PDA

View Full Version : Pop A master of deception and strategy.

spurspokesman
03-13-2009, 09:32 AM
This guy is A hell of A coach. He knows we are just about A lock for the playoffs, knows ginobilli isn't hurt( Just resting) all while injecting life into the second unit and keeping the media and sports world in state of mass anxiety. Any one who thinks manu is hurting is fooling themself and I will be A man and eat my words if i'm wrong, but i'm not convinced. I sense no panic and pop knows we wont catch the lakers for the 1 seed and we are well capable of holding on to the 2nd or 3rd at worst without him. This being said I say he sits the 20 man for another week or so and play him the last 13-14 games( an eternity for ginobilli to get into game shape and enough time for gooden to get a feel for him and the system , contribute and not disrupt the flow)while getting the role players confidence up. And as much as udoka is slaughtered i'll hold off on throwing in the towel. He was instrumental in the PO's last year (when it counted) and stikes me as A guy who will show up when least expected and make you forget his horrible season in one series.(Some people cant play worth A damn till its all on the line. Weird but true.)He's shown it to us before. All in all i'm happy with where were at and believe we will do great things. I'm with the boys sink or swim. These spurs are warriors and play theyre best when it counts.( reverse goodens number and what do you got. Just B.S ing:ihit)

raspsa
03-13-2009, 10:51 AM
I trust in Pop to have the Spurs as competitive as they can be come the playoffs, injuries or no injuries. He's giving the supporting cast lots of playing time, relatively speaking, when fans would expect him to give more minutes to more productive players. At the same time, the starters get to stay fresh. I think Pop is just keeping everybody in the mix, sending the message that everyone has a role to play and that each Spur must be ready when called upon. If it costs games and possibly a lower seeding, these don't really concern Pop that much. Its more important that players be as healthy as they can be and are on the same page psychologically. Its going to take a real concerted effort if the Spus are to succeeed this season and the supporting players are goiing to be a bigger part than in any of the previous championship years. The competitionis simply that much tougher nowadays. Just trust in Pop. he has a plan. And a backup plan. And a backup to the backup. If anyone can get the job done, its gonna be him.

spurspokesman
03-13-2009, 12:40 PM
I trust in Pop to have the Spurs as competitive as they can be come the playoffs, injuries or no injuries. He's giving the supporting cast lots of playing time, relatively speaking, when fans would expect him to give more minutes to more productive players. At the same time, the starters get to stay fresh. I think Pop is just keeping everybody in the mix, sending the message that everyone has a role to play and that each Spur must be ready when called upon. If it costs games and possibly a lower seeding, these don't really concern Pop that much. Its more important that players be as healthy as they can be and are on the same page psychologically. Its going to take a real concerted effort if the Spus are to succeeed this season and the supporting players are goiing to be a bigger part than in any of the previous championship years. The competitionis simply that much tougher nowadays. Just trust in Pop. he has a plan. And a backup plan. And a backup to the backup. If anyone can get the job done, its gonna be him.
Exactly. The rest is to the birds in pops eyes. We have A better chance than most think we do. Exactly where we wanna be.

completely deck
03-13-2009, 12:48 PM
I really hope Pop is as deep and insightful as this.

:pop:

xtremesteven33
03-13-2009, 12:50 PM
1st stage: Shock

2nd stage: Denial

3rd stage: Acceptance

right now we might be in stage 2...

completely deck
03-13-2009, 12:53 PM
what are we denying

lefty
03-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Look, I know Pop went CIA hardcore vs the Lakers, but thinking Manu is healthy and that he's not playing him on purpose is really stupid.

Consider all the money they give him

crc21209
03-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Look, I know Pop went CIA hardcore vs the Lakers, but thinking Manu is healthy and that he's not playing him on purpose is really stupid.

Consider all the money they give him

Agreed. :toast Although I do think Pop is just being very very cautious with not only Manu but all of his players based on what happened last year. He knows with a healthy Manu last yr we couldve won it all, and he's not going to risk that again this year.

spurspokesman
03-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Agreed. :toast Although I do think Pop is just being very very cautious with not only Manu but all of his players based on what happened last year. He knows with a healthy Manu last yr we couldve won it all, and he's not going to risk that again this year.
I forgot to put in my original post that if we were in danger of missing the playoffs we wouldnt be taliking about him because he'd be on the floor. He is more ready than anyone thinks. That's my gut and not my knowing but post asb doesn't indicate an injury of such proportion. I'm not buying it. We don't have much to lose without him given the remaining schedule so let him rest and laugh at the ones thinking he wont be ready. I'm interested to see it all unfold when he comes out like A stallion and everyone that said he was badly hurt changes theyre tune. LMAO

jag
03-13-2009, 01:30 PM
1st stage: Shock

2nd stage: Denial

3rd stage: Acceptance

right now we might be in stage 2...

:lmao

beachwood
03-13-2009, 01:58 PM
I hope he's playing Udoka because he wants the other teams to think we suck, and not because he thinks he can really contribute.

Oh, Gee!!
03-13-2009, 02:06 PM
so.......Pop is rope-a-doping the Lakers? the media? the fans?

kace
03-13-2009, 02:06 PM
this CIA Pop thing is a little bit overrated IMO. Yes, Pop likes to play with the rotations in the RS but to think he can hide anything about us to the rest of the league, especially to the Lakers is a joke.

Our offensive and defensive plays are the same for 6 years with basically the same main players: the big 3 + Bruce.

Everyone knows us and we won't win any game thanks to a supposed surprise effect.

1Parker1
03-13-2009, 02:25 PM
:lol Yea, Pop purposefully told the Spurs to spot the Lakers like 30 points in the first quarter. And he purposefully made the Spurs lose their last 6 out of 8 matchups against the Lakers.

They are just a bad matchup for the Spurs. Period. Actually, I think they are the worst matchup for the Spurs...even more so than the 2006 Mavs. At least with that team, the Spurs could somewhat go small maybe and kept it close. The Lakers have like 5 Dirk's on their team.

WalterBenitez
03-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Pop must be fired!