If the refs atleast use vasoline when they rape us in the playoffs we can win.

Horse
03-12-2009, 11:15 PM

That's all i want.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:flag:

LakeShow
03-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Here's a little history for you... Last 5 years... Spurs 2, Lakers 0, Spurs 2-0 in Finals, Lakers 0-2 in Finals

And don't come in here and act like Laker fans aren't worried about the Spurs. That's not what all your buddies over at LG were saying when Gooden signed with SA instead of LA. They were definitely worried about the Spurs.

I look at the head to head between the two teams in the playoffs. That other stuff is a meaningless stat.

Do you want me to lie? I'm telling you how we see it. Sorry if it's not what you want to hear.

ducks
03-12-2009, 11:17 PM
WHY CAN THE SPURS NOT WIN WITHOUT MANU?
HELLO!

THEY ALMOST BEAT THE LAKERS WITHOUT MANU
spurs just came out thinking manu is the only why they have a chance

that kind of thinking is STUPID

iggypop123
03-12-2009, 11:17 PM
all this game told me is the spurs have to be hot from the 3 point line to have a shot to beat the lakers

Allanon
03-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Why are the lakers not close? Cause of no bynum, how overrated is this guy I'd much rather he start then odom he's a matchup nitemare.

It's not that Bynum's the greatest thing since sliced bread, it's his effect on the team matchups.

Duncan > Bynum and Duncan > Pau.

Bynum > any other Spur big man
Pau > any other Spur big man

Having Bynum back tips the frontcourt back in favor of the Lakers. Duncan can only guard Bynum or Pau, not both. Who's gonna stop the other guy. Bynum's a pretty good secondary defender which should give Tony some problems in the paint.

Also, Odom coming off the bench makes the bench mob much better at the expense of his personal stats.

LakeShow
03-12-2009, 11:22 PM
After you guys lose in 6, you can cry with Kobe.......This game ment nothing and its obvious the spurs were tryn out lineups. You forget we have too high quality starters that didnt play tonight...at least meaningful mins. Gooden+Manu>>>>>>Bynum....you guys won and our shooters played like shit, Tim couldnt get a call and did not play well and you guys only won by seven!

Next Game you wont see a 6-8 guy playing center for us and you will have to account for the wild bull manu going down the lane for and ones!

:toast I look forward to it!

DeadlyDynasty
03-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Spurs were 11-17 from the 3-point line and had a 25 point game from Finley: you have a better chance of hitting the lottery than seeing that happen again against LA come playoff time. You guys lost, get over it. LA is just the better team, and you have no evidence to the contrary--FACT. See you in the playoffs, don't forget to pack your excuses with you

iggypop123
03-12-2009, 11:27 PM
All this game told me is that your a jack-ass! Laker fans counting out the Spurs when 2 starter quality players sat the bench. God help you when we are at full power.

spurs were lights out from 3. thats why they were in the game. it was pretty simple to see. if you live the by the 3 you die by the 3. tonight they lived. will it continue? history says nope.

DeadlyDynasty
03-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Bynum make the lakers worse......I have a feeling he will be delt in the off season. Gooden is close to Bynum just not as much a shot blocker. Bynum has no game inside and requires being fed at the rim. He also pushes Odom off the floor or to the 3 were he is less a problem for us.

Every one forgets Gooden is a 14 and 9 guy, about what Bynum is if Im correct. LA fans forget manu is a 20ppg guy and can go off just like Kobe. These two guys if healthy make us as good or better 1-9.
:lmao

Allanon
03-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Gooden is close to Bynum just not as much a shot blocker.

I personally think Bynum is MUCH better than Gooden but that's just my homer opinion.

milkshakeballa
03-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Bynum make the lakers worse......I have a feeling he will be delt in the off season. Gooden is close to Bynum just not as much a shot blocker. Bynum has no game inside and requires being fed at the rim. He also pushes Odom off the floor or to the 3 were he is less a problem for us.

Every one forgets Gooden is a 14 and 9 guy, about what Bynum is if Im correct. LA fans forget manu is a 20ppg guy and can go off just like Kobe. These two guys if healthy make us as good or better 1-9.

Bynum is a fucking ANCHOR!!! My god Gooden is a good rebounder that is all....DONT COMPARE THE TWO.....

Bynum alters NUMEROUS SHOTS EVERY GAME....GOODEN???? No...Im sorry...he is a very good rebounder but not an anchor....Bynum is a freaking anchor....esp against the spurs....TP will be heavily effected by Bynums presence...

and Drew has defended Duncan better than anybody the past 2 years...ask TIM HIMSELF...he has said so in the past

milkshakeballa
03-12-2009, 11:32 PM
heres another thing...the reason why everybody was drooling over the lakers b ench was because odom controlled that mob and handled the rock....guess what happens in the playoffs.... :) odom back to coming off the bench and the 2nd unit because dominant again....

milkshakeballa
03-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Bynum is a poor rebounder for his size, and without Kobe and Gasol who are great set up guys this guy has no moves. While if I had to pick between the 2 I would pick bynum cause Im a Defensive guy, what I mean is hes gonna give the spurs about the same stats so the 2 will be a wash.

Bynum can block shots but Gooden can pull him away from the bucket with his 17 footers.

LOL my god

The most important thing in playoff basketball is a DEFENSIVE anchor...look at the past 20 champions...all had defensive anchors...only team who hasn't was the pistons...who were one of the best defensive teams in the past 30 years....

Please don't say Gooden and Bynum will be a wash during the series...even statiscally....

DrHouse
03-12-2009, 11:35 PM
C'mon Spur fans. You're better than this. Can you once just admit you got beat? No excuses, no blaming the refs, no blaming injuries.

With all due respect this is a game you SHOULD have won. The Lakers were playing on the tail-end of a b2b game and the Spurs were totally rested. Despite that the Lakers led for the entire game.

It doesn't seem to me anyone is actually looking at the facts in front of them. Points in the paint. The Lakers continue to score the bulk of their pts from inside the paint against the Spurs. You tell me what's easier to do in a 7 game series, bombing 3's or making layups? In all 3 matchups the Spurs have shown no sign that they are capable of changing that.

Don't listen to me though. What do I know? I'm just a biased Laker fan :toast

milkshakeballa
03-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Kobe is your Anchor.........Lets not get cute, you guys are not a great defensive team even with 2 seven footers.......and last time I checked Hes not gonna alter the 15 3s we take a game. Its not that Bynum isnt a good shot blocker but both TD and Gooden can shoot the 17footer, Bynum will have to defend one. Bynum also is an awful pick and role defender.

Bynum will guard Duncan and can contest on a pick and pop if they run it with TP and TD all game...he has shown before...and really...Duncan shooting 17-18 footers with Bynums hand in his grill all game = 20 pt win for the lakers...and im sure you are aware of bynums post D on duncan from the past :lol:lol

and no...our defensive anchor is Bynum....do you know what a defensive anchor is???

DrHouse
03-12-2009, 11:39 PM
Kobe is your Anchor.........Lets not get cute, you guys are not a great defensive team even with 2 seven footers.......and last time I checked Hes not gonna alter the 15 3s we take a game. Its not that Bynum isnt a good shot blocker but both TD and Gooden can shoot the 17footer, Bynum will have to defend one. Bynum also is an awful pick and role defender.

Have you actually watched Bynum play basketball?

He's the Lakers best rebounder and shot blocker by far.

You're just making a fool of yourself now. Man up and accept the loss.

DeadlyDynasty
03-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Your a damn fool, make sure you sign on every game during the series.
your excuses and justifications are pathetic. The difference between Lakers and spurs fans is we tell it how it is, and you tell it how it "might" be. Good luck hanging onto that #2 seed...Rockets are creepin up on ya

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2009, 12:07 AM
How it is, your team has a rapist and a transgender....and may or may not have a half man half goat starting at Center. What is is we have 30ppg that is gonna be added to an already solid team. What is is that even your own coachs begged Gooden to sign with you guys knowing that he puts the spurs on your level. What is is Tex Winters telling reporters that he agrees with many NBA coaches that signing gooden scares the lakers.

Thats what is........you beat a team down 2 starters by 7.....you were out scored in the 2,3,4th quarters....that is what is. I stated days ago while I would like the win, this game means little if Manu and Gooden didnt play.....so enjoy you win, you will see us healthy again and we will see whos the best team.
just have your ready-made excuses handy when the Lakers bounce SA from the playoffs yet again...:sleep

Dunc n Dave
03-13-2009, 12:09 AM
I look at the head to head between the two teams in the playoffs. That other stuff is a meaningless stat.

Do you want me to lie? I'm telling you how we see it. Sorry if it's not what you want to hear.

Seeing as how the Spurs and Lakers have only played each other once since Shaq left LA, that's not much history to go on. Although maybe there would be more history if the Lakers had:
A)made the playoffs in 2005
B)gotten past Phoenix in the 1st round in 2006 and 2007

So far, all you have to go on last year's one-hit wonder team that was blown out in the Finals after stealing a game in SA on a non-call that even the NBA Front Office said should have been a foul.

But hey, I can't blame you for taking the stolen victory, if the role was reversed, I'd gladly take the help from the officials to get a road win in the PO's too.

In other words, one flawed playoff series is not enough HISTORY to make a fair assumption of the future outcome. Different pieces on both teams.

Don't get me wrong, I admit the Spurs will be the underdogs vs the Lakers, but I also know the Spurs are not the tired, broken down old team the Lakers destroyed in the PO games at Staples last year. We have more firepower now and are just as good, if not better defensively.

Don't be surprised if the Spurs dethrone the Lakers in 6 or 7 games.

LakeShow
03-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Seeing as how the Spurs and Lakers have only played each other once since Shaq left LA, that's not much history to go on. Although maybe there would be more history if the Lakers had:
A)made the playoffs in 2005
B)gotten past Phoenix in the 1st round in 2006 and 2007

So far, all you have to go on last year's one-hit wonder team that was blown out in the Finals after stealing a game in SA on a non-call that even the NBA Front Office said should have been a foul.

But hey, I can't blame you for taking the stolen victory, if the role was reversed, I'd gladly take the help from the officials to get a road win in the PO's too.

In other words, one flawed playoff series is not enough HISTORY to make a fair assumption of the future outcome. Different pieces on both teams.

Don't get me wrong, I admit the Spurs will be the underdogs vs the Lakers, but I also know the Spurs are not the tired, broken down old team the Lakers destroyed in the PO games at Staples last year. We have more firepower now and are just as good, if not better defensively.

Don't be surprised if the Spurs dethrone the Lakers in 6 or 7 games.

Well nothing we could do about losing while we were rebuilding. You can make all of the excuses that you would like if it makes you sleep better at night. The Spurs and Lakers have plenty of history. Also Phil's history against pop will be a factor. He loves and welcomes a Spurs/Lakers matchup.

I said in the "would you just die" thread that you made some nice moves to compete with the Lakers and that I thought you would be a 6th or 7th seed this season but I was wrong. You're still hanging tough but the Lakers can cause matchup problems for you and Phil is also at his best against S.A

Before I thought the Lakers would take the Spurs out in 4. I don't believe that now with the changes the Spurs made. I see the Lakers winning in 6.

Spurminator
03-13-2009, 12:26 AM
The first quarter was just a killer. We made Ariza look like DPOY and Bonner should not be starting against this team. Other games, fine, but if we play LA in the Playoffs, we need to start one of our other big men.

peskypesky
03-13-2009, 12:29 AM

I agree!

ThaiFanofSpurs
03-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Are you kidding me???

Sorry but...

Time will tell. Let's wait and see shall we?

ThaiFanofSpurs
03-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Bynum is a fucking ANCHOR!!! My god Gooden is a good rebounder that is all....DONT COMPARE THE TWO.....

Bynum alters NUMEROUS SHOTS EVERY GAME....GOODEN???? No...Im sorry...he is a very good rebounder but not an anchor....Bynum is a freaking anchor....esp against the spurs....TP will be heavily effected by Bynums presence...

and Drew has defended Duncan better than anybody the past 2 years...ask TIM HIMSELF...he has said so in the past

I disagree with the idea of Bynum effect on TP. TP does not have to score from his layup only. He can go around him and he is quicker than Bynum. Anyway, let's wait and see if there is any effect or not shall we.

xtremesteven33
03-13-2009, 01:16 AM
im getting 2007 nostalgia.....

timaios
03-13-2009, 01:32 AM
im getting 2007 nostalgia.....

You mean, when the Cavs swept both games against the Spurs in regular season... and then in NBA Finals...

The_Game
03-13-2009, 01:37 AM
spurs still have the same problems...i doubt it will be anything but L.A in 5 again.

MiamiHeat
03-13-2009, 01:48 AM
i am crying on the inside. please beat the lakers in the playoffs.

BeeGee
03-13-2009, 03:14 AM
Hill on Kobe at the end of the game should prove to everyone here that Pop was clearly expermenting with shit the whole night.

Whatever it takes to help you deal with the loss, man. i noticed that is a serious M.O. with a lot of Spurs fans. You muhfuggas WILL NOT admit defeat for anything. Here you are, looking for a reason to treat this like a preseason game - listen to yourself.

The bottom line is the Spurs are probably not good enough to hang with us in a 7-game series...especially with the Lakers holding homecourt and probably regardless of who holds homecourt.

We're prepared to defend our Western crown without Bynum, but if we're at full strength, it's gonna be tough for the Spurs front line (WITH GOODEN) to deal with that. Spurs fans make more excuses for losses than Laker fans and that shit is DIFFICULT TO TOP.

Whoever you cats bring to the postseason, we'll be ready, man. Just leave that bag of "feel good excuses" at home, man. Play ball or don't play ball. Get with us or get tossed. But please with the reverse psychology bullshizm.

xellos88330
03-13-2009, 03:22 AM
Whatever it takes to help you deal with the loss, man. i noticed that is a serious M.O. with a lot of Spurs fans. You muhfuggas WILL NOT admit defeat for anything. Here you are, looking for a reason to treat this like a preseason game - listen to yourself.

The bottom line is the Spurs are probably not good enough to hang with us in a 7-game series...especially with the Lakers holding homecourt and probably regardless of who holds homecourt.

We're prepared to defend our Western crown without Bynum, but if we're at full strength, it's gonna be tough for the Spurs front line (WITH GOODEN) to deal with that. Spurs fans make more excuses for losses than Laker fans and that shit is DIFFICULT TO TOP.

Whoever you cats bring to the postseason, we'll be ready, man. Just leave that bag of "feel good excuses" at home, man. Play ball or don't play ball. Get with us or get tossed. But please with the reverse psychology bullshizm.

You play for the Lakers???

Whisky Dog
03-13-2009, 03:37 AM
Kobe has been really healthy and hasn't missed much game time at all. There's no way in hell Kobe suffers a season ending injury, no way in hell.