PDA

View Full Version : When playing against LA's bigs...

poop
03-13-2009, 03:12 PM
ok serious question.
when playing LA's tall, athletic frontline, especially when we already knew we had rebounding and interior defense problems, which of these two players would you rather have on the floor when 1. you desperately need to compete for rebounds especially not giving up offensive ones and 2. someone with the speed and length to at least challenge Gasol/Odom/soon to be Bynum

A. Oberto
B. POPS

hey good call, we chose Oberto. and predictably, we get MURDERED on 1. total rebounds, 2. gave up offensive rebounds (=2nd chance points), 3. ZERO defensive presence inside (other than Tim) 4. ZERO threat of offense/put backs/getting to the line/any sort of offense or production whatsoever up front.

i know there would have been a slight (but negligable) financial issue, BUT ARENT WE TRYING TO WIN HERE????

honestfool84
03-13-2009, 03:14 PM
WHY do you need to TYPE in CAPS so OFTEN?

EJK5032
03-13-2009, 03:28 PM
neither, I'll take KT or Gooden.

Oberto barely played last night anyhow

poop
03-13-2009, 03:32 PM
WHY do you need to TYPE in CAPS so OFTEN?

because it makes me so ANGRY that the problem is fucking crystal clear for all to see and yet pure stubborness is going to result in us getting raped by LA again for a problem we could have and should have fixed easily, but did not out of sheer stubbornness/stupidity/insistance of repeatedly sticking with old, slow, useless frontcourt instead of upgrading to what we NEED. trying the same thing failed thing over and over and expecting it to not fail again.

EricB
03-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Hmm proven forward who played well last night

or a career d leaguer who gives a 13 year old poster with a pocket protector a hard on with a couple of dunks.

What a tough decision.

honestfool84
03-13-2009, 03:59 PM

or a career d leaguer who gives a 13 year old poster with a pocket protector a hard on with a couple of dunks.

What a tough decision.

:lmao

honestfool84
03-13-2009, 03:59 PM
because it makes me so ANGRY that the problem is fucking crystal clear for all to see and yet pure stubborness is going to result in us getting raped by LA again for a problem we could have and should have fixed easily, but did not out of sheer stubbornness/stupidity/insistance of repeatedly sticking with old, slow, useless frontcourt instead of upgrading to what we NEED. trying the same thing failed thing over and over and expecting it to not fail again.

well don't let it ANGER you so MUCH and stop using ALL CAPS cause it is getting very ANNOYING.

EITHER WAY coach GREG poppovich is the person who is GOING to end up making the decision IN THE END.

poop
03-13-2009, 04:38 PM

What a tough decision.

let me explain this to you mr smug. you are basically conceding defeat and you seem a-ok with that. you insistence on sticking with what we know doesnt work is reminiscent of the suns insistence that they will win doing defenseless run-and-gun, despite years of previous evidence confirming that it will not work.

lol you are such a fucking idiot i dont even know where to start. if it were up to you the NBA would still be in the 1950's era talent level. haha your the kind of person that would draft a scrawny 170lb white kid because he was 'fundamentally sound' and would continue to defend your choice as he got blown by, stuffed and dunked on for 6 months straight

honestfool84
03-13-2009, 04:49 PM
let me explain this to you mr smug. you are basically conceding defeat and you seem a-ok with that. you insistence on sticking with what we know doesnt work is reminiscent of the suns insistence that they will win doing defenseless run-and-gun, despite years of previous evidence confirming that it will not work.

lol you are such a fucking idiot i dont even know where to start. if it were up to you the NBA would still be in the 1950's era talent level. haha your the kind of person that would draft a scrawny 170lb white kid because he was 'fundamentally sound' and would continue to defend your choice as he got blown by, stuffed and dunked on for 6 months straight

so you'd draft amare over duncan, cause duncan is fundamentally sound, and apparently you think crap of that?

:lol
look who's the idiot now.

Fabbs
03-13-2009, 04:56 PM

What a tough decision.
And because Fabs played well in the 2007 playoffs, it means he played well in the 2008s (not) and will again in 2009. Stick with him so the assowning Phils gives Pop can be increased to 5-1.

Only thing seperating a Phil 3-0 assowning for this season is a last second shot by Mase and a retarded foul by FaggyFisher.

Yeah dont change a thing.

Nice call out poop, but you wont get far with the Pop Nuttriders Club.

poop
03-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Oberto played well for a time and is effective when Ginobili is in the game, i dont hate the guy, its just painfully obvious that as long as him and Bonner (who is a tall steve kerr, doesnt belong anywhere near the frontcourt despite his height) are in our frontline we can beat most teams, but will NOT beat the great teams.

Eric B and that other assclown dont mind though, they would rather stick with them because theyve been here longer, to them coming across as a smug arrogant know it all on a message board is more important than the spurs actually winning

manufor3
03-13-2009, 05:05 PM
pops, the unproven d-leaguer that will be flashy and dunk
or oberto, a player that has been on the team for some years and knows the system
hmmmm

poop
03-13-2009, 05:06 PM
pops, the unproven d-leaguer that will be flashy and dunk
or oberto, a player that has been on the team for some years and knows the system
hmmmm

lets see guy who is useless against the Lakers or a guy who has been averaging a rebound a minute (in the NBA) and can putback, get to the line, and block shots...hmmmmmmm

poop
03-13-2009, 05:07 PM
LMFAO where do you clowns come from? next season he will be a 12-10 guy and you will still be calling him 'an unproven d-leaguer' hahahahahha

manufor3
03-13-2009, 05:09 PM
LMFAO where do you clowns come from? next season he will be a 12-10 guy and you will still be calling him 'an unproven d-leaguer' hahahahahha
pops averaging 12-10? are you delusional?

poop
03-13-2009, 05:09 PM

HAHAHAAH why do we need a guy with athleticism, speed, rebounding, and finishing/cleanup ability when we have the Paint Titan oberto who can get us 2.3 rebounds, 0 blocks, 0.8 points a game??? I MEAN WHAT A NO BRAINER !!!!!:lmao

poop
03-13-2009, 05:11 PM
i mean why do we need ANYTHING in the paint when our starting center averages 4 rebounds and 0 blocks a game???? I MUST BE A DUMB KID!!!!

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Why does this guy pretend like Gooden isn't on the team?

anonoftheinternets
03-13-2009, 05:14 PM
.... I MUST BE A DUMB KID!!!!

/thread

jag

What a tough decision.

:lol

I thought you were trying to to turn over a new leaf with EricB?

poop
i mean all 4 of our frontline players have a combined vertical of 6 inches, and we get slaughtered on the boards by the good teams, WHY DO WE NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN REBOUND?? WHAT AN IDIOT I MUST BE!!!

poop
03-13-2009, 05:16 PM
look im hoping Gooden will be a rebounding monster as much as the next guy(if pop will ever play him), but seriously i cannot fathom the delusionality of you guys.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 05:18 PM
seriously i cannot fathom the delusionality of you guys.:rollin

Marcus Bryant
03-13-2009, 05:22 PM
And the legend of Pops Abdul-Chamberlain lives on.

poop
03-13-2009, 05:39 PM
And the legend of Pops Abdul-Chamberlain lives on.

saying he can easily be a 12-10 guy does not = 'chamberlain'.

you haters were the ones who came up with that 'jabbar jordan' nonsense.

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Pops Mensah-Bogut, then.

Seriously, saying he can be a top ten rebounder in the NBA is a stretch.

crc21209
03-13-2009, 05:56 PM
OK are we still on this damn Pops train? I mean sure he was Ok in some garbage mins, but other than that, at this point of the Season there was no way Pop was going to gamble by throwing Pops into the fire like that. Pop has more options with his big men this yr anyway. He has TD, Gooden, Thomas, Bonner, and Fab good to go this yr, not bad....