PDA

View Full Version : (Uh-Oh) Some Slight Ginobili News

alchemist
03-13-2009, 02:30 AM
For the Spurs, this is a team that needs Manu Ginobili (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=272) healthy and back on the floor. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich told me before the game that Thursday was the first day of Ginobili taking shots on the move during practice. However, he said Ginobili developed some soreness that they didn't expect, so that might delay his re-entry into the game rotation. - Dr. Jack Ramsay

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090313

not looking good. :pctoss

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-13-2009, 02:32 AM
not looking good. :pctoss

Let's just hope Pop is LYING :bang

and this is all just some secret plan to get Manu extra fit, and to make up for the pre-season workouts that he missed.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-13-2009, 02:33 AM
fuck...

completely deck
03-13-2009, 02:34 AM
:depressed

NewJerSpur
03-13-2009, 02:34 AM
They said the same thing during the game. As long as he's good to go during the playoffs (ideally right before the playoffs to shake off any rust) that's all any of us can ask from him and his extremities.

Bruno
03-13-2009, 02:36 AM
Damn it sucks. :depressed

timvp
03-13-2009, 02:44 AM
Damn. I'm starting to wonder if the Spurs' "official" diagnosis was legit or if it was just a CIA cover up of their deadline dealings. The Spurs said 2-to-3 weeks and it's been more than three weeks now and Manu doesn't sound too close.

With Duncan at about 75% and Manu struggling to return, the Spurs are going to have to get damn lucky with their health in the playoffs.

:shootme

siraulo23
03-13-2009, 02:49 AM
one word "FUCK"

:bang

raspsa
03-13-2009, 02:50 AM
If he's been resting his leg for 3 weeks, wouldn't you expect it to be a bit sore after a workout?

Libri
03-13-2009, 02:53 AM
I hope it's only a slight setback, if not :(

siraulo23
03-13-2009, 02:54 AM
Wait, isnt he getting another MRI, lets hope they dont see "bad things"

lets hope that its part of his recovery, that is some soreness

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-13-2009, 02:54 AM
:pctoss This is a nightmare. I'm already going into denial that this is just some ploy by CIA Pop, and that since we won a string of three games, and with the acquisition of Gooden, Pop's procrastinating on Manu's return even more....

how can Manu's leg get any worse from doing pretty much nothing for three weeks!! :madrun

raspsa
03-13-2009, 03:00 AM
:pctoss This is a nightmare. I'm already going into denial that this is just some ploy by CIA Pop, and that since we won a string of three games, and with the acquisition of Gooden, Pop's procrastinating on Manu's return even more....

how can Manu's leg get any worse from doing pretty much nothing for three weeks!! :madrun

Exactly w/c is why I'm not overly concerned about the soreness.. its something I'd expect after a long alayoff.. anyway, let's wait for the next MRI results.

timvp
03-13-2009, 03:02 AM
If he's been resting his leg for 3 weeks, wouldn't you expect it to be a bit sore after a workout?I'm going to guess they didn't expect unexpected soreness . . . .

Whisky Dog
03-13-2009, 03:26 AM
What is unexpected soreness? Any soreness after that long period of relative inactivity should be expected, but if unexpected soreness is Spurs talk for pain, then:bang

Behrooz24
03-13-2009, 03:35 AM
What is unexpected soreness? Any soreness after that long period of relative inactivity should be expected, but if unexpected soreness is Spurs talk for pain, then:bang

Maybe for muscle, but not bone which i would think is the case here.

Whisky Dog
03-13-2009, 03:39 AM

You don't get soreness in your bones, any soreness is a result of muscle fatigue. Pain on the other hand can be a result of a bone problem. It all depends on if they mean just soreness or pain.

WalterBenitez
03-13-2009, 04:17 AM
A new sore??? WTF that bench's chair sucks??? come on ... be more specific.

gilmor
03-13-2009, 04:25 AM
Could be the case that Manu may not return at all this year..

Prob that is the actual FACT..

raspsa
03-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Let's just wait for the MRI and doc's verdit guys..

03-13-2009, 05:05 AM
less ginobili means more udoka.:nope

Ice009
03-13-2009, 06:28 AM
Could this be the reason why the team started slow tonight? Maybe the Spurs players heard about this and were feeling down a little bit?

I hope Manu is OK and able to come back fully healthy very soon.

m33p0
03-13-2009, 06:48 AM
GADDAMMIT!
:bang:bang:bang
:ihit:ihit:ihit

new_N_town
03-13-2009, 07:14 AM
some spur fans u all are. im sticking with my boys till the wheels fall off.

bdictjames
03-13-2009, 07:20 AM
I hope he's in for at least the next 10 games.

xtremesteven33
03-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Hell play in the playoffs regardless how he feels. We all know that.

I just hope he will be playing at 95% at least.

Hemotivo
03-13-2009, 09:14 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/10zr4li.jpg

Illusionarist
03-13-2009, 09:15 AM
our doctora simply suck. Just fix the damned ankles.

bonesinaz
03-13-2009, 09:29 AM
It's still about 6 weeks until the playoffs, Manu will play.

EricB
03-13-2009, 09:36 AM
It's beginning to look like a lost season

Dex
03-13-2009, 09:40 AM
:smchode:

Cant_Be_Faded
03-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Is anyone surprised? I mean, really. It's ginobili we're talking about.

Avitus1
03-13-2009, 09:42 AM
fucking olympics

superbigtime
03-13-2009, 09:42 AM
our doctora simply suck. Just fix the damned ankles.

You're a fucking moron. The Spurs have better physicians and trainers than just about anyone. Shut the fuck up.

Spursmania
03-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Damn Damn Damn....:depressed

urunobili
03-13-2009, 10:11 AM
:cliffjumper

TMTTRIO
03-13-2009, 10:13 AM
It's sounding more and more like that season ending prediction that was originally going around is true :(.

stxspurs
03-13-2009, 10:16 AM
has it come to the point where we think about not renewing manus contract? if he is gonna keep gettin hurt and the way it looks his ankles r not getting any better...do u think the spurs might not offer him a good contract and if he doesnt like it...let him walk?

Extra Stout
03-13-2009, 10:18 AM
has it come to the point where we think about not renewing manus contract? if he is gonna keep gettin hurt and the way it looks his ankles r not getting any better...do u think the spurs might not offer him a good contract and if he doesnt like it...let him walk?
I believe the original reason the Spurs had the "2010 plan" was to have flexibility to replace Manu if he started breaking down.

superbigtime
03-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Re-sign Manu early on the cheaper side or let him go play Euroball. Good thing we didn't trade for Vince.

ploto
03-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Damn. I'm starting to wonder if the Spurs' "official" diagnosis was legit or if it was just a CIA cover up of their deadline dealings. The Spurs said 2-to-3 weeks and it's been more than three weeks now and Manu doesn't sound too close.

When the Spurs made such a big hoopla out of it, it started to look like a dog and pony show.

stxspurs
03-13-2009, 10:23 AM
hopefully manu sees that also.

G-Nob
03-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Everyone needs to calm the fcuk down. We're over a month away. It'll be okay.

*Believer of SPAM

hater
03-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Everyone needs to calm the fcuk down. We're over a month away. It'll be okay.

*Believer of SPAM

:tu

ppl around here need to chill. Manu will be fine.

VI_Massive
03-13-2009, 10:42 AM
I just hope he's healthy enough to play when it matters -- for Argentina in the summer.

Flux451
03-13-2009, 10:48 AM
I am not worried. Spurs have a good chance at developing a good chemistry right now with out him. They definitely would need him to guarentee a ring, but it is still possible without him.

Bruno
03-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Ginobili was doing some cardio on a stepper yesterday.
The soreness he had in his ankle after the shooting session on Wednesday was obviously not the kind of setback that put him back in full rest mode.

sa_butta
03-13-2009, 10:53 AM
I would rather rest him now than risk further injury for the playoffs. Let him rest all he needs.

amy020
03-13-2009, 11:10 AM
I hope there is nothing that serious. We still have time. Get well soon Manu.

Extra Stout
03-13-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't think Ginobili or Duncan are even injured. I think Pop is just pulling the "playing possum" card. I also think that Pop knows that Ian Mahmini behind closed doors plays like a young Hakeem Olajuwon, and Pops Mensah-Bonsu is the second coming of Nate Thurmond. Also, Matt Bonner is secretly the best interior defender in the world and is only pretending not to be. Bruce Bowen actually is every bit the defender he always was and has now developed a laser-accurate jump shot to boot. The Spurs are unbeatable. Pop is just hiding all of this to surprise everyone, and also so they can't scout it.

The Spurs could have beaten the Lakers 170-55 yesterday, but Pop knows the powers that be in New York are conspiring against them, so he pretended that they can't rebound or defend against LA.

Really, Pop is the most brilliant human being in the world. I often just shout out in amazement at how he is able to pull this off so effortlessly. Co-workers think there is something wrong with me when I start spontaneously giggling. The Lakers, Stern, and the media will never see it coming.

crc21209
03-13-2009, 12:20 PM
The 1st thing I thought when I read that what...Well duh of course he is going to have soreness! He hadnt done shit for weeks! So I'm not really that worried, and like someone else here said...Pop and the docs wouldnt have allowed him to shoot around and move and run if he was seriously hurting. We have 1 month till Playoffs, we will be fine.

Korny Earl
03-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Theres nothing wrong with him. Pop is just acting like a drama queen whenever manus shoes come un tied. Im glad they havent played gooden & manu for a while. They obviously dont NEED them yet. Spurs are the shit, always have been Just when you think you should walk out of the bar when they're down 17 pts you should just say fuck it, order another beer and watch. thats what happend to me last night & omg i almost ripped off my timmy jersey when they cut it to two out of guilt because I doubted them. Even though ive seen that more times than not. Spurs in 09' FTL

iilluzioN
03-13-2009, 12:45 PM
I say sit Manu out untill the playoffs start, we can have him come off the bench... we dont need to rush manu back....

Also let timmy rest a a week before the playoffs start aswell...

Limit TPs min, give more playing time for hill, and malik.

Kurt and Gooden should be ok.

plz plz pop! do as I say!

PM5K
03-13-2009, 01:16 PM
I guess the real question is, will Manu play regardless once the Playoffs start?

A lot of us didn't even know he was injured because he had just put together a great string of games before we found out he was...

lefty
03-13-2009, 01:18 PM
hell play in the playoffs regardless how he feels. We all know that.

I just hope he will be playing at 95% at least.

+245 412, 95

Duncan2177
03-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Manu will be fine the playoffs are a month away. :lobt:

Man In Black
03-13-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm just wondering how many peeps around here have at the very least certification to be able to properly evaluate injuries. Let me see as I read these posts...NOT ONE OF YOU.

I was once a certified trainer so I'll a hazard a guess. I say that the guy is activated in April. That soreness he felt is actually to be expected, the osteoblasts (the thing that make the bones harden) works best on a person who is in great condition physically. Manu ain't elderly yet, so his should be working fine. Now the trick is to let him acclimate to the forces he puts his body through. Again, just guessing here but I think his main issue is that he is out of balance and overcompensates, which puts his extremities to the test. Having said that, the team(at least in their press statements) are handling it very well. This isn't a case like Bynum where LAL brass told the world last season that Bynum would be back in 4 weeks only to never return that season.
GINOBILI WILL BE BACK...BOOK IT. 2005 Manu? Probably not but anything close instantly makes the Spurs that much more dangerous. As Tony Parker says, "We're going to be a beast!"

timvp
03-13-2009, 01:57 PM
However, he said Ginobili developed some soreness that they didn't expect

That soreness he felt is actually to be expected

Sounds like MiB needs to work for the Spurs.

:smokin

urunobili
03-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Sounds like MiB needs to work for the Spurs.

:smokin

Manu will be OK... we are not going down... not for the next 4, 5 years at least... it ain't gonna happen :nope

IronMexican
03-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Sucks for you guys.

InK
03-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Can't we get a break this season ffs.

GSH
03-13-2009, 02:18 PM

Short of doing another MRI, the doc will have gotten Manu to go through a series of movements, as well as applying direct pressure, to determine exactly when and where he is hurting. When they make a statement like that, they aren't talking about "normal" soreness from inactivity. (I'm also sure that he has not been totally inactive, by any means.) They are talking about pain directly linked to that area of his distal fibula.

I think the biggest concern for his return lies in exactly where the stress reaction is. It sounded like it was a few inches up from the ankle, but they never actually said so. I've said from the beginning, if it involves the mortise of the ankle, he is very likely done for the season. If it really is substantially above the ankle, I figured late March would still be the best to hope for.

I'm pleased that he is open about soreness, rather than trying to rush back and "play through" the pain. It's the best shot at having him healthy for a full playoff run. But even more than that, his long-term health, and future in basketball is more important than all the rest.

porscha
03-13-2009, 02:20 PM
hum...I'm worry
Seems like everybody here has lay their hope on manu, but if there's anything happens...(knock on wood)
Will everybody blame everything on manu too?
It puts extreme pressure on manu both mentally and physically...
I'm afraid that manu will rush back from that injury ....
I don't like that:depressed

Oh, Gee!!
03-13-2009, 02:21 PM
damn,11.500 post of pure bullcrap. that will go to the guiness for sure.

he was being sarcastic. he is full of crap however, so you're somewhat correct.

Oh, Gee!!
03-13-2009, 02:22 PM

yes

kace
03-13-2009, 02:32 PM
hum...I'm worry
Seems like everybody here has lay their hope on manu, but if there's anything happens...(knock on wood)
It puts extreme pressure on manu both mentally and physically...
I'm afraid that manu will rush back from that injury ....
I don't like that:depressed

too much pressure on manu ?

everyone is treating him like a child for 2 or 3 years, now, like he's made of glass.

he better rush back his ass because Tim is playing hampered and Tony is carrying us while Manu has basically rested all year after killing us the last PO.

Manu is great, but he can't fuck us two consecutive years and still be pitied.

Yes, Manu is the biggest answer to our problem. but is it because he's our savior ? not.

it's because we need our big three to have any chance, and as usual we'll probably can trust Tim and Tony to give us what they usually give.

For Manu, it probably will be a lot of "play him less minutes", "is he hampered" "he doesn't have his usual explosiveness" etc etc......

Hell, i want the real manu back with Tim and Tony. i just can't stand the uncessant questions about his health and level anymore.

Joe Schmoogins
03-13-2009, 02:34 PM
It's just soreness... calm down. Good grief.

Spurs Brazil
03-13-2009, 02:34 PM
I just hope Manu can play 7-10 games before the playoffs to get some rhythm and then pray he and TD can hold the whole post season

EricB
03-13-2009, 02:39 PM
I'd say for the people freaking out, re read Bruno's post...

manu_maniac
03-13-2009, 02:53 PM
I just hope he's healthy enough to play when it matters -- for Argentina in the summer.

This.

:rolleyes

But really, some slight "unexpected" ankle soreness isn't much to worry about. Manu will be ready when we need him.

Oh, Gee!!
03-13-2009, 02:57 PM
But really, some slight "unexpected" ankle soreness isn't much to worry about.

really, doctor?

Manu will be ready when we need him.

or not.

mVp
03-13-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm just wondering how many peeps around here have at the very least certification to be able to properly evaluate injuries. Let me see as I read these posts...NOT ONE OF YOU.

I was once a certified trainer so I'll a hazard a guess. I say that the guy is activated in April. That soreness he felt is actually to be expected, the osteoblasts (the thing that make the bones harden) works best on a person who is in great condition physically. Manu ain't elderly yet, so his should be working fine. Now the trick is to let him acclimate to the forces he puts his body through. Again, just guessing here but I think his main issue is that he is out of balance and overcompensates, which puts his extremities to the test. Having said that, the team(at least in their press statements) are handling it very well. This isn't a case like Bynum where LAL brass told the world last season that Bynum would be back in 4 weeks only to never return that season.
GINOBILI WILL BE BACK...BOOK IT. 2005 Manu? Probably not but anything close instantly makes the Spurs that much more dangerous. As Tony Parker says, "We're going to be a beast!"

Good post... I feel better now.

Spursmania
03-13-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't know-for what it's worth for you worry warts. (I include myself in that category). My spouse is a physician--an orthopedic radiologist. Of course, I'm always asking Spur injury related questions. I was told a stress reaction is 100% recoverable. It's better than tearing a ligament which will never be 100% the way it used to be. The time back for Manu just depends on the severity of his stress reaction. But since an MRI and not an X-ray detected it, it wasn't a level 3 or 4. More like a 1 or 2. An x-ray would have caught a severe stress reaction like a 3 or 4.

That said, MANU will be back for sure before the playoffs. This injury is 100% recoverable!!! So, just let Pop be conservative right now. Truthfully, we worry more about Tim's injury. HE will not be 100% because he has not time to do any serious healing.:flag:

Mugshot
03-13-2009, 04:10 PM

It also has to do with the business side of ticket management.

I had a feeling that the Manu situation would linger. This information comes only days after the fact that season ticket holders had to pay for next seasons' tickets to nail down the price freeze. Ticket management did the wrong thing by semi-threatening STH last season that they may "lose" their seats if they didn't adhere to their requests. A lot of long time seat holders didn't come back for that reason alone. Most felt that it was a slap in the face. For that and now the economy....they had to announce the price freeze due to poor attendance. It was a great big cluster-fuck and now a lot of heads are starting to roll because of it.

The higher-ups have been told that when it comes to bad news about players.....it stays quiet until told otherwise.

leo_d
03-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Interesting aproach Mugshot.

xtremesteven33
03-13-2009, 04:35 PM
It also has to do with the business side of ticket management.

I had a feeling that the Manu situation would linger. This information comes only days after the fact that season ticket holders had to pay for next seasons' tickets to nail down the price freeze. Ticket management did the wrong thing by semi-threatening STH last season that they may "lose" their seats if they didn't adhere to their requests. A lot of long time seat holders didn't come back for that reason alone. Most felt that it was a slap in the face. For that and now the economy....they had to announce the price freeze due to poor attendance. It was a great big cluster-fuck and now a lot of heads are starting to roll because of it.

The higher-ups have been told that when it comes to bad news about players.....it stays quiet until told otherwise.

:clap

WalterBenitez
03-13-2009, 05:12 PM
I don't know-for what it's worth for you worry warts. (I include myself in that category). My spouse is a physician--an orthopedic radiologist. Of course, I'm always asking Spur injury related questions. I was told a stress reaction is 100% recoverable. It's better than tearing a ligament which will never be 100% the way it used to be. The time back for Manu just depends on the severity of his stress reaction. But since an MRI and not an X-ray detected it, it wasn't a level 3 or 4. More like a 1 or 2. An x-ray would have caught a severe stress reaction like a 3 or 4.

That said, MANU will be back for sure before the playoffs. This injury is 100% recoverable!!! So, just let Pop be conservative right now. Truthfully, we worry more about Tim's injury. HE will not be 100% because he has not time to do any serious healing.:flag:

You wife should be recruited for SAS, our docs sucks

crc21209
03-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Manu will be fine, I feel it. I just feel that based off of what happened in last years playoffs with Manu hurting big time, Pop is going to be super super cautious with him this year.

spurspokesman
03-13-2009, 05:55 PM
some spur fans u all are. im sticking with my boys till the wheels fall off.
Thats some funny shite in ya sig. :rollin

roycrikside
03-13-2009, 06:09 PM
too much pressure on manu ?

everyone is treating him like a child for 2 or 3 years, now, like he's made of glass.

he better rush back his ass because Tim is playing hampered and Tony is carrying us while Manu has basically rested all year after killing us the last PO.

Manu is great, but he can't fuck us two consecutive years and still be pitied.

Yes, Manu is the biggest answer to our problem. but is it because he's our savior ? not.

it's because we need our big three to have any chance, and as usual we'll probably can trust Tim and Tony to give us what they usually give.

For Manu, it probably will be a lot of "play him less minutes", "is he hampered" "he doesn't have his usual explosiveness" etc etc......

Hell, i want the real manu back with Tim and Tony. i just can't stand the uncessant questions about his health and level anymore.<<

How did he fuck us? By playing as well as he could on one leg? Some people here act like he wants to be hurt on purpose. Unbelievable. All anyone ever remembers is what happens last. I guess nobody remembers that he played very well against the Hornets and led the team in scoring and assists. Without him they wouldn't even have gotten to play LA.

Also, he had to kill himself and play out of his mind for over half the year just to get the Spurs to win games. Tony was either injured or playing while injured, and he wasn't himself for a long stretch. Manu had to be the number one option on a lot of nights and it took its toll.

temujin
03-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Ginobili was diagnosed a fibula stress reaction.
2-3 weeks the prognosis.

I did a little search.

I found no medical entity related to a stress reaction.

Rather, I found a lot about a reaction to a fibula stress fracture.

3-6 weeks the prognosis.

The original diagnosis was done on Feb 14-16th.

4 weeks have passed.

So, what was the more REALISTIC diagnosis?

My bet.
Two more weeks.

temujin
03-13-2009, 06:21 PM

Ice009
03-13-2009, 07:39 PM
<<

How did he fuck us? By playing as well as he could on one leg? Some people here act like he wants to be hurt on purpose. Unbelievable. All anyone ever remembers is what happens last. I guess nobody remembers that he played very well against the Hornets and led the team in scoring and assists. Without him they wouldn't even have gotten to play LA.

Also, he had to kill himself and play out of his mind for over half the year just to get the Spurs to win games. Tony was either injured or playing while injured, and he wasn't himself for a long stretch. Manu had to be the number one option on a lot of nights and it took its toll.

Yep. No one remembers anything last season. Plus Manu finished top 10 in MVP voting.

raspsa
03-13-2009, 08:18 PM
I'd keep him out til a week before playoff start just to be extra safe. Spurs get only one more shot with manu this season and they should make it count.. let the leg rest as long as possible. Manu can probably shake off the rust reatively quickly buta recurrence of the injury would be a disaster.

ducks
03-13-2009, 08:51 PM

With Duncan at about 75% and Manu struggling to return, the Spurs are going to have to get damn lucky with their health in the playoffs.

:shootme

especially if pop keeps saying they have to have manu :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

ducks
03-13-2009, 09:03 PM
says who?

the heat beat dallas in the finals
on paper dallas was better

ducks
03-13-2009, 09:04 PM
spurs can beat anyone in the west without manu
lakers would be the biggest challenge though
tp.mike or mason and duncan all have to have 4 good quarters
all can do that in one game 4 times in a series:lobt2:

roycrikside
03-13-2009, 09:38 PM

If the Spurs had everyone 100% healthy but no Tony, would you say the same thing?

ducks
03-13-2009, 09:54 PM
the heats had Wade,we have Finley and mason on our wings. No disrespect to Findog and Money Mason but, it is what it is.
Manu is a diference maker,our other wings arent.

no shit
spurs have duncan instead of wade

ducks
03-13-2009, 09:59 PM
If the Spurs had everyone 100% healthy but no Tony, would you say the same thing?

spurs have mason and mike that can fill manu's role
and gooden to bring that energy

spurs have a rookie hill
hill proved himself in regular season without tp
not sure what he would be starting point guard in playoffs

not sure I would want mason starting point guard in playoffs
backup maybe

and manu is not a starter for point guard
backup point ok not starter

Typhoon
03-13-2009, 10:11 PM

Idiot... Spurs can't do shit in the playoffs with a weak bench, Manu is so special because not only he's the Spurs 6th man, he makes those hobos coming off the bench better.

Manu is the key... if he doesn't come back soon Spurs are going to be fucked.

ducks
03-13-2009, 10:15 PM
and everyone said tamba rays would not go to boston and beat them either

it's me
03-13-2009, 10:24 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3265/2319148754_ea043eac95.jpg?v=0

ducks
03-13-2009, 11:19 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3265/2319148754_ea043eac95.jpg?v=0

did you bet on the redsox or rays in boston:ihit

Man In Black
03-13-2009, 11:29 PM

2 questions for Ducks.

Are you crazy from long-term Yuma, Arizona heat?

And

Have you ever played ORGANIZED basketball at any level higher than grade-school?

With Ginobili, they don't have to have 4 good quarters every time. He is THE ONLY player that the Spurs have, REPEAT, the only player they have who doesn't need any setup to create scoring opps. That is why it is mostly him, not Tim, not Tony, not Roger, not Mike that has the ball is in his hands with seconds to go. In short, he is the closest thing the Spurs have to a Kobe or DWade. In fact, it's not a stretch to say that he's probably, when on his game and healthy, the 3rd best SG in the league.

If Tim & Tony play their NORMAL type output games, and we can get a combined 30 points from Mason, Bonner, & Finley, then all the Spurs need is for Manu to be hot for that epic 4th quarter. If that all happens, then the Lakers can be beat, Bynum or no Bynum.

Not having a quality SG to break down the Lakers will make the series eerily reminiscent of 2002 when Tony & Tim played pretty well but went down swinging 4-1 to the Lakers. Steve Smith and any other SG after Mario Elie or before Manu didn't have X aka The Juice that makes X-Factors that important.

RECOGNIZE!!!

Manufan909
03-14-2009, 01:45 AM

Woot!!! I made a sig!!!:downspin:

And back on topic, Gooden better fucking rape tonight, so I forget how Manu hasn't played for weeks.:depressed

milkyway21
03-14-2009, 05:12 AM
Manu: "Don't believe everthing you read in the news".

I hope

kace
03-14-2009, 12:47 PM
<<

Yep. No one remembers anything last season. Plus Manu finished top 10 in MVP voting.

Stop being groupies !! Everyone with half a brain knows what manu has done for us and what player he is. The fact is that his health issues are becoming annoying and i definitely knows that it's not his fault.

but i'm a spurs fan and i don't want to see this team lose many times in the PO because the poor manu was hurt. he better gets back and be good, we need him.

it's not just what Pop sais. It is what it is, we have to have Manu to be contenders,without him I doubt we can get out of the 1st round of the POs.

we don't have many chances to win without manu, tony and tim at a good level. that's right. but the fact that manu is as usual the biggest concern is becoming tiresome.

maybe we can beat anyone without manu in a good day. but we all know we're better with him. so what are you trying to proove ?

Spursmania
03-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Manu traveled with the team to Houston and Oklahoma which means he's getting much much better. Manu will be 100% back Book it!

roycrikside
03-14-2009, 02:45 PM
spurs have mason and mike that can fill manu's role
and gooden to bring that energy

spurs have a rookie hill
hill proved himself in regular season without tp
not sure what he would be starting point guard in playoffs

not sure I would want mason starting point guard in playoffs
backup maybe

and manu is not a starter for point guard
backup point ok not starter

So based on the three minutes you've seen Gooden in a Spurs jersey, you think he's qualified to bring what Manu brings. Wow. That's a new low, even for you.

But then again, you think Boris Diaw is better than Manu, so maybe not.

I guess it doesn't matter to you that the last three times we've beaten the Lakers (in January this year, Game 3 last year's playoffs, and January last year) that Manu was the MVP of each of those games.

Even when he shot 3-of-16 in a game against LA, he was the best player because he completely took over the game with his energy, he had eight steals and he inspired everyone else in the building.

You're never gonna get it, Ducks. It's not all about points. Manu is like the team's MacGyver. He is the problem solver. Whatever the team needs, whether it's scoring, a big rebound, a steal, a pass, hustle, energy to wake them up, he gives them. In soccer you'd call him a "talisman." He's the team's talisman. He makes everyone else fit together and play.

If you think Gooden can replace him with a couple of rebounds or that Finley can because he made a few threes, you don't understand basketball and you never will.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-14-2009, 03:20 PM
It's not all about points. Manu is like the team's MacGyver. He is the problem solver. Whatever the team needs, whether it's scoring, a big rebound, a steal, a pass, hustle, energy to wake them up, he gives them.

:lol MacGuyver, that's a new one I've heard to describe Manu. If that's the case, I hope he can fix his ankle, AND win us the championship this year with a three pointer, two paper clips, chewing gum, a condom, and a matchbox.

silverblackfan
03-14-2009, 03:27 PM
I actually like the MacGyver reference. Manu is one of the few players that when he enters the game, I think the Spurs get an immediate advantage. He's great, but his energy, passion and the other intangibles are what make him key to the Spurs.

Thomas82
03-14-2009, 03:33 PM
My best guess is that he'll be back against the Celtics.

Hemotivo
03-14-2009, 03:33 PM
I actually like the MacGyver reference. Manu is one of the few players that when he enters the game, I think the Spurs get an immediate advantage. He's great, but his energy, passion and the other intangibles are what make him key to the Spurs.