PDA

View Full Version : If you stare long enough into the abyss, Glenn Beck stares back at you...

PixelPusher
03-13-2009, 09:54 PM
tvwv6iTSCOg

ChumpDumper
03-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Becoming a spree murderer would be great for Beck's ratings.

word
03-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Glen Beck...nuttier than a fruitcake.

AntiChrist
03-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Yeah, Glen Beck is clearly the Devil. :rolleyes

PixelPusher
03-20-2009, 02:23 AM
(couldn't find a video link)

"Believe in something! Even if it's wrong, believe in it." - Glenn Beck

boutons_
03-20-2009, 06:14 AM
Beck's a child, with an audience of children.

RandomGuy
03-20-2009, 07:36 AM
... and yet he probably makes more money than I do because he has his own TV show.

God has a nasty sense of humor sometimes, Him bless Him.

ididnotnothat
03-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Glenn Beck is an idiot.

CharlieMac
03-23-2009, 09:16 PM
This is what people would call "stretching it" in regards to making it sound like Beck condones mo' murder.

sook
03-23-2009, 09:19 PM
This guy is such a moron i don't think people take him seriously...

But comeon...if you got paid milllions and millions of dollars to spew stupid shit out of your mouth, why wouldn't you ? :lol

David Bowie
03-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Back when I had cable, The Glenn Beck show was my favorite on TV.

Think what you will.
I thought he was greatly amusing, but I also agreed with most of the things that he said (at least the root of it.)

Xylus
03-24-2009, 02:53 AM
It's crazy how sane Bill O'Reilly seems to be in Glenn Beck's presence. Glenn is the biggest loon on any news network.

Blue Jew
03-24-2009, 04:30 AM
And to think Andrew Ashwood once said mouse is to crazy to be on the radio.

Woai lost out on millions!

RandomGuy
03-24-2009, 08:45 AM
This guy is such a moron i don't think people take him seriously...

But comeon...if you got paid milllions and millions of dollars to spew stupid shit out of your mouth, why wouldn't you ? :lol

Man, as much as I would hate to say it: Yes.

The trick is to find something to say that makes idiots feel better about themselves or their beliefs.

I take that back, make that "idiots with money". Conspiratheorist Alex Jones does that but his audience, i.e. stoners/slackers/total nutballs, don't tend to have money.

DarrinS
03-24-2009, 09:51 AM
What did he say in that video that has all your collective panties in a wad?

LnGrrrR
03-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Man, as much as I would hate to say it: Yes.

The trick is to find something to say that makes idiots feel better about themselves or their beliefs.

I take that back, make that "idiots with money". Conspiratheorist Alex Jones does that but his audience, i.e. stoners/slackers/total nutballs, don't tend to have money.

You should watch Joel Osteen then.

"God wants you to have money! If you're good with God, you'll have money! If you don't have money, buy more of my stuff to get right with God!"

Viva Las Espuelas
03-24-2009, 12:26 PM
You should watch Joel Osteen then.

"God wants you to have money! If you're good with God, you'll have money! If you don't have money, buy more of my stuff to get right with God!"that dude is a disgrace. having church in The Summit. how humble is that?

LnGrrrR
03-24-2009, 12:32 PM
that dude is a disgrace. having church in The Summit. how humble is that?

For all his talk about helping people, I'm sure he doesn't mind all the cash that gets generated from his books/tapes/etc.

I think that one pastor that Obama had speak was pretty decent for his 'reverse tithing', where he only kept 10%. That's walking the walk. Sure, I may disagree with his opinions, but at least he holds himself accountable.

Osteen is no more than a "get rich" schemer, he just dresses it up in religion.

Jesus was not a businessman, and he did not think that the accumulation of wealth should be the ultimate good of society.

He also wasn't a warrior, which is another common assumption nowadays.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-24-2009, 12:46 PM
For all his talk about helping people, I'm sure he doesn't mind all the cash that gets generated from his books/tapes/etc.

I think that one pastor that Obama had speak was pretty decent for his 'reverse tithing', where he only kept 10%. That's walking the walk. Sure, I may disagree with his opinions, but at least he holds himself accountable.

Osteen is no more than a "get rich" schemer, he just dresses it up in religion.

Jesus was not a businessman, and he did not think that the accumulation of wealth should be the ultimate good of society.

He also wasn't a warrior, which is another common assumption nowadays.
Rick Warren is the one you're talking about. he seems pretty authentic,from what i've seen and read. osteen is just a glorified car salesman. i blame him and other jackass televangelists for people's attitude towards christian faith. just goes to show you flashing lights really do wow a crowd.

PixelPusher
03-24-2009, 01:20 PM
What did he say in that video that has all your collective panties in a wad?

You think liberals acting all "liberally" can cause good, honest, salt-of-the-earth conservative folks to snap and become mass murderers? If anything, conservatives should be offended by Beck's mouth diarrhea that more than liberals.

LnGrrrR
03-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Rick Warren is the one you're talking about. he seems pretty authentic,from what i've seen and read. osteen is just a glorified car salesman. i blame him and other jackass televangelists for people's attitude towards christian faith. just goes to show you flashing lights really do wow a crowd.

True that.

As an atheist, my firm wish would be for all self-proclaimed Christians to actually read the Bible (or at least the bits that they quote). I think if they did that they would be better people and better Christians. The Bible has some great parables, and though I don't believe in God, I think many of the teachings of Christianity (and the Bible) are wonderful.

DarrinS
03-24-2009, 01:26 PM
You think liberals acting all "liberally" can cause good, honest, salt-of-the-earth conservative folks to snap and become mass murderers? If anything, conservatives should be offended by Beck's mouth diarrhea that more than liberals.

Go to 47 seconds in: "even if you call, they don't hear you ON BOTH SIDES"

PixelPusher
03-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Go to 47 seconds in: "even if you call, they don't hear you ON BOTH SIDES"

Apparantly that was good enough for you to shut down your brain and ignore what followed.

BECK: But as I’m listening to him. I’m thinking about the American people that feel disenfranchised right now. That feel like nobody’s hearing their voice. The government isn’t hearing their voice. Even if you call, they don’t listen to you on both sides.

(DarrinS stops listening at this point)

If you’re a conservative, you’re called a racist. You want to starve children.

O’REILLY: Sure.

BECK: Yada yada yada. And every time they do speak out, they’re shut down by political correctness. How do you not have those people turn into that guy?

O’REILLY: Well, look, nobody, even if they’re frustrated, is going to hurt another human being unless they’re mentally ill. I think.

BECK: I think pushed to the wall, you don’t think people get pushed to the wall?

If you think he was equally referring to "both sides" in this, you're disingenuous or stupid. And for the sake of argument, even if he were giving a good faith argument for "both sides", that doesn't make what he said any less abysmal or nihilistic.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 01:54 PM
I thought Beck was for personal responsibility - this douche killed people he blamed for his failures.

xrayzebra
03-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Chump who did Glenn kill?

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Chump who did Glenn kill?x, who taught you how to read?

DarrinS
03-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Apparantly that was good enough for you to shut down your brain and ignore what followed.

If you think he was equally referring to "both sides" in this, you're disingenuous or stupid. And for the sake of argument, even if he were giving a good faith argument for "both sides", that doesn't make what he said any less abysmal or nihilistic.

Busloads of angry people are went to the private homes of AIG execs, but Glen Beck is the Spawn of Satan. Ok, I get it.

FaTSrG2gM7o

xrayzebra
03-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Obviously you cant answer the question, chump.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Obviously you cant answer the question, chump.I never said Beck killed anyone.

No one did.

Only an idiot would think someone did.

You are an idiot.

PixelPusher
03-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Busloads of angry people are went to the private homes of AIG execs, but Glen Beck is the Spawn of Satan. Ok, I get it.

FaTSrG2gM7o

All you did right there was spew forth a shitload of strawmen and fallacies, so no, you obviously don't get it.

There is no equivalence between a busload of people protesting outside homes and some psycho who goes on a shooting rampage.

Again, you're either being disingenuous or, like Glenn Beck, you're a fucking moron.

AntiChrist
03-24-2009, 04:03 PM
All you did right there was spew forth a shitload of strawmen and fallacies, so no, you obviously don't get it.

There is no equivalence between a busload of people protesting outside homes and some psycho who goes on a shooting rampage.

Again, you're either being disingenuous or, like Glenn Beck, you're a fucking moron.

Glen Beck's got nothing on me.

Spurminator
03-24-2009, 04:10 PM
You'll have to excuse him, he just loves his country, and he fears for it.

jman3000
03-24-2009, 04:39 PM
I listen to Beck everyday... and yes he's completely retarded.

He seems like a drama queen and his whole 9/12 project is beyond stupid... I mean seriously? It makes adults look like a bunch of children who can't think for themselves.

Spurminator
03-24-2009, 04:40 PM
It's a fucking disgrace what has happened to journalism in this country. In the early 2000's when the anti-Liberal-Media-bias backlash was in full force, we kept hearing about how the "editorial page" was taking over the "front page." Now the news is nothing BUT editorial, thanks to the very assholes who complained loudest about it in the first place.

jman3000
03-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Not to mention he says the exact same thing on his radio show that he does on his show on Fox.

If he thinks he had said some funny or witty thing on his radio show... guess what? He'll repeat the damn thing on his show AND when he goes on O'Reilly.

AntiChrist
03-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Not to mention he says the exact same thing on his radio show that he does on his show on Fox.

If he thinks he had said some funny or witty thing on his radio show... guess what? He'll repeat the damn thing on his show AND when he goes on O'Reilly.

You need to start using that channel-changer-doohickey.