PDA

View Full Version : Sean Eliott = Best NBA Broadcaster

imagevo
03-13-2009, 01:05 AM
Seriously for those of you who live in San Antonio and have heard Sean Eliott broadcast a game, it is a million times better than listening to the bullshit of the likes of Jeff Trashgundy and Bill Walton.. I was watching the game on Sunday and the ESPN announcers (Trashgundy was one of them) were the worst I have ever heard in my life. Oh and ESPN decides to devote all of half-time to interviewing Shaq which is probably less entertaining than interviewing a dead turtle.

Anyways enough bitching, Sean Eliott owns.

Andy25
03-13-2009, 01:16 AM
You think that is bad. I live in Houston right now and listening to Clyde talk on the local broadcasts makes me want to drive a knife in my hand. He is the most blatant homer announcer I've heard. Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ and Bill Land actually give praise to good plays on both sides and make notice to the breakdowns on defense by both teams. I prefer the local feed in San Antonio to anything else.

Andy25
03-13-2009, 01:16 AM
Ah fuck I spelled ELLIOTT wrong.

xtremesteven33
03-13-2009, 01:17 AM
:lmao

timvp
03-13-2009, 01:17 AM
:bang

Cant_Be_Faded
03-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Sean Elliott rules all. What the hell is up with the random luck the fakers bits?

imagevo
03-13-2009, 02:05 AM
You think that is bad. I live in Houston right now and listening to Clyde talk on the local broadcasts makes me want to drive a knife in my hand. He is the most blatant homer announcer I've heard. Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ and Bill Land actually give praise to good plays on both sides and make notice to the breakdowns on defense by both teams. I prefer the local feed in San Antonio to anything else.

Hahaha yeah I live in College Station and get the same Houston channels (at least I think they are). The broadcasters from the national channels suck and there isn't anything as good as hearing Sean Elliott say something hilarious like "I know its Sunday but the bank is open!"

BeeGee
03-13-2009, 02:57 AM
Sorry but you can't pimp Sean Elliott as the best NBA game-caller and then compare him to the ESPN bozos. The earwax off of my q-tip could call a game better than most of those clowns.

Personally, I lived in San Antonio for 4 years and Elliott is way too much of a homer to me. He's not half as homer as the Laker color commentator, Stu Lantz (dude is nauseating), but I've heard plenty of calls out there better and more objective than Elliott.

Louae
03-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Sorry but you can't pimp Sean Elliott as the best NBA game-caller and then compare him to the ESPN bozos. The earwax off of my q-tip could call a game better than most of those clowns.

Personally, I lived in San Antonio for 4 years and Elliott is way too much of a homer to me. He's not half as homer as the Laker color commentator, Stu Lantz (dude is nauseating), but I've heard plenty of calls out there better and more objective than Elliott.

Obviously, they're homers. But I like that they admit it.

Avitus1
03-13-2009, 09:48 AM
I watch most of my Spurs games on League Pass cause I live in Killeen. The majority of broadcasters from all over the NBA suck. I look forward to seeing the Spurs logo on the right hand on the screen cause I know I'll get to hear Sean Elliott who is an awesome broadcaster, and much better then any of the hacks on ESPN.

Extra Stout
03-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Sean Eeliioot is an OK announcer.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-13-2009, 10:04 AM
There are certainly more objective announcers out there, but none better IMO. Probably the funniest of the bunch at least and that counts for a lot with me.

VI_Massive
03-13-2009, 11:33 AM
I love me some Clyde Frazier. Keeps it hilarious with his rhyming style ("swishin' and dishin' in transition" "postin' and toastin'" etc.) but also focuses on the important parts of the game like defense, even though his team isn't particularly well known for their work in that aspect of the game. Also, he notices and calls out guys for fundamentals like traveling and lets you know when someone is screwing up, whether its a player, coach, or ref.

Having been a championship point guard he knows how good teams play, etc. I just love him.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-13-2009, 11:52 AM
I love me some Clyde Frazier. Keeps it hilarious with his rhyming style ("swishin' and dishin' in transition" "postin' and toastin'" etc.) but also focuses on the important parts of the game like defense, even though his team isn't particularly well known for their work in that aspect of the game. Also, he notices and calls out guys for fundamentals like traveling and lets you know when someone is screwing up, whether its a player, coach, or ref.

Having been a championship point guard he knows how good teams play, etc. I just love him.

I like Breen and Frazier on the Knicks coverage. They're both pretty good. They're easily the best announcers covering a bad team. There are a number of broadcasters for losing teams that either have to resort to really playing up how good the other team is or generally fill the dead air with useless drivel instead of being reduced to saying, "You know what, our team really sucks." Somehow they make watching the Knicks tolerable.

RedsLakers24
03-13-2009, 11:58 AM
i wish Van Gundy did Laker Games

EJK5032
03-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Doug Collins is the freaking worst..........the guy never shuts up!!! and he's totally in the tank for Kobe.

MoSpur
03-13-2009, 12:54 PM
He sure is the funniest. I like that.

MoSpur
03-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Doug Collins is horrible. I like Mike Terico.

200 miles
03-13-2009, 01:03 PM

Tirico?

The man who could not shut up about the KOBE VS. LEBRON-billed Lakers vs. Cavs during the Spurs-Celtics game which preceded it?

Morg1411
03-13-2009, 01:06 PM
I like Breen. Gundy is fucking annoying, though I do like it when he and Jackson start going off and lose track of what they were arguing about in the first place. They remind me of Statler and Waldorf when they do that.

NFGIII
03-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Tirico?

The man who could not shut up about the KOBE VS. LEBRON-billed Lakers vs. Cavs during the Spurs-Celtics game which preceded it?

I agree but think about that for a moment. It seems that most every announcer was all over that game. The fact that the Spurs-Celltics game was a thriller wasn't a factor. All we get most of the season is Kobe this or LeBron that. It's all about ratings and the ad monsy that comes from that. Many years ago I resigned myself to the fact that these announcers are going to give top billing to the large cities or the big "names" that the networks feel will promote the NBA, which would of course allow them to charge as much money as they could for the ad time.

I think it has been said many times that if the Spurs were the Knicks then TD, TP and Manu would be gods in NY and everyone around the nation would know them as great players and fun to watch, not the boring team it has been labeled. NY in all it illustrious time in the NBA has only 2 rings and little ol' boring SA has 4.

Anyway I think Sean is good but not great otherwise he would have stuck with TNT. Mike Breen is a very good one but I think Reggie is on his way out. Just doesn't seem to have what it takes to stick over the long haul.

EJK5032
03-13-2009, 01:57 PM

Tirico is even worse than Collins. Who the hell does Tirico think he is? He acts like he's a know-it-all on every sport he covers. These guys don't enhance the game broadcasts, they try to dominate it. It's effen annoying. Nobody is tuning in to listen to them speak, they are trying to watch the game.

poop
03-13-2009, 03:14 PM
yes Elliott is the best. but i also like JVG and bill walton. the one whoe SUCKS is reggie miller

DarrinS
03-13-2009, 03:22 PM
When you misspell Sean Elliott, it used to display something like:

Dirks_Your_Daddy_Dirks_Your_Daddy_Dirks_Your_Daddy _Dirks_Your_Daddy_Dirks_Your_Daddy_Dirks_Your_Dadd y_

I like the new version:

Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

jag
03-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Sean is too much of a SA homer to be the best NBA broadcaster.

I love the guy, but i'm just being honest here.

200 miles
03-13-2009, 04:45 PM
I agree but think about that for a moment. It seems that most every announcer was all over that game. The fact that the Spurs-Celltics game was a thriller wasn't a factor. All we get most of the season is Kobe this or LeBron that. It's all about ratings and the ad monsy that comes from that. Many years ago I resigned myself to the fact that these announcers are going to give top billing to the large cities or the big "names" that the networks feel will promote the NBA, which would of course allow them to charge as much money as they could for the ad time.

I think it has been said many times that if the Spurs were the Knicks then TD, TP and Manu would be gods in NY and everyone around the nation would know them as great players and fun to watch, not the boring team it has been labeled. NY in all it illustrious time in the NBA has only 2 rings and little ol' boring SA has 4.

Anyway I think Sean is good but not great otherwise he would have stuck with TNT. Mike Breen is a very good one but I think Reggie is on his way out. Just doesn't seem to have what it takes to stick over the long haul.

You do have a point there. I mean he is only doing what he's told to do, which is presenting the best interests of that Mickey Mouse corporation.