PDA

View Full Version : Where do this season's Spurs rank in all-time?

sananspursfan21
03-13-2009, 04:22 PM
In the Spurs history, where does this year's team rank all-time?

MaNu4Tres
03-13-2009, 04:27 PM
I think this team has the potential to be maybe the most talented team in the Duncan era. Sad thing is I doubt we will get to see that potential due to injuries and health.

jaffies
03-13-2009, 04:28 PM
You can't rank a season that's not over.

That's like reviewing "The Sixth Sense" or "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" 1 hour before it's done.

sananspursfan21
03-13-2009, 04:30 PM
their team, not the season. many say that the 06 team was the most talented of all-time but they got knocked out 2nd round. i just mean how talented their team is.

xtremesteven33
03-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Next year would have to be after we get the

SHEED

jag
03-13-2009, 04:41 PM
...the playoffs havent even started yet.

This team does have a lot of talent, but it's kind of misleading considering all the injuries.

Go For Tree
03-13-2009, 04:41 PM
their team, not the season. many say that the 06 team was the most talented of all-time but they got knocked out 2nd round. i just mean how talented their team is.

we still wont know until the season is over... how can you rank a team thats not done? how can you rank a team without seeing what the team will be with manu and gooden? put this thread in a (Dr Evil voice) "Time Capsule" and sometime in june we will open up this "Time Capsule" again for discussion....

http://www.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/dr-evil-photo.jpg

Go For Tree
03-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Next year would have to be after we get the

SHEED

becasue making our frontline older is a guarantee for sucess...
:nope

spursncowboys
03-13-2009, 04:45 PM
I remember the 03 Spurs. When I would watch them all season, I remember thinking they were the best. No one can stop them in a seven game series. With Speedy and Stephen Jackson on the bench. I just thought how talented the entire team was. That is how I feel with this team. The pure talent and intelligence of vets like Finley, Duncan, Manu, and Bowen. Then the pure energy and talent of players in their prime like Parker, Mason, and Gooden. Then the rookie of the year Hill. I remember how mad I was when they didn't pick up the shooting guard from Kansas (I think it was Chalmers) and instead got Hill. The pure knowledge of the game that Hill has is ridiculous for a rookie.
So as far as the Duncan era, I would say this team has the second best talent. Next to the 03 team.

sananspursfan21
03-13-2009, 04:47 PM
we still wont know until the season is over... how can you rank a team thats not done? how can you rank a team without seeing what the team will be with manu and gooden? put this thread in a (Dr Evil voice) "Time Capsule" and sometime in june we will open up this "Time Capsule" again for discussion....

no let's talk about it now. again, simply based on talent, not achievement. we will rank their achievement in june, but we can rank their talent at any point of the season. c'mon, it's not a hard concept...:rolleyes

sananspursfan21
03-13-2009, 04:48 PM
I remember the 03 Spurs. When I would watch them all season, I remember thinking they were the best. No one can stop them in a seven game series. With Speedy and Stephen Jackson on the bench. I just thought how talented the entire team was. That is how I feel with this team. The pure talent and intelligence of vets like Finley, Duncan, Manu, and Bowen. Then the pure energy and talent of players in their prime like Parker, Mason, and Gooden. Then the rookie of the year Hill. I remember how mad I was when they didn't pick up the shooting guard from Kansas (I think it was Chalmers) and instead got Hill. The pure knowledge of the game that Hill has is ridiculous for a rookie.
So as far as the Duncan era, I would say this team has the second best talent. Next to the 03 team.

good choice, i think the 06 was, but you backed up your point well

Go For Tree
03-13-2009, 04:49 PM

George, put down the pipe and get back to practice...

Go For Tree
03-13-2009, 04:51 PM
no let's talk about it now. again, simply based on talent, not achievement. we will rank their achievement in june, but we can rank their talent at any point of the season. c'mon, it's not a hard concept...:rolleyes

not a hard concept at all... we dont know even how talented this team is without knowing the role and rotation for gooden... talent in the regular season isnt the same as talent in the playoffs. this team is still getting better. so i, for one, will reserve judgement.

sananspursfan21
03-13-2009, 05:56 PM
not a hard concept at all... we dont know even how talented this team is without knowing the role and rotation for gooden... talent in the regular season isnt the same as talent in the playoffs. this team is still getting better. so i, for one, will reserve judgement.

fair enough :)

baseline bum
03-13-2009, 06:10 PM
If the team can ever get healthy, they'll be significantly better than last season's team.

temujin
03-13-2009, 06:23 PM
The season hasn't started yet.