PDA

View Full Version : COD:WAW Map Pack 1

TwAnKiEs
03-13-2009, 03:15 PM
http://www.callofduty.com/supplies/wawmappack1/

Check out the Zombie vid.... cant wait! :makemyday

BruceBowenFan
03-13-2009, 06:46 PM
They took forever to make an annoucement of the map pack pissed me off.

z0sa
03-16-2009, 10:45 AM
i'm pretty sure I just had a cumgasm.

z0sa
03-16-2009, 10:49 AM
They took forever to make an annoucement of the map pack pissed me off.

Actually, I'm hoping since its still a fairly short amount of time since the game was launched, we'll be graced by at least one more before MW2.

TwAnKiEs
03-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Tomorrow people! 800pts I believe :makemyday

BlackSwordsMan
03-18-2009, 04:42 PM
fuck that

The Gemini Method
03-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Awesome! I haven't played WAW in a while, but the new maps may pique my interest in signing on to Live...I really like the Berlin Underground map and the Zombie Asylum looks like it could be fun...

BruceBowenFan
03-18-2009, 07:01 PM
my points have been purchased and ready for zombies.

BruceBowenFan
03-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Zombies is alot harder now

TwAnKiEs
03-20-2009, 09:05 AM
I like the new Zombie map. I finally found out you have to turm on the power to get the perks-a-cola machine and the electric fields to work. Its real fun... I went 26 and 7 on Knee deep yesterday... rapeage! :lol

ManuTP9
03-20-2009, 03:43 PM
i bought them but havent played it, might play them tonite.

z0sa
03-21-2009, 11:56 AM
All three maps, IMO, kick some major ass (havent played verruckt yet). All of them emphasize closer range combat - I think this a nod to those who felt the maps were simply bigger and more detailed than 4's, not more well designed (which I vehemently disagree with).

TwAnKiEs
03-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Anyone come across the Bloody teddy bear in the random box? Shit is crazy! :lmao
They took the zombies and ran away with it :toast:toast

BruceBowenFan
03-21-2009, 05:52 PM
that messe me up, i was like how am i gonna kill zombies with winnie the pooh, next thing i know the box is gone.

balli
03-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Fuck zombies. WTF do zombies have to do with WW2 and a supposedly ultra-realistic WW2 game? Nothing. Of course that's what you get from a know-nothing developer who can't do shit besides steal engines from Infinity Ward and ideas from Valve & Epic.

I can't wait until MW 2 drops and this piece of shit game falls off the face of the earth.

z0sa
03-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Fuck zombies. WTF do zombies have to do with WW2 and a supposedly ultra-realistic WW2 game? Nothing. Of course that's what you get from a know-nothing developer who can't do shit besides steal engines from Infinity Ward and ideas from Valve & Epic.

I can't wait until MW 2 drops and this piece of shit game falls off the face of the earth.

go back to playing mario brothers since it got a high number of perfect scores in 1986 ya fucking dope.

btw, nice calling a clone of the THE BEST MOST REVOLUTIONARY PERFECT GAME EVAR!11111 a piece of shit. I can tell by the unprovoked animosity in your posts (like calling CoD 4 the consensus better game - what bullshit!) you get pwned in WaW and thats why you don't play it. You can't make the switch and bear getting killed by better guns for a few days, or learning new maps ... shit it's something clearly, because its impossible for an objective gamer to dislike waw compared to cod 4. They're the same fucking game for crying out loud.

Just the maps are worth picking this game up, including the new ones which are very nicely designed IMO and worth 8 bucks. Besides the fact its "Map Pack 1", insinuating there's more to come. Ah, feels good to live in the present with new maps, new guns, and more people playing than ever.

balli
03-22-2009, 12:13 PM
you get pwned in WaW and thats why you don't play it.
How could I be getting "pwned" in a game I've never played?

And I don't call it a POS because of the quality or gameplay. I call it a POS because its crappy developer only created it by ripping off every other talented studio or idea in the business. It's a talentless, morally deficient and unsubstantive clone (edit: knockoff) of whatever's successful that came before it.

Ian Malcolm: I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you're using here: it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could and before you even knew what you had you patented it and packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you're selling it, you want to sell it!

The only difference being that WaW isn't going to break out the Raptor Paddock to eat peoples.

z0sa
03-22-2009, 12:17 PM
How could I be getting "pwned" in a game I've never played?

If you've never played it, how are you qualified to have an opinion on whether its shitty or not?

And I don't call it a POS because of the quality or gameplay. I call it a POS because its crappy developer only created it by ripping off every other talented studio or idea in the business. It's a talentless, morally deficient and unsubstantive clone of whatever's successful that came before it. The only difference being that WaW isn't going to break out the Raptor Paddock to eat peoples.

if its more fun, wgaf? you're thinking way too hard into it, brother. I know you had fun in cod 4, with that in mind, I promise you you'll enjoy WaW.

balli
03-22-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm sure it would be fun. What's the point in having fun with something that would make me existentially loathesome? Yup, that's my take, WaW sucks on an existential level. And rather than sell out my soul and it's haughty moral fiber, I'll just wait until CoD's real developer comes out with their game in a few months.

z0sa
03-22-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm sure it would be fun. What's the point in having fun with something that would make me existentially loathesome? Yup, that's my take, WaW sucks on an existential level.

do you play games to have fun or make a statement on your character?

If a game's idea is original but the gameplay sucks, do you still play it?

Which would you rather play, an unoriginal fun game, or an original shit game?

balli
03-22-2009, 12:26 PM
do you play games to have fun or make a statement on your character?
Both. I'm a gamer. And like anything else so important in my life, I consider any game's effect on my character. Some more than others.

Which would you rather play, an unoriginal fun game, or an original shit game?
Neither, but as a question of rather, I'd suppose the former. But like I said, neither, which is why I'm sticking with 4.

z0sa
03-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Both. I'm a gamer. And like anything else so important in my life, I consider any game's effect on my character. Some more than others.

I didn't say that. I said a 'statement ON your character.' Not the changing or evolution of that character, because being an RPG buff+having a love of reading has made sure those unforgettable moments in games affects you more than any non gamer can imagine.

Neither,

You have lost the entire reason for gaming - to entertain yourself

but as a question of rather, I'd suppose the former. But like I said, neither, which is why I'm sticking with 4.

I didn't compare the two, not this time around. I said 'more fun.' As in, there's more fun to be had now that you have mostly exhausted everything 4 has to offer.

TwAnKiEs
03-22-2009, 08:30 PM
He's never played it... LMFAO:lol

Rent it dude. Its not that hard to do.

balli
03-23-2009, 10:57 AM
What don't you chockalocks get? I'm not interested in playing WaW, not for one second, and my primary criticism has nothing to do with the gameplay. I know the gameplay is at least halfway decent; they stole the engine from IW. And even though they did a much shittier job using it, its still Infinity Ward's CoD engine.

Why can't you wrap your heads around the fact that it's okay to be concerned by Treyarch being unethical and unsubstantive? They rip-off talented studios and ideas and only introduced this zombie thing because survival modes are the current flavor of the month. And they did it with two games, this and Quantum of Solace. They're not getting my money or time and I'm flat-out not going to support them, even with a $6 rental. In fact, you couldn't pay me to play a Treyarch game; any Treyarch game.

As for the game itself, I played the beta. Not near as good. Sound and graphic rendering both weak compared to Infinity Ward. Especially the sound, which was beyond pathetic. I remember popping in 4 right after playing WaW's beta for a few hours and literally being amazed at how much better 4 looked and sounded in direct comparison. I was absolutely blown away by the difference in quality.

As in, there's more fun to be had now that you have mostly exhausted everything 4 has to offer.
I got the golden AK and Druganov, but... hardly. There's still plenty of shit I'm working on in 4.

TwAnKiEs
03-23-2009, 01:36 PM
I have both FULL games not just betas and the sound is the same to me. The kill animations are WAY better in WAW for the fact that I can see my limbs leaving the rest of my body... But to each his own :toast

z0sa
03-23-2009, 03:22 PM
I have both FULL games not just betas and the sound is the same to me. The kill animations are WAY better in WAW for the fact that I can see my limbs leaving the rest of my body... But to each his own :toast

I own both full games as well and have played both very extensively (prestiged in 4 twice, on my second in WaW). WaW is better in every regard, not a huge amount or anything, but definitely an improvement - and like I said, for those like myself who played the hell out of 4, the new weapons, maps and vehicles are a breath of fresh air.

This is why it befuddles me that someone who hasn't played WaW 1/1000th of the time I have can pass their opinion on the matter as more qualified, or right, than mine. I just don't see how catering to the people's wants, even if its the flavor of the month, is a bad thing in this scenario. Treyarch didn't try to break new ground, just build upon the recently broken ground they were given. I've already said as well, that itd be an utmost foolish financial move to change 4's extremely popular style of play in the name of Moving Forward only a scant few quarters later.

oh and the death anims in 4 don't even compare to tearing someone in half with [insert weapon here] in waw:toast