PDA

View Full Version : Something I've noticed about the Spurs (And why Manu is so important)

MarHill
03-12-2009, 11:08 PM
I've watched the Spurs a lot over the TD era and I've noticed that because he is so consistent and his energy level is always the same and it can appear he comes out flat.

TD's great strength is his consistency and since he's the franchise his demanor spreads throughout the entire team.

The Spurs' greatest asset is their consistency and ability to grind it out for 4 quarters but I saw in tonight's game when a team like LA gets hot (in the 1st quarter) it's hard to overcome.

Manu's energy is the Spurs' most important asset to the team. Because his energy gives the team a lift even if he's not playing well. Everyone feeds off his energy and without it the Spurs can flat line through games.

Looking at these games while he's been out...I could tell the Spurs needed his energy. Even though they have played well...they are missing that jolt of energy (or juice as he calls it) that Manu brings.

I believe this is one of the main factors (along with adding size in Gooden) that can get them through the west and win an NBA title. And without his energy..the Spurs can't win it all!

:flag:

Spursfan092120
03-12-2009, 11:11 PM
I've watched the Spurs a lot over the TD era and I've noticed that because he is so consistent and his energy level is always the same and it can appear he comes out flat.

TD's great strength is his consistency and since he's the franchise his demanor spreads throughout the entire team.

The Spurs' greatest asset is their consistency and ability to grind it out for 4 quarters but I saw in tonight's game when a team like LA gets hot (in the 1st quarter) it's hard to overcome.

Manu's energy is the Spurs' most important asset to the team. Because his energy gives the team a lift even if he's not playing well. Everyone feeds off his energy and without it the Spurs can flat line through games.

Looking at these games while he's been out...I could tell the Spurs needed his energy. Even though they have played well...they are missing that jolt of energy (or juice as he calls it) that Manu brings.

I believe this is one of the main factors (along with adding size in Gooden) that can get them through the west and win an NBA title. And without his energy..the Spurs can't win it all!

Wow...if ever there was something that I had on the tip of my tongue but couldn't express it, you just did it perfectly. Beautiful post.
:toast:toast

ducks
03-12-2009, 11:13 PM

gooden brings that

why manu is so important is because media and pop keeps saying they have to have him

MarHill
03-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Wow...if ever there was something that I had on the tip of my tongue but couldn't express it, you just did it perfectly. Beautiful post.
:toast:toast

Thanks, Spursfan092190!! :toast

I've been thinking about that a lot of the years as I've watched the Spurs.

For example, the Lakers are dynamic and it's look like they are great (and they are) but it looks exciting because of Kobe and his demanor spreads throughout their team.

But, the Spurs are consistent and looks like they are going through the motions and it can appear boring. Until Manu comes into the game...and his energy gives the Spurs a lift and excitement they normally don't have.

They are going to need that as well as help from Gooden to win a title.

Spursfan092120
03-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Thanks, Spursfan092190!! :toast

I've been thinking about that a lot of the years as I've watched the Spurs.

For example, the Lakers are dynamic and it's look like they are great (and they are) but it looks exciting because of Kobe and his demanor spreads throughout their team.

But, the Spurs are consistent and looks like they are going through the motions and it can appear boring. Until Manu comes into the game...and his energy gives the Spurs a lift and excitement they normally don't have.

They are going to need that as well as help from Gooden to win a title.
Exactly..I've been saying things similar to that all night...Gooden should be a big help if tonight has any basis on reality.

MarHill
03-12-2009, 11:19 PM

gooden brings that

why manu is so important is because media and pop keeps saying they have to have him

Well, it's true! I don't think the team is demoralize or terrible because they don't have him. But, like your body...there are different parts and they all have to work together to function correctly.

And the same thing for this basketball team! In order to win a title...they need all their parts working together and Manu's part is the energy and juice to balance out the team's consistent nature.

it's me
03-12-2009, 11:21 PM

Where the fuck was this moron last year during the WCF???

Quiet Strength
03-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Yeah I agree manus energy is important. Everything he does on the court is huge for the spurs.. his passes, him being able to create his own shot and sometimes attack the rim and either finish or get to the line and he is a very good free throw shooter. His defense is also huge.. Sometimes he gets a huge block or a huge steal and even draws charges. The spurs are a much better team both offensively and defensively with him on the floor and the only way they will have a chance to win a title this year is with him back and healthy.

MarHill
03-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah I agree manus energy is important. Everything he does on the court is huge for the spurs.. his passes, him being able to create his own shot and sometimes attack the rim and either finish or get to the line and he is a very good free throw shooter. His defense is also huge.. Sometimes he gets a huge block or a huge steal and even draws charges. The spurs are a much better team both offensively and defensively with him on the floor and the only way they will have a chance to win a title this year is with him back and healthy.

Yep it's that intangible Manu brings that makes the Spurs an elite team..not just a very good team.

ducks
03-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Where the fuck was this moron last year during the WCF???

here

the schedule sucked against lakers last year
spurs have mason,hill, gooden now

spurs have to move on

Yorae
03-12-2009, 11:45 PM
I think ducks should get pinked too.

roycrikside
03-13-2009, 12:40 AM
I think ducks should get pinked too.

I really don't know what more he has to say or write to get banned. I'm convinced that LJ and Kori just let him write whatever he wants because they think he's mentally retarded.

Ducks says he's a Spurs fan, but he's not. He's just not.

In fact, we should have a poll. Suppose it's game 7 of the NBA Finals, the Spurs are down two points, and Manu takes a three pointer right before the buzzer. Is Ducks rooting for the shot to go in or not?

I bet 99% of Spurstalk would say he's rooting for a miss.

honestfool84
03-13-2009, 12:49 AM
In fact, we should have a poll. Suppose it's game 7 of the NBA Finals, the Spurs are down two points, and Manu takes a three pointer right before the buzzer. Is Ducks rooting for the shot to go in or not?

:lol

MaNuMaNiAc
03-13-2009, 12:59 AM
I really don't know what more he has to say or write to get banned. I'm convinced that LJ and Kori just let him write whatever he wants because they think he's mentally retarded.

You've been here long enough to know that being stupid does NOT get you banned here. This is a good thing. Otherwise, we'd have all of 50 regular posters instead of the hundreds we have now.

Learn to ignore and stop requesting bans for pit sake. IMO you're much more likely to get banned by being a consistently royal pain in the ass than by being like ducks.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-13-2009, 01:06 AM

Just ignore him. His more biased and idiotic comments are self-negating.
C'mon, how can anyone really be bothered by Ducks comment, that Manu as "energy" guy, is all smoke and mirrors due to Pop and his propaganda team of reporters? (in a covert mission to take the glory away from Tony...) :lmao

I mean, sometimes it's funny when he dishes it back at other equally stupid posters in his mangled English.. it's like seeing the retarded kid from your grade school days fend off the school yard bullies, and you can't help but have your heart warmed a little bit at the sight.

ThaiFanofSpurs
03-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Tony is my favorite. Tim is the man of the Spurs. And Manu is also my favorite (second to Tony.) I know there are what so call "CoM" and CoT" in here. But I don't know why Duck has to hate Manu that much.

From tonight's game, from what I see from Tony, I believe that the strength of Tony and Manu together will make us better in the playoffs... and the next few years. The Spurs need both Manu and Tony, Duck.