PDA

View Full Version : which team would make the lakers work the most in round one of playoffs

ducks
03-12-2009, 11:29 PM
portland
denver,
allas

Allanon
03-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Not Denver.

Probably Utah and Portland.

allas could be a serious threat but they're just as likely to get swept. Depends on whether allas shows up or Dallas. :lol

ducks
03-12-2009, 11:31 PM
I think portland
there is bad blood there now
oh and lakers are 6-27 all time on road up there

Quiet Strength
03-12-2009, 11:31 PM
What are their records against the lakers this season? I think dallas would have a better chance than denver or portland but I doubt any of them will beat the lakers.

ducks
03-12-2009, 11:33 PM
I want them to play suns
i think all teams will lose to lakers

shaq would just get to pound on gasol and kobe 5 games

Spur-Addict
03-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Not Denver.

Probably Utah and Portland.

allas could be a serious threat but they're just as likely to get swept. Depends on whether allas shows up or Dallas. :lol

I think we all know what the answer to that is. :rollin

Avitus1
03-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Probably Portland.

Allanon
03-12-2009, 11:47 PM
I think we all know what the answer to that is. :rollin

That's just mean. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
03-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Dallas is only capable of playing the Spurs good in a playoff series. They are pretty much worthless and will most likely get eliminated by any other team.

Portland or Denver, I say.

HarlemHeat37
03-12-2009, 11:58 PM
hope New Orleans somehow falls to 8th..

DespЏrado
03-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Um if the question is about any western conference team then the answer has to be 1) San Antonio 2) New Orleans 3) Utah.

San Antonio is really the only right answer and its still a hell of a lot more possible than many spurs fans would care to admit, especially because we should give Duncan a week or so off before the playoffs.

Lakers2009champs
03-13-2009, 01:05 AM
hope New Orleans somehow falls to 8th..

New Orleans is the only WEST playoff team that almost beat the Lakers twice in L.A.. Even the Lakers will go to the finals again, a healthy hornets team scares me a little.

However, the Hornets will most likely not face the Lakers:toast

Dave McNulla
03-13-2009, 01:10 AM
i think the suns would give them the hardest time. i think suns don't make it, dallas plays them in round 1.

NewJerSpur
03-13-2009, 01:17 AM
If Denver is healthy, and Melo doesn't have a terrible shooting night and refuse to come out of the game to top things off, I'd give them a puncher's chance. L.A. just has Utah's number, as much as I like the Jazz. Portland is too young. Are people serious about Dallas? DALLAS?!

outmap
03-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Portland. Ask Rudy Fernandez!

Russ
03-13-2009, 02:54 AM
This year's Lakers might be the Mavs of '07 all over again.

The year before, they ['07 Mavs/'09 Lakers] beat the defending champ Spurs and go to the Finals as the big favorite.

Then they have a crushing collapse in the finals that has them questioning their character.

The next year they use their frustration to explode to the best regular season record in the league and all questions of heart seem to be forgotten.

Meanwhile, the Spurs are quaking in their boots because they know the ['07 Mavs/'09 Lakers] are the one team they just can't match up with in a seven game series.

And then the 1st round of the playoffs happens and the Spurs are rescued by fate.

Deja vu this year? Or just wishful thinking?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-13-2009, 02:58 AM
This year, none of the teams impress me much in the West other than the Lakers.
Lakers will have no problem with any of them, unless they're mentally weak enough to play down to their competition. I don't think they will this year though.

coachmac87
03-13-2009, 03:06 AM

The year before, they ['07 Mavs/'09 Lakers] beat the defending champ Spurs and go to the Finals as the big favorite.

Then they have a crushing collapse in the finals that has them questioning their character.

The next year they use their frustration to explode to the best regular season record in the league and all questions of heart seem to be forgotten.

Meanwhile, the Spurs are quaking in their boots because they know the ['07 Mavs/'09 Lakers] are the one team they just can't match up with in a seven game series.

And then the 1st round of the playoffs happens and the Spurs are rescued by fate.

:lol That would be nice...Well it will most likely be Dallas, but I think Denver can give them some trouble.

xellos88330
03-13-2009, 03:28 AM

I got the same damn feeling. Was about to post it in another thread. :toast

Ghazi
03-13-2009, 04:10 AM
GS was 6-1 against Dallas in their 7 games before the playoffs though.

LA is pretty dominant against every Western conference playoff team.

7-2 in their last 9 against SA
9-1 in their last 10 against Denver
3-3 in their last 6 against Portland (hhmm!)
5-0 in their last 5 v Mavs
5-2 in their last 7 v Hornets
7-3 in their last 10 v Jazz
4-1 in their last 5 v Rockets

Yeah... Portland's the best bet, but they can ONLY win in the Rose, not in Staples... and the first 2 games are at Staples. LA would get a 2-0 lead and win in 5-6.

WalterBenitez
03-13-2009, 04:12 AM
After last night I wouldn't say Spurs:bang

I'd take Utah and Portland

Spursarethebest
03-13-2009, 04:14 AM
Portland gives the Lakers the toughest challenge, but the Lakers have homecourt so there's no way they can lose.

kobyz
03-13-2009, 05:59 AM
Portland have no experience - it's likely will be an easy sweep
Denver will also be an easy series for Lakers like last year... maybe 5 games
Dallas have a chanse against Lakers - it will be a tough series for lakers, every time they played it's a close game.

wijayas
03-13-2009, 08:45 AM
portland
denver,
allas

Allas????
Oh I get it!!! :lol :lol :lol

DarrinS
03-13-2009, 09:18 AM
God, please let it be Portland.

superbigtime
03-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Portland isn't going to drop down to number 8.

LakeShow
03-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Portland would not stand a chance in the playoffs. Those guys are playoffs virgins, the Lakers would take them out in 4.

The Franchise
03-13-2009, 12:37 PM
This thread is pretty pathetic. Who do we want to face the Lakers in the first round so hopefully we don't have to. Really? I hate the Lakers as much as any Spurs fan but.....really?

tlongII
03-13-2009, 12:54 PM
I would be happy to face the Lakers in the 1st round, but I don't want to drop to the 8 seed. Not gonna happen.

lefty
03-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Blazeeeeeeeers

Or Suns, if they make the playoffs

lil_penny
03-13-2009, 02:13 PM
I would be happy to face the Lakers in the 1st round, but I don't want to drop to the 8 seed. Not gonna happen.

x2

the worst case scenario for portland is they lose to the the lakers like they are supposed to... the blazers have nothing to lose and lakers have everything.

either way i could see it being a great series if it happened, i know the blazers are young and inexperienced but i still couldnt see them getting swept.. at least they would put up a fight:ihit

sananspursfan21
03-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Utah would probly give'em the most trouble

Oh, Gee!!
03-13-2009, 02:46 PM
none

alexinstereo
03-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Portland:ihit

jack sommerset
03-13-2009, 04:49 PM
This thread is pretty pathetic. Who do we want to face the Lakers in the first round so hopefully we don't have to. Really? I hate the Lakers as much as any Spurs fan but.....really?

They know the Spews history is why. All the Spew titles had a bit of luck behind them. Mavericks 2007 were booted as the number one seed by GS plus that the year Amare and Diaw were suspended. The other two rings had key players to other teams out time playoffs rolled around due to injury. Webber blew out his knee. That team was super bad ass that year. Dirk went down in game 3 or 4 durning another ring run.

The Non ring 99 season was the biggest crap NBA season have ever seen. The thread starter is being real. Who can knock the Lakers out to help the Spews to another ring. I like his honesty. I like he knows his history.

DarrinS
03-13-2009, 04:55 PM
They know the Spews history is why. All the Spew titles had a bit of luck behind them. Mavericks 2007 were booted as the number one seed by GS plus that the year Amare and Diaw were suspended. The other two rings had key players to other teams out time playoffs rolled around due to injury. Webber blew out his knee. That team was super bad ass that year. Dirk went down in game 3 or 4 durning another ring run.

The Non ring 99 season was the biggest crap NBA season have ever seen. The thread starter is being real. Who can knock the Lakers out to help the Spews to another ring. I like his honesty. I like he knows his history.

I'd rather them not cakewalk through the first couple of rounds while the Spurs are having 6,7-game series and sleeping in airplanes. It's not like the Rockets would give them much of a fight.

jack sommerset
03-13-2009, 05:05 PM
I'd rather them not cakewalk through the first couple of rounds while the Spurs are having 6,7-game series and sleeping in airplanes. It's not like the Rockets would give them much of a fight.

Rockets would have a real chance at beating them especially if they can get the #2 seed. Jazz would beat them. Mavs woud beat them. Portland not sure could beat the Duncans but would make it interesting. Nuggest would lose.NO might have a chance but doubtful.

For the teams 2-8 home court should make a difference and remember if the Spews have a 4 game losing streak they can find themselves at the 8th seed. Its pretty close again.FYI, not a Rocket fan, this site makes you pick a team. I like everyone. I am a man of peace.

poop
03-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Dallas would only be a threat if you put all the lakers' guys in Spurs uniforms haha