PDA

View Full Version : So, it will be a lakers/celtics rematch in finals

djohn2oo8
03-12-2009, 10:05 PM
All about ratings. David Stern knows damn well that Tim Donaghy wasn't the only betting ref.(SEE VIOLET PALMER) If he let out that there were more dirty refs, the NBA would become like the steroids era of baseball. Just hear me out a second. The lakers always get the calls because of kobe, so therefore, the lakers are one of stern's favorites, and will always be in the finals, or at least the WCF. The Celtics also have a rich history, and now that the big 3 has won a championship, stern will love to have them in the finals to make more money. Cleveland, yeah they get calls, but nowhere as much as that faggot ass Kobe gets just for a defender looking at him. Cleveland will be a contender as well. And the Spurs, no matter how old people think they are, parker is just in his prime, and has duncan and ginobli to team along with.

Outside of those teams, lakers, cavs, celtics, and spurs, we move on to the dark horses that stern hates. One, the Jazz. For all the times the jazz have been to the playoffs, they have never won a title, even though they had stockton/malone. The suns, especially when the fight in the playoffs occurred, and the suns players were suspended. This one is so damn easy: The Mavs! Stern cannot stand Cuban, see. first round series against golden state warriors, and 06 finals where wade carried the heat to the championship. As for the rockets, the problem with them is ALWAYS health, but there are alot of bullshit calls against Yao. If you don't have a player who always gets the superstar calls, sorry, no championship for you.

Then there are the storylines in the playoffs to attract the highest ratings. Celtics/Lakers renew their rilvary, can the rockets ever get out of the first round, Can the spurs challenge the lakers, these are all reasons why there is not a cinderella story like there is in march madness, like the #8 warriors beat the #1 seed mavericks, only to get that ass whooped against utah.

So, let's toast to a celtics/lakers finals, i guess, b/c we all know that stern would not have it any other way.:toast:downspin::bang

Ghazi
03-12-2009, 10:07 PM
But the Mavs "choked" against the Heat?

Mutha fuckin double standards.

djohn2oo8
03-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I came to this realization last night down the stretch against the rockets, where kobe got like 10 calls in a row. Not the first time. So I say FUCK STERN

Indazone
03-12-2009, 10:28 PM
I would like to see a new basketball commissioner. Give someone else the reins for a nice change of pace.

NBAdime
03-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Well word is Rick Weltz is next in line.

Allanon
03-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Boring ass teams have won the championships, I don't believe in these conspiracy theories.

Refs aside, can anybody honestly say they Lakers/Celtics aren't very good teams?

Rogue
03-12-2009, 10:41 PM
I came to this realization last night down the stretch against the rockets, where kobe got like 10 calls in a row. Not the first time. So I say FUCK STERN

fuck you, dude.

djohn2oo8
03-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Boring ass teams have won the championships, I don't believe in these conspiracy theories.

Refs aside, can anybody honestly say they Lakers/Celtics aren't very good teams?

Noy many boring teams have won a championship. I remember the spurs/cavs series that was an all time low in finals ratings: 6.2.....
For the past years since 2000, it has been Lakers, Lakers, Lakers, Spurs, Pistons, Spurs, Heat, Spurs, Celtics

Shank
03-12-2009, 10:55 PM
This entire theory is predicated upon a ridiculous assumption.

Rogue
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM
This entire theory is predicated upon a ridiculous assumption.
agreed

Roxsfan
03-12-2009, 11:10 PM
I hate David Stern that short, bald, fat double-chin, ugly ass mother fucker.

djohn2oo8
03-12-2009, 11:15 PM
agreed

So then you are admitting that the mavs choked in the finals, and that there was no conspiracy? If baseball does it, why can't basketball??? Remember tim donaghy, he didn't invent point shaving

cobbler
03-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Noy many boring teams have won a championship. I remember the spurs/cavs series that was an all time low in finals ratings: 6.2.....
For the past years since 2000, it has been Lakers, Lakers, Lakers, Spurs, Pistons, Spurs, Heat, Spurs, Celtics

What i don't get... is if you actually believe the BS you are spewing, then why on earth would you spend your time and money watching and supporting a league you feel is fixed? So you either don't believe your own silly theories or you are just plain stupid. :bang

Rogue
03-12-2009, 11:49 PM
So then you are admitting that the mavs choked in the finals, and that there was no conspiracy? If baseball does it, why can't basketball??? Remember tim donaghy, he didn't invent point shaving
though I don't intend to harm your self-confidence and self-respect, I still have to tell you that you're still an idiot even though you've been living in the states for years.

This entire theory is predicated upon a ridiculous assumption isn't for david stern or the league but for an doggy idiot that has no knowledge about our league. Donaghy isn't the only offcial that was bribed, besides him there're also thousands of other officals working for another nation which is located on the other side of the pathetic ocean. Hadn't those servile officers in charge of immgration been bribed, then the states would have one less shit harming her beautiful land.

Jacob1983
03-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Can you imagine if it was the Spurs and Cavs again? Stern would kill himself before the tipoff of game 1 of that series.

djohn2oo8
03-13-2009, 08:11 AM
What i don't get... is if you actually believe the BS you are spewing, then why on earth would you spend your time and money watching and supporting a league you feel is fixed? So you either don't believe your own silly theories or you are just plain stupid. :bang

The NBA isn't getting another dollar from me....I said what is the obvious about the NBA, (see. Lakers vs Kings in playoffs, phantom calls) In baseball, if they still do it in baseball, it isn't obvious. Calling a blocking foul on Carl Landry when Kobe missed a wide open dunk is pure bullshit, and then it hit me how full of shit stern is. There aren't any reliable refs anymore. You already know people want to see another Lakers/Celtics rematch in finals, since it was the highest rated finals since the pistons/lakers. http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/article/121726

pauls931
03-13-2009, 08:23 AM
No stern told me he wants kobe lesbron this year. He's still furious porter messed up shaq vs kobe in the first round too.