PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash back with Dallas

nsrammstein
03-13-2009, 03:43 PM
If the suns decide to blow up their team, would you like to see Cuban try and make some trades to acquire Steve Nash? and If that trade did go through what would be your reaction?

Ghazi
03-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Our defense is mediocre as is and we already have a tough time defending point guards.

Nahhh.

We need an infusion of defensive skill more than offensive skill IMO. preferably a 2 way player.

DarrinS
03-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Dallas needs someone young, like Devin Harris.

DOH!

dirk4mvp
03-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Holy hell, that was original :tu

DarrinS
03-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Nash is a great passer and all, but he just sucks ass at defense.

Rogue
03-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Nash is a great passer and all, but he just sucks ass at defense.
Nash used to be good at offense, but his prime as already passed even faster than the ball does. what we need is a center that can play 30+ minutes and contribute 15+9 every night, O'Neal should be more useful for us IMHO though shaq is older than nash.

mavs>spurs2
03-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Hell no. We got better when he left years ago, I sure as hell don't want the older deteriorating version.

pauls931
03-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Hell no. We got better when he left years ago, I sure as hell don't want the older deteriorating version.

Took me a second to realize you weren't kidding...

monosylab1k
03-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Took me a second to realize you weren't kidding...

Nash leaves, Mavs go to Finals.

It's all right here www.basketball-reference.com

SpursDynasty
03-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Diop

monosylab1k
03-13-2009, 05:56 PM
And this thread is retarded. Yeah, sure, this is exactly what the Mavs need to do - get older, slower, & less athletic.

The Troll Whisperer
03-13-2009, 06:09 PM
dallas needs someone young, like devin harris.

doh!
tsst!

Yorae
03-13-2009, 07:05 PM
If you get steve nash, mavs will be the next bitch of tp.

vicphoenix13
03-14-2009, 05:27 AM
Was this thread created just so Mavs fans could pile on Steve Nash? Nash's departure from Dallas worked out well for both sides. There's no reason for Nash to return to Dallas.

Kamnik
03-14-2009, 07:13 AM
If Dallas wants to maximize their chances to get a no1 pick in the draft they should definetly sign Nash asap.

Spur-Addict
03-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Dallas has enough troubles. Let them address their lack of adequacy at the starting two guard position. They also need a true low post scorer, not someone who chucks fade aways. Dirk is a beast though.

mavsfan1000
03-14-2009, 09:17 AM
We should wait a couple more years. Then we should trade our future in for him like we did for Kidd.

Indazone
03-14-2009, 09:31 AM
D-Lightning Devin Harris

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/lightning-gallery-18.jpg

sribb43
03-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Why dont we re-sgn Kidd and acquire Nash to be his backup, that would be great!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Take Nash, please. we'll take Kidd back, he's my favorite all time Sun.

vicphoenix13
03-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Take Nash, please. we'll take Kidd back, he's my favorite all time Sun.

Your act is getting old.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Your act is getting old.

What act? Just cause I say what you don't want to hear doesn't mean I'm acting.

vicphoenix13
03-14-2009, 04:09 PM
What act? Just cause I say what you don't want to hear doesn't mean I'm acting.

Go ahead and rip Amare and Nash ad nauseum. But do we have to hear how terrible they are in every post you make?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Go ahead and rip Amare and Nash ad nauseum. But do we have to hear how terrible they are in every post you make?

Not until they are traded or burned at the stake. My job is to create as much and pessimism towards them as possible so people want them gone. Once that happens, I've done my job.

vicphoenix13
03-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Not until they are traded or burned at the stake. My job is to create as much and pessimism towards them as possible so people want them gone. Once that happens, I've done my job.

The pessimism you show towards them isn't going to convince management. You think Steve Kerr is going to dispose of Amare and Nash for nothing? If the Suns just dump their salaries, the US Airways Center will be a ghost town next year. Rebuilding is inevitable but Amare and Nash can't be traded for anything less than a couple good young players and draft picks.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 04:27 PM
The pessimism you show towards them isn't going to convince management. You think Steve Kerr is going to dispose of Amare and Nash for nothing? If the Suns just dump their salaries, the US Airways Center will be a ghost town next year. Rebuilding is inevitable but Amare and Nash can't be traded for anything less than a couple good young players and draft picks.

fine then I'll be pessimistic till 2010 when Nash leaves for NY and shows all his groupies in Phoenix how much of a shit he doesn't give about them.

vicphoenix13
03-14-2009, 04:35 PM
fine then I'll be pessimistic till 2010 when Nash leaves for NY and shows all his groupies in Phoenix how much of a shit he doesn't give about them.

Apparently, you aren't aware of how much Nash gives back to the community. His foundation has helped provide community resources all over the world. It would be nice if you didn't let the hate you have for Nash blind you.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Apparently, you aren't aware of how much Nash gives back to the community. His foundation has helped provide community resources all over the world. It would be nice if you didn't let the hate you have for Nash blind you.

That's a little something called PR.

If Nash loved his fans so much, then he'd want to bring them a championship, which he obviously could care less about doing.

vicphoenix13
03-14-2009, 04:54 PM

If Nash loved his fans so much, then he'd want to bring them a championship, which he obviously could care less about doing.

So, he could care less about winning a championship because he hasn't won one? Then I guess other hall of famers like Charles Barkley, John Stockton, Karl Malone and Allen Iverson are in the same boat. I say its impressive that a white guy from the west coast of Canada managed to make himself into a NBA player.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 06:19 PM
So, he could care less about winning a championship because he hasn't won one?

He could care less about winning a championship because he said so:

http://sportsbybrooks.com/steve-nash-doesnt-care-about-winning-nba-title-16510

pauls931
03-14-2009, 07:08 PM

closet spurs fan...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-14-2009, 07:09 PM
closet spurs fan...

If I was a Spurs fan I'd want Nash to be traded to the Lakers.

vicphoenix13
03-15-2009, 06:11 AM

Way to take Nash's comments out of context. Believe it or not, there are more important things in life than basketball. Nash doesn't feel the need to freak out and regret his career because he didn't win a championship. If you only knew what he went through to make it to the NBA. In 1992, when he led his highschool team in British Columbia to the provincial title he was looking for a U.S. university scholarship. He got no interest and had to send grainy try out tapes to U.S. schools. Finally, he got interest from Santa Clara which was his only scholarship offer. While at Santa Clara, he leads the team to two NCAA tournament appearances and upset victories over Maryland and Arizona. Since Nash graduated in 1996, Santa Clara has yet to return to the NCAA tournament.

mavs>spurs2
03-15-2009, 06:15 AM
Way to take Nash's comments out of context. Believe it or not, there are more important things in life than basketball. Nash doesn't feel the need to freak out and regret his career because he didn't win a championship. If you only knew what he went through to make it to the NBA. In 1992, when he led his highschool team in British Columbia to the provincial title he was looking for a U.S. university scholarship. He got no interest and had to send grainy try out tapes to U.S. schools. Finally, he got interest from Santa Clara which was his only scholarship offer. While at Santa Clara, he leads the team to two NCAA tournament appearances and upset victories over Maryland and Arizona. Since Nash graduated in 1996, Santa Clara has yet to return to the NCAA tournament.

Yeah Nash's path to the NBA is a pretty amazing story. I have nothing against the guy, he was one of my favorite players, but I just don't want to see him in a Dallas uniform again. Not to sound like SD, but it's nothing personal

BeeGee
03-15-2009, 07:00 AM

Damn DOK, I don't think the most idiotic members of the media could spin this worse than you did. We gotta getchu a job at BSPN, asap.

Spurs Brazil
03-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Could Suns Use Termination Clause In Nash's Contract?

Suns owner Robert Sarver admitted during a national telecast on Thursday that he could break up the team this offseason, and it appears as though Steve Nash could be sent packing.

There's speculation that Phoenix could use an early termination clause to release Nash this summer. Doing so would save them $7 million on his 2009-2010 salary, according to the New York Post.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57910/20090314/could_suns_use_termination_clause_in_nashs_contrac t/

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Damn DOK, I don't think the most idiotic members of the media could spin this worse than you did. We gotta getchu a job at BSPN, asap.

idk how I spinned it so horribly. He said he basically doesn't value winning a championship very highly, since I want the Suns to win a championship, I don't want players that want to just go through the motions and have fun on the Suns.

EB5-yJM3vJc

vicphoenix13
03-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Could Suns Use Termination Clause In Nash's Contract?

Suns owner Robert Sarver admitted during a national telecast on Thursday that he could break up the team this offseason, and it appears as though Steve Nash could be sent packing.

There's speculation that Phoenix could use an early termination clause to release Nash this summer. Doing so would save them $7 million on his 2009-2010 salary, according to the New York Post.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57910/20090314/could_suns_use_termination_clause_in_nashs_contrac t/

It wouldn't shock me if Sarver let Nash go to save money. If Nash is granted free agency, I don't necessarily think he goes to New York or Toronto. He may be willing to take a bench role to play on a contender.

TampaDude
03-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Nash is probably gonna retire ringless, too.