PDA

View Full Version : suns outscore cavs 64-20 in the paint

j.dizzle
03-13-2009, 12:55 AM
This is why i don't believe Cleveland will win a title..They're nothing but a jump shooting team also. come on 64-20 that's just embarassing even if they won. I think puke walton has a better post up game then anyone on that team :lol Just watch the first 2 Laker games & ull realize they are not tough to beat. Just make lebron a shooter & cover the 3 & ull be fine.

Allanon
03-13-2009, 01:15 AM
This is why i don't believe Cleveland will win a title..They're nothing but a jump shooting team also. come on 64-20 that's just embarassing even if they won. I think puke walton has a better post up game then anyone on that team :lol Just watch the first 2 Laker games & ull realize they are not tough to beat. Just make lebron a shooter & cover the 3 & ull be fine.

I agree, the inside game is a major weakness of the Cavs. It showed in the last Lakers/Cavs game as well.

As long as they're making their jumpers, it's all good but relying on jumpers ain't a good way to win a championship. It's possible, just not very likely.

Cavs were a bit under-sized before the Joe Smith signing, not really sure how much Joe Smith is going to bring for them against the bigger teams since Joe is a skinny 6'10 guy, 220 pound guy.

DrHouse
03-13-2009, 01:22 AM
I don't think it's a guarantee the Cavs beat either the Celtics or the Magic even if they have HCA.

Rogue
03-13-2009, 01:45 AM
Suns wouldn't have scored 64 in the paint if Ben hadn't been sidelined by injury, though ben couldn't have made a big difference at the offensive end.

Xylus
03-13-2009, 05:11 AM
With Amare, it would have been closer to 84.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-13-2009, 05:23 AM
They are just saving JJ Hickson for the playoffs. Dude commands the paint like Bill Russell

http://cdn4.libsyn.com/packpride/UVA/Hickson.jpg?nvb=20090313101243&nva=20090314102243&t=02793e3d54574d3af0b72 4pXfHLUlZf4

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-13-2009, 05:25 AM
^^^That's not only a picture of JJ "Future HOFer" Hickson but Thunder Dan's reaction to that picture as well.

Rogue
03-13-2009, 07:02 AM
With Amare, it would have been closer to 84.
very true, but the suns would have replaced cavs to be outscored.

pauls931
03-13-2009, 08:28 AM
That was a fun game to watch and I noticed the disparity too, damn the cavs were lighting it up from outside. But yeah, slow it down and get some perimeter D going and I can see them having trouble. Maybe I'm wrong thinking there will be a cavs vs lakers finals. If a person goes by D it would be spurs vs celts.

LOL, props to richardson for trying to make it interesting with that dunk. Had the suns been in the playoff race I'd be mad.

Thunder Dan
03-13-2009, 08:29 AM
The problem right now is Mike Brown hasn't figured out his rotation with Wallace out and with Joe Smith. Anderson was the guy who came off the bench and guarded centers well. Joe Smith can't really do that as well as Andy could. The Cavs always seem to figure their defense out by the playoffs.

And, you are painting this with a broad brush.

The first Lakers game they got killed because of not having Z. Ben Wallace was on Bynum, and he couldn't stop him because he was about a foot shorter.

The second game against the Lakers they played poor weakisde defense and couldn't stop dribble penetration. It was not even close to the same as the first Lakers game. It was guys getting into the paint and passing it across the floor on the weakside. It was Pau getting doubled and passing to cutters. Deltone was out remember and that is who usually guards a guard like Fisher. The Cavs also had fundamental issues like boxing out

The Celtics killed us last week in a true battle of the paint

Last night was a ton of fast break and slop plays by the suns. It's not as if they were passing it down into their bigs and scoring all from there. Again, different- and as we have seen, that shit doesn't happen in the playoffs

Thunder Dan
03-13-2009, 08:32 AM
^^^That's not only a picture of JJ "Future HOFer" Hickson but Thunder Dan's reaction to that picture as well.
All great comics explain their jokes

Nocioni
03-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Lebron's team always perform better in the playoffs than the regular season

pauls931
03-13-2009, 08:54 AM

True, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to stand seeing the Knicks win multiple titles.

Allanon
03-13-2009, 10:00 AM

Lebron's team got swept by the Spurs in 2007.

stretch
03-13-2009, 10:24 AM
holy shit lakers fans are some insecure bastards. i think they start at least twice as many cavs threads as everyone else on the forum combined. yes, even including that fucking idiot ducks.

DrHouse
03-13-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm not too worried about the Cavs for precisely the same reasons.

If you have a defense good enough to keep Lebron out of the paint you have a great shot at beating them. The Suns don't and that's why they lost.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-13-2009, 12:14 PM

That's when they had no PG whatsoever, by far the most important regular season position. Now that they have a PG to get them a bunch of regular season wins, they'll no longer out perform their regular season record so much in the playoffs. That's just my view if it makes sense.

Look at last year, New Orleans, Phoenix, Utah, and Denver all had PG dominated offenses, and they all either did as expected or worse than expected in the playoffs.

Cleveland isn't a PG dominated offense but the PG has become very important to their offense.

This might be a legit argument, or it might just be me convincing myself Cleveland won't win this year :lol. I hope it's not the latter.

RedsLakers24
03-13-2009, 12:18 PM
With Pau and Bynum in the paint is going to be hard for the Cavs because it will be harder for Lebron do drive the ball, and all those points in the paint Lakers are going to get

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Unless Wallace gets healthy in time, LA is facing Boston in the finals. Boston will have a field day in the paint if Wallace isn't there.

dirk4mvp
03-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Yeah because Perkings and Mikki Moore will totally dominate the paint with their combined 11.7 ppg. Sizzlin!

JoeTait75
03-13-2009, 12:30 PM
How many teams are going to be able to take advantage of Cleveland's weakness in the paint to win four games in a series?

Not many. Maybe only the Lake Show if it comes to that.

RedsLakers24
03-13-2009, 12:32 PM
i want to see a kobe vs lebron finals but i also want revenge because the C's killed us in the finals last year

sook
03-13-2009, 12:43 PM
The problem right now is Mike Brown hasn't figured out his rotation with Wallace out and with Joe Smith. Anderson was the guy who came off the bench and guarded centers well. Joe Smith can't really do that as well as Andy could. The Cavs always seem to figure their defense out by the playoffs.

And, you are painting this with a broad brush.

The first Lakers game they got killed because of not having Z. Ben Wallace was on Bynum, and he couldn't stop him because he was about a foot shorter.

The second game against the Lakers they played poor weakisde defense and couldn't stop dribble penetration. It was not even close to the same as the first Lakers game. It was guys getting into the paint and passing it across the floor on the weakside. It was Pau getting doubled and passing to cutters. Deltone was out remember and that is who usually guards a guard like Fisher. The Cavs also had fundamental issues like boxing out

The Celtics killed us last week in a true battle of the paint

Last night was a ton of fast break and slop plays by the suns. It's not as if they were passing it down into their bigs and scoring all from there. Again, different- and as we have seen, that shit doesn't happen in the playoffs

but you guys have JJ hickson on your team so whjats the big deal?

tlongII
03-13-2009, 12:56 PM
I don't think it's a guarantee the Cavs beat either the Celtics or the Magic even if they have HCA.

I do. And I guarantee they will beat the Lakers if they have HCA as well.